Page 99 of 107 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 2655

Thread: Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

N was never bad. You can be bad and have a "pure and innocent." heart. He was raised by Pokémon for a bit and then raised by Ghestis who fed him trash. He lived a completely sheltered life with Ghestis. N isn't a villain at all.

Or at least he's less of a villain than Silver...

And regarding Legendaries being caught or not, it's quite plausible and makes sense they're not captured but I think they have been encountered.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Quote Originally Posted by PearlDex View Post
    This is exactly my point, though... well, except for the logic part. Logic does not fill in Pokémon canon otherwise there would be nothing to discuss. Sure, we get to encounter Mewtwo it in the game, but once you beat the Elite 4, the in-game canon tends to stop. Nobody ever mentions what the heroes of the games do after they leave. Basically, the story ends. So Mewtwo being in Cerulean Cave and the Pokémon village doesn't really matter since the canon's "version" of Red never really needs Red to have met Mewtwo. It doesn't change the story at all since he's only ever referred to as the trainer who beat Team Rocket and the Elite Four.
    Except the protagonist's primary goal is to complete the Pokédex and meet all kinds of Pokémon. That's why the Professor gives them a Pokédex in the first place. Cerulean Cave is noted to contain excessively powerful Pokémon, but can only be entered by Trainers who have proven themselves. So Red beats the Elite Four, and what's the logical extension of both of those points? Well, he has proven himself by becoming the Champion, and his goal is to meet encounter kinds of Pokémon and collect data on them. It stands to reason that he then explored the Cerulean Cave.

Plus, Mewtwo was put there for a reason. If either of the two encounters warrants being disregarded, it's the one in Kalos. Red encountering Mewtwo is the logical follow-up to Red becoming the Champion; even Pokémon: Origins included it. Mewtwo's presence in Kalos is little more than marketing since it's appearance isn't even explained despite the contradiction between it and previous games.

Regardless, none of this - absolutely none of it - changes the fact that people can be interested in discussing these events as an accepted part of the story without being "worried" about it or "losing sleep" over it. It's just a topic of interest and there's no reason to shut it out just because you're not as enthusiastic about the subject.

The NPCs tend to swoon whenever somebody else finds a rare pokemon and they do, occasionally, reference the old heroes' achievements: but meeting the side-legendaries is never on that list of achievements (they will mention climactic box-legend battles, though, since they can't be avoided as part of the game's story). It's preference, but I like to think the old heroes didn't necessarily find those legends. They're there to give the player something to pursue but aren't part of the story.
    But that's my point. They swoon, but it doesn't revolutionize their lives. Other than that, yeah, they're just there for the sake of adding mythology to the region.

I didn't call Black the villain. I called N the villain. I found it funny people were constantly mentioning the old trainer only to have them not only not make an appearance, but have N step in his place. N may have shrugged off Team Plasma, but he still wasn't "good" and certainly never paid for what he did. He tried making it up to everyone by stopping Ghetsis but in reality just made Ghetsis' Kyurem stronger. Thanks, N.
    That wasn't N's fault. Ghetsis intentionally lured N to Unova by abusing Kyurem and firing ice missiles into Opelucid City so that he could have Kyurem absofuse with N's dragon. N came because he cared about Kyurem like he cares about any Pokémon, and even after that he dedicated himself to becoming a bridge between people and Pokémon so that they could come to understand each other better. Even the bad things that he did in BW were done because he was misguided and had good intentions. Ghetsis was the villain of the Black and White games; N was his pawn. Everything bad that Team Plasma does can be traced back to Ghetsis, especially since he was the one who created the Team in the first place.

Hildabert were busy looking for N and likely didn't make it to Unova in time to do anything of significance. The time between Ghetsis using Kyurem as a weapon to attack Opelucid and Ghetsis' defeat isn't a terribly wide gap, and N would be quicker to respond anyway since he can communicate directly with his dragon.
    Last edited by Endolise; 23rd March 2014 at 10:38 PM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I never said the presence of a legendary revolutionizes their lives, but when one is seen or captured it is mentioned in passing. However, they rarely mention them being caught. (Trevor is one of the few I can think of who claimed to actually own one, besides N/Ghetsis, and the failed attempt by Cyrus). By the same reasoning, Gold's remake makes a beast out of Gold. Not only does he get Ho-Oh, Lugia, and the dogs, but the logical progression of becoming the champion would be to explore the cave, where Mewtwo was hiding. And the birds were there, too. And Groudon/Kyogre, Lati@s, and even Rayquaza if you've got a friend. They're just things to pursue once you beat the game and don't fall into anybody's "timeline," really. The box legends usually do since encountering them is part of the plot of the hero from each game.

As far as N goes, doing the wrong thing for the right reason doesn't make it the right thing. His "redemption" was annoying to me, especially when he just blundered into a trap in B2 and wound up making it harder for the new guys.

Whoops: 2 edits. One, somehow I didn't quote the bits I meant to but I don't think it needs re-adding. Second, it obviously doesn't matter at all, but I think it makes the canon flow together better when the post-plot legends get disregarded.

Six Generations / One Team
        Spoiler:- My Shinies:

N wasn't "doing the wrong thing for the right reason" he literally thought it was the right thing and when you have a bunch of yes men feeding you drivel, you believe it. N had far less agency in BW than you give him.
    Pokémon in My Safari:

I never said the presence of a legendary revolutionizes their lives, but when one is seen or captured it is mentioned in passing. However, they rarely mention them being caught. (Trevor is one of the few I can think of who claimed to actually own one, besides N/Ghetsis, and the failed attempt by Cyrus). By the same reasoning, Gold's remake makes a beast out of Gold. Not only does he get Ho-Oh, Lugia, and the dogs, but the logical progression of becoming the champion would be to explore the cave, where Mewtwo was hiding. And the birds were there, too. And Groudon/Kyogre, Lati@s, and even Rayquaza if you've got a friend. They're just things to pursue once you beat the game and don't fall into anybody's "timeline," really. The box legends usually do since encountering them is part of the plot of the hero from each game.
    No, but again, that's only assuming that the protagonist captures them. I did say in my first response that they may have just encountered and battled them (which is what I tend to assume). They very well could have encountered some of the post-game Legendary Pokémon and battled them but failed to capture them, and since a number of those side-quests involve good character points and/or information about the workings of the Pokémon world, I would rather they be included as far as my mind goes.

As far as N goes, doing the wrong thing for the right reason doesn't make it the right thing. His "redemption" was annoying to me, especially when he just blundered into a trap in B2 and wound up making it harder for the new guys.
    Wound up making it harder? If it weren't for N, Nate/Rosa and the entire Unova region would be frozen over and Ghetsis would be a massive power in the world. N fell into Ghetsis' trap, but he still helped and contributed majorly to Ghetsis' downfall. Luckily, Nate/Rosa were talented enough to overcome Ghetsis' Black/White Kyurem.

EDIT: Also what Hexin' said.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I refuse to understand why in the game they didn't connect Diancie to the sundial as I'm guessing they obviously are connected somehow (Diancie being it's creator making the most since)...? For a possibly different event? It seems like a such a waist to design such a major feature of the region to just let it sit their with no possible explanation or backstory...meh maybe I'm missing something.
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

Quote Originally Posted by Aonshinzo View Post
    I refuse to understand why in the game they didn't connect Diancie to the sundial as I'm guessing they obviously are connected somehow (Diancie being it's creator making the most since)...? For a possibly different event? It seems like a such a waist to design such a major feature of the region to just let it sit their with no possible explanation or backstory...meh maybe I'm missing something.
    The legend of the Anistar Sundial might be explained deeper in the third version/sequel. There are always mysteries left unsolved on the first pair of games.

.: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I'm sorry if I'm going off the current topic of discussion, but does anyone else feel exhausted by the amount of legendaries and semi-legendaries? I mean honestly, there are so many now and so many films dedicated to them I feel as if a 'Legendary Pokémon' isn't as special as it was before. I mean what's the point in getting to the end to catch a not-so-powerful legendary when you can catch about 10 along the way? I don't know, it all seems a bit too market-y and non-special to me.

No. Legendary/Mythical only ever meant "rare", it never meant "unique".

They wouldn't make it so that only 5 people in the world can have a Mythical Pokémon and they're also aware not every player was able to/did get every generation and that's why some reoccur. The anime promotes the game series hence why they use the Mythical Pokémon as a selling point. They've been this way since the first movie.

Besides, each Generation is a new region. Each new region has new mythos as a part of their history thus explaining why there are more Mythical Pokémon than the original five of Gen I. If it doesn't feel special to you then that's on you, but they're not as readily available as, say, Zubat. As of Diancie's reveal, only about 7% of the total Pokémon are Mythical.

What are "semi-legendaries" anyways? The "pseudo-Legendaries" aren't Mythical at all, they just have really good stats.
    Pokémon in My Safari:

Okay well first of all, slow down a little bit. I think you may have been missing the point of my statement.
    Of course people can't get EVERY generation, and of course all legendaries should be available to everyone. I agree with you on that. I'm only bothered by the fact that an abundance of legendaries had been added at once. Take Generation IV for example- which added 14 new Mythical Pokémon in one region. I, personally, just see it as a little bit too much. By adding an overwhelming 14 legendaries, and then another whopping 13 in Generation V, it almost seems as if it became common to encounter a legendary. (Which, statistically its not)
    I don't know, it just seems unnecessary to have so many. Its kind of hard to explain, since I was just going off emotion in saying it over marketing and gameplay. I have to agree with some of your points, it just doesn't rest well with me that there are 48 legendaries now- and the aspect of a somewhat 'all-mighty' Pokémon has been dimmed in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLadyLeafeon View Post
    it just doesn't rest well with me that there are 48 legendaries now- and the aspect of a somewhat 'all-mighty' Pokémon has been dimmed in my eyes.
    They're still exactly what they were always said to be - rare (achieved via them being limited to one per save file) and powerful (achieved via them having higher stats than most Pokémon).
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

I know! c: I'm sorry that my comment has ticked off so many people though, haha. I'm just saying that I know the facts are all there- but in my opinion, and through my feelings, it seems as if 48 is too many. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same sort of 'anxiety' about it.

I know! c: I'm sorry that my comment has ticked off so many people though, haha. I'm just saying that I know the facts are all there- but in my opinion, and through my feelings, it seems as if 48 is too many. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same sort of 'anxiety' about it.
    We (or at least I, I can't really speak for Hexin' Wishes) are not ticked off. We're simply responding to points you have raised. I don't really see any difference between how it used to be and how it is now other than the amount of Legendary Pokémon that are produced in a generation and their amount of involvement in the story. But it doesn't bother me. There are thousands, if not millions, of legends about mythical creatures in our world, so it makes sense to me that the Pokémon world would be comparable, especially in regions like Sinnoh (which is rich in mythology) and Unova (which is based on the U.S., which is known for being a cultural melting pot).
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    But it doesn't bother me. There are thousands, if not millions, of legends about mythical creatures in our world, so it makes sense to me that the Pokémon world would be comparable, especially in regions like Sinnoh (which is rich in mythology) and Unova (which is based on the U.S., which is known for being a cultural melting pot).
    Quite an interesting thing to think of! You know, sometimes for me its easily forgettable to connect things to the real world. Yet when you factor that in, it makes a lot more sense.

We have a whopping total of 719 pokemon and you think 48 legends is too much over the span of 6 generations.
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

Quote Originally Posted by Aonshinzo View Post
    We have a whopping total of 719 pokemon and you think 48 legends is too much over the span of 6 generations.
    Well, actually there are 721 Pokémon and 55 Legendary Pokémon but considering that that is still a rather small amount I see no qualms in the number of Legendary Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Well, actually there are 721 Pokémon and 55 Legendary Pokémon but considering that that is still a rather small amount I see no qualms in the number of Legendary Pokémon.
    By my count, even with the 3 new non-released ones, I get to 54, who am I missing?

Gen I: 5
    Gen II: 6
    Gen III: 10
    Gen IV: 14
    Gen V: 13
    Gen VI: 6
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade Aran View Post
    By my count, even with the 3 new non-released ones, I get to 54, who am I missing?

You counted it right. I checked it.
    There are only 54 Legendary Pokemon.

.: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade Aran View Post

Looking over at the list I made, I skipped the number 27 <.<;
    So yeah, there are 54 Legendaries, my bad ^_^;

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Looking over at the list I made, I skipped the number 27 <.<;
    So yeah, there are 54 Legendaries, my bad ^_^;
    All good, was just wondering if there was something else "legendary" that I didn't consider legendary while it actually was. ^^

But yeah, on topic, even with 721 pokemon there being 54 legends its not that bad, and this gen didn't exactly bring as many normal pokemon as previous gens did.
    Pokemon GL Medals: 135
    Successful trades completed: 25

Spoiler:- Night's Safari Info:

The only thing I don't like about the Diancie event is that it comes with a Normal Gem and not a Rock or Fairy Gem. I'm okay with it not having a special move it can't normally learn, but we already have access to Normal Gem.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

The Diancie event might not be available to NA and EU players for a while. I already have been planning to use Diancie, but overall I cannot see much people using it because it is just another carbink really. That HP is going to bring it down against key threats.

I don't have an issue with the event itself, I'm just disappointed I won't be able to use it in the Battle Maison, like any other main or event legendary. Why are we getting these legendaries when we can't even use them in places where it matters.=/

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    The only thing I don't like about the Diancie event is that it comes with a Normal Gem and not a Rock or Fairy Gem. I'm okay with it not having a special move it can't normally learn, but we already have access to Normal Gem.
    Is there any concrete evidence that the other Gems exist in XY?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Is there any concrete evidence that the other Gems exist in XY?
    pretty sure the pgl has listings for them, including a new Fairy gem

Page 99 of 107 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103 ... LastLast