View Poll Results: Who is your favorite starter?

Voters
1124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grass-type, Chespin

243 21.62%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

318 28.29%
  • Water-type, Froakie

468 41.64%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

95 8.45%
Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Starters Discussion Thread v2

I vastly prefer Froakie to be Water/Dark myself. It fits the image of a ninja to me a lot more than Water/Fighting. Plus I didn't want it to be like Poliwrath lol.

At first I preferred Froakie, which was the least popular... now I prefer Chespin, which is now the least popular.

Oh god, I have somehow become a hipster.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoIncarnate View Post
    People this day and age have some kind of bizarre view on ninjas

I blame Naruto and the younger generation and their radical ideas
    D: nothing wrong with Naruto xD and im naming my greninja Jiraiya for a reason xD

But yeah he's suppose to be more on an thief line but still the frog inspired me for Jiraiya because of him using frog jutsus and summoning them in the series, although im starting with a female froakie to breed froakies for trading and stuff
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Quote Originally Posted by Pamizard View Post
    D: nothing wrong with Naruto xD and im naming my greninja Jiraiya for a reason xD

But yeah he's suppose to be more on an thief line but still the frog inspired me for Jiraiya because of him using frog jutsus and summoning them in the series, although im starting with a female froakie to breed froakies for trading and stuff
    Naruto is the reason people on this forum have such a skewed idea of what ninjas are about

To the point that people don't think ninja's would be dark type

Quote Originally Posted by Pamizard View Post

Nothing wrong with Naruto? You should really not go to Manga related forums then.. People have been talking about the destruction of any quality standard it may have once had for the last 7 years.... Not joking, every single chapter release is another storm of complaints forming.

Picking Froakie regardless, staying true to my choice from the previous thread.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

im going for fennkin i suppose..
    i like fennekin and chespins evolution the most, for me the water one is a no go. i loved frogadier but the scarf totally turned me off.

then its choosing between stats/typings and i guess fire/psychic fits me better.. but then theres the problem with the talonflame.. i like that pokemon a lot (just like goodras line but well its tie ^^)
    i dunno if its smart to go with 2 fire types in a team and my friend goes for fennekin aswell, its a tough choice.

i heard you get the starter your strong against later on in the game, and since i dont want froakie.. this woudl give me yet another reason to go for fennekin.

anyone has some advice to which to pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Nothing wrong with Naruto? You should really not go to Manga related forums then.. People have been talking about the destruction of any quality standard it may have once had for the last 7 years.... Not joking, every single chapter release is another storm of complaints forming.

Picking Froakie regardless, staying true to my choice from the previous thread.
    heh I just dont pay attention much anymore D; they killed all my favorite characters.

Froakie will represent Jiraiya, who is one of my favorites!!!!!
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

At first I was team Froakie, but Chesnaught won me over. I can't get enough of the Juggernaut Hedgehog I just can't.

Besides unless it was rock, he was bound to have a quad weakness to someone (grass/dark, grass/psychic). Grass has always been screwed over, it just matters how you use it!

Anyone got suggestions for Natures for Froakie? I think I might go with Mild, +SpA, -Def

He has a pretty nice Speed Stat, so I think I should be fine without a speed advantage nature.... Hmmm
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: Kami 1349-5696-3132

Playing Pokemon X:
    Name: Kami

Proud Owner of:
    Shiny Hasty Protean Froakie with 31/22/31/31/31/31
    Shiny Timid Ghastly with 31/14/31/31/31/31 and 6IV's
    Shiny Brave Honedge with 31/31/31/24/31/00
    Shiny Impish Furfrou with 31/31/31/X/31/31 (M) and 6IV's (F)
    Shiny Timid Volt Absorb Jolteon with 31/X/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice)
    Shiny Bold Cute Charm Sylveon with 31/22/31/31/31/31
    Shiny Jolly Tyrunt with 31/31/31/31/23/31
    Shiny Timid Infiltrator Noibat with 31/14/23/31/31/31

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKami View Post
    Anyone got suggestions for Natures for Froakie? I think I might go with Mild, +SpA, -Def

He has a pretty nice Speed Stat, so I think I should be fine without a speed advantage nature.... Hmmm
    I'd go with modest cause his speed seems good,so getting his Sp Attack up might benefit him a lot
    Hot Head 25/12/2004

3DS FC:1392 4243 2904
    Trading 1-5 gen Shinys for Kalos Shinys,Pm if interested

I think Mild will do wonders.. Take advantage of that special, while still leaving room for it to go mixed, perhaps with Sucker Punch.

What does Protean do?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I will be choosing Fennekin, no question. Fennekin's design drew me in when it and the other starters' were first released. It looked quietly confident and a little bit pensive, which appealed to me more than Chespin's abandon and enthusiasm or Froakie's seeming shock at whatever it saw. The more I learned about its evolutionary line, the more I was hooked. I gravitate towards mage classes in TTRPGs, so the idea of apprentice-Fennekin, adept-Braixen and wizard-Delphox was a natural fit for me. The designs of the later forms also helped hold my eye. Braixen looked spunky and curious, sure of itself but eager to learn. Delphox looked like it had grown into its potential, and had the grace, elegance, and poise of a master. The typing, combining two of my favorite offensive types, clinched the choice for me.

Anyone have any thoughts on which nature would be better for Chespin, Careful or Jolly? As of now I'm thinking of going for a Careful nature.

My favorites team:

Protean changes the Type of the Pokemon after the move it's used, according to some leaks from other sites:

Example: Froakie uses U-Turn, Protean activates, changing his type to Bug. He uses Thief, Protean Activates and changes his type to Dark

Playing Pokemon X:

Proud Owner of:

Rash might be good, he resists more elements that are more commonly special than he does physical, so he may NEED the defense, plus has a weakness to fighting, which is a pretty strong weakness

Not that he has strong defenses either way, but a stronger defense might make him live longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Entei View Post
    I'd go with modest cause his speed seems good,so getting his Sp Attack up might benefit him a lot
    See I'm contemplating between Mild and Modest. Maybe I'll go Mild first and see how he fairs, then I can just breed for the Modest Nature hopefully.

Rash might be good, he resists more elements that are more commonly special than he does physical, so he may NEED the defense, plus has a weakness to fighting, which is a pretty strong weakness

Not that he has strong defenses either way, but a stronger defense might make him live longer.
    Thank you for your post! It would make sense for him to have a higher Defense due to weakness to Fighting. What about Fairy though? Is it normally Special or Physical?

Playing Pokemon X:

Proud Owner of:

Protean changes the Type of the Pokemon after the move it's used, according to some leaks from other sites:

Example: Froakie uses U-Turn, Protean activates, changing his type to Bug. He uses Thief, Protean Activates and changes his type to Dark
    sounds pretty good and it is very similar to colour change. would be better if it changed before it used the attack to gain stab. however, it may be a double edged sword. you may use an attack that makes you weak to your opponent, but it seems pretty good.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

See I'm contemplating between Mild and Modest. Maybe I'll go Mild first and see how he fairs, then I can just breed for the Modest Nature hopefully.

Thank you for your post! It would make sense for him to have a higher Defense due to weakness to Fighting. What about Fairy though? Is it normally Special or Physical?
    I'm not really concerned about Greninjas type at the start,but I want to make sure I get a Modest Charmander for my Mega Charizard Y
    Hot Head 25/12/2004

3DS FC:1392 4243 2904
    Trading 1-5 gen Shinys for Kalos Shinys,Pm if interested

That could be very useful, if Froakie wants to avoid getting hit SE, switch to a safe type.

Does the activation take place before or after using the move because if it switches before, he could get STAB for it.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

They've finally utilized the Fighting, Psychic, Dark trifecta

Thought this would fit better here: official art of final starter evolutions:

Quote Originally Posted by 0danmaster0 View Post
    starter final evo's art
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Could someone save them and upload them?

I can't see 4chan images and by the time I get home, they'll be gone

Whoever predicted that the official 2-d art would look better than the 3-d models was correct.

I think I know what seems off to me about the models: they're outlined in black. Was that necessary?

Delphox's Art makes me actually like it better than the in-game leaks. 0.0

Playing Pokemon X:

Proud Owner of:

Could someone save them and upload them?

I can't see 4chan images and by the time I get home, they'll be gone
    Can you see these?:
    http://oi43.*******.com/2rwb3bq.jpg
    http://oi42.*******.com/2r2r5gp.jpg
    http://oi44.*******.com/2ez42mr.jpg
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast