View Poll Results: Who is your favorite starter?

Voters
1132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grass-type, Chespin

245 21.64%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

320 28.27%
  • Water-type, Froakie

471 41.61%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

96 8.48%
Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1401

Thread: Starters Discussion Thread v2

I actually really hated what Chestnaught looks like when I first saw it, it's name and the colours and slight appearance of Buzz Lightyear was too much for me, it also looked hardly anything like Chespin. But now I've grown a bit of a fondness for it, I especially LOVE its shiny form!

I always give the starters a chance, and I went with Fennekin and I am sick to death of it being bashed. Like, ONE MORE FRICKING TIME! Anyway.
    I do not like Greninja for one reason, how overrated it is. Heck, I can defeat some people using a Protean one with a DELPHOX (YEAH BEAT THAT!)
    But I would like to like Greninja, but I just can't face it. I swear more people like it then people like Charizard! (Correct me if I am wrong but I feel Squirtle actually has more love then Charizard, it's just noisy kids who make things out to be more popular)
    I am a little disappointed with Delphox's move pool, but I've worked it out and mine is very good, has pulled me out of tough spots.

But I do believe in giving every starter a chance, I hated Emboar for quite a while, but then finally used it and kinda liked it... it's now on par with the rest of them. I also think whoever write POTW is a huge Chespin fan (not that there's anything wrong with that! Chespin's quite cute) because of how they describe Greninja and Chestnaught.
    Has left Serebii forums.

No, you're right, most people love Squirtle and I give them major side-eye and hair flip because Charmander is the best starter.

With these starters, I think their best assets are their HA and shiny forms IMHO. Other than that, I didn't care for them other than completion purposes. I didn't even bond with my own starter (which was Delphox), I bonded more with my Talonflame!

Quote Originally Posted by PinkiePieFox View Post
    But I would like to like Greninja, but I just can't face it. I swear more people like it then people like Charizard! (Correct me if I am wrong but I feel Squirtle actually has more love then Charizard, it's just noisy kids who make things out to be more popular.
    Charizard regularly tops popularity polls, or at the very least beats out his compainions (ex. Placing high in the Japanese 15th anniversary poll while both Blastoise and Venusaur placed at the bottom). Even ignoring that, it's been pushed far more then either of the two recently in merchandise, the games and the anime.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 13th January 2014 at 11:56 PM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

grass starters have always been my first choice. bulbasaur was my first pokemon and i still have fond memories of sleep powdering my way through red version. mudkip was the only water starter i've ever gone with. treecko just didn't do it for me. i was tempted to pick froakie this gen (the hype and all) but when it came time to pick i went with chespin. i've been living in the dark ages with no net connection for the passed couple years and hadn't had the opportunity to check out the evolutions of the starters and i have to say i was a bit dismayed when chespin evolved into quilladin. but, long story short, i've enjoyed my chesnaught in game and look forward to getting a HA chesnaught so i can start competing in some UU matches. from what i've seen he should be a fun tank (leech seed, spiky shield, hammer arm/wood hammer, spikes)
    FC: 0318-8455-3309
    Safari Pokemon: Normal - Aipom , Kecleon , Eevee

My favorite starter is Froakie :3

Current Status: Mobile™
    When I battle I play as Kris!
    Name: Alexis | FC: 3969-5554-2965

I am playing through Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness yay :]
    ~*My Trade Shop: Downloaded Wifi Mystery Gift Halloween Pumkaboo!*~

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Demon View Post
    ...What does Delphox say?

Seriously though, I don't understand why people are saying Chesnaught is ugly? It is far more impressive looking than Emboar and Serperior: Emboar especially! Gamefreak really messed up with Emboar the most. Heck, I'd go as far as to say that Emboar is nobody's favourite starter out of all the starters. All in all, Gamefreak did a fantastic job with this batch of starters. A little hard to get used to at first but they grew on me especially quick!
    lol how about no it may be just my opinion but Emboar is a really cool-looking pokčmon and my favorite of the gen 5 starters. And Serperior is simply the most beautiful grass pokemon ever created. Seriously, he's the Milotic of grass.

I do like Chesnaught now, but I had to struggle for liking it. Honestly the first time a screenshot of him was leaked (before the official artworks), I almost felt sick when I first saw him. From the game model he looked like a mix of a mummy, Dr. Robotnick and an earless bugs bunny.
    But then sugimori's artwork came out and I had to admit he looked a lot cooler in that. So I went through some fanarts and eventually came to the conclusion that he is a pretty cool pokemon.

I still think he looks just terrible in-game though. Seriously, they need to fix that 3d model, especially the face, because it looks way too stupid and it's sad that it makes such a cool pokemon look so bad. Also his shiny form is garbage.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Demon View Post
    ...What does Delphox say?

Seriously though, I don't understand why people are saying Chesnaught is ugly? It is far more impressive looking than Emboar and Serperior: Emboar especially! Gamefreak really messed up with Emboar the most. Heck, I'd go as far as to say that Emboar is nobody's favourite starter out of all the starters. All in all, Gamefreak did a fantastic job with this batch of starters. A little hard to get used to at first but they grew on me especially quick!
    ...While I can see where you're coming from with Emboar (mind you now that I've used one for myself, I adore it... do I actually dislike any starters? what blasphemy is this) I don't understand Serperior? It's very elegant looking, so it's odd to see someone say it doesn't impress them. On the former, I'm sure there are people who love it more than Serperior or Samurott, too. People have different tastes.

As for Chesnaught, it seems to be the least-favourite starter this time around which makes me rather sad. Yes, Delphox gets plenty of hate, but the poll alone should give you a good idea of the general consensus on it. At least it seems to be doing relatively well competitively from what little I've heard?

And while I like Greninja, both for its design and there finally being a Dark-type starter, it's easily my least favourite out of the three this time.

Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

GOOMY.
    I don't like any of the starters, piplup ftw

The only starter I like is greninja. Especially shiny greninja.

I was looking towards fennekin but then I saw what it evolved into and I was like.. sad and disgusted.
    Weird big hairs coming out of its ears... stands on two legs... looks like its wearing. A dress like a human.

Yeah thanks for ruining the first fox starter.

Chespin and its evolutions are decent. I chose him as my starter. He's okay.

X Friend Code: 3110-5774-434 Panda

I started over on my pokemom x game, and I ran into a shiny azurill when I got to the first city with a pokemon center. How lucky was that. But it sucked cause I caught it in a great ball. Had no choice.

Froakie definitely wins this one due to it's Protean ability. But, I chose Fennekin. It's real nice to have something non fire/fighting for a change. I also chose it cause it goes best with my in-game team. But, from a competitive viewpoint, Froakie appeals to me more.

Favourite starter is Froakie, as Water is one of my favourite types and I like the design of its final evolution the most out of the three starters. Fennekin comes a close second in providing a change from having three Fire/Fighting final evolutions in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    With a low Sp. Def, one 4x weakness and FIVE other weaknesses, no, it's not doing well competitively.
    *points to Breloom* Actually, had Greninja not gotten Protean, Chesnaught would have been the most Competetively viable of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    *points to Breloom* Actually, had Greninja not gotten Protean, Chesnaught would have been the most Competetively viable of the three.
    Breloom is completely different than Chesnaught.

FYI I've never yet fought against a Chesnaught on the competitive scene, while I did see some Delphoxes.

FYI I've never yet fought against a Chesnaught on the competitive scene, while I did see some Delphoxes.
    I know, the reason I pointed it out is because it shares its Typing.

Simply because you haven't seen one doesn't mean it isn't viable. (Although I do think Specially Defensive Delphox is better)

When people started streaming or uploading wifi battles online all I saw was Chesnaught and Greninja of the Kalos starters. There were hardly any Delphox compared to the other two.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Doesn't mean they don't exist at all. I just went up against a Trick Room variant Chestnaught with invested Defense/Attack not too long ago.

I've only seen Delphox maybe 1-3 times; didn't get to see what they did since I would KO them with Waterfall or Earthquake.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Actually, had Greninja not gotten Protean, Chesnaught would have been the most Competetively viable of the three.
    That'd be a little like being the tallest dwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    When people started streaming or uploading wifi battles online all I saw was Chesnaught and Greninja of the Kalos starters. There were hardly any Delphox compared to the other two.
    I honestly haven't seen that many Chesnaught either, though I agree they're far more common than Delphox (Going to be honest, I'm absolutely tired of seeing Greninja everywhere....). But that's just me.

I personally think Chesnaught (though viable in OU) and Delphox will shine more in the lower tiers when they come into play where they have more of a chance (Maybe, I don't know...)

I have a feeling Chesnaught might be RU, but it'll definitely still be viable in UU and OU (kinda like Whimsicott). Delphox suffers from bad stat distribution and heavily limited movepool. Why give it a great supporting moves if it's not a good defensively Pokemon? It will likely be RU or NU. Let's face it, Greninja is only OU because of it's hidden ability... If it were anything else, people wouldn't waste their time on it competitively, that speed is worthless when you have paper thin defenses and poor kill power without STAB.

Even with all that said, I like this group of starters due to the tip of the cap to old school RPG classes
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Hey everyone, Im new to this whole site, Ive been looking for someone who would be nice enough to trade me a Treecko! I can trade back a totadile or snivy if interested! My friend code is 0533 - 5364 - 2314 Thanks again guys!

Quote Originally Posted by toniantal View Post
    Hey everyone, Im new to this whole site, Ive been looking for someone who would be nice enough to trade me a Treecko! I can trade back a totadile or snivy if interested! My friend code is 0533 - 5364 - 2314 Thanks again guys!
    Go here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ovyle-Sceptile

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I have a feeling Chesnaught might be RU, but it'll definitely still be viable in UU and OU (kinda like Whimsicott). Delphox suffers from bad stat distribution and heavily limited movepool. Why give it a great supporting moves if it's not a good defensively Pokemon? It will likely be RU or NU. Let's face it, Greninja is only OU because of it's hidden ability... If it were anything else, people wouldn't waste their time on it competitively, that speed is worthless when you have paper thin defenses and poor kill power without STAB.

Even with all that said, I like this group of starters due to the tip of the cap to old school RPG classes
    Greninja has quite impressive movepool too, he can learn U-turn, Extrasensory, Shadow Sneak and the unique Water Shuriken. Offensively he is a bit stronger and faster than Starmie. And Starmie is faster than Latios and the Unova Flying legends. Starmie got into OU without Protean. However I prefer Starmie for myself because it can lean electric attacks.

Delphox's movepool is just illogical :/

Delphox is the only last evolution of the starters I think looks decent, imo ofc.
    Friend Codes -

Pokemon X - 0834-2428-7190 - Name: Sage
    Safari - Panpour, Frogadier & Wartortle.

Pokemon Pearl ~ 2323 0057 2065 - Name: Three

Can you get a hidden ability thru soft resetting at the beginning ?
    1 million thanks to Varanus for this Shiny Card.

0963-1007-3370 Y Fc

Quote Originally Posted by 3fiddy View Post
    Can you get a hidden ability thru soft resetting at the beginning ?
    No you cannot, they have their normal abilities.

The only way to use their HA's is through getting one from a trade or waiting until post game and have a Friend Safari containing a Quilladin, Braixen or Frogadier.

Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast