Page 4 of 107 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    You'd kind of have to grow up with the first generation to get the full understanding of legendaries and their rarity.

What are you talking about? I grew up with the first and second gen and the third and fourth gen had legendaries FAR more legendary than the three legendary birds. Second gen had awesome legends and are my favorites though

You're just wearing your nostalgia goggles and not admitting it.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

I am little bit disappointed that there was not a new legendary trio this time around.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    I like the idea that was mentioned on the earlier Legendary board;

Articuno- Snow Warning
    Moltres- Drought
    Zapdos- Drizzle

Speaking of, I never understood why it is Zapdos is the only one of the trio not to get Hurricane, lul.
    Actually, there's a new Electric weather condition that Zapdos would probably get...
    font size one

So there's only three Legendary Pokemon? The XYZ trio? There probably will be some event Pokemon, but I have mixed feelings about the Legendary Pokemon. On one hand I kinda like the small number of Legendary Pokemon in Kalos, at least that we know of. On the other hand I really loved the challenge of hunting down legendary Pokemon. It was my favorite thing to do in post-game of Platinum along with all the rematches and Battle Zone. So I don't know where I stand on it. I think we should wait more. There will probably be more legends once we get the games and explore ourselves. Either way I'm good.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Monek_OP View Post
    Actually, there's a new Electric weather condition that Zapdos would probably get...
    Ooh I had forgotten all about that. :B

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    There will probably be more legends once we get the games and explore ourselves.
    The National Dex from 650 (Chespin) to 718 (Zygarde) is completely accounted for, so there's nothing hiding there. And of the portions of the National Dex respective to the previous five regions, there's only one Legendary Pokémon that follows the third titular Legendary (Cresselia after Giratina) that isn't an event Pokémon.

The rapid-fire, slap-dash nature of coverage up to this point makes some of a case for there being material yet to be uncovered, but right now it doesn't appear there are any Legendaries to which we are not privy that are not event Pokémon.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

The definition of legendary pokemon is, and has been, "a pokemon of which there is only one per game (barring external means like trading and/or events), has higher base stats than other pokemon and has a low catch rate." That's the only standard I can think of that has been applicable throughout all generations. And I think the point made earlier, about having to have played from the early gens to understand, is more to do with how less connected one was.

Now with the possibility of global trading, and easy to manipulate cloning, it's easy for one to amass a large collection of legendary pokemon. Also, as many legendaries are barred from multiplayer play, most of them are just trophies now. But back in the older days of link trading, I (and my pokemon playing friends) jealously hoarded our Mewtwos and Birds, and eventually our Lugias, Ho-Ohs and Beasts. If someone bungled catching one of them, it would take a lot of negotiation to get us to agree to a trade.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

When I first saw Zygarde, I was like 'Whut?'. My 3DS wouldn't display the image on Serebii, so I found it somewhere else and thought it was fake- it kind of makes me think of something from Scooby-Doo. However, after some time's past, I've gotten more used to it and think it's kind of neat.

I read somewhere that the XYZ trio are apparently based on norse mythology, wherein a deer, eagle, snake and squirel live in a large tree. Perhaps the squirel will be a cutesy event pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon2112 View Post
    im really disappointed that we didn't get a fairy trio or something! kinda sucks... but if older trio pkmn are getting mega forms then i'll be happy ^_^
    Ha, I didn't even notice there wasn't a minor trio when I first looked, but know that you mention it that is weird, and a fairy trio would've seemed likely before today. Although...I can think of an older trio that I could absolutely see being turned fairy/psychic.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The National Dex from 650 (Chespin) to 718 (Zygarde) is completely accounted for, so there's nothing hiding there. And of the portions of the National Dex respective to the previous five regions, there's only one Legendary Pokémon that follows the third titular Legendary (Cresselia after Giratina) that isn't an event Pokémon.

The rapid-fire, slap-dash nature of coverage up to this point makes some of a case for there being material yet to be uncovered, but right now it doesn't appear there are any Legendaries to which we are not privy that are not event Pokémon.
    Really? I didn't know that. It's strange there's no trio Legends. Unless XYZ are the new legendary trio.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Really? I didn't know that. It's strange there's no trio Legends. Unless XYZ are the new legendary trio.
    The Legendary Birds/titans/mirages/whatevers are the "Trio" of this gen. They act as they did in Platinum and roam around randomly.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

Their stats and game boxart disagree. I, for one, like the lack of a trio: it puts into perspective the rarity of the Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde. (and possible squirle-thing). Plus its less to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    The Legendary Birds/titans/mirages/whatevers are the "Trio" of this gen. They act as they did in Platinum and roam around randomly.
    Remember, though: Platinum also had the pixies. And the birds aren't really the trio of this gen as much as a trio appearing in this gen, like they did in every other generation except 5.
    font size one

I hadn't even thought about there being no legendary trio :| Now that I think about it, I'm kinda sad This game has so much new content though. I think the content will make up for everything.
    3DS FC-2380-2345-7695

This may be of interest to some people - this video reveals Zygarde's other Pokédex entry:

When the Kalos region's ecosystem falls into disarray, it appears and reveals its secret power.
    Perhaps this is foreshadowing for an alternate forme, and maybe even the plot of the next games to a degree.
    Last edited by Endolise; 11th October 2013 at 4:32 AM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    This may be of interest to some - this video reveals Zygarde's other Pokédex entry:

Perhaps this is foreshadowing for an alternate forme, and maybe even the plot of the next games, to a degree.
    Probably. I'm already excited for the future. 8D

If I didn't know what Zygarde looked like, I would have thought he was a funny, lit-up cave tree. XD

Really curious on what the new events are. Maybe some are just Megas for old Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    This may be of interest to some people - this video reveals Zygarde's other Pokédex entry: Perhaps this is foreshadowing for an alternate forme, and maybe even the plot of the next games to a degree.
    Although the idea of alternate formes of Zygarde would be cool, I'm afraid this could lead to Pokemon ZY and ZX or something, like Kyruem to Zekrom or Reshiram. The idea would be relatively simple, and a lot like the plot of Black 2 and White 2. Team Flare steal a legendary (in this case Yveltal or Xerneas, depending on the version), and screw with the environment to attract Zygarde, who they then use its powers to be the opposite of what kind of Pokemon is trapped by Flare. Zygarde then changes forme. I can't say I'm against sequels, a new storyline + gyms? Great! But still. It would be nice to get a battle frontier...
    Last edited by Monek_OP; 11th October 2013 at 5:08 AM.
    font size one

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    I read somewhere that the XYZ trio are apparently based on norse mythology, wherein a deer, eagle, snake and squirel live in a large tree. Perhaps the squirel will be a cutesy event pokemon.
    Well in that case, Mewtwo resembles an overgrown Squirrel, so it all makes sense!

"The circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant.
    It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    ~Mewtwo
    [3DS Friend Code : 2621 - 4042 - 6532]

Quote Originally Posted by DANB0 View Post
    Well in that case, Mewtwo resembles an overgrown Squirrel, so it all makes sense!
    Mewtwo. . .
    A squirrel?
    But, the squirrel is a messenger. Something Mewtwo is not.
    As far as we can see.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

As far as legendaries go, I'm pretty satisfied with what we have. I'm sure we will find some hidden in x/y later on, as we did with diamond/pearl and darkrai etc.
    I only hope to see that as we continue to find more megas, we find more mega legends!
    Mega mewtwo is cool but.....mega mew? Mega articuno...Mega Ho-oh . god help you if mega raquaza rages *cough* mega arceus*hax*
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/oirhjp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by JP Sonic View Post
    As far as legendaries go, I'm pretty satisfied with what we have. I'm sure we will find some hidden in x/y later on, as we did with diamond/pearl and darkrai etc.
    I only hope to see that as we continue to find more megas, we find more mega legends!
    Mega mewtwo is cool but.....mega mew? Mega articuno...Mega Ho-oh . god help you if mega raquaza rages *cough* mega arceus*hax*
    God no, no mega legendaries. I'm not fond on the megaevolutions idea, and certainly no legends.
    They have an unique appearance, and it should just stay that way.
    I do hope, now we don't have alot of legends, that they will be distributing older events too. I'm affraid alot of the upcoming events will be new mega forms however
    Shiny Trophy Collection: , , - Perfect 5IV , , , , &

Current Shiny Hunt: Y: SS Shiny
    3DS FC: eiger 2466-2804-0760 with
    Visit Bkdevils Shop for 5IV & Egg Moves: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-IV-Trade-Shop

I Have Claimed Carracosta!!

Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    Mewtwo. . .
    A squirrel?
    But, the squirrel is a messenger. Something Mewtwo is not.
    As far as we can see.
    In the first movie, Mewtwo sent Dragonite as its messenger.

Therefore, Dragonite is a squirrel.

Kidding. I think if we get a squirrel, it would be an event legendary.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Does any1 know what non gen 6 pokemon r available in game besides the trio birds?
    The Power of the Imagination Shall Prevail!

I started an Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire blog, please visit it

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Blog

Hey, you should check out the app I made. It's for Android devices only.
    Dodge the Blocks

Quote Originally Posted by eiger View Post
    I do hope, now we don't have alot of legends, that they will be distributing older events too. I'm affraid alot of the upcoming events will be new mega forms however

I gotta disagree. No more old event legendaries. I agree 100% with event Megas, frankly kinda seems like the only way we are ever all gonna get to see a new pokemon at the same time. But constantly recycling legendaries every generation as events takes away from it. You want a Mew? Shoulda had to win Nintendo Power back in the day or snag if from a relevant event to a movie or frlg. Thats how you do a legendary. Not let people get three of each per generation. I know it sounds kinda harsh, but if that was the case and someone pulled a Celebi on you years past any of their availability don't you think it'd be a tad more awe inspiring and legendary?

Hey sorry if this has been said but a thought came to me when I thought about all the gens and their main legendaries. They respond to the gen like
    gen 1 mewtwo
    gen 2 lugia and ho oh
    gen 3 kyoger, rayquaza, groudon (sorry bad speller)
    gen 4 diaga, palkia, giratina, giratina (alt form)
    gen 5 reshiram, zekrom, kyrem, black kyrem, white kyrem
    gen 6 xerneas, xerneas(form), yveltal, z
    so I think xyz will all have alt forms so we will have 6.

Has anybody actually seen Articuno yet? Moltres and Zapdos look great in game. I know no one knows how to catch them yet, but everyone just stopped talking about them before Articuno was discovered. If anyone knows where I could find a seen entry or a "wild articuno fled" shot, I'd love them forever.

Page 4 of 107 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast