Page 64 of 107 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2655

Thread: Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Quote Originally Posted by eiger View Post
    Something known about a possible shiny lock on mewtwo? I'm eager to go catch it
    since most legendaries in xy cannot be caught in shiny form so the answer is definitely no

So far no one has been able to encounter the shiny form of all legendaries available in X/Y. Therefore, people are assuming it's safe to say they are indeed shiny locked.

Which is weird, as Mewtwo and the birds are able to shine in previous games.....so why did GF lock them now?

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    So far no one has been able to encounter the shiny form of all legendaries available in X/Y. Therefore, people are assuming it's safe to say they are indeed shiny locked.

Which is weird, as Mewtwo and the birds are able to shine in previous games.....so why did GF lock them now?
    Assuming they are shiny locked, there is no evident reason behind it. There is always that chance of not being locked, because we cannot confirm what has not been proven true.

I'm just really anticipating the release of the event legendaries.
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

If only there was a way to get into the game's code and see what's locked and what's not...

I wonder if Celebi's new move will have decent base power and a different type. It would be nice if it is a STAB move. Hold back is an odd name though. Then again we have baby doll eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    I wonder if Celebi's new move will have decent base power and a different type. It would be nice if it is a STAB move. Hold back is an odd name though. Then again we have baby doll eyes...
    By all accounts, it's a variation of False Swipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    By all accounts, it's a variation of False Swipe.
    Most likely a Sp. ATTK one. Hope more Pokemon learn it in the future as false Swipe is a move more useful than most HM's.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

I was a little disappointed that there weren't many Legendary Pokemon to hunt down after the main story. Only Mewtwo, Zygarde, and one of the Kanto birds? I loved hunting multiple Legendary Pokemon, though I was kinda happy that I didn't have to raise a Bronzong, Crobat, Wobbuffet or some other kind of Pokemon that prevents Pokemon from fleeing to battle/catch those roaming Pokemon. But I suppose the birds sorta count as that...at least half.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Can't wait to go grab my Celebi on Friday. Tomorrow I'm heading to wonder trade and the GTN to see if I can pick up a Lugia, Mew or Genesect.

@Platinum I agree, it would be cool if they did some downloadable event or something to do with Mew.

I officially own Pikachu!

Looking For:
    Pokemon: Pikachu/Pichu
    Shiny: No
    Nature: Timid, Adament or some other decent nature
    Hidden Ability: Not necessary, but obviously would be nice
    Egg Moves: Volt Tackle
    IV's: Preferably decent
    I can trade exclusives from both games and a level 50 Garchomp with Dragon Claw and Dig, holding a Dragon Fang

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Most likely a Sp. ATTK one. Hope more Pokemon learn it in the future as false Swipe is a move more useful than most HM's.
    It's physical and has the same power

e: oh this post is 2 days old before

So, it's literally the same as False Swipe?

That's... odd.

So, it's literally the same as False Swipe?

That's... odd.
    I wonder if you can breed it onto things. It's probably there for the same reason we have Block and Mean Look: Flavor excuse to give the move to other pokemon. In this case those without claws and sharp things i guess?

It'd have to be a level-up move on one of the breedable things only available via Pokebank, then (since just dumping it on an event Celebi doesn't really help that).

Unless GameFreak's expecting us to Sketch it off the event Celebi and breed it onto Field stuff that way, but that's a bit much, even for them.

It'd have to be a level-up move on one of the breedable things only available via Pokebank, then (since just dumping it on an event Celebi doesn't really help that).
    I was implying the use of Smeargle

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I was implying the use of Smeargle
    Has GameFreak ever required you to use Smeargle to breed things, though? IIRC every Egg move we have is available without resorting to Smeargle, even though Smeargle makes some of them a lot easier.

It's still a bit much, even for them; getting an event Celebi with a competitively useless move, Sketching that move onto Smeargle, and then testing things in Field just to see if they can get that competitively useless move that oh by the way you could just toss the False Swipe TM onto something instead of doing all that.

Really, really odd. Maybe they gave Celebi Spore or some crazy something, to make the event one some kind of cool Pokecatcher thing?

Has GameFreak ever required you to use Smeargle to breed things, though? IIRC every Egg move we have is available without resorting to Smeargle, even though Smeargle makes some of them a lot easier.

It's still a bit much, even for them; getting an event Celebi with a competitively useless move, Sketching that move onto Smeargle, and then testing things in Field just to see if they can get that competitively useless move that oh by the way you could just toss the False Swipe TM onto something instead of doing all that.

Really, really odd. Maybe they gave Celebi Spore or some crazy something, to make the event one some kind of cool Pokecatcher thing?
    They gave a bunch of pokemon wide guard that requires a 6 pokemon breeding chain to get to.
    They introduced a new move that does absolutely nothing.

I could just as easily believe they're using Hold Back as a goofy event specialty as well as them giving a bunch of Pokemon the ability to learn it through egg move.

They gave a bunch of pokemon wide guard that requires a 6 pokemon breeding chain to get to.
    They introduced a new move that does absolutely nothing.

I could just as easily believe they're using Hold Back as a goofy event specialty as well as them giving a bunch of Pokemon the ability to learn it through egg move.
    Well, it shows text, at least.

Considering that Smeargle Breeding is a thing, I'm inclined to believe it is an Egg Move meant for non-False Swipe users.

So I guess Japan got pokebank just saw Lugia, Ho-oh, and Suicune and they look freaking fantastic in motion. The games been out for 3 months and I'm still blown away by the modeling.
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

Ditto. All the legends really look fantastic. Kyogre and Ho-oh easily take the cake for me. Go on gts and see them in shiny as well. Absolutely stunning. All of them are amazing!

Lugia is just beautiful, and Mew is so cute :3

I officially own Pikachu!

Looking For:
    Pokemon: Pikachu/Pichu
    Shiny: No
    Nature: Timid, Adament or some other decent nature
    Hidden Ability: Not necessary, but obviously would be nice
    Egg Moves: Volt Tackle
    IV's: Preferably decent
    I can trade exclusives from both games and a level 50 Garchomp with Dragon Claw and Dig, holding a Dragon Fang

Question!

Is there like a basic list of all the obtainable legendaries (non event) starting from Kanto to Kalos? Ive been trying to find one on tumblr and here and Im coming up with nothing. I havent actually collected all of the legendaries from Platinum to BW2 cause im lazy.. LOL So I guess Im just looking for a checklist? Im trying to prepare as much as I can for Pokebank.

__ Lati@s Lv.39488 Dreamyard (BW2)
    __ Heatran Lv.3949 That one cave w/ that one rock... (BW2)
    __ Ho-Oh Lv.4555 Pokemon Dream Radar (BW2)

I just feel like it would be helpful. :/

X & Y:
    FC: 1762 4121 3903
    Water - Quagsire, Octillery, Frogadier

Quote Originally Posted by BeneathTheWaves View Post
    Question!

Is there like a basic list of all the obtainable legendaries (non event) starting from Kanto to Kalos? Ive been trying to find one on tumblr and here and Im coming up with nothing. I havent actually collected all of the legendaries from Platinum to BW2 cause im lazy.. LOL So I guess Im just looking for a checklist? Im trying to prepare as much as I can for Pokebank.

__ Lati@s Lv.39488 Dreamyard (BW2)
    __ Heatran Lv.3949 That one cave w/ that one rock... (BW2)
    __ Ho-Oh Lv.4555 Pokemon Dream Radar (BW2)

I just feel like it would be helpful. :/
    You mean, like, a list of legendary Pokemon available in each game?
    Every game on the main site has a legendary pokemon section

You mean, like, a list of legendary Pokemon available in each game?
    Every game on the main site has a legendary pokemon section
    Well yeah, sort of. Im just trying to find like one huge master list or something so i dont have to search everywhere and potentially miss something. Kind of how people on tumblr made the Vivilion posts? and like the "How to prepare for Pokebank" checklist.

*** edit: you know what... I need to pay attention better. There IS a list on the main site. xD derp.
    http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/legendary.shtml
    Last edited by BeneathTheWaves; 26th December 2013 at 6:11 AM.

X & Y:
    FC: 1762 4121 3903
    Water - Quagsire, Octillery, Frogadier

Quote Originally Posted by BeneathTheWaves View Post
    Well yeah, sort of. Im just trying to find like one huge master list or something so i dont have to search everywhere and potentially miss something. Kind of how people on tumblr made the Vivilion posts? and like the "How to prepare for Pokebank" checklist.
    But it's really hard to mess up

It's not like vivillon where there's obscure variants or anything. First sets usually have their trio, the box legend, a possible 3rd legend and maybe a roamer.

On a completely random note, Phione's perpetual open-mouthed smile is kind of creeping me out.

Page 64 of 107 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast