Page 102 of 107 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 2655

Thread: Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

  1. #2526
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    It seems to me that Zygarde's name is based on En garde, French for "on guard"; spoken at outset to warn the participants of a fencing match or duel to take a defensive position. Which could possibly suggest that Zygarde is getting possible new offensive forme(s)/Mega Evolutions. If we take a look at these two new moves it supposedly gets, both are physical but I like to think that Thousand Arrows will be the physical move and Thousand Waves will be the special move since sound wave based moves are usually special. Also Zygarde's stats are more defense oriented and not to mention incredibly underwhelming for a legendary Pokemon. This makes me think that it will be receiving two Mega Evolutions instead of Forme changes since Mega Evolutions significantly boost stats way more than forme changes. Now one of the Mega Evolutions will significantly boost it's attack and speed while the other will boost it's special attack and speed. This just gives off that B2/W2 sequel vibe agin but idk.

    However these are just my opinions and at the end of the day just pure speculation.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 16th April 2014 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Because.

  2. #2527
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Hoenn, Battle Resort
    Posts
    737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    It seems to me that Zygarde's name is based on En garde, French for "on guard"; spoken at outset to warn the participants of a fencing match or duel to take a defensive position. Which could possibly suggest that Zygarde is getting possible new offensive forme(s)/Mega Evolutions. If we take a look at these two new moves it supposedly gets, both are physical but I like to think that Thousand Arrows will be the physical move and Thousand Waves will be the special move since sound wave based moves are usually special. Also Zygarde's stats are more defense oriented and not to mention incredibly underwhelming for a legendary Pokemon. This makes me think that it will be receiving two Mega Evolutions instead of Forme changes since Mega Evolutions significantly boost stats way more than forme changes. Now one of the Mega Evolutions will significantly boost it's attack and speed while the other will boost it's special attack and speed. This just gives off that B2/W2 sequel vibe agin but idk.

    However these are just my opinions and at the end of the day just pure speculation.
    Exactly. Given how Mega Evolutions are important to the gameplay AND story, it's highly possible we get Mega Evolutions instead of Formes this time. But this seems to contradict Masuda's statement that no Kalos Pokemon will Mega Evolve, so I kind of wonder what they 'll do with Zygarde.

    Also, I have this feeling that we may get a dual third version instead of sequels, but with a new story occuring simultaneously with that of X and Y, in a new region. The storyline will somehow have an effect on X/Y's storyline and may explain Lysandre's disappearance. And the versions are going to be called XZ and YZ. It will be really unique if they pull it off this way.

  3. #2528
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    Exactly. Given how Mega Evolutions are important to the gameplay AND story, it's highly possible we get Mega Evolutions instead of Formes this time. But this seems to contradict Masuda's statement that no Kalos Pokemon will Mega Evolve, so I kind of wonder what they 'll do with Zygarde.
    I think it's safe to say he was only talking in reference to X and Y.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  4. #2529
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    I'm not saying it's impossible, however it is illogical. But if BW2 had never happened, people would not be thinking X2 Y2 are even remotely a possibility. And just because there was a change in the usual format doesn't mean it will continue.

    X&Y represent the X&Y axis of a 3D plane. Which makes since for a game on the 3DS.
    X2 & Y2 have nothing to do with a 3D plane. It just would make no sense (to me) to have X2 & Y2
    I hate to go all 'math' on this, but X2 and Y2 are specific equations for a line, I dont think they'd go with that. X itself was a horizontal line, Y was vertical, but X2 and Y2 are parabolas. They'd probably go Z for the Z-axis. Of course, if they're done being clever, they could just pull a Pokemon Black/White and just do X-2 or Y-2 (to have it as a 'squared' subscript though wouldn't make sense because its no longer representing a dimension on the 3D plane but a specific line on a graph).
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

    What's better than a Malamar?
    A Shiny Malamar!

    Current Shinies:
    Malamar
    Dragalge
    Mr. Mime
    Carbink
    Sandslash
    Gyrados
    Horsea
    Haxorus
    Garchomp
    Vivillion (evolved into Modern pattern...thought Shiny turned into High Plains pattern, but whatever)

    Nintendo 3DS FC: 0447 5404 6118
    Safari Zone Element: Electric
    Emolga, Electabuzz, Zebstrika

  5. #2530
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Dead
    Posts
    490

    Default

    I must admit, Volcanion has quite a diverse movepool. This thing will likely be UU/BL at most, and possibly have a small niche in OU. Not so much can be said about Hoopa, either that or its general weakness to everything/mediocre speed is clouding my judgement.



  6. #2531
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shnivy View Post
    EDIT: Additional info on Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows. Thousand Waves traps those who it hits and Thousand Arrows hits levitating/flying Pokémon while also knocking them down to the ground. If these aren't Zygarde's sequel signature moves then I don't know what are.
    Thousand Arrows sounds amazing. If the theory about mega evolution for Zygarde is true then I assume that, considering their effects, the forme with Thousand Arrows is Mega Zygarde X so the one with Thousand Waves is Mega Zygarde Y.

    Regarding the name, I hope it's ZX/ZY personally which is still a coordinate on a graph, but one on a 3D graph.
    Last edited by Hexin' Wishes; 16th April 2014 at 8:39 PM.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

  7. #2532
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,634

    Default

    or we could get something else like Z1 and Z2 for the sake of not messing with the coordinate plane talk of X and Y. or they could go the genetics route and just use X2Y2 but who knows. the fact that there are two signature moves does make me think there will be two versions but technically it could just be a single secondary installment that either has 2 new formes for zygarde or one new forme with two signature moves. it could go in any direction :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

  8. #2533
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,341

    Default

    It's all very exciting. Either way the least exciting would be a simple "Z" version because it's a return to old "third version" business but at least the main story would be enhanced.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

  9. #2534
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    It's all very exciting. Either way the least exciting would be a simple "Z" version because it's a return to old "third version" business but at least the main story would be enhanced.
    exactly as well as post-game because in all honesty X and Y's post-game content heavily pushes competitive battling. the battle maison's supers are pretty difficult IMO and I don't think I could ever beat any of them with a casual in game team.
    friend safari pokemon all have 2+ guaranteed perfect IV's perfect for breeding. etc. there's not much more than that but for those that want something more or those that simply don't play competitively, post-game stuff is basically non-existent bar the looker missions.

    wherever route the secondary installment(s) take, It's an exciting thing just knowing it'll at least be improved in those terms. also makes me wonder if zygarde will be the only legendary with alt formes. as much as I love the idea behind kuurem's absofusion I really don't want zygarde to fuse with xerneas or yveltal lol. I doubt this would even be the case though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

  10. #2535
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    But this seems to contradict Masuda's statement that no Kalos Pokemon will Mega Evolve, so I kind of wonder what they 'll do with Zygarde.
    Rule One: Masuda Lies

    Quote Originally Posted by Bus View Post
    (to have it as a 'squared' subscript though wouldn't make sense because its no longer representing a dimension on the 3D plane but a specific line on a graph).
    I really doubt that they would care that much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greninja VI View Post
    or we could get something else like Z1 and Z2 for the sake of not messing with the coordinate plane talk of X and Y.
    I've seen "Pokémon A and Pokémon Z" come up a lot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Either way the least exciting would be a simple "Z" version because it's a return to old "third version" business
    Indeed. The BW sequels were a huge step forward from a worn-out and rather pointless model.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  11. #2536
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8

    Lightbulb 2015: The year of Zygarde

    Hello everyone !!

    It's me again ...

    As I wrote yesterday, 2015 will be the year of the legendary pokemon Zygarde. It will not only be the star of the 2015-pkmn movie, but it will also
    be the mascot of the next paired games of the VI-generation: "Pokemon X2" & "Pokemon Y2"!!!

    In my opinion, it makes sense for the next games to have these "bizzare" names...

    That's why:
    (This is my complete theory)
    1. I absolutely agree with the fact that "Pokemon X" & "Pokemon Y" represent the X- & Y-axes...
    2. But, could the next paired versions of the VI-generation have another deeper symbolism? A new symbolism, giving them the freshness of the originals!
    3. Keep in mind that pokemon titles always have to do with the legendary pokemon they feature...
    4. "X2" is called "the square of X" or "X squared". Now, remember that the VI-generation is based upon Europe. In my own mother language (which is greek), "X2" is also called "THE SECOND POWER OF X"!!!
    5. Therefore, X2=THE SECOND POWER OF X(=LIFE). The second power of life is represented by Zygarde's X2 secret form!!! The second-besides Xerneas-and the strongest one..., for the continuation of balance in the Kalos region ecosystem!!! A balance between life & destruction.
    6. Also, [...] the second power of destruction is represented by Zygarde's Y2 secret forme!!!


    Pokemon X2 and Pokemon Y2
    Enjoyment squared! - Excitement squared!

    Thank you my friends!!!
    I hope you enjoy playing Pokemon!!!

  12. #2537
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    I'm not saying it's impossible, however it is illogical. But if BW2 had never happened, people would not be thinking X2 Y2 are even remotely a possibility. And just because there was a change in the usual format doesn't mean it will continue.

    X&Y represent the X&Y axis of a 3D plane. Which makes since for a game on the 3DS.
    X2 & Y2 have nothing to do with a 3D plane. It just would make no sense (to me) to have X2 & Y2
    Yes, but the thing is they did happen, so there's now a precedence for them to potentially continue that. They can do sequels again and they do have the options to take advantage of that.

    I can see that point, but theoretically they could still go with that theme as "squared" is involved in mathematics and could double as a "2." It may be odd for them to not go with Z, but it's not necessarily illogical.

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    I've seen "Pokémon A and Pokémon Z" come up a lot.
    Admittedly I could see that due to AZ's name, the only thing is A isn't a coordinate (though it is used in mathematics).

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    It's all very exciting. Either way the least exciting would be a simple "Z" version because it's a return to old "third version" business but at least the main story would be enhanced.
    I couldn't agree more, I'd much rather have sequels again, particularly since there's more you can do with the story there then with just an enhanced version.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 16th April 2014 at 10:06 PM.


    It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

  13. #2538
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    140

    Default

    The thing with Zygarde is Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves aren't in its level up moves(in its current forme) so the only way we would get them on it if is they are both move tutor moves in the next game

    And this is why I think its getting 2 formes instead of Mega-evos, because we've seen move change with forme change, Glaciate to Freeze Shock/Ice Burn, and Thousand Arrows & Thousand Waves seem to replace Land's Wrath so I assume when it changes forme it changes moves as well
    Planned OR Team:


    Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

    3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

  14. #2539
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post
    The thing with Zygarde is Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves aren't in its level up moves(in its current forme) so the only way we would get them on it if is they are both move tutor moves in the next game

    And this is why I think its getting 2 formes instead of Mega-evos, because we've seen move change with forme change, Glaciate to Freeze Shock/Ice Burn, and Thousand Arrows & Thousand Waves seem to replace Land's Wrath so I assume when it changes forme it changes moves as well
    Don't forget deoxys/shaymin, with the former getting a plethoria of different moves by changing and the latter getting air slash instead of aromatherapy. After seeing all of this buildup, I'm starting to think zygarde will get a hyper-offensive form with similar stats to kyurem-b and a hyper-defensive form with stats similar to ferrothorn.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen UU record: 55W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:


  15. #2540
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep, Deep, Desert
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post
    The thing with Zygarde is Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves aren't in its level up moves(in its current forme) so the only way we would get them on it if is they are both move tutor moves in the next game

    And this is why I think its getting 2 formes instead of Mega-evos, because we've seen move change with forme change, Glaciate to Freeze Shock/Ice Burn, and Thousand Arrows & Thousand Waves seem to replace Land's Wrath so I assume when it changes forme it changes moves as well
    I do agree about the argument possibly looking at at completely different formes versus mega-evolving.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

    Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

  16. #2541
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    If we take a look at these two new moves it supposedly gets, both are physical but I like to think that Thousand Arrows will be the physical move and Thousand Waves will be the special move since sound wave based moves are usually special.
    Well, personally I doubt it will be changed, so both will remain physical.

    Which means both formes will have a Physical/Mixed preference in terms of offense, not pure Special, because if one of the two new formes is purely Special-based, then the Thousand moves will be kinda useless on it.....

    Also, Thousand Waves, based on the description, doesn't really sounds (lol) like a sound move. It's just a wave, which doesn't always have to be sound-based.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  17. #2542
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    4,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    Don't forget deoxys/shaymin, with the former getting a plethoria of different moves by changing and the latter getting air slash instead of aromatherapy. After seeing all of this buildup, I'm starting to think zygarde will get a hyper-offensive form with similar stats to kyurem-b and a hyper-defensive form with stats similar to ferrothorn.
    Or it will just Mega evolve into the tree of life.

    "Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

  18. #2543
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8

    Thumbs up The Legendary Pokemon Dialga and Palkia in Generation VI

    Hello friends,

    I just noticed something and I would like to share it with you!

    In my opinion, there are hidden references in the latest generation... References to the legendary Pokemon Dialga and Palkia and, thus, references back to the VI Generation!!!

    1. First, the mythical Pokemon #719 Diance, is the jewel pokemon. It has pink DIAMONDS on it. It can also create many DIAMONDS by compressing the carbon in the air between its hands. That's, in my opinion (always), is a direct reference to DIALGA and to Pokemon Diamond.

    2. Second, the mythical Pokemon #720 Hoopa, is a troublemaker that sends anything and everything to faraway places using its loop, which can wrap SPACE. It's special move is called HyperSPACE hole. But, we know, from the gen 4, that PALKIA is the spatial pokemon. Therefore, Pokemon PEARL comes to our minds.


    Because the mythical pokemon are the last ones in each generation, I think these are huge hints that we will be getting DPPt remakes during the next generation of Pokemon (Generation VII).

    So, what do you guys think?

    I hope you enjoy!!!

  19. #2544
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Hoenn, Battle Resort
    Posts
    737

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by MADEinGR View Post
    Hello friends,

    I just noticed something and I would like to share it with you!

    In my opinion, there are hidden references in the latest generation... References to the legendary Pokemon Dialga and Palkia and, thus, references back to the VI Generation!!!

    1. First, the mythical Pokemon #719 Diance, is the jewel pokemon. It has pink DIAMONDS on it. It can also create many DIAMONDS by compressing the carbon in the air between its hands. That's, in my opinion (always), is a direct reference to DIALGA and to Pokemon Diamond.

    2. Second, the mythical Pokemon #720 Hoopa, is a troublemaker that sends anything and everything to faraway places using its loop, which can wrap SPACE. It's special move is called HyperSPACE hole. But, we know, from the gen 4, that PALKIA is the spatial pokemon. Therefore, Pokemon PEARL comes to our minds.


    Because the mythical pokemon are the last ones in each generation, I think these are huge hints that we will be getting DPPt remakes during the next generation of Pokemon (Generation VII).

    So, what do you guys think?

    I hope you enjoy!!!
    Um...it won't happen. They would never release D/P remakes before the R/S remakes. And, personally, I don't think we 'll get remakes from Gen IV and so on. And the R/S remakes' chances to happen are slim at this point.

  20. #2545
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MADEinGR View Post
    Hello friends,

    I just noticed something and I would like to share it with you!

    In my opinion, there are hidden references in the latest generation... References to the legendary Pokemon Dialga and Palkia and, thus, references back to the VI Generation!!!

    1. First, the mythical Pokemon #719 Diance, is the jewel pokemon. It has pink DIAMONDS on it. It can also create many DIAMONDS by compressing the carbon in the air between its hands. That's, in my opinion (always), is a direct reference to DIALGA and to Pokemon Diamond.

    2. Second, the mythical Pokemon #720 Hoopa, is a troublemaker that sends anything and everything to faraway places using its loop, which can wrap SPACE. It's special move is called HyperSPACE hole. But, we know, from the gen 4, that PALKIA is the spatial pokemon. Therefore, Pokemon PEARL comes to our minds.


    Because the mythical pokemon are the last ones in each generation, I think these are huge hints that we will be getting DPPt remakes during the next generation of Pokemon (Generation VII).

    So, what do you guys think?

    I hope you enjoy!!!
    I think that Diamond and Pearl remakes would be wholly unnecessary. But never minding that, references =/= remakes. If that were the case, then we'd be getting remakes for every Generation.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  21. #2546
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    87

    Default

    I'd probably think that Zygarde has 2 extra formes and all the formes of it can mega evolve with the 1 mega stone or it just gets 3 mega stones for itself or it fuses with Xerneas/Yveltal. I'd also think since Charizard and Mewtwo are the Mega Evolving poster guys, they get a Charizardite Z and Mewtwonite Z for the supposed Z,XZ,YZ,X2,Y2 or whatever the game is.
    Mii: Kaiyo [Friend Code is 1993-7286-9750. Friend Safari is Normal with ] PSN/Xbox Live/Steam/Twitter/ Youtube/Raptr/Twitch

  22. #2547
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Dead
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KaiyoOrganiz View Post
    I'd probably think that Zygarde has 2 extra formes and all the formes of it can mega evolve with the 1 mega stone or it just gets 3 mega stones for itself or it fuses with Xerneas/Yveltal. I'd also think since Charizard and Mewtwo are the Mega Evolving poster guys, they get a Charizardite Z and Mewtwonite Z for the supposed Z,XZ,YZ,X2,Y2 or whatever the game is.
    They already said no Gen 6 Pokémon would be getting Mega Evolutions, and I'm assuming this embargo extends for all of Generation VI. Zygarde having Mega Evolutions sounds like something from a fan fic. I think the "fuses with Xerneas/Yveltal" or just in general having two new formes which are influenced by items/Pokémon in the party/whatever routes are more plausible.

    Even with their huge popularity, I doubt Charizard and Mewtwo will ever receive more Mega Evolutions. They've pretty much exhausted everything they can do with them with the X [physically-orientated] and Y [specially-orientated] formes.



  23. #2548
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,665

    Default

    Them saying no Gen 6 Pokemon were getting Mega Evos was most likely for XY. It could very well happen in the next games if GF choose to do so.

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  24. #2549
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,341

    Default

    Yeah, I'm more inclined to believe that we'll get a second batch of Mega Evos (Mega Jynx was the only trademarked Mega not yet found in the games) for the sequel installments than Mega Charizard Z/Mega Mewtwo Z. (Sidenote: Hopefully that means Gen V would get some as well. Prayers for Mega Zoroark).
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

  25. #2550

    Default

    But if that's the case, why is there no data - no models, no Mega Stones, nothing - in X/Y for these unrevealed Megas as there is for Mega Latios and Mega Latias?

    That data has to be in there somewhere if X/Y are to be compatible in linked play with future Generation VI titles and it wouldn't make a ton of sense for any potential unrevealed Pokémon/Mega Evolutions to be confined to those future titles.

    They'll introduce that data via future patch, you say? Why not just include it in the first place, as Mega Latios/Latias were? Why include some future material but not all of it?

    There's just not a lot of logic right now that says we have more Pokémon or Mega Evolutions ahead in this generation.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Page 102 of 107 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •