Page 15 of 107 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 2655

Thread: Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

  1. #351
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Big Blue
    Posts
    2,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milennin View Post
    I have an Adamant Yveltal, I'm assuming that's probably not what it needs to have, and that a S. Attack nature would benefit it much better?
    It actually has a larger physical movepool, but its efficent STABs are both in Special Side(Hurricane, Dark Pulse, Oblivion Wing etc.). Phantom Force is decent physical move, so is Dragon Claw, U-Turn and Rock Slide, but it gets Focus Blast and Psychic as well(along with the redundant Shadow Ball).

    If it got something like Night Slash at least, it could at least run Acrobatics, but alas, it only gets Sucker Punch.

    Edit: Though Foul Play might work with it, because of the Dark Aura. But seriously, who doesn't this thing get Dragon Pulse, BRAVE BIRD and Night Slash?
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

  2. #352
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sintra, Portugal
    Posts
    250

    Default

    I got myself a Timid Yveltal, and that thing it's a beast!! Dark Pulse, Oblivion Wing, Psychic & Shadow Ball are my current moves, still in training...


    FRIEND CODE: 0705 - 3244 - 5563 KENTA

  3. #353
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Swadlincote, England
    Posts
    472

    Default

    So, 600 BST for Zygarde - I can see it getting new forme(s) or mega evolutions. If Tyranitar and Garchomp get 700BST when they mega evolve, I think we'll be getting two 700 BST Zygarde mega evolutions. Maybe the games would be ZX and ZY?


    Bring on 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron, Batman vs Superman, Jurassic World and Star Wars VII

  4. #354
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Just caught a naive Xerneas with:

    201 hp
    151 atk
    100 def
    151 sp.atk
    104 sp.def
    119 speed

    Should I keep it, or sr for a faster Xerneas?
    Pokemon X Pokemon Y

  5. #355
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Razo View Post
    Just caught a naive Xerneas with:

    201 hp
    151 atk
    100 def
    151 sp.atk
    104 sp.def
    119 speed

    Should I keep it, or sr for a faster Xerneas?
    Keep it. it has max speed, sp. atk, atk, and HP.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

  6. #356
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Dreams
    Posts
    1,501

    Default

    So then, I just looked at the basestats of Xerneas and Yveltal. Anyone else think it's weird that they have the exact same basestats? I don't mean total basestats, I mean that their stats are exactly the same.


    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

  7. #357
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Bad Place.
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Razo View Post
    Just caught a naive Xerneas with:

    201 hp
    151 atk
    100 def
    151 sp.atk
    104 sp.def
    119 speed

    Should I keep it, or sr for a faster Xerneas?
    It looks almost exactly like mine.
    'Cept mine is bold with everything but Atk being Perfect.

    It's just me, but I'd go for a more defensive nature.

    But, perhaps that's just me.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

  8. #358
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Big Blue
    Posts
    2,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    So then, I just looked at the basestats of Xerneas and Yveltal. Anyone else think it's weird that they have the exact same basestats? I don't mean total basestats, I mean that their stats are exactly the same.
    "Life and death are the two sizes of the same coin" and other pseudo-philosophical generic JRPG stuff like that.

    I am a bit more interested in Zygarde's stats, especially its low HP. Both Giratina and Kyurem had significantly higher HP than their counterparts, even if they were just as "undead" as Zygarde is. I am actually starting to believe that it might get a Mega Evolution or two instead of a standard forme change, as the largest BST change through different forms belongs to Cherrim's about 111 stat change, and that is because of its ability(the more standard changes belong to Rotom with 80 and Kyurem with 40 and everybody else has 0).

    Edit: Not to mention, both are fusions. Darmanitan does get an impressive 60 Base increase, but that is also because of its (Hidden) Ability and that only activates when it is in pinch.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 17th October 2013 at 6:28 PM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

  9. #359
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Question is anyone currently testing for the legendarys as shinies?? If not I may give it a go in my x now that I finished y
    3DS friend code:4854-6903-7464
    Fire type with slugma,ponyta and ninetails

  10. #360
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Bad Place.
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser94 View Post
    Question is anyone currently testing for the legendarys as shinies?? If not I may give it a go in my x now that I finished y
    I hate to say, I don't think there is anyway to go about getting a shiny legendary.
    They're pretty much clones of Zekrom/Reshiram, and we couldn't get shinies of them, no matter how many times you soft or hard reset.
    Sorry.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

  11. #361
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    South Georgia
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    I hate to say, I don't think there is anyway to go about getting a shiny legendary.
    They're pretty much clones of Zekrom/Reshiram, and we couldn't get shinies of them, no matter how many times you soft or hard reset.
    Sorry.
    Really!? I did not know that. Maybe they are saving the shiny forms for events in the future like they did with DPPt legendaries.
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

  12. #362
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Bad Place.
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crobatman View Post
    Really!? I did not know that. Maybe they are saving the shiny forms for events in the future like they did with DPPt legendaries.
    I'm not saying it absolutely can't happen.
    But out of the millions of people playing right now, we have yet to see a Shiny Xerneas/Yveltal. I myself SR'd a good 200 times before I got my Bold Xerneas. If everyone has done even a fraction of that, I'm sure we would have seen one by now.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

  13. #363
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    I hate to say, I don't think there is anyway to go about getting a shiny legendary.
    They're pretty much clones of Zekrom/Reshiram, and we couldn't get shinies of them, no matter how many times you soft or hard reset.
    Sorry.
    In that case I'm gonna give it a try if I get into the 10000s I prob give up
    3DS friend code:4854-6903-7464
    Fire type with slugma,ponyta and ninetails

  14. #364
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Big Blue
    Posts
    2,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crobatman View Post
    Really!? I did not know that. Maybe they are saving the shiny forms for events in the future like they did with DPPt legendaries.
    However, those shinies were only available for European language games. For the Japanese and other regions, they functionally do not exist.

    On the other hand, this shiny lock exists for both everyone, just like Zekrom and Reshiram's, and their movie events also had shiny lock.

    In addition, it doesn't seem likely that this generation will be a long one, so most distributions will be halted, assuming that TPCi doesn't act smart with them(spoiler alert: they likely won't).

    tl;dr wait until Gen 7-8 for non-hacked Gen VI legendary shinies at least.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

  15. #365
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    What do you guys think about the possibility of shiny Legendary Birds?
    I SR'd in the cave and got two different natures on Moltres, which means that its stats aren't set until you face it for real (or they change by each encounter when roaming).
    That said, it would be quite strange if I potentially met a shiny Moltres within the cave as it wasn't shiny when roaming earlier.


  16. #366
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Big Blue
    Posts
    2,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What do you guys think about the possibility of shiny Legendary Birds?
    I SR'd in the cave and got two different natures on Moltres, which means that its stats aren't set until you face it for real (or they change by each encounter when roaming).
    That said, it would be quite strange if I potentially met a shiny Moltres within the cave as it wasn't shiny when roaming earlier.
    Have you checked if it has perfect IVs like the other legendaries? In that case, I would assume that it is shiny locked as well.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

  17. #367
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Have you checked if it has perfect IVs like the other legendaries? In that case, I would assume that it is shiny locked as well.
    From the IV calculator on Serebii it seems it had 31 in two, potentially three stats so I guess that settles it.


  18. #368
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,270

    Default

    Since I have yet to beat the game, I figured that I may as well just ask - is there any in-game reason given for the new Mewtwo hiding out in Kalos, as well as the presence of its Mega Stone? Does it have any relation to the original Mewtwo in Kanto?
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  19. #369
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Since I have yet to beat the game, I figured that I may as well just ask - is there any in-game reason given for the new Mewtwo hiding out in Kalos, as well as the presence of its Mega Stone? Does it have any relation to the original Mewtwo in Kanto?
    As far as we can tell, no it has no relation.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

  20. #370
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Since I have yet to beat the game, I figured that I may as well just ask - is there any in-game reason given for the new Mewtwo hiding out in Kalos, as well as the presence of its Mega Stone? Does it have any relation to the original Mewtwo in Kanto?
    No, and no. Except for a blurb about a pokemon hiding in pokemon village. Its not that hard to find mewtwo lol since theres only 1 cave and 1 room inside.

  21. #371
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Bad Place.
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Since I have yet to beat the game, I figured that I may as well just ask - is there any in-game reason given for the new Mewtwo hiding out in Kalos, as well as the presence of its Mega Stone? Does it have any relation to the original Mewtwo in Kanto?
    Well, since Pokemon Village was stated to be where Pokes go to get away from trainers that "hurt/abused" them.
    One would think it may be one that was mistreated. I.e: The one from the first movie?
    Other than that there is nothing directly stated about why he is where he is.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

  22. #372
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,465

    Default

    Seems like Mewtwo is just there for nostalgia, and for the Megas, of course. The name "Unknown Dungeon" and the music that plays in the battle only furthers that.

    Though I wonder, if with that tiny cutscene, if they've shiny locked Mewtwo here as well. Not like it matters to me, since I already have one. But that still leaves Zygarde and the birds unanswered.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock



  23. #373
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    One would think it may be one that was mistreated. I.e: The one from the first movie?
    The movies, or anime in general, have no canonical relation to the games. So it wouldn't be this.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  24. #374
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    As far as we can tell, no it has no relation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    No, and no. Except for a blurb about a pokemon hiding in pokemon village. Its not that hard to find mewtwo lol since theres only 1 cave and 1 room inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by MuhFugginMoose View Post
    Well, since Pokemon Village was stated to be where Pokes go to get away from trainers that "hurt/abused" them.
    One would think it may be one that was mistreated. I.e: The one from the first movie?
    Other than that there is nothing directly stated about why he is where he is.
    Oh, well, that's a bit of a shame. :/

    They couldn't have at least given a reason as for why Mewtwo was suddenly relevant again and for why it is in possession of a special stone exclusive to itself from long before its own creation?
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  25. #375
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Oh, well, that's a bit of a shame. :/

    They couldn't have at least given a reason as for why Mewtwo was suddenly relevant again and for why it is in possession of a special stone exclusive to itself from long before its time?
    Why would they? This is Pokemon, this happens all the time.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 15 of 107 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •