Page 68 of 107 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2655

Thread: Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

  1. #1676
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Charizardland and Asgard
    Posts
    4,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
    Cam up with a little way to get legends, apparently it's been circulating the internet the past few days. Let me know if you've heard about / seen this.

    The Crimson Method!

    I have been getting a lot of PMs recently about how I had so many English Legendaries, and I decided that it would probably be easier if I just told everyone! Using this method, I had about 23 of the critters within 3 days. It takes patience and dedication, so don't give up!

    What You Will Need

    Phione, That's It!


    1.Breed a bunch of Phione (I had 2 Boxes)
    2.Deposit for Yveltal (Or Xerneas). If not traded in 15 minutes withdraw and deposit again.
    3.Once you have your Yveltal, deposit for Latias/Latios. They usually get traded pretty fast. Same thing, wait 25 minutes this time and if it's not traded, withdraw and deposit again.
    4.Trade your new Latias/Latios for the legendary you want.
    5.Take your desired mon (you might get lucky and get English on the first try) and trade it for a pokemon of equal value. (Ex. Lugia for Ho-Oh, Zekrom for Reshiram, Latios for Latias, Tornadus for Landorus, Heatran for Cresselia, etc.) and keep trading between these mons until you get the desired English mon.

    Hope it helps! If you've got any questions I would be happy to answer them.

    i think i'll give this a shot. just gave up a xerneas i'll never level in Y for a phione. I'll try this out tomorrow

    i got suicune and entei finally. Gave up two shiny kalos pokemon for them!
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

  2. #1677
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shining in 32 skies
    Posts
    9,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    YRE: Zygarde, I hope it gets a new forme and not just a Mega or "DNA Mix" (not that it would make much sense) for the sequel (hopefully they keep this up) or third version. It's ability alone makes it obvious it will interact with the current box legendaries.
    imma continue this thing 'cause the current thing is stupid, I'm sorry for having anything to do with the current thing, I didn't know it would become a thing

    The more I think about it, the more a Mega Zygarde or two makes sense. A Mega boost would be enough to put it at 700 BST, which would equal the BSTs of Black and White Kyurem, making it strong enough to plaster onto box art (as well as probably less hideous). It's already got connections to Mega Evolution by virtue of its connection to Xerneas and Yveltal; it's hypothesized by Sycamore that the box mascots' energy channelled through the ultimate weapon is what mutated Mega Stones into existence, and exposing the box mascots' energy to the Mega Ring is part of what allows the Mega Ring to be upgraded. Even Zygarde's body seems to be related to Mega Evolution; its tail resembles base pair codons (the so-called "rungs of the ladder" of the double helix of DNA), and if the people smarter than me over at Bulbapedia are to be believed, the patterns on its body are similar to those of ribose and deoxyribose molecules.

    There's also the implication in Zygarde's Dex entries of it being a guardian of the land; however that role ends up manifesting itself, it's got a secret power that it will reveal when it does, so something's gonna happen to it.

  3. #1678
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    the national dex completion has never requied any of the event legends
    :O Thatd literally the only reason ive never bothered with the national dex. thanks for clearing that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

  4. #1679
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    183

    Default

    A thought - not sure if it's been suggested before - but could the Lati@s mega-evolutions be the result of the Soul Dew being retconned into a mega stone?

  5. #1680
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SE asia, Phiippines.
    Posts
    698

    Default

    As for the head admin with the Metagross Avatar (the name's too hard to recall. I'm sorry), I just checked it now. I'm pretty sad that NONE of my favorite Legendaries got the fairy typing for a change. I mean, it makes me wonder Gamefreak's decision to keep their typings intact. Maybe they are good enough for them.

    For me, Victini, Celebi and Jirachi could have got that fairy typing replacing their Psychic typing. Mew, Shaymin (land forme only), and Manaphy could have gotten this Fairy typing as their secondary type. THAT would have changed them for the better for me in the competitive scene.

    But I guess I am looking too deep in WW2 history too much when I put the "War" of this game in talk.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

  6. #1681
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    62

    Default

    The popularity of xerneas and yveltal has increased. Interesting. Could be due to the successes of the phione-yveltal method I suppose?
    Last edited by naudna; 3rd January 2014 at 12:02 PM.

    FC is 4940-5550-1230

  7. #1682
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naudna View Post
    The popularity of xerneas and yveltal has increased. Interesting. Could be due to the successes of the phione-yveltal method I suppose?
    What is the Phione-Yvertal method?
    N3DS FC: 4785 - 5327 - 6216.. Please PM me with your friendcode, so I also can add you!

        Spoiler:- My Pokémon Y-team!:

    May you and your Pokémon have a great day!

    *If you need help with trade-evolving, I would be happy to help you! Just send me a PM and we can figure out something

  8. #1683
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    62

    Default

    It's quoted in the first post of this page. Haven't tried it myself, but if so many people's trying it out, it must work to a certain degree.

    FC is 4940-5550-1230

  9. #1684
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naudna View Post
    It's quoted in the first post of this page. Haven't tried it myself, but if so many people's trying it out, it must work to a certain degree.
    Thanks, haha! Now it's time to breed some Phiones!
    N3DS FC: 4785 - 5327 - 6216.. Please PM me with your friendcode, so I also can add you!

        Spoiler:- My Pokémon Y-team!:

    May you and your Pokémon have a great day!

    *If you need help with trade-evolving, I would be happy to help you! Just send me a PM and we can figure out something

  10. #1685
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    As for the head admin with the Metagross Avatar (the name's too hard to recall. I'm sorry), I just checked it now. I'm pretty sad that NONE of my favorite Legendaries got the fairy typing for a change. I mean, it makes me wonder Gamefreak's decision to keep their typings intact. Maybe they are good enough for them.

    For me, Victini, Celebi and Jirachi could have got that fairy typing replacing their Psychic typing. Mew, Shaymin (land forme only), and Manaphy could have gotten this Fairy typing as their secondary type. THAT would have changed them for the better for me in the competitive scene.

    But I guess I am looking too deep in WW2 history too much when I put the "War" of this game in talk.
    Yet why would they receive Fairy Typing in the first place?

  11. #1686
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SE asia, Phiippines.
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Yet why would they receive Fairy Typing in the first place?
    Personally, I wouldn't put it in a "just because" as to how I could say it (I may have said it wrong to your ears). With some of the pokemon that have been inspired by fairies for the last 5 generations, my personal observations was that the Psychic typing acts like a catalyst to the "fairy" terminology (think of the Lake trio of Sinnoh that are Fairy like Designed or inspired for some of us players. Maybe some of the designers in Game Freak thought of it like that too).

    But my guess for now is that for them, when it comes to legendary type pokemon, when a new typing comes, no type changes to existing that could really fit its inspired theme. EVER.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

  12. #1687
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    So wait back up a second, why do you think "Psychic" specifically refers to "Reason" and not
    you know
    psychic powers

    e: Like I'm willing to bet the logic behind even having a Psychic type stopped cold at "wooo psychic powers and probably smart things i guess!!"
    "wooo psychic powers and probably smart things i guess!!"? YOU are a mod and you shouldn't be that rude for no reason at all... Did you even read what Qeca wrote? That was not what he was saying. Emotions do impact in the opposite way logical thoughts and decisions. That's where he was going because BCVM22 had no idea how emotions aren't related to mindful actions.

  13. #1688
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't put it in a "just because" as to how I could say it (I may have said it wrong to your ears). With some of the pokemon that have been inspired by fairies for the last 5 generations, my personal observations was that the Psychic typing acts like a catalyst to the "fairy" terminology (think of the Lake trio of Sinnoh that are Fairy like Designed or inspired for some of us players. Maybe some of the designers in Game Freak thought of it like that too).

    But my guess for now is that for them, when it comes to legendary type pokemon, when a new typing comes, no type changes to existing that could really fit its inspired theme. EVER.
    I guess.

    Regarding the Lake Guardian's possible Re-Typing to Fairy, though, due to them being the embodiments of Spirit, created out of Knowledge, Emotion, and Willpower, all three of which themes are often associated both with one's mind, and Psychic Types, and the mind has also been associated with Psychic Types, as is evident by a few Pokémon and Psychic Type Traqiners, therefor to me seeming as they should remain Psychic Types, as to me, the only reason why people want them to be Fairy Types is because they are "cutesy pixies and shtuff".

    Remember Gen II, though, both Steel and Dark were introduced, and 0 Legendary Pokémon were of either of those Types, both old and new.
    Heck, it took until Gen IV to get a Dark Type Legendary, and to this day we still don't have a Poison Type Legendary (Alternate Formes discluded).

    I also don't particularly see how they are incredibly based upon Fairies, or deemed Fairy Types, so if you could just, kinda, give an explanation that would be nice.

  14. #1689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cicisisi View Post
    That's where he was going because BCVM22 had no idea how emotions aren't related to mindful actions.
    "Had no idea". Or he has plenty idea and certain people are trying to vastly overthink the matter and shoehorn in concepts that don't really have any bearing on anything, and then they have the temerity to recoil in abject shock and awe when others point that out. It's definitely one of the two.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 3rd January 2014 at 5:29 PM.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  15. #1690
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I also don't particularly see how they are incredibly based upon Fairies, or deemed Fairy Types, so if you could just, kinda, give an explanation that would be nice.
    Well there is one possible explanation:

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Most empaths are considered under the "psychic" moniker in popular culture, hence why the likes of Gardevoir are Psychic-type.

    But if you really want to argue about pixies' fairy typing, you can use literally everything else they have since they are fairies. Agnome, Em(spi)rit, U(pi)xie and the three values they represent originates from the three Imperial Regalia of Japan.
    I'm okay with them not being Fairy type, but there's definitely a tangible basis for them to have been retyped. Still, they weren't retyped, so chances are they'll continue to stay pure Psychic. No legendary was retyped anyway, so it does also make sense that they didn't do anything with just them. I know this topic has dragged on a lot longer than it probably should have, but I do like that reasoning for possible Fairy typing.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock



  16. #1691
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    "Had no idea". Or he has plenty idea and certain people are trying to vastly overthink the matter and shoehorn in concepts that don't really have any bearing on anything, and then they have the temerity to recoil in abject shock and awe when others point that out. It's definitely one of the two.
    "It's definitely one of the two."

    Why can't you accept something scientifically correct about how emotions affect our rationality? It's interesting to see how Mesprit is played here! It's not hard to understand what I meant and yet you choose to ignore it and repeat the same "it's me or him" when I was correcting you.

    Yes, because psychic powers involve telepathic capabilities which are inherent to our mind = reason =/= emotions. Mesprit improves someones thoughts by clearing its emotions. Again, why not read some Descartes? Maybe then you will understand how I'm bearing this discussion about how much sense it makes for Mesprit to be Psychic type according to my argument.

  17. #1692
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dragon Roost Island
    Posts
    5,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post

    Why can't you accept something scientifically correct about how emotions affect our rationality?
    Because it's Pokemon and the thought process of emotions = mind = Psychic type is perfectly acceptable. It's not supposed to be scientifically correct.
    AS:

  18. #1693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Again, why not read some Descartes?
    Ah, see, there's the problem. We aren't discussing Descartes. It's that simple.

    Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Maybe then you will understand how I'm bearing this discussion about how much sense it makes for Mesprit to be Psychic type according to my argument.
    That you continue to think the problem is people not understanding you shows you're missing the point by a wide margin.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  19. #1694
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default

    got 3 xerneas(1 timid lvl 100,1 naive lvl 67 and 1 brave lvl 51) and 1 yveltal(brave lvl 50) for Phiones

    so people still think phione is worth something

  20. #1695
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Slough,UK
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasbred View Post
    got 3 xerneas(1 timid lvl 100,1 naive lvl 67 and 1 brave lvl 51) and 1 yveltal(brave lvl 50) for Phiones

    so people still think phione is worth something
    I have been catching lucky egg chansey in friend safari and trading those up for Xerneas and Ybeltal usually get a trade within 15mins max.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 2320 7045 5596

    Pokemon Safari Type - Ground Wooper, Palpitoad, Marowak

  21. #1696
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Charizardland and Asgard
    Posts
    4,361

    Default

    i have failed to trade in the first 15 minutes i deposited my first phione for a yveltal so i took it out and put it back in for a xerneas. I hope this method happens to me, but if everyone is doing it, I dont think i'll have much luck.

    I managed to grab all three legendary beasts so far from my early sucesses but entei i got lucky with max ivs in some stats the other two not really
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

  22. #1697
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamizard View Post
    I managed to grab all three legendary beasts so far from my early sucesses but entei i got lucky with max ivs in some stats the other two not really

    what did you put up for trade for them ?

  23. #1698
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Charizardland and Asgard
    Posts
    4,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasbred View Post
    what did you put up for trade for them ?
    i got entei for a shiny flecthinder i didnt realize i hatched as a fletching that didnt have good ivs and for suicune another 6th gen shiny that was the wrong nature
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

  24. #1699
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    That you continue to think the problem is people not understanding you shows you're missing the point by a wide margin.
    It's not people here... It's clearly you who doesn't get what Royal_Qeca means about Mesprit's psychic type.

    You say that Emotion is related to our Mind and you failed to understand how they can be antagonists. He explained you why. You still think you are right here.

  25. #1700
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    20

    Default

    I got lucky. Someone gave me a Level 70 Terrakion for an Oshawott!!
    FC: 0447-6125-1430 || SV: 2650 ||

    I have multiple 6IV Adamant Japanese Dittos. PM me with offers.

    My Shinies!
    --Greninja-- --Phantump--

Page 68 of 107 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •