Page 101 of 107 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2655

Thread: Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    I have been seeing people say that it does, but that doesn't make sense to me - sure, it's effect says that it hits airborne Pokémon (e.g. Golurk using Fly), but aren't Flying-types inherently immune to Ground-type attacks anyway?
    It probably acts like Freeze-Dry/a permanent Ring Target and defies the type chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    Which makes me wonder why the heck they put it in the game. It doesn't make sense to put a useless item in any game. I hoped that with the complete dump of the games, its mystery would be solved.
    Presumably you'll send it to another game in the future. Sort of like how the unreleased Lock Box was going to work in HGSS: Get it there, then transport it to BW and unlock it to get Snarl.

On a side-note, I just noticed this in Volcanion's Y Pokédex entry:

It lets out billows of steam and disappears into the dense fog. It's said to live in mountains where humans do not tread.
    You know, like the Lumiose Press lady heading off to the mountains in search of a Mythical Pokémon.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

On a side-note, I just noticed this in Volcanion's Y Pokédex entry:

You know, like the Lumiose Press lady heading off to the mountains in search of a Mythical Pokémon.
    At least THAT mystery is solved.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Presumably you'll send it to another game in the future. Sort of like how the unreleased Lock Box was going to work in HGSS: Get it there, then transport it to BW and unlock it to get Snarl.
    That or it has no in game purpose whatsoever.

Kinda how a lot of people didn't want to sell the Relic Crown because they thought it unlocked something or would unlock something int the "third" version of the fifth gen. Well it's only purpose was to sell it and there was no third version not to mention it did nothing in B2/W2. There is a thing such as over speculation you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    That or it has no in game purpose whatsoever.

Kinda how a lot of people didn't want to sell the Relic Crown because they thought it unlocked something or would unlock something int the "third" version of the fifth gen. Well it's only purpose was to sell it and there was no third version not to mention it did nothing in B2/W2. There is a thing such as over speculation you know.
    Selling it is still an in-game purpose, though. Especially for such an obscene amount of money.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Talking The Mystery of Zygarde

Hello everyone !!

I' m MADEinGR and I' m back !!!

This is my theory about Zygarde:
    1. Zygarde has two alternate forms. We will learn about them the year 2015.
    2. The one form has the move "Thousand Arrows" and the ability "Aura Break". This combination (move + ability) is specific for countering Yveltal(which is part flying type & has the ability of Dark Aura).
    3. The other form has the move "Thousand Waves" and the ability "Aura Break". This combination (move + ability) is specially designed for countering Xerneas(which can be hit by the ground type move Th. Waves and cannot escape & has the ability Fairy Aura).
    4. The two new games (following X & Y) will emphasize to the fact that there has to be a ballance between life and death (destrustion). That' s why Zygarde exists, the Order Pokemon.
    5. These two brand-new-pokemon titles will be called: "Pokemon X2 (X squared)" and "Pokemon Y2 (Y squared)" !!!

So, what do you guys think?

I hope you enjoy...

See, ya!

Quote Originally Posted by MADEinGR View Post
    Hello everyone !!

I' m MADEinGR and I' m back !!!

This is my theory about Zygarde:
    1. Zygarde has two alternate forms. We will learn about them the year 2015.
    2. The one form has the move "Thousand Arrows" and the ability "Aura Break". This combination (move + ability) is specific for countering Yveltal(which is part flying type & has the ability of Dark Aura).
    3. The other form has the move "Thousand Waves" and the ability "Aura Break". This combination (move + ability) is specially designed for countering Xerneas(which can be hit by the ground type move Th. Waves and cannot escape & has the ability Fairy Aura).
    4. The two new games (following X & Y) will emphasize to the fact that there has to be a ballance between life and death (destrustion). That' s why Zygarde exists, the Order Pokemon.
    5. These two brand-new-pokemon titles will be called: "Pokemon X2 (X squared)" and "Pokemon Y2 (Y squared)" !!!

So, what do you guys think?

I hope you enjoy...

See, ya!
    This is the rumor that makes the most sense to me. Hope it's real!

I doubt they will call the next titles x^2 and y^2. Squared numbers can be hard to write digitally. Most people would just write them as x2 and y2 anyway. It will also be unnecessary bothersome to search up info or buy the games over the Internet if the sites use the actual name.

However I do like the idea that the moves are made to counter the rest of the life circle trio if one of them becomes too eager.

Okay I have become really EXCITED for those two new ground moves but they really decimated my Hoopa. Can anyone tell me how I will be able to even make use of Hoopa? I mean even Volcanion is disappointing to some extent but at least it got a good ability. Again... 60 base defense for Hoopa and Magician? 70 BASE SPEED? What will it even do?! 4X weakness to sucker punch and shadow sneak is going to be a real treat for it.

Did GF get tired of OP pokemon or what? They make Mega kang but now they make Hoopa weak as ****. Sorry if I am ranting but this is the truth.
    Last edited by Seraphina; 16th April 2014 at 4:14 AM.

No, ranting about how you're going to use a Pokémon we don't have yet doesn't constitute any notable mode of truth.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    No, ranting about how you're going to use a Pokémon we don't have yet doesn't constitute any notable mode of truth.
    Hehe there could always be a Hoopa form 2 like Gamefreak does with most event legends. Well, BC I am only going by its move list right now and it does not look like it will be able to do much as a "competitive" pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    Hehe there could always be a Hoopa form 2
    Probably not.

like Gamefreak does with most event legends.
    Not "most" by any stretch, no.

and it does not look like it will be able to do much as a "competitive" pokemon.
    Not going to intone "who cares?", but this reasoning should never be cause for any sort of overreaction.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Okay I have really EXCITED for those two new ground moves but they really decimated my Hoopa. Can anyone tell me how I will be able to even make use of Hoopa? I mean even Volcanion is disappointing to some extent but at least it got a good ability. Again... 60 base defense for Hoopa and Magician? 70 BASE SPEED? What will it even do?! 4X weakness to sucker punch and shadow sneak is going to be a real treat for it.

Did GF get tired of OP pokemon or what? They make Mega kang but now they make Hoopa weak as ****. Sorry if I am ranting but this is the truth.
    For me, Hoopa is Gamefreak's idea of trying to create something like regigigas without giving it a crippling ability. Rather than having something like slow start/truant, it was instead given physical defense slightly below gallade's and a typing that not only leaves it 4x weak to two different types, but also has both of its STABs immune to at least one. Every tier has multiple pokemon that can utterly ruin this thing (yveltal/darkrai in ubers, chansey/blissey/bisharp/mandibuzz in ou, honchkrow/weavile/cofagrigus in uu, malamar in ru, and even liepard/shuckle/tauros/skuntank in nu. We'll definitely see it being used, the quantity of its usage depending entirely on what its non-attacking movepool consists of.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

Selling it is still an in-game purpose, though. Especially for such an obscene amount of money.
    I meant like an in game event with Kyurem or something.

Hello everyone !!

Oh man, that would be a pretty awesome take on a title.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

No. . .
    If anything, it'd make more sense to just call it Z and be done with it.

People need to forget that B/W2 happened. It isn't going to be an ongoing thing.
    x2 and y2 are just plain stupid. X and Y are clearly representative of the x & Y axis. Adding these "Squares" makes no logical sense at all.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

So when are we all predicting a reveal of a potential third version and Zygarde new formes based on Thousand arrows and Thousand Waves? What base stats do you think these potential formes or forme might have?

This is speculation and not meant to be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    It isn't going to be an ongoing thing.
    And you know that... how?
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

And you know that... how?
    I don't. I'm stating it as an opinion. (Didn't think I'd need to elaborate)
    It makes no sense to have the "squares". Z makes sense if anything.
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.

Nintendo/Game Freak found a way to make more money by making sequels instead of the usual "third version". I don't think we are going back to the three game format anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Nintendo/Game Freak found a way to make more money by making sequels instead of the usual "third version". I don't think we are going back to the three game format anytime soon.
    Yea, they did. But that doesn't mean they will continue it.

They've known they can sell two of the same game with small added features it's been that way since it's creation. They would have done it a long time ago if they were doing it purely for money.

Yea, they did. But that doesn't mean they will continue it.

They've known they can sell two of the same game with small added features it's been that way since it's creation. They would have done it a long time ago if they were doing it purely for money.
    But I was simply stating it as an opinion.

If you were to suggest that "Pokémon Gray" would be Black 2 and White 2 back before their reveal, the same line would've been thrown at you as well because it went against what was established before. Same to a lesser extent if you suggested the RSE remakes would be skipped over for the next generation.

Just because it "doesn't make sense" doesn't mean it's impossible or illogical, the previous generation shown that GF is willing to do something different. Plus, we do know that there are two moves programmed in that follow the same thematic, similar to Kyurem back in Black and White, which could hint at two forms for Zygarde and thus two different games. So ultimately, there could be a "X2 and Y2" or some equivalent.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    If you were to suggest that "Pokémon Gray" would be Black 2 and White 2 back before their reveal, the same line would've been thrown at you as well because it went against what was established before. Same to a lesser extent if you suggested the RSE remakes would be skipped over for the next generation.

Just because it "doesn't make sense" doesn't mean it's impossible or illogical, the previous generation shown that GF is willing to do something different. Plus, we do know that there are two moves programmed in that follow the same thematic, which could hint at two forms for Zygarde and thus two different games. So ultimately, there could be a "X2 and Y2" or some equivalent.
    I'm not saying it's impossible, however it is illogical. But if BW2 had never happened, people would not be thinking X2 Y2 are even remotely a possibility. And just because there was a change in the usual format doesn't mean it will continue.

X&Y represent the X&Y axis of a 3D plane. Which makes since for a game on the 3DS.
    X2 & Y2 have nothing to do with a 3D plane. It just would make no sense (to me) to have X2 & Y2

Page 101 of 107 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast