Page 11 of 107 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    It is true about the 3 random ivs being 31, i have been trying to get a modest or timid one, and it easy to tell

201/151/115/151/118/119

These are the 31 iv neutral nature stats for each stat.
    Alright. Yeah, that HP and Attack perfectly match what mine has, but since Oblivion Wing is special, I'm quite disappointed with a 0 in Special Attack. Since it's Hasty, though, I'd hope a mixed set is viable. The stats seem to imply that, at least.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

What do you think about yveltal, what you believe is the best nature for him? i'm not sure, his atack seems it is the best he have...
    PD: sorry if my english is not very good XP

Do we know Zygarde's complete learnset? I plan on catching it soon, and may put it to use. Going for an Adamant one!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    I liked having a lot of Legendary Pokémon since I've always been more interested in the story than anything else, but I'm not upset by the shortage of them in Gen VI.
    I don't see why is it that lore can only be spun with Legendary Pokemon, and not say, non-legendary Pokemon that varies slightly from their normal-looking counterparts. Red Gyarados for example.

And the mega evolutions function somewhat as both Pokemon that are boosted to Legendary status (according to an interview somewhere?) as well as new content for old Pokemon.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

These legendaries are so underwhelming(maybe not Yveltal). They have barely any access to TMs, and their level up moves are pretty bad. The only good moves my Xerneas has learned are Geomancy, Moonblast, and TM from Thunderbolt. Zygarde on the other hand learns relatively NO TMs. I'm basically stuck with the exact same moves it learned when I caught it, except I replaced Camouflage with Land's Power. So much disappointment...hopefully they can learn some of the good TMs I haven't found yet (Flash Cannon, Energy Ball, or Flamethrower to name a few).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    I don't see why is it that lore can only be spun with Legendary Pokemon, and not say, non-legendary Pokemon that varies slightly from their normal-looking counterparts. Red Gyarados for example.
    I didn't say that it couldn't...?
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I have a friend who was absolutely livid when Zygarde was revealed to be without a poison typing and TBH I can't really blame him because it is a snake.

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshino View Post
    I have a friend who was absolutely livid when Zygarde was revealed to be without a poison typing and TBH I can't really blame him because it is a snake.
    Only about a quarter of the world's snakes are venomous, you know.
    Last edited by Endolise; 15th October 2013 at 6:15 AM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Xerneas is a freaking beast in the League xD

I didn't say that it couldn't...?
    Your previous statement seem to imply that there's more story when there's more legendary, which I thought was a pretty weak reason to churn out more legendaries, hence my comment.

Probably because venomous snakes sound more impressive and deadly, especially with the current buff to Poison type.
    Last edited by Hidden Power; 15th October 2013 at 7:13 AM.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.

Actually I didn't know that.

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

Your previous statement seem to imply that there's more story when there's more legendary, which I thought was a pretty weak reason to churn out more legendaries, hence my comment.
    It's not a necessity, but for the most part legendaries did contribute to the lore and mythology of the region, which very few non-legendaries match. There's definitely more a mystery and interest when you have things like the Regis around compared to say, Dragonite. So the lack of them is disappointing, but c'est la vie, it's not something that's going to kill its character.

Probably because venomous snakes sound more impressive and deadly, especially with the current buff to Poison type.
    To be honest, with snakes like Pythons around, they don't need to be poisonous to be imposing or impressive.

Also, Poison's buff is not that great considering Steel stole its thunder being a much more impressive type offensively and defensively.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 15th October 2013 at 8:08 AM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

There is another Legendary pokemon in X & Y it's name is Zygarde... man, I think there will be Pokemon Z

"Pokeballs are red, water is blue, I came here to search for you and I will catch you!"
    ~brendan25

Current Team in Pokemon Y:

3DS FC: 2895-7891-8754

Any clue on how to catch the Birds?
    Current Shiny Hunt:

Abra - 14 Boxes

Next Hunt:

Aron
    Ludicolo

have you beaten the Elite Four.... I think it will appear after you beaten the Elite Four

"Pokeballs are red, water is blue, I came here to search for you and I will catch you!"
    ~brendan25

Quote Originally Posted by brendan25 View Post
    have you beaten the Elite Four.... I think it will appear after you beaten the Elite Four
    Yes but it runs away instantly.

Shadow Tag doesn't work.
    Current Shiny Hunt:

Abra - 14 Boxes

Next Hunt:

Aron
    Ludicolo

Quote Originally Posted by Cmack102 View Post

Shadow Tag doesn't work.
    You have to chase them to Sea Spirit' Den, I am not sure if it is a set amount of encounters(12) or you just have to make them move to the place, but I think it is the former.

And for Shraeder, here is Zygarde's learnset. Most interesting things it gets are Sludge Wave, Grass Knot and Focus Blast.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Shadow Tag doesn't work.

You need to encounter it a dozen times, then it will fly to the Sea Spirit's Den where you can fight him.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    You need to encounter it a dozen times, then it will fly to the Sea Spirit's Den where you can fight him.
    Thanks for the clarification :3
    Current Shiny Hunt:

Abra - 14 Boxes

Next Hunt:

Aron
    Ludicolo

try quick ball

~brendan25

Thanks for the clarification :3
    That's what I found while googling. I will hunt and try it tonight.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

For yveltal what you think is the best nature żtimid or modest?

Same question as Punkypie but for Xerneas Would a Timid or Modest Xerneas be best?

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    It's not a necessity, but for the most part legendaries did contribute to the lore and mythology of the region, which very few non-legendaries match. There's definitely more a mystery and interest when you have things like the Regis around compared to say, Dragonite. So the lack of them is disappointing, but c'est la vie, it's not something that's going to kill its character.
    Uh, why would substituting the Regis with a Dragonite be less interesting? It could be unique in terms of appearance. It could be non-tradeable. It could have exclusive moves and abilities. It could belong to a famous trainer and has a fixed nickname. And none of these traits could be passed down by breeding. I don't think only new, non-breeding, 580 BST Pokemon can achieve the same impact. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    To be honest, with snakes like Pythons around, they don't need to be poisonous to be imposing or impressive.

Also, Poison's buff is not that great considering Steel stole its thunder being a much more impressive type offensively and defensively.
    For me it's not really a matter of whether the giant snake should be Dragon or Poison type; looks to me like either one would have function equally well. I'm more amused by the fact that after introducing a whole new type to curb Dragons, we have yet another Dragon Legendary. I'm still of the opinion that it's not the type itself that's overpowered, but the overall high BST of dragon types that contributes to the notion.

Of course one thing led to another, gotta have a new Fairy type to curb Dragon, gotta have a couple of types to curb Fairy, and at the end of the day Poison still received the short end of the stick.
    Last edited by Hidden Power; 15th October 2013 at 9:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by punkypie View Post
    For yveltal what you think is the best nature żtimid or modest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cingen View Post
    Same question as Punkypie but for Xerneas Would a Timid or Modest Xerneas be best?
    Timid is better. Modest is still very good, though.

They both have equal Sp. Atk/Atk stats, but they both have larger Special movepool, mostly in STABs.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Page 11 of 107 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast