Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 2655

Thread: Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

  1. #2576
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The maze that pays
    Posts
    10,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post
    Why would the new formes/Mega learn Land's Wrath when there are 2 new Land's Wrath to be learned instead? Black/White Kyrem didn't learn Glaciate
    They had it explicitly removed from their movepool. Would Game Freak go to the trouble of explicitly ensuring new forms or Mega Evolutions of Zygarde are incapable of learning Land's Wrath?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post
    I'm drawing conclusions based on what is already set.
    Because if Game Freak proved anything in the last two generations, it's how insistent they are to sticking exactly to formula and never deviating.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post
    A Pokemon can change moves between games but never between 3 moves which are identical in almost every way
    When was the last time a Pokemon had three moves with identical typing/class/bp/acc/PP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post
    Has a Pokemon ever learned different level up moves between versions?
    GSC Ho-oh and Lugia couldn't learn their exclusive move in their opposite version, since there was no Move Reminder. Is there any reason Game Freak can't do that?

  2. #2577
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    They had it explicitly removed from their movepool. Would Game Freak go to the trouble of explicitly ensuring new forms or Mega Evolutions of Zygarde are incapable of learning Land's Wrath?
    Yes they would since Glaciate & Scary Face were explicitly removed from Black/White Kyurem's moveset and those moves had almost nothing in common with what they got replaced with.


    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Because if Game Freak proved anything in the last two generations, it's how insistent they are to sticking exactly to formula and never deviating.
    So can't this new deviation set a standard for a future game to follow?


    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    When was the last time a Pokemon had three moves with identical typing/class/bp/acc/PP?
    Never, but its that similarity why we can assume that one of the new moves will replace Land's Wrath. It won't have both at the same time much less all 3.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    GSC Ho-oh and Lugia couldn't learn their exclusive move in their opposite version, since there was no Move Reminder. Is there any reason Game Freak can't do that?
    You do know this is a totally different case? Because they do learn the moves, its only because they're found at higher levels in the opposite version why they don't have access to the moves because they got overwritten. I'm talking like Black Kyurem being able to only learn Fusion Bolt and Freeze Shock ONLY on Black 2, that's what I meant by changing between versions.
    Planned OR Team:


    Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

    3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

  3. #2578
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep, Deep, Desert
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post



    Never, but its that similarity why we can assume that one of the new moves will replace Land's Wrath. It won't have both at the same time much less all 3.
    This is only assuming Zygarde gets some sort of transformation that actually allows it to switch formes outside battle. It isn't unreasonable to think that Land's Wrath could simply be a less powerful, unique signature moves it just keeps in its learn-set.

    I'm talking like Black Kyurem being able to only learn Fusion Bolt and Freeze Shock ONLY on Black 2, that's what I meant by changing between versions.
    That would be a bit inconvenient. If ou have the needed pokemon/items/conditions, why shouldn't you be able to get certain moves on a Pokemon?
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

    Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

  4. #2579
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    This is only assuming Zygarde gets some sort of transformation that actually allows it to switch formes outside battle. It isn't unreasonable to think that Land's Wrath could simply be a less powerful, unique signature moves it just keeps in its learn-set.
    No it's not but the new moves are the same BP as the previous. If they were a higher BP, 100/120/140, then we could say it can be a level 100 move just like Zekrom and Reshiram got a new signature move with a higher BP at level 100. But they could also do that since it learns LW at level 26, it can learn one of the new moves at level 50 or so but I don't see why they would make it have access to both moves at the same time when the new moves are an improved version of the previous.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    That would be a bit inconvenient. If ou have the needed pokemon/items/conditions, why shouldn't you be able to get certain moves on a Pokemon?
    Which is my point. There's no way GF would make it that a Pokemon would only get a move on one version of the game and not the other.
    Planned OR Team:


    Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

    3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

  5. #2580
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The maze that pays
    Posts
    10,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post
    Yes they would since Glaciate & Scary Face were explicitly removed from Black/White Kyurem's moveset and those moves had almost nothing in common with what they got replaced with.
    I'm talking about removing them just to remove them and make sure there's no possible way you could ever get a Mega Zygarde or whatever with Land's Wrath.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post
    Never, but its that similarity why we can assume that one of the new moves will replace Land's Wrath. It won't have both at the same time much less all 3.
    How far do you think Game Freak wants to go in ensuring that that's the case?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post
    Because they do learn the moves, its only because they're found at higher levels in the opposite version why they don't have access to the moves because they got overwritten.
    How Game Freak made the moves inaccessible is irrelevant; the fact is that Gold Lugia cannot have Aeroblast, and Silver Ho-oh cannot have Sacred Fire. That was clearly intentional.

  6. #2581
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I'm talking about removing them just to remove them and make sure there's no possible way you could ever get a Mega Zygarde or whatever with Land's Wrath.
    We'll see when the new game comes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    How far do you think Game Freak wants to go in ensuring that that's the case?
    We'll see when the new game comes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    How Game Freak made the moves inaccessible is irrelevant; the fact is that Gold Lugia cannot have Aeroblast, and Silver Ho-oh cannot have Sacred Fire. That was clearly intentional.
    I doubt that it was intentional because in HG & SS you can find both with their signature moves, so it seems as if it was an oversight back in Gen II.
    Planned OR Team:


    Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

    3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

  7. #2582
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I have to say that it is incredibly unlikely that Zygarde would get a mega evolution since, to my understanding, Game freak said that no 6th gen pokémon would get mega evolutions.

    I feel that what happens with Zygarde will be similar to Giritina and White/Black Kyrum. It can get a different form change depending on what area of the world it is in or what item it's holding, like Giritina. Then like what happens in White/Black Kyrum its signiture move would just change into its new one if it had its signature move learned. Those are just my thoughts about Zygarde
    Safari=Normal

  8. #2583
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexitron View Post
    I have to say that it is incredibly unlikely that Zygarde would get a mega evolution since, to my understanding, Game freak said that no 6th gen pokémon would get mega evolutions.
    At least not before gen 5 gets some Mega Evolutions.

    But I'm wondering if Zygarde gets something similar to what Kyurem got in Black2/White2, shouldn't the RAM dump have found something relating to it? Its fusion models, or maybe even just the item used to fuse him with the other legendaries (assuming he will use an item)?

  9. #2584
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milennin View Post
    At least not before gen 5 gets some Mega Evolutions.

    But I'm wondering if Zygarde gets something similar to what Kyurem got in Black2/White2, shouldn't the RAM dump have found something relating to it? Its fusion models, or maybe even just the item used to fuse him with the other legendaries (assuming he will use an item)?
    No.

    Black/White also had zero models for BWKyurem, and only one place-holder, whereas most other Pokémon who received Forme Changes (eg. Kami Trio) did not have said placeholders, yet we're still functionable.

    DNA Splicer also didn't exist in BW, and nothing pointed to Griseous Orb going to exist in DP Dumps, either.

  10. #2585
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Hoenn, Battle Resort
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    No.

    Black/White also had zero models for BWKyurem, and only one place-holder, whereas most other Pokémon who received Forme Changes (eg. Kami Trio) did not have said placeholders, yet we're still functionable.

    DNA Splicer also didn't exist in BW, and nothing pointed to Griseous Orb going to exist in DP Dumps, either.
    We had the God Stone, remember? The ''supposed Kyurem stone'' since it was gray in coloration.

  11. #2586

    Default

    Which was an abandoned code item and ultimately ended up playing no role in either game.

    I believe the point being made, and accurately being made as it was the first time it was made, is that while we are able to know that something awaits Zygarde in whatever the next Kalos title(s) end(s) up being, we lack the necessary perspective and information at this point in time to discern exactly what that is. Just as looking at the same minimal information regarding Kyurem in B/W's coding would not - and did not - reveal to us exactly what was up with Kyurem in Unova's future installments.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  12. #2587
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    44

    Default

    The new attacks (thousand arrows/ thousand waves) are more convincing that there will be sequels, not a 3rd version.

  13. #2588
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poke_Spirit View Post
    The new attacks (thousand arrows/ thousand waves) are more convincing that there will be sequels, not a 3rd version.
    How so? Care to elaborate? We just know that these are powerful Ground-type moves that fit Zygarde.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  14. #2589
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Hoenn, Battle Resort
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    How so? Care to elaborate? We just know that these are powerful Ground-type moves that fit Zygarde.
    Given there are two of them with the same type for the same Pokemon with the exact same Attack Power and being awfully similar with each other in naming and animation, it seems pretty obvious what Game Freak has in store for us.

  15. #2590
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Just randomly joining the argument, but we have to assume Zygarde will have some sort of change in the next game whether it be a form, or just a simple new move to learn. Judging by Zygarde's Pokedex entries, we can assume something is going to happen that will allow Zygarde to access these new moves.

  16. #2591
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    Given there are two of them with the same type for the same Pokemon with the exact same Attack Power and being awfully similar with each other in naming and animation, it seems pretty obvious what Game Freak has in store for us.
    Did I miss something? Where/when did this become known?

  17. #2592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Did I miss something? Where/when did this become known?
    They were hacked in to a game and the footage uploaded to YouTube. Their animation involves displays of green hexagons, erasing what minimal ambiguity there might have been about which Pokémon is designed to learn them.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  18. #2593
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    They were hacked in to a game and the footage uploaded to YouTube. Their animation involves displays of green hexagons, erasing what minimal ambiguity there might have been about which Pokémon is designed to learn them.
    I imagined that was how it was done; I just had no idea that it had been done. Seeing as you took the time to explain what the footage showed, I presume it's no longer on Youtube?

  19. #2594

    Default



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  20. #2595
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    Given there are two of them with the same type for the same Pokemon with the exact same Attack Power and being awfully similar with each other in naming and animation, it seems pretty obvious what Game Freak has in store for us.
    I am aware of this, that's why I said the moves are Zygarde's.
    I'm also aware of the possibility that Zygarde may receive two formes/Mega evo, but my question is... what exactly points to a "SEQUEL" based on this information alone?

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  21. #2596
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mt. Coronet
    Posts
    329

    Default

    If not sequels, the presence of those moves does at least hint at two "third games" instead of just one. Since I kind of doubt that they'd stick two signature moves on one Pokemon... well, two signature moves of the same type, anyway.

    Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

    Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

  22. #2597
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    does mewtwo have perfect IVs? bc I fought the one in my game and the iv judge says that he has outstanding IVs all arround specially in hp, spec Att, spec def, and speed... pls respond

  23. #2598
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The maze that pays
    Posts
    10,013

    Default

    All unbreedable Pokemon have at least three flawless IVs.

  24. #2599
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Hoopa event cracked

    SPOILER: It's not the Chamber of Emptiness.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  25. #2600
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    884

    Default

    so im guessing we wont be able to battle these legendaries? we will receive them through mystery gift?
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •