Page 13 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    This:

Highly doubt the guide as any information on event Legendaries.

They're not out to the public, but stores likely have them.
    The guides are out today, I just picked mine up an hour ago.
    Proof: i.imgur.com/aHANtrh.jpg

Does Mewtwo learn any good physical Fighting moves?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

So, we've found out a lady shows you Suicune in the Laverre City Cafe, but has anyone mentioned Entei or Raikou? Because I found the guy who shows Entei in Anistar City, if you sit at the Counter.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    So, we've found out a lady shows you Suicune in the Laverre City Cafe, but has anyone mentioned Entei or Raikou? Because I found the guy who shows Entei in Anistar City, if you sit at the Counter.
    I went to Anistar and the guy at the counter showed me Eelektrik. Did you tip? Was it the first time?

Edit: Went back to where the lady showed Suicune, and now it's Hitmontop. We gotta speak to everyone, everyday.
    Last edited by Thoorium; 16th October 2013 at 2:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoorium View Post
    I went to Anistar and the guy at the counter showed me Eelektrik. Did you tip? Was it the first time?
    Really? This is interesting. I didn't tip him at all, and no one showed me Eelektrik. Just checked again, and he still shows me Entei. Maybe it varies by day or something?

EDIT: Wow, so we do need to check each day? Interesting. The same day I got someone to show me Suciune, Hitmontop was shown to me as well.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 16th October 2013 at 3:02 AM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Does anyone know the best way to encounter the legendary birds? Im currently tracking Zapdos atm but whenever i fly to the route its at it's already at another route :/

Quote Originally Posted by raazel View Post
    Does anyone know the best way to encounter the legendary birds? Im currently tracking Zapdos atm but whenever i fly to the route its at it's already at another route :/
    I personally keep flying to the same city over and over again (Dendemille Town in my favorite as it splits into 3 roads) until the bird is really close.

Really? This is interesting. I didn't tip him at all, and no one showed me Eelektrik. Just checked again, and he still shows me Entei. Maybe it varies by day or something?
    Most likely changes by day. I didn't get the same pokemons from yesterday. I wonder if we can get more "cool" pokemon from them.

On a note, the shop in Laverre City loves the number 10 too much for my taste.

Edit: Maybe explains (or was supposed to hint) the legendary bird encounter number?
    Last edited by Thoorium; 16th October 2013 at 3:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoorium View Post
    Most likely changes by day. I didn't get the same pokemons from yesterday. I wonder if we can get more "cool" pokemon from them.

On a note, the shop in Laverre City loves the number 10 too much for my taste.
    Yeah, the lady that showed Suicune yesterday showed me Porygon today. And the one who showed Hitmontop showed Kangaskhan today. Now it feels like most of these, if not all, are Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon? Or maybe we can see others like the Regis? This seems to be an interesting way to show us new Pokemon.

Yeah, the lady that showed Suicune yesterday showed me Porygon today. And the one who showed Hitmontop showed Kangaskhan today. Now it feels like most of these, if not all, are Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon? Or maybe we can see others like the Regis? This seems to be an interesting way to show us new Pokemon.
    I saw a Chandelure so it's not Gen 1/2 only. I feel like it will take a lot of time (and pokedollars) to build a full list.

Don't people usually look at the game code and at the graphics to discover events and hidden content? I'm finding it rather unusual that we don't know of any Event Pokemon yet, if there is any.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEew View Post
    Don't people usually look at the game code and at the graphics to discover events and hidden content? I'm finding it rather unusual that we don't know of any Event Pokemon yet, if there is any.
    normally yes, but hacking a 3ds game is impossible at the moment.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

Is anyone else finding these legendaries ridiculously easy to catch? I caught both Yveltal and Mewtwo with the first Ultra Ball I threw!

Quote Originally Posted by GildedScizor View Post
    Is anyone else finding these legendaries ridiculously easy to catch? I caught both Yveltal and Mewtwo with the first Ultra Ball I threw!
    I'm catching legendaries with Premier Balls to make them stand out a bit more.. :X Goes pretty smoothly, most I needed was 15, average is 7

Yveltal is storyline related he has to be easy,i got him with the second ultra ball,though i haven't tried mewtwo yet cause i want him with maxed IVs.Anyway my starter was chespin and i still haven't found Articuno,how long did it take you to find the bird?

Ok I swear I scoured this thread so I hope someone hasn't mentioned this already. But, I think there is a high possibility we'll be seeing Mew in this game, be it a major event even.
    I say this for two in-game reasons. 1st: Luminoise(sp?) city, art museum, king is painted with a mew.
    2nd: in the gateway between Laverre City and route 15, a back backer tells the story "about how, long ago, there was a Pokčmon that was much beloved by its king and how that Pokčmon ended up saving his life ... it was a fairy type."
    YES, I realise this is most likely referring to the obvious Xernias, but I think it's not out of the question it could be Mew. They've been doing plenty of retyping, additional typing with the added fairy type. Mew could now very well be Psychic/Fairy, or dare I say it, pure Fairy.
    It would suit it. Just something to chuck out there?

I think I recall reading that Yveltal/Xerneas come with 3 maxed IV's when caught, is this true?
    Pokemon X Pokemon Y

Xerneas and Yveltal have high catch rates since their capture is relevant to the plot (just like Reshiram and Zekrom in Gen V), so you could throw a regular Poké Ball at them with them in green health and you would still have a good chance of catching them.

Mewtwo was probably just a fluke.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Do Yveltal/Xerneas have the same theme as Zygarde?
    I don't want to raise my hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    Do Yveltal/Xerneas have the same theme as Zygarde?
    I don't want to raise my hopes.
    Yes, it is the same.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

All this storyline stuff doesn't really make sense. Giratina was story related but he still had a catch rate of 3.

Xerneas and Yveltal were easy catches for me as well. Zygarde took ~10 Pokeballs before I caught it in a Great Ball, while Mewtwo took <20 Pokeballs. I have seen a video though where the guy took 20 minutes to catch Mewtwo...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Considering that you can't fight the birds when they appear does that mean you can get different natures/IVs once they go to sea spirit's den or are they fixed the first time you see them?

Quote Originally Posted by Razo View Post
    I think I recall reading that Yveltal/Xerneas come with 3 maxed IV's when caught, is this true?
    All major legendaries in X/Y(Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde and Mewtwo) come with 3 perfect IVs. The only possible exception might be the Kanto Birds, but I don't think they have been checked at all yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Does Mewtwo learn any good physical Fighting moves?
    As of now, no. Unless you want to troll with Brick Break and Power-Up Punch.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    All this storyline stuff doesn't really make sense. Giratina was story related but he still had a catch rate of 3.
    Box macots with high catch rates started in Gen V, i.e. the Great Deconstructionist Reboot Era.

Also, the storyline in Platinum did not necessitate that you capture Giratina. The characters say that you can either capture it or defeat it, whereas in BW, you are pseudo-destined to battle N's dragon with your own, and in XY, Lysandre rages about how Xerneas/Yveltal would share their powers with a human (which wouldn't make sense if you hadn't captured it).
    Last edited by Endolise; 16th October 2013 at 7:14 PM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

My assumption was right. In Cyllage City's Cafe Terrace, someone showed me Raikou today. So that means that you can see one of each at each Cafe, depending on the day, it seems. Raikou in Cyllage City, Entei in Anistar City, and Suicune in Laverre City.

Page 13 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast