View Poll Results: Who is your favorite starter?

Voters
1152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grass-type, Chespin

246 21.35%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

327 28.39%
  • Water-type, Froakie

480 41.67%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

99 8.59%
Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1421

Thread: Starters Discussion Thread v2

Quote Originally Posted by Dragalge View Post
    No you cannot, they have their normal abilities.

The only way to use their HA's is through getting one from a trade or waiting until post game and have a Friend Safari containing a Quilladin, Braixen or Frogadier.
    Awesome. Thanks man. I hope they are Blue Suede shoes
    1 million thanks to Varanus for this Shiny Card.

0963-1007-3370 Y Fc

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Delphox is the only last evolution of the starters I think looks decent, imo ofc.
    It does look decent but I expected a little bit more from its design... I had really high hopes for it.

I thought chesnaught is the best looking one by far especially after doing my second run with chespin. and its since become my favorite kalos starter which breaks the long 5 generation of favoring the water starters. I was so happy to find out that froakie would be the first fast offensive water starter but i have to say greninja's design is hideous and it never grew on me after all these months whereas other designs have such as noibat and noivern. That tongue on greninja really ruins its design because otherwise I think it would have been the best looking starter. I have to go as far as to even say I thunk delphox is better looking. Of course shiny greninja takes its design to another level but those dont really count as theyre not the ones that mostly everybody starts with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    It does look decent but I expected a little bit more from its design... I had really high hopes for it.
    I had high hopes for all of them before their reveal and was disappointed with all of them initially. Over time, they all grew on me and now I think the Kalos starter set is one of best we've had yet IMO. I really started to appreciate the RPG theme they had going for them and I really think the designs reflect that rather well.

Ironically enough, Delphox is actually my favourite of three (Not afraid to admit it!) while Greninja is my least favourite (I don't hate it, but I'm not a fanboy/girl of this thing like pretty much everyone else is. It's likable, though)

Quote Originally Posted by CRVEmaster View Post
    Ironically enough, Delphox is actually my favourite of three (Not afraid to admit it!) while Greninja is my least favourite (I don't hate it, but I'm not a fanboy/girl of this thing like pretty much everyone else is. It's likable, though)
    Yeah, that's exactly how I feel about them.

Delphox > Chesnaught > Greninja

At least for now.

Greninjas the only one I like :/
    They made delphox stand up and wear a weird dress. They couldve made it look way better.
    Chesnaught is okay but the shell on its back.. is it a turtle?

X Friend Code: 3110-5774-434 Panda

I started over on my pokemom x game, and I ran into a shiny azurill when I got to the first city with a pokemon center. How lucky was that. But it sucked cause I caught it in a great ball. Had no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerolyte View Post
    Greninjas the only one I like :/
    They made delphox stand up and wear a weird dress. They couldve made it look way better.
    Pretty much my thoughts as well. Greninja was by far my favorite. Quite ironic that when the starters were first revealed Fennekin was by far the most popular of the starters and Froakie the least popular, then the roles were completely reversed with the final evos.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts as well. Greninja was by far my favorite. Quite ironic that when the starters were first revealed Fennekin was by far the most popular of the starters and Froakie the least popular, then the roles were completely reversed with the final evos.
    Not completely otherwise Fennekin would be the one with the few votes but you're right about the ninja.

Delphox is amazing, and chestnaught is okay, going to use gredninja this play through, it starts to grow on me.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

For me, Delphox is my favourite, with Greninja coming in close behind, but Chesnaught... It's not what I was hoping for with Chespin's final Evo. To me, it's design isn't the best by far.

Uhh... anyone forget about this guys hidden ability and his shiny forme?

658.png

Quote Originally Posted by PKMaster2 View Post
    Uhh... anyone forget about this guys hidden ability and his shiny forme?

658.png
    That Shiny is by far the worst.

Anyway, I prefer the Fennekin line with Chespin and Froakie then tied, because I prefer Frogadier over Quilladin, Chesnaught over Greninja, and I don't care with Froakie/Chespin.

Ugh Greninja users are usually predictable, and a lot of people have them so it's easy to counter.
    Despite my favourite being Delphox because it looks rather majestic and cute on Amie and being a fluffy fire fox I do quite like shiny Chestnaught. When I first saw Chestnaught I didn't like it because it looks like Buzz Lightyear and the name was very close (Chestnaught sounds like astronaut) but the shiny form looks so cool! And if that was it's normal form I probably would have liked it more, but I feel sorry for it having a 4x weakness to Flying which is a widely used type and move. But I don't hate any of the starters, just beginning to get fed up of everyone thinking Greninja is the best for being a ninja (Toxicroak guys!)

But Delphox does have fairly bad movepools and HA, but is still useful. Chestnaught has an awesome ability however.
    Has left Serebii forums.

I love Delphox. I feel like it has become fashionable to hate on her. My least favorite of the three is Chesnaught, just because of Quilladin. The coolest of the designs is Braixen ( as you might be able to tell from my avy) and Frogadier. I saw some awesome fan art before the games came out that really set my hopes high, but the final forms weren't up to what I had hoped for, especially after two gens of awesome starters.
    Greninja's shiny form is so beast, but I can't get over the fact that it has its tongue wrapped around its neck.

I really used to dislike Delphox and its evolutions, but somehow they grew on me, now the only starter evo I don't like much is Quilladin :/
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Greninja is really boring IMO, maybe it is because I used him a lot. But, Delphox is now my favorite. His design has easily become one of my favorites. I just wish there were male/female forms, but oh well. Delphox is pretty powerful, too.
    Alpha Sapphire

Badges: 0

Chestnaught is by far my favorite, but I don't hate any of the final starters designs, I'm over that initial spell of "WHAAAAT?!" XD lol

I don't know, according to Chestnaught's pokedex, it claims that it is more of a protector of those it cares about, which I thought was really cool. Maybe it's just me who finds that cool, but yeah. As for Delphox, its mainly the ear hair that turned me away the last time, but I don't care much about it now.

Greninja...I don't like it's shiny form. I think my least favorite part about the frog is the sheer amount of fanboys/girls it gets. "Oh it's a ninja! It's automatically the best thing EVAR!" Yes, it's a ninja, it has an AMAZING HA and it's in battle a lot (competitively), but that doesn't mean that I really like it.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

I like all the Kalos starters. Delphox is my favorite because wizards/witches are better than ninjas, IMO. :P

Speaking of Ninjas, I didn't care for Greninja at first, because I don't like it's tongue scarf. After using one with Protean, it's actually pretty good, and now I don't mind it as much.

Dat tongue scarf tho. >>
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 17th February 2014 at 4:05 PM.

I like fennekin. I think it is cute. I don't like its evolutions though. I like Froakies evolutions and I think that shiny Greninja just looks awesome!

RIP Pidgeot. <3 I will always remember you. <3

My eggs! Click on them for a close up view!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Delphox is the only last evolution of the starters I think looks decent, imo ofc.
    I don't really like Delphox, Greninja line is the only good one for this region.
    My teams:
    Platinum:

SoulSilver:

Black:

White2:

X: (SHINY),

Who cares about the future, it's always now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post

Greninja...I don't like it's shiny form. I think my least favorite part about the frog is the sheer amount of fanboys/girls it gets. "Oh it's a ninja! It's automatically the best thing EVAR!" Yes, it's a ninja, it has an AMAZING HA and it's in battle a lot (competitively), but that doesn't mean that I really like it.
    You have no idea how much I agree with this. I swear, Greninja is pretty much Charizard 2.0 at this point because it's fanbase likes to shove it down your throat at every opportunity they get, and I'm personally sick of it. Just because it's a ninja doesn't automatically mean it's the best thing ever ( I honestly don't understand why so many people are obsessed with ninjas.). And just because it's a good Pokémon, doesn't mean people have to like it (I personally don't mind it, but it is still my least favourite Kalos starter). I'm even tired of seeing almost every single person use this thing in Wi-Fi battles, it's not the only good Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeness149 View Post
    Greninja line is the only good one for this region.
    Not gonna lie, this annoys me a bit, mostly because if anyone dares say they like they Chespin or Fennekin line more than Greninja, it's fanboys/girls will attack them with comments like this, because according to them, disliking Greninja is not allowed. It's a sad reality really. I wish people were more understanding of other people's opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerolyte View Post
    Chesnaught seems to be based on a hedgehog combined with a matured chestnut. It may also draw inspiration from "armored" mammals such as pangolins, armadillos, and glyptodonts. Its bulky "armor" is possibly a reference to split apart calybium and cupule, which are parts that protect the nuts of chestnut trees which split apart when sufficiently ripened. It is also based on knights and various types of body armor, including brigandines and barbutes.

Source: Bulbapedia

Not gonna lie, this annoys me a bit, mostly because if anyone dares say they like they Chespin or Fennekin line more than Greninja, it's fanboys/girls will attack them with comments like this, because according to them, disliking Greninja is not allowed. It's a sad reality really. I wish people were more understanding of other people's opinions.
    I can't say I completely disagree when it comes to some fans like that, but I do think you're taking his (hers?) comment a bit too personally here. I don't think his intent was to belittle Zeb, he was just saying that he felt differently on the matter. It wasn't an attack, just something differing to what was said previously.

Anyway, enough about fanbases, personally I like all three starters. The forms carry the thematic that was intended well, the Pokémon are pretty unique in design and quite appealing to me.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

I personally like all the starters of the 6th gen myself. Each one is unique and serves a different purpose. Granted, there is nothing groundbreaking about any of them (as most starters are), but their stats are certainly enough to get you through the game.

You have no idea how much I agree with this. I swear, Greninja is pretty much Charizard 2.0 at this point because it's fanbase likes to shove it down your throat at every opportunity they get, and I'm personally sick of it. Just because it's a ninja doesn't automatically mean it's the best thing ever ( I honestly don't understand why so many people are obsessed with ninjas.). And just because it's a good Pokémon, doesn't mean people have to like it (I personally don't mind it, but it is still my least favourite Kalos starter). I'm even tired of seeing almost every single person use this thing in Wi-Fi battles, it's not the only good Pokémon.

A rule to always remember while on the internet: Fanbases are likely to be insane about any given subject, especially when it comes to what they like. I just ignore it and try not to think about it too much; people like what they like and if they wan to get all worked up about it, well...

I used to use Greninja fairly often at first before I built my first couple of serious teams, but I really haven't trained a Froakie in a while. I was doing a breeding project for a Shiny HA Chespin for a bit, but I got distracted. XD
    The only one I haven't had a chance to use yet on a play-through is Fennekin which will be happening soon enough on my Y version. I actually had quite a bit of fun with Froakie and Chespin. c:

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbobo View Post
    I personally like all the starters of the 6th gen myself. Each one is unique and serves a different purpose. Granted, there is nothing groundbreaking about any of them (as most starters are), but their stats are certainly enough to get you through the game.
    Something else that's helpful (at least with Froakie and Chespin evos) is that they actually learn some extremely useful TMs.
    Last edited by Rio!; 18th February 2014 at 5:24 AM.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 LastLast