Page 12 of 107 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Timid is better. Modest is still very good, though.

They both have equal Sp. Atk/Atk stats, but they both have larger Special movepool, mostly in STABs.
    So timid is surely the way to go? My gut feeling always told me modest.. thank god you saved me from that Busy working on a synchronize umbreon / espeon to help me out with the natures I was edging towards Modest since Timid is a very binary stat, you're either faster or slower. I just assumed that geomancy would boost me to the positive side no matter what even with a modest nature
    Last edited by Cingen; 15th October 2013 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Timid is better. Modest is still very good, though.

They both have equal Sp. Atk/Atk stats, but they both have larger Special movepool, mostly in STABs.

Thank you, i will capture timid Yveltal as you say :3

So what event Pokemon do we think we'll get? I'm going to go out and say we'll get an event for a Pokemon we don't know yet - as they usually do, and iirc they did with Victini. And this is more of a hope than an expectation, but Mew.
    3DS FC: 4038-7225-8781

So no one has answered the question of whether Xerneas or Yveltal can be shiny. Does anyone know? Am I soft reseting for nothing?
    FC: 5343 - 8655 - 7879
    Y IGN: Kenny
    αS IGN: Gohan

Credit: Azulart for the gym badges

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGohan View Post
    So no one has answered the question of whether Xerneas or Yveltal can be shiny. Does anyone know? Am I soft reseting for nothing?
    Something told me they were locked. I don't think you can get them shiny. They're almost clones of Zekrom and Reshiram.

So once I got my near Perfect Bold Xerneas. I was happy enough.
    30 IVs in HP, and 31 in Def, Sp Atk, and Sp Def? Fine by me.
    My Xerneas is sooo boss
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGohan View Post
    It looks to be the latter, unfortunately.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    Uh, why would substituting the Regis with a Dragonite be less interesting? It could be unique in terms of appearance. It could be non-tradeable. It could have exclusive moves and abilities. It could belong to a famous trainer and has a fixed nickname. And none of these traits could be passed down by breeding. I don't think only new, non-breeding, 580 BST Pokemon can achieve the same impact. But that's just me.
    In terms of story, yes Dragonite would be less interesting then the Regis based on what's been established for those characters as Dragonite is not built up to be this incredible creature as much like the Regis. I can see what you're trying to get at here, something like Hercules where it's better then the ordinary and established in legend, but not necessarily a high rank monster or a god, but I do feel that it becomes a bit of a balancing act as you want it to be special but not too special as you might as well make it legendary considering it'll be heads above the rest.

I guess it just comes down to how they handle the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    For me it's not really a matter of whether the giant snake should be Dragon or Poison type; looks to me like either one would have function equally well. I'm more amused by the fact that after introducing a whole new type to curb Dragons, we have yet another Dragon Legendary. I'm still of the opinion that it's not the type itself that's overpowered, but the overall high BST of dragon types that contributes to the notion.

Of course one thing led to another, gotta have a new Fairy type to curb Dragon, gotta have a couple of types to curb Fairy, and at the end of the day Poison still received the short end of the stick.
    I personally feel GF dropped the ball in terms of balancing dragons, but that's for another topic. Overall, I think the reason we have another Dragon legendary is connected to the base mythological lore so balance may've been secondary for it in terms of planning, but even so it may've not been the best considering that balance issue.

Hopefully Poison does get its legendary, but it'll probably be an event legendary like Deoxys.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 15th October 2013 at 4:18 PM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Mays View Post
    So what event Pokemon do we think we'll get? I'm going to go out and say we'll get an event for a Pokemon we don't know yet - as they usually do, and iirc they did with Victini. And this is more of a hope than an expectation, but Mew.
    I Think there will be Three Event Pokémon. I'd like it to be like this:

Fairy/Water: The one from the 'Sea Spirit Den', or whatever it was called. Some tiny mermaid Pokémon or similar.
    Bug/Dark: the 'Evil' Pokémon, a Pokémon said to be Pure Evil. Can change from Bug/Dark to Bug/Fairy (the 'Good' version).
    Poison: The Mewtwo/Darkrai/Genesect/etc of this Gen, a Legendary 'Pollution' Pokémon.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    Something told me they were locked. I don't think you can get them shiny. They're almost clones of Zekrom and Reshiram.
    Well that sucks. Thanks.
    FC: 5343 - 8655 - 7879
    Y IGN: Kenny
    αS IGN: Gohan

Credit: Azulart for the gym badges

Is it confirmed that Yveltal and Xerneas cannot be shin? (
    Am I getting it right and we will know how many legendaries are in Gen VI once the guide book gets printed?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZbYxqLL4p0 - Sonic the hedgehog amazing collab GMV
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJce1evEhPo - Great Mewtwo AMV

Quote Originally Posted by ArtFenix View Post
    Is it confirmed that Yveltal and Xerneas cannot be shin? (
    It has not been confirmed, but it is extremely probable that they cannot be Shiny.

Am I getting it right and we will know how many legendaries are in Gen VI once the guide book gets printed?
    The guide book will only include Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde since any other Gen VI Legendary Pokémon would be reserved for event distributions and would not be revealed until it were time to distribute them.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    It has not been confirmed, but it is extremely probable that they cannot be Shiny.
    Argh(( What's even the point in this? I mean, there are so many shiny hunters out there and I've recently successfully SR-ed for a shiny Kyurem (made a YT video even) and the feeling of encountering a shiny legendary is so great! Why are they doing this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZbYxqLL4p0 - Sonic the hedgehog amazing collab GMV
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJce1evEhPo - Great Mewtwo AMV

Argh(( What's even the point in this? I mean, there are so many shiny hunters out there and I've recently successfully SR-ed for a shiny Kyurem (made a YT video even) and the feeling of encountering a shiny legendary is so great! Why are they doing this?
    Storyline consistency (which went a bit out of the window in B2W2 with Kyurem's possible Shininess) and reserving the Shiny colorations for potential event distributions, probably.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

On that topic of shiny locks, would it be safe to assume Zygarde functions like Kyurem in that it's not shiny locked? There's no story relevance, so I don't see why it would be locked. I'd love to go for a shiny Zygarde, honestly.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    On that topic of shiny locks, would it be safe to assume Zygarde functions like Kyurem in that it's not shiny locked? There's no story relevance, so I don't see why it would be locked. I'd love to go for a shiny Zygarde, honestly.
    I would imagine that your presumption is correct and that Zygarde, like Kyurem, is not Shiny locked.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

I would imagine that your presumption is correct and that Zygarde, like Kyurem, is not Shiny locked.
    Of course, there are other things I could do besides that, but if no one else goes for it, I guess I'll figure that out. or find out it's locked and have wasted my time
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Daw, I got a Modest Xerneas with this as it's IV spread

27/19/31/4/31/31

Still, perfect IV's in speed/defenses/HP is always good and looking at the numbers, it still does a hefty amount of damage to specially defensive Kyogre unboosted. :3

EDIT: I'm running this off what Smogon found as it's base stats:

126/131/95/131/98/99
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

Apparently there are 5 more event legends.

A bipedal goat
    A blue wolf
    A green bird
    A squirrel like thing
    A sea spirit.

Heard this off someone who said they got the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post

A bipedal goat
    A blue wolf
    A green bird
    A squirrel like thing
    A sea spirit.

Except the guides don't usually mention event exclusive Legendaries until they're officially revealed by Nintendo. Which is why I find this hard to believe. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Except the guides don't usually mention event exclusive Legendaries until they're officially revealed by Nintendo. Which is why I find this hard to believe. :x
    Not only that, but I'm pretty sure that the guides aren't even out yet. I was told that I wouldn't be able to get mine until the 17th.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

I don't know if it was already discussed but [SPOILER]Az's floette looks different from the others(his flower resembles the ultimate weapon) and he was granted eternal life so i guess he could be the pixie 600 bst of gen VI[/SPOILER]

Wasn't there some picture of a red Xerneas floating around the Intergoogle? Or was that yet another Photoshop?

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post

A bipedal goat
    A blue wolf
    A green bird
    A squirrel like thing
    A sea spirit.

This:

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Highly doubt the guide as any information on event Legendaries.

Not only that, but I'm pretty sure that the guides aren't even out yet. I was told that I wouldn't be able to get mine until the 17th.
    They're not out to the public, but stores likely have them.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I heard somewhere there's a theory that the event Legendary could be a ghost type, has there been anything more to substantiate that idea yet? I noticed in the parfum palace a guy talks about a book that has something to do with bringing dead pokemon back to life, which would fit in pretty neatly with the Norse mythology themed legendaries if they made the link to Ragnarok

Slappa da beeyuss

made by Buraddo_Aipom

Yorkshire is a place... Yorkshire is a state of mind

Quote Originally Posted by cazatron View Post
    I heard somewhere there's a theory that the event Legendary could be a ghost type, has there been anything more to substantiate that idea yet? I noticed in the parfum palace a guy talks about a book that has something to do with bringing dead pokemon back to life, which would fit in pretty neatly with the Norse mythology themed legendaries if they made the link to Ragnarok
    Well i found a ghost girl in lumiose city didn't know what to do.She said i'm not the right one or something.

Page 12 of 107 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast