View Poll Results: Who is your favorite starter?

Voters
1152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grass-type, Chespin

246 21.35%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

327 28.39%
  • Water-type, Froakie

480 41.67%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

99 8.59%
Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1421

Thread: Starters Discussion Thread v2

I hope we get Mega Evolutions for the Kalos starters before at least 9th gen. I would like Mega Greninja to be much faster (base 130 please!), bigger bulk and HP, and an absurd SpAtk. Considering Greninja right now is incredibly frail, having the same power without the damage from Life Orb would just make this frog ninja a whole lot better than it already is.

If I were to grade the starters this gen...
    Aesthetics / Competitive
    Greninja - Cowabunga! / The Frog Ninja Rises (only with Protean)
    Delphox - Reinamon 2.0 / Victini 2.0
    Chesnaught - Ow, my naughts! / Ferrothorn with a 4X Flying weakness instead of Fire

Overall - Great. Would have been perfect if Chesnaught wasn't so ugly.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    I hope we get Mega Evolutions for the Kalos starters before at least 9th gen.
    Do you know if they plan on continuing this for future generations or is this it in-terms of Mega evolution's? Because they could have easily gave every starter a Mega-evolution this time around. Now I know they're reasoning for not giving Kalos starters one(because they're still new and all) but what stopped them from giving Johto, Swampert, Sceptile , Sinnoh and Unova starters they're Mega-Evolution's? Which makes me question if they are even planning on continuing this for future generations.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    I hope we get Mega Evolutions for the Kalos starters before at least 9th gen. I would like Mega Greninja to be much faster (base 130 please!), bigger bulk and HP, and an absurd SpAtk. Considering Greninja right now is incredibly frail, having the same power without the damage from Life Orb would just make this frog ninja a whole lot better than it already is.
    Greninja is already dominating the competitive scene enough as it is right now (I don't even play competitively and I know this), it doesn't need even more power. If Greninja was to get a mega, I'd like to see have a somewhat different play style like some megas do already (I'd keep the speed though). I feel like Chesnaught and Delphox need megas more though, especially the latter, who could really do with a boost and a better ability. Plus, a mega's HP never changes, just to point that out.

The poster above me also has a point. It is unknown if they will still continue megas and who get them. They may not even get them for all we know. However, it does seem like it's a popular opinion for most people wanting every starter to have a mega (Kalos ones included) as I have seen many people state this.

Ok, yeah, I've decided that Froakie is the best starter. Because, in the long run, Greninja can be breeded to get a Protean Greninja, which is quite possibly the best OU Pokemon to come out of Gen 6. XD

Spoiler:- Credits:

Greninja isn't dominating in terms of strength or importance, it's just appearing on a lot of teams because they assume that speed mixed with Protean makes it an unstoppable force. It's actually not all that hard to beat with the proper line up. Greninja will only ever be a wall breaker of sorts, possibly a scout, but it's defenses make it absolutely horrendous for anything else. Oddly enough, Talonflame is a huge Greninja counter thanks to its Speed and priority Brave Bird (even without Gale Wings it would still win because Greninja almost never carry their signature move). Other counters are bulky Special Walls, which T-Tar can be. So yeah, I feel Greninja is a great Pokemon, but overrated for its ability.

Oh and GameLion, you can only get Protean from the Friend Safari, unless you get lucky on the GTS. Breeding a normally Froakie will only continue to give you Torrent
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Greninja isn't dominating in terms of strength or importance, it's just appearing on a lot of teams because they assume that speed mixed with Protean makes it an unstoppable force. It's actually not all that hard to beat with the proper line up.
    Bit of a quirk here, you could say the same with a majority of OU Pokémon and it doesn't make them any worse. For instance, Terrakion is countered by a team that has either Aegislash, Cresselia and/or Greninja, but no one would argue that it's not a strong Pokémon in the current Metagame, it just went up against a lineup it has a disadvantage to. Very few Pokémon don't have that issue and that's where it's a benefit to use the team to cover their flaws.

Of course, Greninja has more issues then Terrakion and I don't think anyone would argue that it's better then it, but the same still stands.

Oh and GameLion, you can only get Protean from the Friend Safari, unless you get lucky on the GTS. Breeding a normally Froakie will only continue to give you Torrent
    I'm assuming that he means that he can breed his Starter Froakie with a Female FS one.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Greninja isn't dominating in terms of strength or importance, it's just appearing on a lot of teams because they assume that speed mixed with Protean makes it an unstoppable force. It's actually not all that hard to beat with the proper line up. Greninja will only ever be a wall breaker of sorts, possibly a scout, but it's defenses make it absolutely horrendous for anything else. Oddly enough, Talonflame is a huge Greninja counter thanks to its Speed and priority Brave Bird (even without Gale Wings it would still win because Greninja almost never carry their signature move). Other counters are bulky Special Walls, which T-Tar can be. So yeah, I feel Greninja is a great Pokemon, but overrated for its ability.

I've seen a few people who taught there Greninja Mat Block and Water Shuriken in Online Battles. For a little bit my Greninja knew Water Shuriken, but I got rid off the move for Surf since 1. I needed a Pokemon to know Surf on my team and didn't feel like making one of my Pokemon in my PC a HM Slave and 2. I didn't find it a very good move despite it having the 1st priority and being able to hit the opponent from 2 to 5 times in a row. Also, Tyranitar could be taken down by Greninja easily with the correct move set. Tyranitar is 4x weak to Fighting, 2x weak to Ground, 2x weak to Bug, 2x weak to Steel, 2x weak to Water, 2x weak weak to Grass, and 2x weak to Fairy which Greninja can learn at least one move from all of these types, but Steel and Fairy (Fighting: Power-Up Punch and Rock Smash; Ground: Dig; Bug: U-Turn; Water: Bubble, Water Pulse, Water Shuriken, Hydro Pump, Scald, Surf, Waterfall, Hydro Cannon, and Water Pledge; Grass: Grass Knot).
    Last edited by AwesomeGrovyle; 7th January 2014 at 8:27 PM. Reason: Some errors

Greninja is easily the best starter this gen. It's got just the right combination of Stats, movepool and type (though that last bit is made redundant) to do what it needs, and it also got a GODLY hidden ability. Getting STAB on every single attack EVER is awesome. Greninja can actually sweep someone if they're not careful, because Greninja's defences, while bad, do ensure it can take at least one hit and deal back a devastating life-orb boost. Unlike most sweepers, though, Greninja SUCKS with a Choice Item, due to it's niche being that it can switch types on the fly.
    Sonic's the name, speed's my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Bit of a quirk here, you could say the same with a majority of OU Pokémon and it doesn't make them any worse. For instance, Terrakion is countered by a team that has either Aegislash, Cresselia and/or Greninja, but no one would argue that it's not a strong Pokémon in the current Metagame, it just went up against a lineup it has a disadvantage to. Very few Pokémon don't have that issue and that's where it's a benefit to use the team to cover their flaws.

Of course, Greninja has more issues then Terrakion and I don't think anyone would argue that it's better then it, but the same still stands.
    Understandable, because yeah, everything has a weakness... in Greninja's case, even if it's the best 6th gen starter, it's own ability can hurt it, but only if the opponent is ready. Ironically Greninja is it's own worst enemy for two reasons, Life Orb kills it slowly and other Greninja can win the speed tie and ko it.

Terrakion is a Legend though, which is a sort of unfair comparison, maybe compare Infernape to Greninja as their basically the same in the sense they are wallbreakers with so not so great defenses. The only difference, Infernape can pull off a mixed set compared to Greninja mostly relying on it's High powered Special Attacks.

I'm assuming that he means that he can breed his Starter Froakie with a Female FS one.
    Uh...that still means he has to get lucky on the GTS or have a Frogadier Friend Safari
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Yeah, from experience Greninja's a fun one to use, but isn't unstoppable; almost any Pokemon that doesn't instantly faint can generally sneeze on it and take it out.

I've always been on Team Froakie, mainly due to my huge preference for Water-types. I was glad he ended up becoming the general fave of the three in the end, Greninja is frickin' awesome and while I've had several experiences using Dark-types on my team before, I just love how great my Greninja was of a battler in the end.

I also love playing with him in Pokemon Amie as well, and thanks to Shauna's in-game trade I now also have a cute Delphox! (Fennekin's line is my second fave of the bunch btw)

Quote Originally Posted by OshyHikari View Post
    I was glad he ended up becoming the general fave of the three in the end
    I'm not and here's why (this isn't directed at anyone in particular)

I've noticed a lot of Greninja fans have become pretty rabid lately about how it's supposedly the best thing ever and everything else is worthless. It's like if people dare mention they like Chespin or Fennekin more than it, they are instantly insulted by these people by having a different opinion than them, which further proves how people treat Chespin and Fennekin like dirt. People are allowed to like Greninja, heck I actually like it even though it's my least favourite of the three, but when other people try to force their opinions down people's throats, then there's something wrong.

Game Freak clearly had favourite this generation and it shows. It's like they did everything they could to make sure Froakie was the only "correct" choice and make the others not worth using in some way, which I think is really sad. It makes me wonder why they even bothered with Chespin or Fennekin if Froakie is "Godly".

Again, this isn't directed at anyone in particular and it's fine to like the Froakie line the most, but I don't know why people feel the need to act like the Chespin and Fennekin lines are worthless and should never be liked more than the Froakie line.

Understandable, because yeah, everything has a weakness... in Greninja's case, even if it's the best 6th gen starter, it's own ability can hurt it, but only if the opponent is ready. Ironically Greninja is it's own worst enemy for two reasons, Life Orb kills it slowly and other Greninja can win the speed tie and ko it.
    Very true, while the benefits it gives are very much worth it, it's still a very fragile Pokémon and because of that a false move can easily wreck it beyond repair. It has to be played right or it'll be crushed.

Terrakion is a Legend though, which is a sort of unfair comparison, maybe compare Infernape to Greninja as their basically the same in the sense they are wallbreakers with so not so great defenses. The only difference, Infernape can pull off a mixed set compared to Greninja mostly relying on it's High powered Special Attacks.
    Terrakion was more to just show that even a powerful foe can have a bad run-in if the team has the right group of Pokémon, but I can understand if it came off a bit as hyperbole because of their differing styles and viability. Infernape would've been a better example.

Quote Originally Posted by CRVEmaster View Post
    I'm not and here's why (this isn't directed at anyone in particular)

I've noticed a lot of Greninja fans have become pretty rabid lately about how it's supposedly the best thing ever and everything else is worthless. It's like if people dare mention they like Chespin or Fennekin more than it, they are instantly insulted by these people by having a different opinion than them, which further proves how people treat Chespin and Fennekin like dirt. People are allowed to like Greninja, heck I actually like it even though it's my least favourite of the three, but when other people try to force their opinions down people's throats, then there's something wrong.

Game Freak clearly had favourite this generation and it shows. It's like they did everything they could to make sure Froakie was the only "correct" choice and make the others not worth using in some way, which I think is really sad. It makes me wonder why they even bothered with Chespin or Fennekin if Froakie is "Godly".

Again, this isn't directed at anyone in particular and it's fine to like the Froakie line the most, but I don't know why people feel the need to act like the Chespin and Fennekin lines are worthless and should never be liked more than the Froakie line.
    As sad as it is to say, there are a lot of fans that do that regardless of who it is. Whether it'd be Garchomp, Salamence, Charizard (especially now that it has those powerful megas), Lucario, or hell, even the general fanbase at large, there's always going to be a rabid segment that will actively insult and berate anyone that disagrees with their choice and praise it to high heaven. It's never the majority, but it's those type of people that give a bad rep because they're the most vocal and eye-catching of their lot.

It's sad really, because oftentimes there's really nothing wrong with the Pokémon and many could like them on their own but by those fans acting the way they do, they end up scaring away or annoying others in the process.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 11th January 2014 at 3:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Very true, while the benefits it gives are very much worth it, it's still a very fragile Pokémon and because of that a false move can easily wreck it beyond repair. It has to be played right or it'll be crushed.
    I guess what I wanna say is they all have their own niches that make them pretty good (Poor Delphox has niches, but lacks the stats and movepool to use them correctly). You answer this further down and I'll talk more about it there, but I just feel the need to say Greninja isn't the end all be all for the 6th Gen starters. I just feel it's over hyped only for it's Speed and Ability.

Terrakion was more to just show that even a powerful foe can have a bad run-in if the team has the right group of Pokémon, but I can understand if it came off a bit as hyperbole because of their differing styles and viability. Infernape would've been a better example.
    You could have then mentioned Keldeo I guess, which is basically Greninja, though unlike Greninja, Keldeo has a wall named Jellicent. But yeah, play styles are mostly the keys in battle, as sets can become predictable.

As sad as it is to say, there are a lot of fans that do that regardless of who it is. Whether it'd be Garchomp, Salamence, Charizard (especially now that it has those powerful megas), Lucario, or hell, even the general fanbase at large, there's always going to be a rabid segment that will actively insult and berate anyone that disagrees with their choice and praise it to high heaven. It's never the majority, but it's those type of people that give a bad rep because they're the most vocal and eye-catching of their lot.

It's sad really, because oftentimes there's really nothing wrong with the Pokémon and many could like them on their own but by those fans acting the way they do, they end up scaring away or annoying others in the process.
    Poor Mega Zards still have trouble, but I've noticed DD Zard X's have the most success. But yet, big names with impressive stats and typing's hit the OU fast (because everyone wants to use them) Everyone has hyped up Greninja, which is why is gets a free pass by everyone thinking it's the starter to use. If you like a Frail Wallbreaker/Glass Cannon and can predict your opponent well enough, then yeah, it's an amazing Pokemon. But I've explained it before, Chesnaught is actually a pretty under appreciated Pokemon this generation. It's a Physical Wall, asking for anything more, your better off using a different Pokemon. I mean everyone sees the Fire, Flying, Ice, Fairy weakness and automatically assumes that's a bad Pokemon. Well why would you be staying in on those moves unless he's your last Pokemon? Chesnaught is one of the few Pokemon able to resist the dreaded EdgeQuake, beats out the strongest Spinner in the game (Excadrill) and can even Wall a Wall (Gliscor) or at least set up on it. Invest in Defense, you actually destroy Mega Kanga and with Bulletproof, you destroy Aegislash (Mixed or Physical, unless it runs Flash Cannon), in fact, Chesnaught beats out it's competition in Ferrothorn one on one. As for Delphox, can't say much for it... can try a special sweep, but it doesn't have all the moves for it, can try a defensive set, but relying on WoW is never a good option. Having Wish for recovery isn't great and isn't good supportive wise because it's low HP. If X2/Y2/Z gives it the necessary toys like Chesnaught wants Drain Punch, then you've got a great cast of starters.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Do you know if they plan on continuing this for future generations or is this it in-terms of Mega evolution's? Because they could have easily gave every starter a Mega-evolution this time around. Now I know they're reasoning for not giving Kalos starters one(because they're still new and all) but what stopped them from giving Johto, Swampert, Sceptile , Sinnoh and Unova starters they're Mega-Evolution's? Which makes me question if they are even planning on continuing this for future generations.
    Probably not the thread for this but how is them not giving the rest of the starters Megas equal them not continuing this concept at all. The reason not every starter has them now is pretty easy to explain not all starters are available in X and Y therefore them having megas wouldn't really make any sense. If anything them not having megas almost ensures the concepts continuation ( But I mean a concept this big and you think there just gonna dump it! Lol this is a whole different caliber than stuff like contest and musicals which were scrapped). What did you want them to do make all 15 starters available because that not only takes away from the Kalos starters but it would be way over the top (I mean they even explained letting the Kanto ones in was a big stretch).
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

I guess what I wanna say is they all have their own niches that make them pretty good (Poor Delphox has niches, but lacks the stats and movepool to use them correctly). You answer this further down and I'll talk more about it there, but I just feel the need to say Greninja isn't the end all be all for the 6th Gen starters. I just feel it's over hyped only for it's Speed and Ability.
    Yeah, as much as I like Greninja I won't deny it's been overhyped. It's a great Pokémon for what it does and its niche is more applicable admittedly, but that doesn't mean choosing the other two over it or just not using it for other options makes you a terrible player, you just don't like the niche it provides.

Poor Mega Zards still have trouble, but I've noticed DD Zard X's have the most success. But yet, big names with impressive stats and typing's hit the OU fast (because everyone wants to use them) Everyone has hyped up Greninja, which is why is gets a free pass by everyone thinking it's the starter to use. If you like a Frail Wallbreaker/Glass Cannon and can predict your opponent well enough, then yeah, it's an amazing Pokemon. But I've explained it before, Chesnaught is actually a pretty under appreciated Pokemon this generation. It's a Physical Wall, asking for anything more, your better off using a different Pokemon. I mean everyone sees the Fire, Flying, Ice, Fairy weakness and automatically assumes that's a bad Pokemon. Well why would you be staying in on those moves unless he's your last Pokemon? Chesnaught is one of the few Pokemon able to resist the dreaded EdgeQuake, beats out the strongest Spinner in the game (Excadrill) and can even Wall a Wall (Gliscor) or at least set up on it. Invest in Defense, you actually destroy Mega Kanga and with Bulletproof, you destroy Aegislash (Mixed or Physical, unless it runs Flash Cannon), in fact, Chesnaught beats out it's competition in Ferrothorn one on one. As for Delphox, can't say much for it... can try a special sweep, but it doesn't have all the moves for it, can try a defensive set, but relying on WoW is never a good option. Having Wish for recovery isn't great and isn't good supportive wise because it's low HP. If X2/Y2/Z gives it the necessary toys like Chesnaught wants Drain Punch, then you've got a great cast of starters.
    True, both have to have some support to back them but both still have great niches in being a self-sufficient Wallbreaker/DD sweeper which gives a lot to Charizard that it didn't have before, but anyway...

I agree about Chesnaught, I think it gets way too overlooked. Grass/Fighting along with Bulletproof allow for some nice resistances to some of the common types and threats in the OU metagame including the ones you mentioned, plus it gives it nice coverage along with Earthquake and Stone Edge to threaten Pokémon out or outright KO them and potentially set spikes up. It does have its flaws such as that nasty Flying type weakness when Talonflames are running around along with Specially inclined moves, but just like with Greninja and Special Walls just switch it out accordingly. If it gets Drain Punch for a more reliable recovery, it'll have a more definable role to play in OU that should get it from Ferrothorn's shadow. Same with Delphox getting a definable niche hopefully once the Move Tutors are available.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 11th January 2014 at 6:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggers View Post

It's like they intentionally made Greninja amazing and gimped 'Fox and 'Naught just to make Greninja look even better.
    I really don't think that's true. They've never been amazing at balancing starters (or... any particular group of Pokemon), Greninja is no different. Besides, why would they bother trying super hard to make one starter stand out?

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Besides, why would they bother trying super hard to make one starter stand out?
    Let's ask Charizard, then. What's it like being the only starter to have two Mega Evolutions?

For in-game purposes though, I don't agree that Chesnaught and Delphox are "gimped". Both have decent typing and coverage that allows them to check a pretty wide variety of in-game opponents. One might say that's not all that significant, and to an extent that might be true, but for self-challenges like Nuzlocke and speed runs, it is of value.

Competitively, yes, there's a clear winner, but this has always been true; it's incredibly rare for all three starters to be of equal competitive value (barring Gen 5, whose starters were all pretty much trash). Or did we forget our old pal Blaziken?
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Chesnaught is a warrior? That's cool, make it Grass/Fighting so it's double effective against Greninja. Oh, that reminds me - we need to give Greninja Flying moves!
    Well, to be fair, all three Flying moves that Greninja learns (Bounce, Aerial Ace, Acrobatics) have a logical reason for it to be able to learn them. Aerial Ace partly because of it's speed and partly because ninja's are capable swordsmen (if you didn't know, Aerial Ace is based on a sword technique). Acrobatics beause ninjas are typically quite acrobatic. Bounce because it's a frog, they bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Let's ask Charizard, then. What's it like being the only starter to have two Mega Evolutions?
    Haha, I guess that's a good point. To be fair though, Charizard was given two megas almost twenty years into the series when it had already gained massive popularity. I doubt they initially set out to make it the most popular of the three.

Totally.

I'm not sure what Gamefreak was thinking when they made Greninja, but it's like they had no regard for balancing the starters.

For instance, Greninja is a ninja? Cool! Let's give it Spikes! Let's make it really fast! Let's give it two signature moves! And while we're at it, let's give it one of the best abilities in the game and a diverse movepool to abuse it with!

Delphox is a wizard? What do wizards do? Ummmmm... steal stuff? Yeah, let's go with that. They don't cast spells or anything like that, do they? Of course not, so don't give it anything like Thunderbolt or Dazzling Gleam. That would just be stupid.

Chesnaught is a warrior? That's cool, make it Grass/Fighting so it's double effective against Greninja. Oh, that reminds me - we need to give Greninja Flying moves! Oh, and let's make a regional bird with priority Flying moves. It's not like it won't become super popular or anything.

It's like they intentionally made Greninja amazing and gimped 'Fox and 'Naught just to make Greninja look even better.
    Delphox can learn Solarbeam to counter Greninja and Chesnaught Earthquake/Stone Edge for Delphox. Every starter usually gets a coverage move to counter their weakness, Delphox and Chesnaught are no different then Greninja in that regard. Also, Acrobatics will not KO Chesnaught due to its high defenses whereas Greninja will be saying goodnight to either of its STAB moves.

As for Chesnaught's viability, I think both me and Joltik-kid have covered why it's still very good in OU. The flying weakness does hurt, but the moves and ability it has allows it to still have a clear definable niche to play that is still effective, granted not as much as Greninja but it's still very good. Delphox is lacking, but it isn't favoratism that screwed it over, it's that its stats and movepool don't complement each other and that's still potentially fixable with move tutors.

So really, there was no favoratism for this group of starters, all three were designed with specific niches to fill. Some weren't as effective, but that doesn't mean that's there's a clear favorite in mind.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 12th January 2014 at 5:30 AM.

Sigh just saw the POTW of talonflame. I have said it before and I will say it again, whoever writes the crappy POTW on this website is obsessed with Delphox. Jesus christ.
    JUST A CHILLED OUT SKUNTANK GUY

MARCH OF THE SKUNTANK ARMY

Lesson: Disagreeing with other opinions no matter how small may lead to flame wars and banging your head against the wall

Quote Originally Posted by NightFire7 View Post
    Sigh just saw the POTW of talonflame. I have said it before and I will say it again, whoever writes the crappy POTW on this website is obsessed with Delphox. Jesus christ.
    This so much!

Look, we can all agree it's the worst of the three starters competitively, but does the writer REALLY need to bring up Delphox in every single article they write? It's not relevant to the articles, so why is it still constantly mentioned? If this is supposed to be a joke, it's not funny anymore. Heck, it's arguably not even the worst Fire or Psychic type introduced this generation and people still point fingers? *sigh* I guess some people will never be satisfied.....

Tell me about it.

Mr.Mime-"Even Delphox might manage a KO or two with Heat Wave before Mr. Mime does anything notable."

Snorlax- "He flipped the TV on just in time to watch a Mega Lucario ram a Close Combat right into the face of a Delphox"

Azumarill- "+6 252+ Atk Mystic Water Huge Power Aqua Jet vs 0 HP / 0 Def Delphox: 998-1176 (342.95 - 404.12%)"

Blaziken- "Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Delphox: 346-407 (118.49 - 139.38%)"

Skuntank- "252 SpA Delphox Fire Blast vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skuntank: 117-138 (28.53 - 33.65%)"

Chesnaught- "We have Greninja who's offensive power is devastating and swift. Chesnaught, who can shrug off hits like they are nothing. And Delphox who is arguably good at nothing, competitive-wise (though we'll see more about that next week)."

Delphox- "Every generation we get three new starters, and it always seems we get one that manages to fail at practically everything. This time we have Delphox. A Pokemon with many common weaknesses, a limited movepool, and a useless ability. It has okay offensive stats. Don't take it the wrong way, Delphox is built to be a special sweeper, and it does this job well. Let me explain why something with such good offensive stats and amazing design is bad. Let's get started..."

Greninja- "Greninja would have been a mediocre Pokemon on the same level of Delphox if not for its amazing ability Protean."

Talonflame- "Chances are if you play online or pay any attention to competitive battles then you have already seen enough of this mighty bird to know how dangerous it can be. I think I can hear Delphox crying."

Avalugg- "After a single Curse Avalugg reaches almost 600 attack and defense, more than enough to shrug off virtually every hit it may face as well as 2HKOing Skarmory with Avalanche and an entire horde battle full of Delphox with Earthquake." (lol a fast Fire Special Attacker being scared of Avalugg)

Someone has issues with the fox.
    ...What does Delphox say?

Seriously though, I don't understand why people are saying Chesnaught is ugly? It is far more impressive looking than Emboar and Serperior: Emboar especially! Gamefreak really messed up with Emboar the most. Heck, I'd go as far as to say that Emboar is nobody's favourite starter out of all the starters. All in all, Gamefreak did a fantastic job with this batch of starters. A little hard to get used to at first but they grew on me especially quick!
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Demon View Post
    ...What does Delphox say?
    Gamefreak really messed up with Emboar the most. Heck, I'd go as far as to say that Emboar is nobody's favourite starter out of all the starters.
    Wrong! I love Emboar (It's Samurott I'd consider "ugly" out of the Gen V starters). The Emboar line is third of my top fave starter Pokémon lines. This gen's starters are cute but they're far more interesting with their hidden abilities.

In saying that, as much as I love the Delphox line the Greninja line is probably the best (the Chestnaught line plays the worst for me IMO but it's not bad). So I would have voted for none but I don't like Goomy at all.
    Last edited by Hexin' Wishes; 13th January 2014 at 11:56 PM.

Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast