Page 98 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2655

Thread: Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Quote Originally Posted by PinkiePieFox View Post
    I was a little disappointing in the lack of story between all the legends in X and Y, well maybe not disappointed but confused. Only Yvetal/Xerneas had any story. We have little to go on for Zygarde and hardly know any reason why the kanto legendaries are there. Heck maybe even mew will have an in-game event (there hasn't been a Mew event for years, my Mew is the last one there was) and then there'd be all the Kanto legends, maybe mew's in-game event would explain why Mewtwo was there? Or was Mewtwo placed there just because of the most recent Pokemon movie? I doubt that though...
    Pokémon like Zygarde (i.e. the obvious third cover mascot) never get any backstory until their own games come out.

Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres also appeared in Sinnoh for no particular reason; I think we can assume that they just fly around. Or maybe they're just migrating.

I would imagine that Mewtwo came to the Pokémon Village because it is a haven for abused Pokémon, and Mewtwo fits that bill very well. Now, whatever caused it to ditch the Cerulean Cave and come to Kalos isn't clear, but I can see why we found it where we did.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    I would imagine that Mewtwo came to the Pokémon Village because it is a haven for abused Pokémon, and Mewtwo fits that bill very well. Now, whatever caused it to ditch the Cerulean Cave and come to Kalos isn't clear, but I can see why we found it where we did.
    If we want to go with that theory, it probably didn't enjoy being beaten twice (Red/Green, Ethan/Lyra) so it would rather go some place other than where it was.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruas View Post
    ^ I initially thought that the Mewtwo from Johto (assuming the Johto hero released it - since there is no fun really in having such an over-powered Pokemon) travelled far in search of some way to de-power itself. It perhaps didn't have the heart to disturb Fuji & Blaine again & so trusted itself to some Kalos scientists. Kalos scientists of course couldn't resist using its power. Mewtwo ends up being an inspiration to the scientists to find ways to empower other Pokemons too. This time instead of creating new Pokemons, the managed to create MegaStones that contain the powers.
    This is probably one of the better theories I've seen, though isn't Fuji and Blaine creating Mewtwo exclusive to the anime and Adventures/Special canons respectively? Also according to the games Mega Evolution has been known about for a very long time, so not all the Mega Stones are going to have been artificially created.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnivy View Post
    so not all the Mega Stones are going to have been artificially created.
    Isn't it that all mega stones were created at that time period?
    Pokémon in My Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Isn't it that all mega stones were created at that time period?
    I fail to see how Mewtwo has two Mega Stones when Mewtwo is an invention of modern science and the Mega Stones have been around even longer. I'm sure the only way for Mewtwonite X and Y to logically exist in my opinion would be if they were created artificially.

I fail to see how Mewtwo has two Mega Stones when Mewtwo is an invention of modern science and the Mega Stones have been around even longer. I'm sure the only way for Mewtwonite X and Y to logically exist in my opinion would be if they were created artificially.
    A couple of pages back there was a discussion of the possibility of Mewtwos altered genetic code just working with a stone.

There's really a lot of theories available, but it's explicitly stated that all mega stones were created as a result of the unleashed legendary's power which ended the great war.
    Pokémon in My Safari:

when you beat zygrade he does return to cave for you to have another go at catching him

Quote Originally Posted by sheld999 View Post
    when you beat zygrade he does return to cave for you to have another go at catching him
    Provided that you enter the Hall of Fame again, yes.

There's really a lot of theories available, but it's explicitly stated that all mega stones were created as a result of the unleashed legendary's power which ended the great war.
    Well, not "all" Mega Stones. Just "Mega Stones." There is nothing that says they can't be synthesized. And how would Sycamore even know about Mewtwo in order to consider the possibility that it may have a Mega Stone, or that Mewtwo itself even exists? He was most likely not a part of the Mewtwo project since he would have been a child/pre-teen at the time.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Well, not "all" Mega Stones. Just "Mega Stones." There is nothing that says they can't be synthesized. And how would Sycamore even know about Mewtwo in order to consider the possibility that it may have a Mega Stone, or that Mewtwo itself even exists? He was most likely not a part of the Mewtwo project since he would have been a child/pre-teen at the time.
    Well, I would think being Pokémon #151 for at least 5 years and being a Pokémon Professor (they do have to go to school for that right?), he would be well aware it exists. I don't recall Professor Sycamore hiding the mega stones for us to find like an Easter egg hunt though, so why would his knowledge of what has a mega stone or doesn't matter in terms of it having one?

There are many possibilities. You could be right, I could be right. I think GameFreak did it that way on purpose.

I don't agree with the theory they can be synthesized though. Mainly because it lessens the importance of the Mortality Duo, if some scientist can make them. I also firmly believe that the X/Y variations are not the cause of "tampering" but are the reactions to the legendary Pokémon's power (Life infused Charizard is Black and half Dragon, while Death infused is slimmer and more aerodynamic).
    Pokémon in My Safari:

Well, I would think being Pokémon #151 for at least 5 years and being a Pokémon Professor (they do have to go to school for that right?), he would be well aware it exists. I don't recall Professor Sycamore hiding the mega stones for us to find like an Easter egg hunt though, so why would his knowledge of what has a mega stone or doesn't matter in terms of it having one?
    But is it ever canonically established that Mewtwo is a thing that people come to know about barring the "Trevor's Mewtwo" oversight? It seems as though neither Red nor Ethan/Lyra ever captured the one in Cerulean Cave (if it is indeed the one that eventually comes to Kalos), which would mean that for those several years in between games, there was still a big, vacant slot in the Pokédex. We can't even claim with certainty that they ever saw a Mew either, so for all we know, the various player characters' Pokédexes are stuck in a perpetual state of incompleteness.

As his knowledge of Mewtwo's Mega Stones is concerned, it matters because if he doesn't know that an artificially-created Pokémon like Mewtwo has a pair of corresponding Mega Stones or even exists at all, then he wouldn't consider the possibility that its Mega Stones could have been synthesized. For all he knows, Mega Stones only exist for natural Pokémon and not artificial ones, and thus, his hypothesis would be undeterred.

I don't agree with the theory they can be synthesized though. Mainly because it lessens the importance of the Mortality Duo, if some scientist can make them.
    I meant more in the sense that since the Mega Stones already exist, and since they already contain the energy of Xerneas/Yveltal, all that an expert scientist would have to do would be to find a way to alter to properties of any given Mega Stone in order to make it react to Mewtwo's genetic code instead of that Stone's natural correspondent. Or, said scientist could just find a way to transfer Xerneas'/Yveltal's energy into a synthesized Mega Stone (if it even had to be synthesized at all; Sycamore did put forth the theory that the stones that became Mega Stones were originally regular evolutionary stones). And we can assume that there is at least some kind of technological component to the Mega Evolution process, as those Mega Rings/Charms/Gloves/etc. are most likely manufactured.

I also firmly believe that the X/Y variations are not the cause of "tampering" but are the reactions to the legendary Pokémon's power (Life infused Charizard is Black and half Dragon, while Death infused is slimmer and more aerodynamic).
    That is a very interesting theory; I hadn't thought of that before. Personally, I just figured that it was a natural extension of branch evolutions in that only certain Pokémon had branch Mega Evolutions, but your theory has quite a bit more flavor to it. I would ask how a Charizardite Y could have become infused with Yveltal's power of Destruction in X even though Xerneas was most likely used as the battery during AZ's time in that version of the story, but as it is, the plot and function of the weapon itself already make it clear that their powers are really just two sides of the same coin.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

But is it ever canonically established that Mewtwo is a thing that people come to know about barring the "Trevor's Mewtwo" oversight? It seems as though neither Red nor Ethan/Lyra ever captured the one in Cerulean Cave (if it is indeed the one that eventually comes to Kalos), which would mean that for those several years in between games, there was still a big, vacant slot in the Pokédex. We can't even claim with certainty that they ever saw a Mew either, so for all we know, the various player characters' Pokédexes are stuck in a perpetual state of incompleteness.
    Well, I was under the assumption that the Pokédex is something given from a Professor to a young trainer they can trust to gather data on what's available in the region. I don't believe everyone has one but considering the National Dex is an upgrade, I'd assume that the Pokémon Professors would know about the prior data (and be retconned to know of even more as in the case of FRLG/HGSS) of other regions. Unless the Pokémon Professors are a bunch of uneducated hacks.

I do believe that someone encountered those Pokémon even if they canonically weren't caught.

As his knowledge of Mewtwo's Mega Stones is concerned, it matters because if he doesn't know that an artificially-created Pokémon like Mewtwo has a pair of corresponding Mega Stones or even exists at all, then he wouldn't consider the possibility that its Mega Stones could have been synthesized. For all he knows, Mega Stones only exist for natural Pokémon and not artificial ones, and thus, his hypothesis would be undeterred.
    Ahh, I get you know.

I meant more in the sense that since the Mega Stones already exist, and since they already contain the energy of Xerneas/Yveltal, all that an expert scientist would have to do would be to find a way to alter to properties of any given Mega Stone in order to make it react to Mewtwo's genetic code instead of that Stone's natural correspondent. Or, said scientist could just find a way to transfer Xerneas'/Yveltal's energy into a synthesized Mega Stone (if it even had to be synthesized at all; Sycamore did put forth the theory that the stones that became Mega Stones were originally regular evolutionary stones). And we can assume that there is at least some kind of technological component to the Mega Evolution process, as those Mega Rings/Charms/Gloves/etc. are most likely manufactured.
    That's a good solid theory. But, considering Mewtwo's genetic code is already tampered with, who's to say Mewtwo's tampered DNA isn't why it reacts to the stone?

The device itself is manufactured but it requires the key stone in order to trigger it. To me, the device is nothing more than a holder/fashion statement. Think of it like a cellphone clip, is the clip what allows you to text/make calls or is it the phone it holds?

That is a very interesting theory; I hadn't thought of that before. Personally, I just figured that it was a natural extension of branch evolutions in that only certain Pokémon had branch Mega Evolutions, but your theory has quite a bit more flavor to it. I would ask how a Charizardite Y could have become infused with Yveltal's power of Destruction in X even though Xerneas was most likely used as the battery during AZ's time in that version of the story, but as it is, the plot and function of the weapon itself already make it clear that their powers are really just two sides of the same coin.
    Simple: X & Y are essentially two different timelines with the same situation that can "cross-over" with each other (which was something I thought about all prior paired versions but was sorta confirmed by the messages at Lumiose City). So the legendary acting as a battery for the weapon in the respective version are what power up the stones and the stone is what makes the specific Pokémon react. Most of them are the same between the two legendarys, but for Charizard and Mewtwo the Life/Death power of the stone affects them differently. So bringing a Charizardite Y into X doesn't turn it into a Charizardite X, it remains powered by Yveltal from the Y reality and thus allows it to transform into Mega Charizard Y even in X.

Even simpler: The pokémon with branched Megas react to the stone that was changed and charged by a specific legendary, so their formes are a reaction of that.
    It would also sort of explain why Mega Houndoom reacts only to a stone infused with Death...
    Pokémon in My Safari:

Well, I was under the assumption that the Pokédex is something given from a Professor to a young trainer they can trust to gather data on what's available in the region. I don't believe everyone has one but considering the National Dex is an upgrade, I'd assume that the Pokémon Professors would know about the prior data (and be retconned to know of even more as in the case of FRLG/HGSS) of other regions. Unless the Pokémon Professors are a bunch of uneducated hacks.

I do believe that someone encountered those Pokémon even if they canonically weren't caught.
    You make a good point. It's late, so I'm not at my sharpest right now, but it is indeed entirely possible that Red and/or Ethan/Lyra encountered Mewtwo, but failed to capture it (in fact, as you suggested, that could be what drove Mewtwo out of Cerulean Cave and caused it to relocate to Kalos). If that were the case, then there would be Dex data on Mewtwo, albeit incomplete data. But still, it would be enough to make its existence known, and then Professor Oak/Elm would probably publish a paper on it or something in order to share that data with the scientific community.

That's a good solid theory. But, considering Mewtwo's genetic code is already tampered with, who's to say Mewtwo's tampered DNA isn't why it reacts to the stone?
    Hmm. Well, that's certainly a possibility. Actually, we don't even know for sure that any Pokémon's genetic code is what the Mega Stones react to. I just assumed that to be the case because it seemed the most likely, and if some scientist wanted to create the most powerful Pokémon there could be and decided to give it the ability to Mega Evolve, I imagine that they would try to find whatever it is that keys in the Mega Stones to a particular species of Pokémon and then modify one in order to match their creation.

The device itself is manufactured but it requires the key stone in order to trigger it. To me, the device is nothing more than a holder/fashion statement. Think of it like a cellphone clip, is the clip what allows you to text/make calls or is it the phone it holds?
    That's what I thought at first, but Gurkinn says in XY that he only has one Mega Ring at the time of your's and Serena's challenge. If it were just a "clip," then his lack of another Mega Ring would be irrelevant and he would just need to give you the Key Stone (which, oddly enough, is mentioned only once over the course of the entire story, and not even by name). Furthermore, the item description of the Mega Ring states that it contains an "untold power" that enables a Pokémon to Mega Evolve, and it is shown in the post-game that the Mega Ring is capable of being upgraded when the player comes into contact with the Anistar Sundial after being exposed to the energies of Xerneas/Yveltal in Team Flare's headquarters. So evidently the Mega Ring is far more than just a container for the Key Stone and is likewise a crucial element of the equation.

That being said, however, it does seem as though whoever is manufacturing them is doing so without fully understanding what it is that makes them tick. Or perhaps the pioneer of Mega Evolution was the one who originally devised the design of the Mega Ring and recorded it in a journal or something.

Simple: X & Y are essentially two different timelines with the same situation that can "cross-over" with each other (which was something I thought about all prior paired versions but was sorta confirmed by the messages at Lumiose City). So the legendary acting as a battery for the weapon in the respective version are what power up the stones and the stone is what makes the specific Pokémon react. Most of them are the same between the two legendarys, but for Charizard and Mewtwo the Life/Death power of the stone affects them differently. So bringing a Charizardite Y into X doesn't turn it into a Charizardite X, it remains powered by Yveltal from the Y reality and thus allows it to transform into Mega Charizard Y even in X.

Even simpler: The pokémon with branched Megas react to the stone that was changed and charged by a specific legendary, so their formes are a reaction of that.
    It would also sort of explain why Mega Houndoom reacts only to a stone infused with Death...
    Ah, yes, of course. I completely forgot that the Mewtwonites/Charizardites are version-exclusive. That would explain why Charizardite Y Stones don't exist in the X timeline; the stones that became Charizardites were never exposed to Yveltal's energies at all.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Hmm. Well, that's certainly a possibility. Actually, we don't even know for sure that any Pokémon's genetic code is what the Mega Stones react to. I just assumed that to be the case because it seemed the most likely, and if some scientist wanted to create the most powerful Pokémon there could be and decided to give it the ability to Mega Evolve, I imagine that they would try to find whatever it is that keys in the Mega Stones to a particular species of Pokémon and then modify one in order to match their creation.
    Very good point. And if we go by my own theory about the 'dex, it's quite acceptable to assume that Mega evolution was also something the other pokémon professors know about as well (granted, it would be Sycamore's specialty) which could have inspired the scientists researching how to make a powerful pokémon...

But then does that mean, if we believe this is the Kanto Mewtwo, that in Gen I/II and their remakes, this Mewtwo held it's Mega stone all along? It doesn't activate it in battle here either so I guess so...

That's what I thought at first, but Gurkinn says in XY that he only has one Mega Ring at the time of your's and Serena's challenge. If it were just a "clip," then his lack of another Mega Ring would be irrelevant and he would just need to give you the Key Stone (which, oddly enough, is mentioned only once over the course of the entire story, and not even by name). Furthermore, the item description of the Mega Ring states that it contains an "untold power" that enables a Pokémon to Mega Evolve, and it is shown in the post-game that the Mega Ring is capable of being upgraded when the player comes into contact with the Anistar Sundial after being exposed to the energies of Xerneas/Yveltal in Team Flare's headquarters. So evidently the Mega Ring is far more than just a container for the Key Stone and is likewise a crucial element of the equation.

That being said, however, it does seem as though whoever is manufacturing them is doing so without fully understanding what it is that makes them tick. Or perhaps the pioneer of Mega Evolution was the one who originally devised the design of the Mega Ring and recorded it in a journal or something.
    Ahhh! I forgot that. Well then I guess the Mega Ring/Charm/Glove/Etc are far more essential than I thought. Which is kind of...odd though if it is truly about the bond between trainer and pokémon and these two stones, why does a device need to be used? lol What kind of special properties does ths device have?
    Pokémon in My Safari:

Very good point. And if we go by my own theory about the 'dex, it's quite acceptable to assume that Mega evolution was also something the other pokémon professors know about as well (granted, it would be Sycamore's specialty) which could have inspired the scientists researching how to make a powerful pokémon...

But then does that mean, if we believe this is the Kanto Mewtwo, that in Gen I/II and their remakes, this Mewtwo held it's Mega stone all along? It doesn't activate it in battle here either so I guess so...

Ahhh! I forgot that. Well then I guess the Mega Ring/Charm/Glove/Etc are far more essential than I thought. Which is kind of...odd though if it is truly about the bond between trainer and pokémon and these two stones, why does a device need to be used? lol What kind of special properties does ths device have?
    Maybe the purpose of the device that holds the stones is to increas the area of skin contact. The stones themselves may be more of lens that focus energy in such a way as to allow mega evolution. What if the trainer and pokemon can only hold the focus for so long, could be the reason that it is only temporary.
    LLR

P.S.
    East Sea Shellos (blue) with HA available
    I trade Vivillons for Vivillons and have a All 18 non-event of patterns. Ask!
    Dex 718/718 Thank you ShinyPanda! Living Dex: 711/718.

My Friend Code: 1907-9797-0140. In game name: Sage.
    I'm using this one for trades and to check safaris for folks.
    I'll be periodically deleting older cards from my friend list.
    If you still want access just let me know and I'll be happy to add you again.

It certainly could have. As you say, it doesn't Mega Evolve during the Kalos battle either (and I thiiiiiiiink it doesn't actually register its Mega Stone as a held item during the battle as well?), so it could have been holding it. The lack of a Trainer with which it has bonded probably has something to do with that. Maybe the scientists who created it were looking to control it themselves. If they could have kept it in a controlled environment, they could have facilitated some kind of bond between it and them.

The Mega Ring and Key Stone were said to work in tandem in order to convert the feelings between a Trainer and their Pokémon into a kind of communicable wavelength that the Mega Stone can pick up on. The bond between a Trainer and their Pokémon must be strong, and if it is sufficiently strong, the Mega Ring can facilitate the conversion of that bond though the Key Stone into a wavelength that the Pokémon's Mega Stone can detect and interpret as a signal to initiate the Mega Evolution. This process was also compared to how the large pink stone in Anistar City converts sunlight into a "mysterious light" that the Anistar Sundial can pick up on and transmit to an upgraded Mega Ring, thereby enabling it to track Mega Stones.

All very mysterious and fascinating, this stuff is.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

The devices (ring, glove, etc.) used to "focus" remind me of a radio transmitter in regards to their ability to interact with the stones. It seems to me the stone acts as a simplified satellite picking up the radiation waves from the device, in which the bond between trainer and pokemon is a sort of catalyst to streamline the transmission process. Perhaps the radiation emitted by human and pokemon are a vital part of the process only in regards to their ability to enhance the connection between stone and device. In essence the natural capacity for interaction between stone and device is distorted and therefore difficult or impossible to function without the assistance of the bond. The biggest mystery to me in this case is why this particular variety of stone with natural radiation-absorption properties seems to only appear in Kalos. Incidentally this likely connects with the stones in the Geosenge area, which also seem to have some way of reacting to electromagnetic properties of pokemon or Lysandre's device. Perhaps the stone obelisks are geodes of some kind and the mega-stones are parts of the internal crystalline formation common in geodes, with slightly different crystalline patterns reacting to different pokemon bonds in their roles as catalysts.
    Last edited by Ib4; 18th March 2014 at 3:21 AM.
    My Decade of Pokemon Games: December 25, 2004-November 21, 2014
    LESRXDCPFPF DSSWB2XAegislashHawluchaYDelphoxMalamar
    AS ?

My favorite PS replay-Sableye wrecks Mewtwo, Giratina, and Arceus

Isn't Fuji and Blaine creating Mewtwo exclusive to the anime and Adventures/Special canons respectively?
    It has been hinted throughout the games. Fuji & Blaine are friends - there was a photo of them in the Cinnabar Gym, I believe. There is also a message in Faraway Island, whose author isn't 100% confirmed, but Mr. Fuji is the closest fit. Perhaps the Pokemon Lab too has a few brief references.
    Also according to the games Mega Evolution has been known about for a very long time, so not all the Mega Stones are going to have been artificially created.
    This was just my idea of the story will be before the XY games were released. I didn't think much about the cover legendaries, but thought Mewtwo would be significant to the plot. Clearly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    I am still sad mewtwo did not get any backstory for pokemon x and y. what backstory would you guys have given mewtwo?

i thought this mewtwo is THE mewtwo, as in the one from the movie and ceurelean cave, kanto got so crowded, and when people started to try and find it, mewtwo fled to another country, preferably to a place where little to no humans will ever reach. that is where wulric and the pokevillage come in. if we can assume fuji and blaine were the two head scientists in charge of the mewtwo project, then i can assume that they had penpals in other countries. i don't know about you, but i can see fuji and wulfric being bingo buddies. mewtwo picked up on where that is, and decided to flee to the village that wulfrictends to, the same village full of pokemon that have been hurt or abandoned by their trainers. finally feeling safe, it took refuge in the cave, and wulfric leaves some food for it every now and then, in an attempt to build a friendship with mewtwo, the pokemon that was used for destruction.
    you can call it anything you want, i still call it GOOd (get it, its a goodra joke)

current shinies in x/y (Flora), (Sonnet), (Ashen), (carbunkle)

First of all, I'm sorry if this isn't the right thread, I'm a bit confused. So, I just caught a Xerneas with a quiet nature. I'm pretty new to IVs and EVs so I'm not sure what to make of it's stats, so if you could help me out, here are the stats for my Xerneas:

Nature: Quiet
    Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
    Hp: 199
    A: 155
    D: 116
    SpA: 169
    SpD: 119
    Speed: 108

Thoughts?

I think people worry too much over the canon of the games, especially in reference to the legendaries, and even more especially since the protagonst's story is completely different in both games. The only time the protagonist of any game has been "nailed down" was Red in Gold & Silver and, you know what? I used exactly ONE of those 6 pokemon when I played Red. Who is to say Red ever caught or, heck, even SAW Mewtwo? Mewtwo fled Cinnibar Island, now it could be anywhere. If Red had Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, and Mewtwo, wouldn't he feel like using them in his (seemingly) final battle?

Legendaries are there for fun. They repeat to let people who missed them before catch them again (how many people were complaining earlier in this thread that there needs to be a Jirachi or Victini event?). The only part of the canon that carries over is your protagonist does stop the villain and beat the Elite Four. How and when and what pokemon they met is always left a mystery because it isn't the same for any of us. The post-game legendaries, to me, feel more like people telling their own legends in the region "and then the great Red found a Zapdos in the power plant and captured it!" Otherwise, wouldn't SOMEBODY mention "Not only did Gold beat Team Rocket, did you SEE his Ho-oh?!"

What drives this home for me, and makes sure I don't lose sleep over pokemon video game canon, is the protagonist in Black. I kept being told all through Black2 what a great guy he was, thank heavens he saved us, etc. Ummmmmmmmmmmm if he's such a huge hero, where the heck was he when a city was frozen in ice? In fact, everyone is saved by Black's VILLAIN, which is a little twisted when you think about it.

Six Generations / One Team
        Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by ritukurien View Post
    First of all, I'm sorry if this isn't the right thread, I'm a bit confused. So, I just caught a Xerneas with a quiet nature. I'm pretty new to IVs and EVs so I'm not sure what to make of it's stats, so if you could help me out, here are the stats for my Xerneas:

Nature: Quiet
    Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
    Hp: 199
    A: 155
    D: 116
    SpA: 169
    SpD: 119
    Speed: 108

Thoughts?
    Quiet will never be a good nature on Xerneas, regardless of IVs.

Also, those stats are impossible at lvl 50 with no EV investment, so there's no way for anyone to know its IVs.
    Last edited by MuhFugginMoose; 23rd March 2014 at 4:19 PM.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

Quote Originally Posted by PearlDex View Post
    I think people worry too much over the canon of the games
    Or maybe it isn't them "worrying" about it so much as it is that they're just passionate and interested in the topic and enjoy discussing it?

Who is to say Red ever caught or, heck, even SAW Mewtwo? Mewtwo fled Cinnibar Island, now it could be anywhere.
    Well considering that we find it in Cerulean Cave, chances are that it fled to Cerulean Cave, which is supposed to be those games' grand final dungeon reward for beating the Elite Four, which Red does. Logic can fill in the rest.

If Red had Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, and Mewtwo, wouldn't he feel like using them in his (seemingly) final battle?
    Not necessarily. Maybe he doesn't have the same bond with those Pokémon as he does the ones he trained on his own over the course of his journey. Maybe he just doesn't like using Legendary Pokémon (tons of real players don't, so it's not unfeasible). Or maybe he only ever battled them and didn't catch them at all.

Otherwise, wouldn't SOMEBODY mention "Not only did Gold beat Team Rocket, did you SEE his Ho-oh?!"
    I don't recall very many people being present for the battle against Archer, which takes place before you can capture Ho-Oh anyway.

And even if he does catch one, what's that going to change? Anyone who hears about it will either a) not believe it or b) believe and and probably think, "wow, that's cool stuff"...

... and then what? He caught a rare and powerful Pokémon. Good for him.

What drives this home for me, and makes sure I don't lose sleep over pokemon video game canon, is the protagonist in Black. I kept being told all through Black2 what a great guy he was, thank heavens he saved us, etc. Ummmmmmmmmmmm if he's such a huge hero, where the heck was he when a city was frozen in ice? In fact, everyone is saved by Black's VILLAIN, which is a little twisted when you think about it.
    Not if he/she was, I don't know, further away from the region than N and couldn't make it in time? No, let's ignore that perfectly possible solution and deem them a villain by presumed inaction.

Also, N very clearly and pointedly turned away from villainy at the end of BW.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

YAAS Endolise!

But to piggyback on the last point:
    I would agree that the protagonist in the first BW wasn't there in the region.

N wasn't really a villain per se, he was more of misguided and naive face. I guess what I'm trying to say is that N was more of a tool and Ghestis was the main villain of it all.
    Pokémon in My Safari:

Well considering that we find it in Cerulean Cave, chances are that it fled to Cerulean Cave, which is supposed to be those games' grand final dungeon reward for beating the Elite Four, which Red does. Logic can fill in the rest.
    This is exactly my point, though... well, except for the logic part. Logic does not fill in Pokémon canon otherwise there would be nothing to discuss. Sure, we get to encounter Mewtwo it in the game, but once you beat the Elite 4, the in-game canon tends to stop. Nobody ever mentions what the heroes of the games do after they leave. Basically, the story ends. So Mewtwo being in Cerulean Cave and the Pokémon village doesn't really matter since the canon's "version" of Red never really needs Red to have met Mewtwo. It doesn't change the story at all since he's only ever referred to as the trainer who beat Team Rocket and the Elite Four.

I don't recall very many people being present for the battle against Archer, which takes place before you can capture Ho-Oh anyway.

And even if he does catch one, what's that going to change? Anyone who hears about it will either a) not believe it or b) believe and and probably think, "wow, that's cool stuff"...

The NPCs tend to swoon whenever somebody else finds a rare pokemon and they do, occasionally, reference the old heroes' achievements: but meeting the side-legendaries is never on that list of achievements (they will mention climactic box-legend battles, though, since they can't be avoided as part of the game's story). It's preference, but I like to think the old heroes didn't necessarily find those legends. They're there to give the player something to pursue but aren't part of the story.

Not if he/she was, I don't know, further away from the region than N and couldn't make it in time? No, let's ignore that perfectly possible solution and deem them a villain by presumed inaction.

Also, N very clearly and pointedly turned away from villainy at the end of BW
    I didn't call Black the villain. I called N the villain. I found it funny people were constantly mentioning the old trainer only to have them not only not make an appearance, but have N step in his place. N may have shrugged off Team Plasma, but he still wasn't "good" and certainly never paid for what he did. He tried making it up to everyone by stopping Ghetsis but in reality just made Ghetsis' Kyurem stronger. Thanks, N.

Six Generations / One Team
        Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Page 98 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102 ... LastLast