Page 6 of 107 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Quote Originally Posted by JTrainer View Post
    From what I read about Xerneas/Yveltal on serebii, it seems like you are forced to capture them, just like with Reshiram/Zekrom in BW. I'm hoping that this isn't true, and that you can KO them and battle them again later.
    I plan to capture the legendaries only after they've figured out the RNG mechanics for X and Y. Because I do NOT want to have to go back to resetting the game over a hundred times just to get the right nature, but terrible IVs.

I'm one of those people who hate IVs with a burning passion. EV training is fun, since you are training your pokemon. But IVs turned "Gotta catch 'em all" to "Gotta Keep Resetting 'em all" " or "Gotta Breed 'em all" which really did turn me off from competitive. Hell, resetting for natures is one thing. But perfect IVs too? goodbye sanity.

is mewtwo involved in the plot?
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    is mewtwo involved in the plot?
    Considering it's not found until post game, in a cave. I don't think so.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurian View Post
    I'm one of those people who hate IVs with a burning passion. EV training is fun, since you are training your pokemon. But IVs turned "Gotta catch 'em all" to "Gotta Keep Resetting 'em all" " or "Gotta Breed 'em all" which really did turn me off from competitive. Hell, resetting for natures is one thing. But perfect IVs too? goodbye sanity.
    Yeah, it drove me crazy back in 4th gen, and then I discovered the RNG method in 5th gen (which is easier to do than in 4th). Now I usually only have to restart the game 2-3 times to get the IVs I want. Unfortunately I discovered this AFTER I caught Reshiram (which I was forced to do if I wanted to get to the post-game), which eventually led to me buying a second Black version.

If they apply the same thing to Xerneas (I'll be playing X version first), I'll be upset. But maybe the pokemon bank (which we're not getting until DECEMBER?!) will help to alleviate that problem.
    Hopefully it will be more like Dialga and Palkia in DPP, where you fought them but didn't have to catch them; then after beating the elite four, you could go back and battle them again.
    ""You know, you fight pretty well… for a thief." He told me while still trying to catch his breath.

"Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." I responded. "Your hair's still silly-looking though."

- Robin and Scarlette (my OC), Titan Legends Volume 5

This is a line from volume 5 of my fanfiction on deviantart and fanfiction.net. It features my original character, Scarlette; a young demigoddess with the power to make almost any weapon.

Pokemon Black FC: 1893-3683-3048

3DS FC: 4682-8668-1957
    Pokemon X ING: Joey

Visit my trade thread:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=562519

is there only 3 legendaries?
    Friend Safari: Dragon Type ~
    Friend Code: 0018-1552-6187
    IGN: Daveo
    Pokerus ~ PM if Interested~SV~3856
    5IV Pokemon I can Breed For You:
    Froakie/Protean/Timid [RIGHTHonedge/No Guard/Brave][/RIGHT]
    Larvitar/Sassy~adamant
    Beldum/Clear Body/Adamant
    Gastly/Timid

Well, there's the "Pokémon Z" Zygarde. So yeah, I think we all will wait for the next "mysterious" version; Pokémon Z.

Quote Originally Posted by davedave2x View Post
    is there only 3 legendaries?
    Not counting Legendary Pokémon from older generations and potential event Pokémon, yes; there are only three. Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Are there any screenshots of the legendary birds yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Electabuzzed View Post
    Are there any screenshots of the legendary birds yet?
    There's video of at least Moltres and Zapdos on Youtube. I haven't seen screenshots yet.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by Heiach View Post
    *Hugs* thanks for the swift reply!
    You're quite welcome, always happy to help out.

Awesome banner by dahrue

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but of the trademarked list of Japanese names, the ones below are not the names of any of the currently released Kalos pokemon, so I expect they are event legends.
    -Dianshii
    -Borukenion
    -Fuupa
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/29w0sad.jpg[/IMG]
    Hopes for Megas

[IMG]http://oi41.*******.com/2u4iudy.jpg[/IMG]

It's been mentioned several times, usually in a similar vein, i.e. people jumping to conclusions.

Those names were from a vague source and were originally purported to be any number of things. They aren't necessarily event Pokémon; they could just as easily be mistranslated names of existing Pokémon, or even be nothing at all.

It's best not to focus on them or assume anything.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

The birds cannot be caught using shadow tag. They still flee first turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Prelex View Post
    The birds cannot be caught using shadow tag. They still flee first turn.
    I can confirm this. Used wobbufet with shadow tag and Moltres still fled before the battle menu appeared

When will we know about these event legendaries? We are past the launch date, some ppl probably got the pokéguide too.
    Shouldn't we know by now?
    Shiny Trophy Collection: , , - Perfect 5IV , , , , &

Current Shiny Hunt: Y: SS Shiny
    3DS FC: eiger 2466-2804-0760 with
    Visit Bkdevils Shop for 5IV & Egg Moves: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-IV-Trade-Shop

I Have Claimed Carracosta!!

Quote Originally Posted by eiger View Post
    When will we know about these event legendaries?
    Not for quite some time yet.

Quote Originally Posted by eiger View Post
    Shouldn't we know by now?
    Not at all. The only way we've known about them so quickly in the past is because people dump the cartridge and sift through the data, which is how everything would be laid out, from base stats to move sets to sprites to hidden formes to event Legendaries.

That can't be done with X/Y (yet?), ergo anything that is intentionally buried and that isn't meant to be found yet, hasn't been and won't be until that happens or until Nintendo unveils them on their own. The latter probably won't happen until next spring or summer to coincide with the first X/Y anime movie.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post

Not at all. The only way we've known about them so quickly in the past is because people dump the cartridge and sift through the data, which is how everything would be laid out, from base stats to move sets to sprites to hidden formes to event Legendaries.

That can't be done with X/Y (yet?), ergo anything that is intentionally buried and that isn't meant to be found yet, hasn't been and won't be until that happens or until Nintendo unveils them on their own. The latter probably won't happen until next spring or summer to coincide with the first X/Y anime movie.

Oh, I see. I thought they might have revealed the info on launch date.
    Thanks for quick reply!
    Shiny Trophy Collection: , , - Perfect 5IV , , , , &

Current Shiny Hunt: Y: SS Shiny
    3DS FC: eiger 2466-2804-0760 with
    Visit Bkdevils Shop for 5IV & Egg Moves: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-IV-Trade-Shop

I Have Claimed Carracosta!!

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post

yeah. There will be more (there has to be), but right now people can't get into the code of the games to find out like before. Personally, i think it is better to wait and be surprised when they officially announce them. unlike before when we know about them months before.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

In X/Y there is a Sea Spirit's Den, but the cave is empty. What kind of legendary could be there?

What is Xerneas/Yveltal's catch rate? Because I just caught Xerneas on the very first Pokeball. And by that I mean pokeball. Not Ultra or Master.

Quote Originally Posted by The Imposter View Post
    What is Xerneas/Yveltal's catch rate? Because I just caught Xerneas on the very first Pokeball. And by that I mean pokeball. Not Ultra or Master.
    We clearly have no idea since the databases are unaccesible. But from the looks of it, it has higher catch rate than most version mascots(either that or the formula has been changed).
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Both Xerneas and Yveltal have only 1 signature move.. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Afeww View Post
    Both Xerneas and Yveltal have only 1 signature move.. Right?
    Yes, Geomancy and Oblivion Wing.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Good nature for Xerneas? I got modest but can't tell if it is pure special...
    Pokémon Black FC:3783-0994-7933
    Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 3052-6932-7641
    Pokémon Black2 FC:4041-9290-8959

Quote Originally Posted by Sceprile View Post
    Good nature for Xerneas? I got modest but can't tell if it is pure special...
    I'd love some more info on this too, and also, is there a way ingame to at least get an estimave of IVs? So I know if I should reset him or not..

Page 6 of 107 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast