View Poll Results: Who is your favorite starter?

Voters
1152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grass-type, Chespin

246 21.35%
  • Fire-type, Fennekin

327 28.39%
  • Water-type, Froakie

480 41.67%
  • None of the above. GOOMY!

99 8.59%
Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Starters Discussion Thread v2

Quote Originally Posted by RNG_Reporter View Post
    Love how people keep saying "her" and "she" when referring to Delphox.

Honestly. Their second abilities are great. Too bad they can't start with them.
    We only know of one correct?
    I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

Froakie for me.

Did anyone's opinion of Delphox change when you saw the official art.

Because I saw the official art and I love Delphox even more.

And I do like Greninja a lot more as well. However.....I still don't think it should've had a tongue scarf, it should've been made out of bubbles.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Did anyone's opinion of Delphox change when you saw the official art.

Because I saw the official art and I love Delphox even more.

And I do like Greninja a lot more as well. However.....I still don't think it should've had a tongue scarf, it should've been made out of bubbles.
    The official artwork really made me even more fond of Delphox (Best fire starter since Blazekin for sure)... But Chesnaught is still my dude.
    Hoenn Squad

There'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    It prevents all kinds of indirect damage, so yes. The only indirect damage it takes is from self-inflicted damage, like Belly Drum or Confusion.
    Epic trolling would happenplus her bulk is far better than Alakazam even if she's slower... if Delphox did get Magic Guard I certainly see her going OU

*Looks at new poll* Can't believe Fennekin is stuck in second place, almost tied with Chespin while Froakie is far ahead. Oh the shame. Just when I was starting to like Froakie too. I think I'm warming up to Chespin's line since its final form looks so awesome. I might change my entire X version team to work around that (I wasn't planning on having a Grass-type beforehand so this changes everything).

so that thing is indeed greninja's tongue? we can't even see it's mouth so it's hard for me to wrap my mind around that. but regardless, I love the frog and I will be using it in my Y version and chesnaught in my X version. delphox honestly just does not grab my attention at all. i don't dislike it but I also don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

To my fellow Froakanites and to all who want to know, I have acquired a copy of POkemon Y and will be updating with info that other places may not have covered(Pariculary the froakie line dex entries).
    3ds FC: 4124-5399-8900

Froakie Master Race!!

Quote Originally Posted by TRG View Post
    The official artwork really made me even more fond of Delphox (Best fire starter since Blazekin for sure)... But Chesnaught is still my dude.
    What's its official artwork? (Thanks in advance!)

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    so that thing is indeed greninja's tongue? we can't even see it's mouth so it's hard for me to wrap my mind around that..
    Even if it wasn't Greninja's tongue, it's still way out of place for its design.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilligantastic View Post
    What's its official artwork? (Thanks in advance!)

Hoenn Squad

I'm definitely getting Chespin on Pokémon X because, once I transfer my pokémon from Black 2 via pokémon bank, I'll have a triad of mammalian starters
    1. Samurott
    2. Typhlosion
    3. Chesnaught

I'll also try to get Froakie as an additional starter so I can have an additional triad of Water starters at different evolutionary stages:
    1. Samurott
    2. Frogadier
    3. Totodile
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Ironically enough, Delphox's artwork makes it look even worse in my opinion. Now I'm fully convinced that I won't use one. Chesnaught looks even more cool though, if that's even possible. I really like how Chespin went from being cute, to silly-looking, and straight to being awesome after evolving. I love it when Pokemon surprise me like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TRG View Post

Thank you! Wow they all look great! Especially Delphox.

To be honest I have always liked the Fennekin line since it first came out and I still don't get why some people in regards to all the final evolution are in denial about them being real with just under two days to go ( not here but else where on the web I mean such as YouTube).
    Just started a lets play of Pokemon X. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHfKOvGgEIc Prepare to watch the fail xD.

Pokemon so far:
    Fennekin
    Zigzagoon
    Fletchinder
    Dunsparce
    Torchic (in the pc)

Got my first badge and accidentally caused a shiny bidoof to faint.

Even if it wasn't Greninja's tongue, it's still way out of place for its design.
    I agree but I like it's design a lot besides the tongue so I'm not going to let that change my opinion about it.
    something that will make me feel better about its tongue always being there is if frogadier is shown to at least occasionally show it's tongue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

I jut wanna say, for the record, Delphox is wearing a robe not a dress. Thus, it is unisex.
    Everyone needs a little less signature in their lives

Wow, Fennekin's catching up! Poor Chespin's still unloved though...

I agree but I like it's design a lot besides the tongue so I'm not going to let that change my opinion about it.
    something that will make me feel better about its tongue always being there is if frogadier is shown to at least occasionally show it's tongue.
    Oh no, I agree, Greninja's official artwork, really edged out my dislike for it being Froakie's final evolution and I'm more than okay with it (I'll definitely be getting it as my starter on X, while Delphox will be my Y starter). I just think the tongue just looks so out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by SergantGold View Post
    I jut wanna say, for the record, Delphox is wearing a robe not a dress. Thus, it is unisex.
    It still looks sort of feminine though, but I wouldn't have a problem if it at least looked dynamic in the games like it does in its official artwork. It seems too triangular in the games and maybe that's just because of the graphics or whatever, but it's a problem imo. Greninja and Chesnaught look great though. It's like Gamefreak paid more attention into designing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    It still looks sort of feminine though, but I wouldn't have a problem if it at least looked dynamic in the games like it does in its official artwork. It seems too triangular in the games and maybe that's just because of the graphics or whatever, but it's a problem imo. Greninja and Chesnaught look great though. It's like Gamefreak paid more attention into designing them.
    Good, it's aout time we got more of a feminine starter. I personally that Meganium was the last one fitting this category. So it's nice of Game Freak to promote girl power a bit

While I do agree with you, I admit that seeing the official artwork has really caused me to like Greninja even more. I may even reconsider not evolving my Frogadier after seeing it
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

January 8: Fennekin>Froakie>Chespin.
    October 10: Fennekin=Froakie>Chespin. I like all three a lot but Chesnaught just a little less.
    My pokémon x (first playthrough) team as of now(unevolved):
    1.Fennekin(named Trixie)
    Ralts(if male: Dusk shine; if female: Twilight Sparkle. Will transfer from White 2)
    Squirtle(Name undecided. Will be boxed until first runthrough is over)
    2. Amara((Name undecided)
    3. Goomy(Named: Lord Smooze/The Smooze)
    4. Swirlix(Name: Pinkie Pie)
    5. Froakie(through trade. Name: Dororo)
    6. Mareep(Name: Amphabulous)

I love all of all three starter lines but i love the Fennekin line the best

Right I've made my mind u; I'm going the Froakie. I've seen it in battle and it looks pretty awesome using Surf. 8D
    I remember someone mentioning earlier that choosing Fennekin gets you Chespin at the end; Does choosing Froakie get you Fennekin?
    If so that is just one more reason to take that route. Can't wait 'til Saturday now!

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Right I've made my mind u; I'm going the Froakie. I've seen it in battle and it looks pretty awesome using Surf. 8D
    I remember someone mentioning earlier that choosing Fennekin gets you Chespin at the end; Does choosing Froakie get you Fennekin?
    If so that is just one more reason to take that route. Can't wait 'til Saturday now!
    yes u will get fennekin later on if you choose froakie. Thats why i change my mind and going with froakie first!
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

I am unsure which one to pick. When i play rpgs i love playing the magic weilder and am not good with using rogue/ninja/thief characters. Psychic is also my favorite type. However, i love the fact that i totally called froakie's final evo being waterdark and being a ninja when it was supposedly water/fighting grass/dark or the current typings and most thought water fighting. Because Frokie becomes a water dark ninja, i want one and call it Dororo. So my dilemma is: do i choose the one i will be better with and whose typing i like better, or the one who will have the cooler nickname?
    My pokémon x (first playthrough) team as of now(unevolved):
    1.Fennekin(named Trixie)
    Ralts(if male: Dusk shine; if female: Twilight Sparkle. Will transfer from White 2)
    Squirtle(Name undecided. Will be boxed until first runthrough is over)
    2. Amara((Name undecided)
    3. Goomy(Named: Lord Smooze/The Smooze)
    4. Swirlix(Name: Pinkie Pie)
    5. Froakie(through trade. Name: Dororo)
    6. Mareep(Name: Amphabulous)

I love all of all three starter lines but i love the Fennekin line the best

Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast