Page 8 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Anybody else laugh when they saw that Arceus, the god of all Pokemon, was moved into the Fairy type?

Something seems seriously wrong with that.

Right now I'm attempting to catch Mewtwo with a pokeball - It's at a sliver of red health with no status conditions, I don't know why but I just need .it in a pokeball

Edit: Forgot it had recover
    Last edited by Siebold; 14th October 2013 at 7:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilpulp View Post
    Right now I'm attempting to catch Mewtwo with a pokeball - It's at a sliver of red health with no status conditions, I don't know why but I just need .it in a pokeball
    If you can try paralyzing it. You can get low level pokemon like Vivillion with sun spore.
    My DWF: Houndour, Lickitung, Torkoal, Vulpix, Jynx, Tangela, Kanghaskan, Riolu, Mr. Mime, Eevee, Ralts, Abra, Sabeleye, Swablu, Nuzleaf, Crawdaunt

White FC: 4728-5167-7076

3DS FC (X): 1461-7514-0002

Friend Safari: Electric (Stunfisk, Emolga, Galvantula)

Add me and PM me and I will add you back for Friend Safari.

Quote Originally Posted by Confusious View Post
    Anybody else laugh when they saw that Arceus, the god of all Pokemon, was moved into the Fairy type?

Something seems seriously wrong with that.
    It wasn't. It's listed among the Fairy-types because a Fairy-type plate - the Pixie Plate - was added.

You'll find Arceus listed among the other 16 types besides Normal for the same reason.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I was running with eggs and entered in the grass on route 7 and suddenly...

moltres.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by onirenkai View Post
    I was running with eggs and entered in the grass on route 7 and suddenly...

moltres.jpg
    all three legendary birds are in the game. apparently, you have to try to battle them at least 12 times. Then they will go to the sea spirit's den where you can actually battle them.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

To get the legendary birds you have to do the following.
    Find the bird for the first time.
    Then find the bird 10 more times.
    After you do this it will move to a cave where you can catch it.

source: Just watched Werster do the full process at twitch.tv/werster

edit: Werster also just tried bringing the three legendary birds to Sea Shore Den and nothing happens.
    Last edited by Prelex; 14th October 2013 at 10:19 AM.

So do legendaries come with full perfect or only in 3 stats? If only in 3, does anyone have an estimate of what Xerneas his SpAtk and Speed should be for perfect IVs right after catching?

I'm not there yet, but I can't decide which Nature to go for with Yveltal.
    Both Yveltal and Xerneas' stats and currently known moves suggest that they have a strong mixed set, with Yveltal leaning towards offense and Xerneas towards bulk.
    Maybe +Spd -Def for Yveltal, hm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cingen View Post
    So do legendaries come with full perfect or only in 3 stats? If only in 3, does anyone have an estimate of what Xerneas his SpAtk and Speed should be for perfect IVs right after catching?
    Is there something new in this Gen or why would they have any default-perfect IVs at all?
    Last edited by saldu; 14th October 2013 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by saldu View Post
    Is there something new in this Gen or why would they have any default-perfect IVs at all?
    Fanservice, I guess. Also, probably to ensure that the mascot legendaries won't suck.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Well, if there really are at least 3 auto-perfect IVs, it should be quite easy to check with a few catches and noting down stats. (do you have the masterball at that point, to speed up the process?)

Well, if there really are at least 3 auto-perfect IVs, it should be quite easy to check with a few catches and noting down stats. (do you have the masterball at that point, to speed up the process?)
    You should obtain it (way) before the battle, but it doesn't really matter, since many of the people on Smogon as well as people elsewhere tested it, it doesn't matter.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    You should obtain it (way) before the battle, but it doesn't really matter, since many of the people on Smogon as well as people elsewhere tested it, it doesn't matter.
    If so many people tested it, why do we not know if it's 3 perfect IVs or all perfect IVs?

If so many people tested it, why do we not know if it's 3 perfect IVs or all perfect IVs?
    They took it to the stat judge and he only mentioned three stats.

Edit: Nevermind, this was for Zygarde.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 14th October 2013 at 12:56 PM.

Update on my last post, I have someone willing to lend me their Moltres.

If anyone has an Articuno to lend me, I wanna take all 3 birds to the Den for possibly Lugia.

Quote Originally Posted by T.W.I. View Post

If anyone has an Articuno to lend me, I wanna take all 3 birds to the Den for possibly Lugia.
    Don't bother. It has been tested that that doesn't work.

Do they really have 3 perfect IVs? Would like to check for myself, mind telling me where the IV checking guy is?

Quote Originally Posted by T.W.I. View Post

As great as that would be, it doesn't seem likely to happen.

Still, one of the great things about no one being able to hack the 3DS is that it's not impossible for there to be more legendary Pokemon to find.
    Favorite Pokemon: Mew and Charmander because they win at life.

Downloaded on Friday night just got Mewtwo and Zygarde. Soft reset about 20 times and got a 31/30 average IV's on my Mewtwo. I'm really interested in the chamber of emptyness I hope that's expanded on. Right now I'm hunting to get an adamant absol with a decent IV spread >_>. I hate IV's so much Super training is a godsend though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Don't bother. It has been tested that that doesn't work.
    That sucks :/ Still gonna try it for peace of mind. Plus, I need articuno dex entry anyways XD

Does Xerneas have different forms? What kind are there?

Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    Does Xerneas have different forms? What kind are there?
    It doesn't have "forms" per se; more like "modes" that are similar to the overdrive modes of Reshiram, Zekrom, White Kyurem, and Black Kyurem. They have no effect on its stats and are merely aesthetic. In battle, Xerneas will look as it usually does with its glowing antlers, but outside of battle, its antlers and some of the patterns on its body will take on a muted blue-green color.

Yveltal does not have such "modes," nor does Zygarde.
    Last edited by Endolise; 14th October 2013 at 3:49 PM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I just caught Yveltal in a quick ball. No messing about first turn nothing else required.
    Was this a fluke of pokenature or is the capture rate for this one excessively low?

Quote Originally Posted by ZelionX View Post
    But wouldn't it still be impossible to RNG them because they start out roaming? It seems like you're banking on the chance that their stats aren't generated until the final encounter in the Sea Spirit Den...
    It wouldn't be a huge loss if I couldn't rng them, as I have ones in my 5th gen games to transfer in december. The only thing that would really make it suck to not rng them is if they came with their hidden abilities.
    ""You know, you fight pretty well… for a thief." He told me while still trying to catch his breath.

"Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." I responded. "Your hair's still silly-looking though."

- Robin and Scarlette (my OC), Titan Legends Volume 5

This is a line from volume 5 of my fanfiction on deviantart and fanfiction.net. It features my original character, Scarlette; a young demigoddess with the power to make almost any weapon.

Pokemon Black FC: 1893-3683-3048

3DS FC: 4682-8668-1957
    Pokemon X ING: Joey

Visit my trade thread:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=562519

Quote Originally Posted by The Winchesters View Post
    I just caught Yveltal in a quick ball. No messing about first turn nothing else required.
    Was this a fluke of pokenature or is the capture rate for this one excessively low?
    As nobody struggled with it, they assume that it has a high catch rate.

Page 8 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast