Page 96 of 107 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2655

Thread: Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Hoopa reminds me of Mister Mxyzptlk from the Superman comics.

I wonder if it will have anything to do with Palkia/Dialga/Giratina seeing how it's from another dimension and it travels faster than the speed of light/it defies the laws of time and space. It probably won't but it would make sense of it did.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the shiny distributions of Palkia/Dialga/Giratina needed to be transferred through bank to X/Y in order to trigger an in-game event. Kind of like the Beast Trio for Zorua/Zoroark.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    I think that's the major problem with them: They don't really leave an impact on the region or the characters. With the Tao Duo, they had a major influence on the region, story and the mythology and are pretty well explored along with getting their own special area in Dragonspiral Tower. The Spacetime Duo also had an extensive mythology along with murals, statues and a special area with Spear Pillar and played a role in the main story as well, even Ho-oh had its Tin Tower and is talked about in good detail due to its relationship with the Burned Tower and Legendary Beasts.

The Mortality Duo don't really have that, they don't really get into detail about them, there's no place of respect for them, their relevance to the story almost comes out of nowhere as they're just said to have been dragged from the forest/mountains for the machine with little explanation and even considering their connections to the machine and Mega Stones the relationship's rather vague. Essentially, they lack what made the mascots of the previous games so notable, they don't really have a presence in the region or the story.
    Although I guess you could say that is their point... Lysandre wants to make the world beautiful, saying that people are only mucking up the present and will continue to do so in the future. As a result, he digs into the deep, dark past and drags out something far uglier that the world moved on from and kind of forgot. Makes Lysandre, at least, seem more misguided since his way of "returning the world to beauty" was to bring up its ugliest part that the people now living had moved beyond. Even Zygarde just chilling out in a deep, dark, cave kinda shows his time has come and gone and now he's just lurkin' about.

Six Generations / One Team
        Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the shiny distributions of Palkia/Dialga/Giratina needed to be transferred through bank to X/Y in order to trigger an in-game event. Kind of like the Beast Trio for Zorua/Zoroark.
    I think that if that were the case, we would know about it by now, and Game Freak would have promoted said in-game event to at least some degree.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    They don't do anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlDex View Post
    Although I guess you could say that is their point... Lysandre wants to make the world beautiful, saying that people are only mucking up the present and will continue to do so in the future. As a result, he digs into the deep, dark past and drags out something far uglier that the world moved on from and kind of forgot. Makes Lysandre, at least, seem more misguided since his way of "returning the world to beauty" was to bring up its ugliest part that the people now living had moved beyond. Even Zygarde just chilling out in a deep, dark, cave kinda shows his time has come and gone and now he's just lurkin' about.
    But they are completely irrelevant to the region other than being a battery. At least people cared about the other legends.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

I'm not quite sure how Zygarde fits with the mortality duo.
    Yveltal is Death, Xerneas is life, but what can Zygarde do?
    I mean, unless the duo start killing and reviving everyone as zombies, I highly doubt Zygarde has a hand in anything important.

Zygarde (with his ability countering the others) feels like he's there to keep the other 2 in check so they don't go on a rampage or something
    Friend Code 2234 - 8536 - 6702
    Friend Safari is ground with Dugtrio, Trapinch, Palpitoad

Current shiny hunt: Ralts MM breeding, 100+ eggs atm

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenblaze View Post
    I'm not quite sure how Zygarde fits with the mortality duo.
    Yveltal is Death, Xerneas is life, but what can Zygarde do?
    I mean, unless the duo start killing and reviving everyone as zombies, I highly doubt Zygarde has a hand in anything important.
    Well, according to the Pokédex, Zygarde represents order and maintains the region's ecosystem, and its ability reverses Xerneas'/Yveltal's auras. So the logical conclusion is that it balances the two and keeps one from overtaking the other.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Horn of Valmar View Post
    Zygarde (with his ability countering the others) feels like he's there to keep the other 2 in check so they don't go on a rampage or something
    That does make sense.

I hope that the movies will elucidate the ties between Xerneas and Yveltal, and maybe even Zygarde.
    After all, in my game, all they did was power a doomsday device and poof! i caught them
    So I wonder what their backstory is without that "King AZ" coverup

Maybe they just represent life and death, maybe they are all evil, we just have to wait...for...pokemon Z.... OH NINTENDO!!!!!
    Maybe it's "wanna know more about legendaries from X and Y? Then buy pokemon Z today!"
    Last edited by Goldenblaze; 13th March 2014 at 1:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenblaze View Post
    That does make sense.

I hope that the movies will elucidate the ties between Xerneas and Yveltal, and maybe even Zygarde.
    After all, in my game, all they did was power a doomsday device and poof! i caught them
    So I wonder what their backstory is without that "King AZ" coverup
    I might be alone in this but I enjoyed Pokemon Conquest and what life was like "before Pokeballs." I would like to see a game where we get to revisit the war and see Xerneas and Yveltal in use. Would be a great spinoff title, I imagine, but probably too dark to ever actually be made (you know, considering the big death ray at the end).

Yup, it would make sense but they are handling this so sloppily. Both in game and in Animé considering the plot; if they fight naturally Zygarde should come in like the oldest sibling and tell them to quit that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlDex View Post
    I might be alone in this but I enjoyed Pokemon Conquest and what life was like "before Pokeballs." I would like to see a game where we get to revisit the war and see Xerneas and Yveltal in use. Would be a great spinoff title, I imagine, but probably too dark to ever actually be made (you know, considering the big death ray at the end).
    That's.. actually an awesome idea. It panders to the adult demographic a bit much, yes, but it also adds depth to the series. Besides, let's face it, most of the die-hard fans that keep the series going are older now and would appreciate it (especially if it has some sort of connectivity like maybe AZ's Floette distribution after you beat the game?)

I'm envisioning something like Pokémon Colosseum.
    Last edited by Hexin' Wishes; 13th March 2014 at 3:55 AM.
    Pokémon in My Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    That's.. actually an awesome idea. It panders to the adult demographic a bit much, yes, but it also adds depth to the series. Besides, let's face it, most of the die-hard fans that keep the series going are older now and would appreciate it (especially if it has some sort of connectivity like maybe AZ's Floette distribution after you beat the game?)

I'm envisioning something like Pokémon Colosseum.
    Snap, Conquest, and Colosseum-esque. Fight similar to how we do in the main games, but you're part of an army making movements and have to bait pokemon and befriend them, rather than catch them. Kinda writes itself ("We don't have enough rations! You'll have to send one of those Pokemon home.") It would at least give more context to the legends BUT, I mean, there is always the "Z" game, whatever it winds up being.

So, the new Darkrai event from Japan.

Any chance ppl in Europe, America, Oceanië will get the event too? I doubt the movie will hit cinema here in Belgium
    Shiny Trophy Collection: , , - Perfect 5IV , , , , &

Current Shiny Hunt: Y: SS Shiny
    3DS FC: eiger 2466-2804-0760 with
    Visit Bkdevils Shop for 5IV & Egg Moves: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-IV-Trade-Shop

I Have Claimed Carracosta!!

Quote Originally Posted by eiger View Post

Any chance ppl in Europe, America, Oceanië will get the event too? I doubt the movie will hit cinema here in Belgium
    The Movie event 'mons are mostly exclusive to Asia, I doubt it.

Yeah don't count on it.

Yup, it would make sense but they are handling this so sloppily. Both in game and in Animé considering the plot; if they fight naturally Zygarde should come in like the oldest sibling and tell them to quit that crap.
    I agree on that, him just sitting in his cave doing nothing while Yveltal or Xerneas are being used for the ultimate weapon makes no sense at all. When I found out about him I was wondering why he didn't act like Rayquaza in emerald

I agree on that, him just sitting in his cave doing nothing while Yveltal or Xerneas are being used for the ultimate weapon makes no sense at all. When I found out about him I was wondering why he didn't act like Rayquaza in emerald
    I just remembered that happened. I find it hard to consider the original paired versions to be the definitive canon when the third version was usually the best at fleshing out the story. I mean, regardless, the intermediate Pokémon should have stepped in.

It just makes me feel like there was no danger at all because Rayquaza/Zygarde gave no f's.
    What I could see happening is that, like BW's relationship to B2W2, the box legendary for the first one is no longer in the region thus presenting an imbalance when the opposite one is awakened in the sequel requiring Zygarde to step in.
    Pokémon in My Safari:

I just remembered that happened. I find it hard to consider the original paired versions to be the definitive canon when the third version was usually the best at fleshing out the story. I mean, regardless, the intermediate Pokémon should have stepped in.

It just makes me feel like there was no danger at all because Rayquaza/Zygarde gave no f's.
    What I could see happening is that, like BW's relationship to B2W2, the box legendary for the first one is no longer in the region thus presenting an imbalance when the opposite one is awakened in the sequel requiring Zygarde to step in.
    Yup. When I found Zygarde's cave post-ending and read his desc, i just raged.
    Sorta went this way..."I have been out there saving the world and where do i find you, Mr. Balance???!!! SLEEPING IN A CAVE!!! I was hauling *** trying to save the world when you could do it in two secs, and you're just nappin' away in a cave!!!"

Needless to say, i was disappointed that Zygarde didn't save the world. I hope he will whoop something or at least just get out of his cave in the next game so we can learn more about his role in the history of Kalos.

I'm sure Zygarde will have a huge roll in the sequel game, which i hope we'll get info about in the near future.

I'm not surprised that Japan is going to get a movie distribute Pokemon. Im surprised Darkrai is a winner. I think it has a roll in the pikachu short since Klefki has a darkrai key if i remember the first picture of the short.
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Allow me to just derail the Zygarde theory train for sec...

I think that we're going to have to wait until Nintendo officially distributes Volcanion and Hoopa before we learn more about them, seeing as supposedly they got Datel to take down the codes for Diancie, AZ's Floette and the Lati@site, a situation I find hilarious because Nintendo didn't do anything like this back during D/P/Pt/HG/SS/B/W.

Spoiler:- Stupid Captain Obvious Theory below:

Quote Originally Posted by Shnivy View Post
    The Movie event 'mons are mostly exclusive to Asia, I doubt it.
    Darn, still don't have an original Darkrai, except a clone wich I despise
    Shiny Trophy Collection: , , - Perfect 5IV , , , , &

Current Shiny Hunt: Y: SS Shiny
    3DS FC: eiger 2466-2804-0760 with
    Visit Bkdevils Shop for 5IV & Egg Moves: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-IV-Trade-Shop

I Have Claimed Carracosta!!

Probably Japan or Asia only as usual and the rest of us in the world need the other pokemon that lost in that contest that Nintendo are not trying to give out more often like Jirachi, Manaphy and Victini though Japan did give out Jirachi shortly before X/Y was released.
    Mii: Kaiyo [Friend Code is 1993-7286-9750. Friend Safari is Normal with ] PSN/Xbox Live/Steam/Twitter/ Youtube/Raptr/Twitch

I knew Victini won't won, Japan had a ton of Victini events.
    Jirachi won't won either, since Japan just got a Jirachi event just before X/Y's release.

I wonder why Manaphy didn't won, though. It has less events than Darkrai, and iirc its last event is way older than Darkrai's last event.

Speaking of Zygarde.....there's indeed a very strong vibe of R/S/E legends here.

I mentioned on page 93 that Xerneas governs over Life, while Yveltal basically presides over Death.
    On the other hand, Zygarde is the balance between Life & Death (as Zygarde is related to the balance of the ecosystem where people and Pokemon spend their life). This is also reflected in its very "trio master"-ish ability, which negate Xerneas and Yveltal's ability, preventing either side from becoming too powerful and overpower the other side.

Zygarde being the balance brings to mind Rayquaza, who in R/S does nothing, but in Emerald actually acts as the "balance" between Groudon and Kyogre, calming both of them, probably via its Air Lock ability.
    A green serpent whose ability negate the ability of a red legendary and a blue legendary........sounds familiar?

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Zygarde being the balance brings to mind Rayquaza, who in R/S does nothing, but in Emerald actually acts as the "balance" between Groudon and Kyogre, calming both of them, probably via its Air Lock ability.
    A green serpent whose ability negate the ability of a red legendary and a blue legendary........sounds familiar?
    I always thought the Legendaries where similar to those of R/S/E, but I actually never saw that color resemblance. I feel like this is a good time to shout "Hoenn Confirmed" yet again :d

Whether or not there will be a Hoenn remake is probably being debate right now at Nintendo. Meanwhile, they're dropping tantalizing tidbits for us to gobble up while we wait.

As for Zygarde, all that it might do is probably already explained in the previous posts.
    So let's speculate for a moment...What do you think Xerneas and Yveltal will do to throw the world out of whack? I mean besides the life/death tug-of-war, how do you think the future game will be affected by their struggle? Will all the crops will by the power of death? Will zombies be brought back by the power of life? It's all up for speculation to give us the fillers for now.

The thing is the story vastly changes (improves IMHO) between R/S and E, so a remake would have to either A) be mainly based on R/S but be reworked in order to include the relevance of Rayquaza as well as giving the opposite villain team and the opposite legendary a role (both from E) in a way that doesn't ruin the flow of the original story (a copy and pasted addendum would be so awful as well: "Oh you finished off Team Magma/Aqua, thanks now WE Team Aqua/Magma can take over!") or B) be based on E while basically having not much of a difference between the two initial games other than the version-exclusive non-Legendary Pokémon.

On topic: I do think that, going forward with another sequel as opposed to a third version, it would make sense that if Xerneas/Yveltal is canonically captured in their respective version that the balance is already out of whack. One is free to roam with no real counter, which sets up Zygarde nicely too.
    Last edited by Hexin' Wishes; 14th March 2014 at 7:25 PM.
    Pokémon in My Safari:

Page 96 of 107 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast