Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 2655

Thread: Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post
    Why would the new formes/Mega learn Land's Wrath when there are 2 new Land's Wrath to be learned instead? Black/White Kyrem didn't learn Glaciate
    They had it explicitly removed from their movepool. Would Game Freak go to the trouble of explicitly ensuring new forms or Mega Evolutions of Zygarde are incapable of learning Land's Wrath?

I'm drawing conclusions based on what is already set.
    Because if Game Freak proved anything in the last two generations, it's how insistent they are to sticking exactly to formula and never deviating.

A Pokemon can change moves between games but never between 3 moves which are identical in almost every way
    When was the last time a Pokemon had three moves with identical typing/class/bp/acc/PP?

Has a Pokemon ever learned different level up moves between versions?
    GSC Ho-oh and Lugia couldn't learn their exclusive move in their opposite version, since there was no Move Reminder. Is there any reason Game Freak can't do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    They had it explicitly removed from their movepool. Would Game Freak go to the trouble of explicitly ensuring new forms or Mega Evolutions of Zygarde are incapable of learning Land's Wrath?
    Yes they would since Glaciate & Scary Face were explicitly removed from Black/White Kyurem's moveset and those moves had almost nothing in common with what they got replaced with.

Because if Game Freak proved anything in the last two generations, it's how insistent they are to sticking exactly to formula and never deviating.
    So can't this new deviation set a standard for a future game to follow?

When was the last time a Pokemon had three moves with identical typing/class/bp/acc/PP?
    Never, but its that similarity why we can assume that one of the new moves will replace Land's Wrath. It won't have both at the same time much less all 3.

GSC Ho-oh and Lugia couldn't learn their exclusive move in their opposite version, since there was no Move Reminder. Is there any reason Game Freak can't do that?
    You do know this is a totally different case? Because they do learn the moves, its only because they're found at higher levels in the opposite version why they don't have access to the moves because they got overwritten. I'm talking like Black Kyurem being able to only learn Fusion Bolt and Freeze Shock ONLY on Black 2, that's what I meant by changing between versions.
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

Never, but its that similarity why we can assume that one of the new moves will replace Land's Wrath. It won't have both at the same time much less all 3.
    This is only assuming Zygarde gets some sort of transformation that actually allows it to switch formes outside battle. It isn't unreasonable to think that Land's Wrath could simply be a less powerful, unique signature moves it just keeps in its learn-set.

I'm talking like Black Kyurem being able to only learn Fusion Bolt and Freeze Shock ONLY on Black 2, that's what I meant by changing between versions.
    That would be a bit inconvenient. If ou have the needed pokemon/items/conditions, why shouldn't you be able to get certain moves on a Pokemon?
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    This is only assuming Zygarde gets some sort of transformation that actually allows it to switch formes outside battle. It isn't unreasonable to think that Land's Wrath could simply be a less powerful, unique signature moves it just keeps in its learn-set.
    No it's not but the new moves are the same BP as the previous. If they were a higher BP, 100/120/140, then we could say it can be a level 100 move just like Zekrom and Reshiram got a new signature move with a higher BP at level 100. But they could also do that since it learns LW at level 26, it can learn one of the new moves at level 50 or so but I don't see why they would make it have access to both moves at the same time when the new moves are an improved version of the previous.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    That would be a bit inconvenient. If ou have the needed pokemon/items/conditions, why shouldn't you be able to get certain moves on a Pokemon?
    Which is my point. There's no way GF would make it that a Pokemon would only get a move on one version of the game and not the other.
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

Friend Safari:

Yes they would since Glaciate & Scary Face were explicitly removed from Black/White Kyurem's moveset and those moves had almost nothing in common with what they got replaced with.
    I'm talking about removing them just to remove them and make sure there's no possible way you could ever get a Mega Zygarde or whatever with Land's Wrath.

How far do you think Game Freak wants to go in ensuring that that's the case?

Because they do learn the moves, its only because they're found at higher levels in the opposite version why they don't have access to the moves because they got overwritten.
    How Game Freak made the moves inaccessible is irrelevant; the fact is that Gold Lugia cannot have Aeroblast, and Silver Ho-oh cannot have Sacred Fire. That was clearly intentional.

I'm talking about removing them just to remove them and make sure there's no possible way you could ever get a Mega Zygarde or whatever with Land's Wrath.
    We'll see when the new game comes.

How far do you think Game Freak wants to go in ensuring that that's the case?
    We'll see when the new game comes.

How Game Freak made the moves inaccessible is irrelevant; the fact is that Gold Lugia cannot have Aeroblast, and Silver Ho-oh cannot have Sacred Fire. That was clearly intentional.
    I doubt that it was intentional because in HG & SS you can find both with their signature moves, so it seems as if it was an oversight back in Gen II.
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

Friend Safari:

I have to say that it is incredibly unlikely that Zygarde would get a mega evolution since, to my understanding, Game freak said that no 6th gen pokémon would get mega evolutions.

I feel that what happens with Zygarde will be similar to Giritina and White/Black Kyrum. It can get a different form change depending on what area of the world it is in or what item it's holding, like Giritina. Then like what happens in White/Black Kyrum its signiture move would just change into its new one if it had its signature move learned. Those are just my thoughts about Zygarde
    Safari=Normal

Quote Originally Posted by Rexitron View Post
    I have to say that it is incredibly unlikely that Zygarde would get a mega evolution since, to my understanding, Game freak said that no 6th gen pokémon would get mega evolutions.
    At least not before gen 5 gets some Mega Evolutions.

But I'm wondering if Zygarde gets something similar to what Kyurem got in Black2/White2, shouldn't the RAM dump have found something relating to it? Its fusion models, or maybe even just the item used to fuse him with the other legendaries (assuming he will use an item)?

Quote Originally Posted by Milennin View Post
    At least not before gen 5 gets some Mega Evolutions.

But I'm wondering if Zygarde gets something similar to what Kyurem got in Black2/White2, shouldn't the RAM dump have found something relating to it? Its fusion models, or maybe even just the item used to fuse him with the other legendaries (assuming he will use an item)?
    No.

Black/White also had zero models for BWKyurem, and only one place-holder, whereas most other Pokémon who received Forme Changes (eg. Kami Trio) did not have said placeholders, yet we're still functionable.

DNA Splicer also didn't exist in BW, and nothing pointed to Griseous Orb going to exist in DP Dumps, either.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    No.

Black/White also had zero models for BWKyurem, and only one place-holder, whereas most other Pokémon who received Forme Changes (eg. Kami Trio) did not have said placeholders, yet we're still functionable.

DNA Splicer also didn't exist in BW, and nothing pointed to Griseous Orb going to exist in DP Dumps, either.
    We had the God Stone, remember? The ''supposed Kyurem stone'' since it was gray in coloration.

Which was an abandoned code item and ultimately ended up playing no role in either game.

I believe the point being made, and accurately being made as it was the first time it was made, is that while we are able to know that something awaits Zygarde in whatever the next Kalos title(s) end(s) up being, we lack the necessary perspective and information at this point in time to discern exactly what that is. Just as looking at the same minimal information regarding Kyurem in B/W's coding would not - and did not - reveal to us exactly what was up with Kyurem in Unova's future installments.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

The new attacks (thousand arrows/ thousand waves) are more convincing that there will be sequels, not a 3rd version.

Quote Originally Posted by Poke_Spirit View Post
    The new attacks (thousand arrows/ thousand waves) are more convincing that there will be sequels, not a 3rd version.
    How so? Care to elaborate? We just know that these are powerful Ground-type moves that fit Zygarde.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    How so? Care to elaborate? We just know that these are powerful Ground-type moves that fit Zygarde.
    Given there are two of them with the same type for the same Pokemon with the exact same Attack Power and being awfully similar with each other in naming and animation, it seems pretty obvious what Game Freak has in store for us.

Just randomly joining the argument, but we have to assume Zygarde will have some sort of change in the next game whether it be a form, or just a simple new move to learn. Judging by Zygarde's Pokedex entries, we can assume something is going to happen that will allow Zygarde to access these new moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    Given there are two of them with the same type for the same Pokemon with the exact same Attack Power and being awfully similar with each other in naming and animation, it seems pretty obvious what Game Freak has in store for us.
    Did I miss something? Where/when did this become known?

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Did I miss something? Where/when did this become known?
    They were hacked in to a game and the footage uploaded to YouTube. Their animation involves displays of green hexagons, erasing what minimal ambiguity there might have been about which Pokémon is designed to learn them.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    They were hacked in to a game and the footage uploaded to YouTube. Their animation involves displays of green hexagons, erasing what minimal ambiguity there might have been about which Pokémon is designed to learn them.
    I imagined that was how it was done; I just had no idea that it had been done. Seeing as you took the time to explain what the footage showed, I presume it's no longer on Youtube?

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    I am aware of this, that's why I said the moves are Zygarde's.
    I'm also aware of the possibility that Zygarde may receive two formes/Mega evo, but my question is... what exactly points to a "SEQUEL" based on this information alone?

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

If not sequels, the presence of those moves does at least hint at two "third games" instead of just one. Since I kind of doubt that they'd stick two signature moves on one Pokemon... well, two signature moves of the same type, anyway.

Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

does mewtwo have perfect IVs? bc I fought the one in my game and the iv judge says that he has outstanding IVs all arround specially in hp, spec Att, spec def, and speed... pls respond

All unbreedable Pokemon have at least three flawless IVs.

Hoopa event cracked

SPOILER: It's not the Chamber of Emptiness.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

so im guessing we wont be able to battle these legendaries? we will receive them through mystery gift?
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107 LastLast