Page 7 of 107 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Quote Originally Posted by Cingen View Post
    I'd love some more info on this too, and also, is there a way ingame to at least get an estimave of IVs? So I know if I should reset him or not..
    There is the iv guy from the other games appearing again, not sure where he is though.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

So does anyone know what nature best fits a Xerneas? Or at least what his base stats are? I did some research but no luck so far..

Sort of urgent since I'm at him now and can't continue the game since I don't want to end up with a bad natured version..

Quote Originally Posted by Cingen View Post
    So does anyone know what nature best fits a Xerneas? Or at least what his base stats are? I did some research but no luck so far..

Sort of urgent since I'm at him now and can't continue the game since I don't want to end up with a bad natured version..
    115-130/128-143/95-110/131-144/94-109/99-114
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...ction.3489182/

Speed raising stats are probably better. Focus on that and Sp. Atk as Xerneas is not known to get Play Rough.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Just caught Xerneas in the yellow with my first throw... a luxury ball. I'm guessing that he's just easier to catch? Or did I just have weird luck?

Edit: Stream highlight is up, I can't post links though, so go to werster/c/3078961 on twitch.tv to see it.
    Alternative youtube link: watch?v=7tBw_BlO7u4

Werster just caught Articuno on his stream by battling it in the Sea Spirit's Den (it did not make any attempt to flee).

It is unknown if there is a specific method to force the legendary birds there. Apparently he saw it was there using the pokedex, used fly to get near and it did not move from it's position after checking the pokedex again. Then he went into the cave, walked forward and the battle started.

Edit: While it may or not be useful, more info:
    Time of capture, around 11:30 (looks like AM)
    His 3DS was left on all night (though it was sleeping)
    Last edited by Mysteryem; 13th October 2013 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Added sream highlight link

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryem View Post
    (Stream highlight will be up later)

Werster just caught Articuno on his stream by battling it in the Sea Spirit's Den (it did not make any attempt to flee).

It is unknown if there is a specific method to force the legendary birds there. Apparently he saw it was there using the pokedex, used fly to get near and it did not move from it's position after checking the pokedex again. Then he went into the cave, walked forward and the battle started.

Edit: While it may or not be useful, more info:
    Time of capture, around 11:30 (looks like AM)
    His 3DS was left on all night (though it was sleeping)
    Hm. maybe you have to chase them to the Sea Spirit's Den to fight them or another specific location? If that's the case then I wonder what the point of them roaming is...

Quote Originally Posted by ZelionX View Post
    Hm. maybe you have to chase them to the Sea Spirit's Den to fight them or another specific location? If that's the case then I wonder what the point of them roaming is...
    Yeah, that's a pretty good point, perhaps part of the roaming mechanic allows you to control what direction they go to next after fleeing *shrug*. The only other reason I can see for the roaming mechanic is to get them on your pokedex to track them, but that wouldn't be needed if they didn't roam in the first place.

I think there must be a reason that they have this roaming mechanic.

Also edited a youtube link into my previous post.

Edit: As Serebii has posted about this in the Discovery thread, may want to continue discussion of this over at the Discovery Discussion thread.
    Last edited by Mysteryem; 13th October 2013 at 10:52 PM.

So is it safe to assume that Yveltal (and by extension, Xerneas) is shiny-locked? I don't want to waste my time soft resetting here.
    Pokemon Y FC: 0103 9430 3372

So the legendary birds will settle in Sea Spirit's Den. Well I hope this means that Lugia is the Sea Spirit and will be catchable there (however maybe only with an event).

If this is true then it is the first confirmation of Lugia's connection to the birds in a main game.
    Last edited by Endless; 13th October 2013 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    So the legendary birds will settle in Sea Spirit's Den. Well I hope this means that Lugia is the Sea Spirit and will be catchable there (however maybe only with an event).

If this is true then it is the first confirmation of Lugia's connection to the birds in a main game.
    I have to say I'm surprised that they may actually be connecting the group considering they ignored it for so long.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see what becomes of it in future events.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

My Xerneas just learned Night Slash at level 51...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Caught my Xerneas just last night. I was forced to, as KOing him would just trigger the fight again. Fortunately, I saved right before going into Team Flare's headquarters, and when I found out that this fight would be a "repeat of Reshiram", if you know what I mean, I went to get a timid synchronizer then came back to catch him. I think I can safely say that Xerneas has the same capture rate as Reshiram and Zekrom: 45. In other words, really easy to catch (I caught him in a poke ball on the 2nd try). The good news is that I think I may have captured a good one (it has a SpAtk of 144, and a speed of 129). I'm not certain though, and if it does have crappy IVs I'm going to consider getting a second X version to catch him again(just like I did with Black version XD).

Though this makes me wonder what would've happened if I faced Xerneas with all of my boxes full and my party filled up.

And I am relieved that Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres are not "true" roamers and that they settle in one place as stationary pokemon. That means I'll have a chance to RNG them! Well... once they figure out the mechanics for X and Y that is, which will probably take a while.
    The same holds true for Yveltal in my Y version and Zygarde (in both); I'm not catching them until the RNG code is cracked (though I may go fight Zygarde occasionally just to hear the awesome battle music )
    ""You know, you fight pretty well… for a thief." He told me while still trying to catch his breath.

"Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." I responded. "Your hair's still silly-looking though."

- Robin and Scarlette (my OC), Titan Legends Volume 5

This is a line from volume 5 of my fanfiction on deviantart and fanfiction.net. It features my original character, Scarlette; a young demigoddess with the power to make almost any weapon.

Pokemon Black FC: 1893-3683-3048

3DS FC: 4682-8668-1957
    Pokemon X ING: Joey

Visit my trade thread:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=562519

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    I have to say I'm surprised that they may actually be connecting the group considering they ignored it for so long.
    Given how much Gen I/Pokémania nostal(u)gia (had too) that they've packed into these games, I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if they retconnected Lugia and the Mirages. It may actually be kind of neat to see how they handle it. (I'm still placing tributes at their alter for bringing back the Unknown Dungeon, and I don't even like Gen I all that much.)

inb4 the Mirages actually summon Ho-Oh because Troll Freak
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    115-130/128-143/95-110/131-144/94-109/99-114
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...ction.3489182/

Speed raising stats are probably better. Focus on that and Sp. Atk as Xerneas is not known to get Play Rough.
    We've found more evidence that every legendary in XY come with (at least) 3 perfect IVs (done by multiple resets, the IV checker guy confirming 3 perfect stats, and recurring stats), and as far as I'm concerned, Xerneas' and Yveltal's base stats are as follows:

HP: 126
    Atk: 131
    Def: 95
    SpA: 131
    SpD: 98
    Spe: 99
    Total: 680
    (Odd, isn't it?)

These *should* be the exact base stats, but feel free to find contrary evidence~
    Last edited by Freakshow; 14th October 2013 at 2:03 AM.
    aka Jibaku on Smogon

I currently have Zapdos. If anyone has a Moltres/Articuno Im looking to try an experiment for Lugia.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Given how much Gen I/Pokémania nostal(u)gia (had too) that they've packed into these games, I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if they retconnected Lugia and the Mirages. It may actually be kind of neat to see how they handle it. (I'm still placing tributes at their alter for bringing back the Unknown Dungeon, and I don't even like Gen I all that much.)

inb4 the Mirages actually summon Ho-Oh because Troll Freak
    Agreed, I hope they expand on it though, it was pretty basic a connection compared to Arceus or Regigigas.

And of course they would, give Ho-oh two trios and poor Lugia none.

Quote Originally Posted by JTrainer View Post
    Caught my Xerneas just last night. I was forced to, as KOing him would just trigger the fight again. Fortunately, I saved right before going into Team Flare's headquarters, and when I found out that this fight would be a "repeat of Reshiram", if you know what I mean, I went to get a timid synchronizer then came back to catch him. I think I can safely say that Xerneas has the same capture rate as Reshiram and Zekrom: 45. In other words, really easy to catch (I caught him in a poke ball on the 2nd try). The good news is that I think I may have captured a good one (it has a SpAtk of 144, and a speed of 129). I'm not certain though, and if it does have crappy IVs I'm going to consider getting a second X version to catch him again(just like I did with Black version XD).

Though this makes me wonder what would've happened if I faced Xerneas with all of my boxes full and my party filled up.

And I am relieved that Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres are not "true" roamers and that they settle in one place as stationary pokemon. That means I'll have a chance to RNG them! Well... once they figure out the mechanics for X and Y that is, which will probably take a while.
    The same holds true for Yveltal in my Y version and Zygarde (in both); I'm not catching them until the RNG code is cracked (though I may go fight Zygarde occasionally just to hear the awesome battle music )
    But wouldn't it still be impossible to RNG them because they start out roaming? It seems like you're banking on the chance that their stats aren't generated until the final encounter in the Sea Spirit Den...

anyone know if its possible to catch yveltal and xerneas at a later time then when you are forced to fight them?
    Pokemon White FC: 0089 6891 3674

Spoiler:- offers:

Spoiler:- wants:

So mewtwo has no role in the plot?
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

Does anyone know Xerneas's level up learnset?

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    Does anyone know Xerneas's level up learnset?
    The furthest I've seen is up to lv 63:

Lv<50 - Heal Pulse
    Lv<50 - Aromatherapy
    Lv<50 - Ingrain
    Lv<50 - Take Down
    Lv<50 - Light Screen
    Lv<50 - Aurora Beam
    Lv<50 - Gravity
    Lv<50 - Geomancy
    Lv<50 - Moonblast
    Lv<50 - Megahorn
    Lv51 - Night Slash
    Lv55 - Horn Leech
    Lv59 - Psych Up
    Lv63 - Misty Terrain

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    The furthest I've seen is up to lv 63:

Lv<50 - Heal Pulse
    Lv<50 - Aromatherapy
    Lv<50 - Ingrain
    Lv<50 - Take Down
    Lv<50 - Light Screen
    Lv<50 - Aurora Beam
    Lv<50 - Gravity
    Lv<50 - Geomancy
    Lv<50 - Moonblast
    Lv<50 - Megahorn
    Lv51 - Night Slash
    Lv55 - Horn Leech
    Lv59 - Psych Up
    Lv63 - Misty Terrain
    Well that's underwhelming...

I'm surprised mine couldn't learn Shadow Ball(TM)

Yeah... So I caught Yvetal with a pokeball with only one water pulse worth of damage...

Quote Originally Posted by Pilpulp View Post
    Yeah... So I caught Yvetal with a pokeball with only one water pulse worth of damage...
    i have heard a few stories like this, so i think that these legendaries must have high catch rates. possibly higher than reshiram and zekrom ,which had a catch rate of 45.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    So mewtwo has no role in the plot?
    Nope, none at all. The only plot-relevant Legendary Pokémon are Xerneas and Yveltal.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Page 7 of 107 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast