Page 14 of 107 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Does anyone know when Xerneas'/Yveltals Nature locks in?
    I found this method for faster soft resetting on Gamefaqs, but I don't know if it works without knowing when the Nature sets in for the final time:

• Encounter Xerneas or Yveltal as normal.
    • Run away using the Run option.
    • Go back to the Pokemon Center
    • Put all Pokemon in the PC. Take/Catch one Pokemon that can easily be KO'd in one shot at this level of the game.
    • Go back to where you ran from the Legendary..
    • SAVE HERE!!!
    • Encounter the Legendary and use a Master Ball.
    • Mash through the following 30 secondish cutscene.
    • Spoiler Battle
    • Do anything to get your Pokemon KO'd . This is easier using Yveltal since the Pokemon has a 120 STAB that it starts with.
    • After you faint you warp to the PC and you can check your stats there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugar View Post
    Considering that you can't fight the birds when they appear does that mean you can get different natures/IVs once they go to sea spirit's den or are they fixed the first time you see them?
    Would like to know that, too.
    If it locks in on first encounter, it would be extremely painful to get a good nature.
    Last edited by saldu; 16th October 2013 at 7:34 PM.

Ingame name: Elro
    FC: 2148-8231-4985
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Teddiursa Minccino 3rd: Ditto
    Friendlist currently full, can only sneak in people who have a straight-up better/more interesting safari than the ones I already have.

Holy god.... Zygarde is just so cool. I am capturing it atm. Do you think a master ball would be most appropriate? This thing is so much more badass than Mewtwo. Anyone know a good nature for Zygarde? I have been hearing adamant. It is so obvious Zygarde will have a new form. Same battle music, pokedex entry gives it way, and so does the stats. They are lower than Xerneas and Yveltal.

Question. When is the main Pokémon for the Movies usually revealed? I've forgot. Cuz' if this follows a patters, we should see a 'fairy' Legendary as the main one in the first XY Movie, and that means, Another new Pokémon!
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Question. When is the main Pokémon for the Movies usually revealed?
    The late winter or early spring would be a reasonable expectation, at the outset of preparation for the usual July movie release.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The late winter or early spring would be a reasonable expectation, at the outset of preparation for the usual July movie release.
    Thank you kindly for that. I hope in the earliest. The lack of Legendaries seen makes me wanna see a new one even more. ^^

I just hope one of the events will be Poison. It needs a legendary.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

lol, i freaked when the IV checker told me xerneas was outstanding with 3 perfect stats. if i had known earlier, i wouldve reset for better... lol

I ended up getting a Xerneas with a 31/31/28/12/31/30 (according to metalkid) ...that 12 is in special attack.. and its a quiet nature XD i have no clue what to do with it as far as EV training goes. does it learn a physical fairy move?

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Thank you kindly for that. I hope in the earliest. The lack of Legendaries seen makes me wanna see a new one even more. ^^

I just hope one of the events will be Poison. It needs a legendary.
    I too would like to see a poison legendary.

Also, Zygarde was a pain for me to catch as I always catch Legends in normal pokeballs, but since you can buy premier balls in bulk I decided to try it...42 balls later I got him lol
    3DS FC: 3496-9740-3964
    SHINYS (NOT FOR TRADE) : Wishcash (September 29th, 2009), Sliggoo (October 20th, 2013), Magmar (November 8th, 2013), Sliggoo (November 8th, 2013), Braixen (November 9th,2013), Frogadier (November 10th, 2013)

Guys I just wanted to ask something:
    It's true it's impossible to analyze the XY data like they did last games to discover the event legendaries?

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseLynx View Post
    It's true it's impossible to analyze the XY data like they did last games to discover the event legendaries?
    Yes, that is true. It is currently impossible to hack into the data of a 3DS game. However, somebody may very well figure out a way to do it in the future.
    Last edited by Endolise; 16th October 2013 at 10:55 PM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

That's the rumor. There is some guy on neogaf (or one of these game sites) that is trying to crack the complete X Y data, but no luck yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Yes, that is true. It is currently impossible to hack into the data of a 3DS game. However, somebody may very well figure out a way to do it in the future.
    Oh no....that means we will have to wait 2 years until nintendo lazily reveal them?

Default Yveltal EVs Question: Should I keep this Yveltal or go for Modest?

First off let me say I am very new to the deeper world of pokemon with ev training. Also I have searched and searched but can not figure out where to post this question, so apologies if this is the wrong place. I have not played and of the games since gold and silver (gen 2). Back then I pretty much only worried about "Do I have the cool ones?" That said I started diving in to looking up all I could prior to xy launching. I found all of this depth I never new existed, and then I got hooked, bought a 3ds a month ago, and have been playing the hell out of Y.

Anyway, my question is this: I am at the part where you catch Yveltal. After hours of soft resetting for a Modest, I have caught a Timid Yveltal with an Alert to Sounds characteristic.

His stats are:

Nature: Timid
    Characteristic: Alert to sounds

Hp: 201
    A: 133
    D: 115
    SpA: 150
    SpD: 118
    Speed: 130

Should I keep this guy or keep trying for a Modest Yveltal?

Thanks for the help! I apologize for my noob-ness!

Quote Originally Posted by arealmon View Post
    First off let me say I am very new to the deeper world of pokemon with ev training. Also I have searched and searched but can not figure out where to post this question, so apologies if this is the wrong place. I have not played and of the games since gold and silver (gen 2). Back then I pretty much only worried about "Do I have the cool ones?" That said I started diving in to looking up all I could prior to xy launching. I found all of this depth I never new existed, and then I got hooked, bought a 3ds a month ago, and have been playing the hell out of Y.

Anyway, my question is this: I am at the part where you catch Yveltal. After hours of soft resetting for a Modest, I have caught a Timid Yveltal with an Alert to Sounds characteristic.

His stats are:

Nature: Timid
    Characteristic: Alert to sounds

Hp: 201
    A: 133
    D: 115
    SpA: 150
    SpD: 118
    Speed: 130

Should I keep this guy or keep trying for a Modest Yveltal?

Thanks for the help! I apologize for my noob-ness!
    Yvetal, Xerneas, and Zygarde have 3 IVs always maxed. yours seems to be HP, def, and sp. def. BUT you are also one point away from max Sp.atk and also Max speed. KEEP IT, KEEP IT, KEEP IT. timid is actually preferabe to some extent because speed is very important in the metagame for offensive pokemon.

KEEP IT.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

Why does Yveltal have such a beast learnset compared to Xerneas and Zygarde? The best Special Attacking moves my Xerneas has learned are Moonblast, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Geomancy(To boost), and Flash Cannon. I wish it had learned Play Rough, that way I coulde go for a Physical movepool and use Horn Leech, Night Slash, Play Rough, and Close Combat.

And then we have Zygarde... Out of all the TMs I have acquired, Zygarde can only learn <5, and 3 of them are universal moves.... So disappointing...

EDIT: Actually, Zygarde isn't too bad level up wise. Outrage/Earthquake/ExtremeSpeed/Dragon Dance is a nice set.

EDIT2: Why the heck does Xerneas learn Outrage?! I can't believe it got so shafted... Why does it learn so many Physical attacks when its "Special Move" raises its Special Attack 2 stages?
    Last edited by Shraeder; 17th October 2013 at 4:23 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

So what I'm gathering is, I should keep it? Lol

In all seriousness though, thanks so much for the help! I saw his stats and I was like "hmm, I think there might be something to this one..."

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by arealmon View Post
    So what I'm gathering is, I should keep it? Lol

In all seriousness though, thanks so much for the help! I saw his stats and I was like "hmm, I think there might be something to this one..."

Thanks again!
    You should have Wonder Traded it!

I got negative reputation for saying Zygarde is more badass than Mewtwo. I cannot stop laughing. So I have been soft resetting Zygarde, and I was thinking of going adamant. Zygarde's special attack looks really underwhelming so far. I know for a fact that will change in the "3rd" version.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    I got negative reputation for saying Zygarde is more badass than Mewtwo. I cannot stop laughing. So I have been soft resetting Zygarde, and I was thinking of going adamant. Zygarde's special attack looks really underwhelming so far. I know for a fact that will change in the "3rd" version.
    Definitely go for Adamant/Jolly. Zygarde has access to Dragon Dance, Outrage, and Extremespeed through level up after you catch it, and knows Earthquake upon capture. I made the mistake of catching a Mild one since I thought it had good Special Attack and that Dragon Pulse was its only Dragon STAB.

There's many hints already in the game that we'll likely get DLC, such as the Strange Souvenir (Or possibly relating to a new game?). Also worth noting is that Gary (Or Blue) is supposed to be in the Kalos region, and the fact that 3 out of 4 doors to Kalos Power Plant are unable to be opened. I also suspect that the Anistar Clock will have more use than it already has.
    "I learned that this is the formula for changing the world. Accepting different ideas... "

we will have to wait 2 years until nintendo lazily reveal them?
    "Lazily"? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Crixxix View Post
    There's many hints already in the game that we'll likely get DLC, such as the Strange Souvenir (Or possibly relating to a new game?). Also worth noting is that Gary (Or Blue) is supposed to be in the Kalos region, and the fact that 3 out of 4 doors to Kalos Power Plant are unable to be opened. I also suspect that the Anistar Clock will have more use than it already has.
    This isn't a DLC franchise, and the people responsible for making those decisions are on the record repeatedly saying as much. Any content we have yet to find is in the form of event Pokémon, which is only DLC by a fairly narrow definition.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I just caught a Modest Xerneas with 201 health, 114 defense, 165 Sp Atk, 118 Sp Def and 119 speed.

Did I do good saving him? I was trying to get a perfect Xerneas for me for 2 days non stop and just got fed up with it.. The only downside this one has is only 28 or 29 Sp Atk IVs, but his defenses are pretty damn high giving him above average bulk.. Any opinions?

So i was talkin to the taxi guy in the main city and I never been to the Press before so i went and this lady told me about how the Head-Chief person left to go do something and left a note...I read it and it says she went looking for a "Mythical" pokemon on a mountain but to my knowledge of the legendaries of this season...none are on mountains....2 are in labs (Xerneas Yveltal) and the rest are in caves (Articuno/Moltres/Zapdos/Mewtwo/Zygarde) So does anybody know who she is talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Cingen View Post
    I just caught a Modest Xerneas with 201 health, 114 defense, 165 Sp Atk, 118 Sp Def and 119 speed.

Did I do good saving him? I was trying to get a perfect Xerneas for me for 2 days non stop and just got fed up with it.. The only downside this one has is only 28 or 29 Sp Atk IVs, but his defenses are pretty damn high giving him above average bulk.. Any opinions?
    The nature is good and if you are fine with the IVs, I don't see much of a problem, especially since you likely won't be using the Attack stat in this generation. I thought there might be a problem with the Speed, but it seems that it has 30 IV in that regard, if not perfect. So keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1op View Post
    So i was talkin to the taxi guy in the main city and I never been to the Press before so i went and this lady told me about how the Head-Chief person left to go do something and left a note...I read it and it says she went looking for a "Mythical" pokemon on a mountain but to my knowledge of the legendaries of this season...none are on mountains....2 are in labs (Xerneas Yveltal) and the rest are in caves (Articuno/Moltres/Zapdos/Mewtwo/Zygarde) So does anybody know who she is talking about?
    We clearly have no idea.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    The nature is good and if you are fine with the IVs, I don't see much of a problem, especially since you likely won't be using the Attack stat in this generation. I thought there might be a problem with the Speed, but it seems that it has 30 IV in that regard, if not perfect. So keep it.

We clearly have no idea.
    I actually mistyped, his speed is 119 so perfect IV, editing it now

I have an Adamant Yveltal, I'm assuming that's probably not what it needs to have, and that a S. Attack nature would benefit it much better?

Page 14 of 107 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast