Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: General Characters/Storyline Thread

Default General Characters/Storyline Thread

Discuss the colorful and unique characters, and the storyline of Pokemon X and Y here!

All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I guess I'll start this off. I have complied a list of trainer classes seen in videos and screenshots throughout 4chan, YouTube, and other various places so far.

Youngster
    Lass
    Rising Star-F
    Preschooler-M
    Preschooler-F
    Schoolboy
    Schoolgirl
    Roller Skater-M
    Roller Skater-F
    Gardener
    Beauty
    Poké Fan-M
    Poké Fan-F
    Backpacker-M
    Hiker
    Psychic-M
    Swimmer-F
    Punk Boy
    Punk Girl
    Hex Maniac
    Fairy Tale Girl
    Pokémon Ranger-M
    Tourist-F (not sure if there is a male counterpart)
    Twins (Double)
    Poké Fan Family (Double)
    Punk Couple (Double)
    Ace Trainer-F

I know this may not seem interesting to you guys, but trainer classes are a big deal to me :P

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

All characters are irreverent....besides Youngster Joey and his top percentage Scatterbug

Friend Code: 5472 - 7362 - 2623
    Kalos Dex: 67/69 Complete
    Shiny's: 0

Quote Originally Posted by King Shuckle View Post
    I guess I'll start this off. I have complied a list of trainer classes seen in videos and screenshots throughout 4chan, YouTube, and other various places so far.

Youngster
    Lass
    Rising Star-F
    Preschooler-M
    Preschooler-F
    Schoolboy
    Schoolgirl
    Roller Skater-M
    Roller Skater-F
    Gardener
    Beauty
    Poké Fan-M
    Poké Fan-F
    Backpacker-M
    Hiker
    Psychic-M
    Swimmer-F
    Punk Boy
    Punk Girl
    Hex Maniac
    Fairy Tale Girl
    Pokémon Ranger-M
    Tourist-F (not sure if there is a male counterpart)
    Twins (Double)
    Poké Fan Family (Double)
    Punk Couple (Double)
    Ace Trainer-F

I know this may not seem interesting to you guys, but trainer classes are a big deal to me :P
    Thanks a lot for this.

And it seems Looker is giving Cynthia a run for her money in most games appeared in.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Interesting.

I have been summoned to the "Looker Bureau" and then it said "Chapter 1: This guy is a real...Looker"
    It appears that Looker shows up again post-game.
    Mr. Handsome looks like a post-game staple character, and it appears that there will be a small post-game storyline involving him.

The Lumiose city promotional artwork showed two men walking side by side, the one appears to be Looker, and the other appears to be Colress. I guess it is safe to assume that Colress will also appear as other have speculated. His research about Pokemon Strength could turn out to be about Mega Evos after all.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    The Lumiose city promotional artwork showed two men walking side by side, the one appears to be Looker, and the other appears to be Colress. I guess it is safe to assume that Colress will also appear as other have speculated. His research about Pokemon Strength could turn out to be about Mega Evos after all.
    That's awesome if Colress has an appearance this Gen! Personally, I feel he is definitely one character from past games who deserves an appearance in X and Y considering he was trying to unlock the hidden strength in Pokemon and this Gen having the Mega Evolutions.

I hope we are given the chance to battle him too.
    Friend Codes:
    Black 2: 3912 9448 1448
    HeartGold: 2364 8738 7251

I figured Looker would appear. As a international policeman he could be anywhere. I'm alright with Looker appearing all over the place oddly enough.

By the way, are we allowed to name our friends/rivals? I'm not betting on being able to name Shauna, Trevor, and Tierno, but what about Calem/Serena? Are we allowed to name them? It's weird that in some cases we cannot name our main rivals anymore.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I figured Looker would appear. As a international policeman he could be anywhere. I'm alright with Looker appearing all over the place oddly enough.

By the way, are we allowed to name our friends/rivals? I'm not betting on being able to name Shauna, Trevor, and Tierno, but what about Calem/Serena? Are we allowed to name them? It's weird that in some cases we cannot name our main rivals anymore.
    Their names are set. Even Calem/Serena.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

The whole Looker storyline is really interesting. I've always wanted something like that post-game and I'm glad that it involves Xerosic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Their names are set. Even Calem/Serena.
    Too bad. I always liked naming the rivals whenever possible, but I guess it's not a big loss. I'm not at all glad to see that Looker's back though; I know some people worship the ground he walks on, but I've never really liked his character. All those little missions he has the player do seem like a fun way to pass the time during the post-game though.

What is serena/calem's teams?
    Also can we rebattle them post game?
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

Does anyone know the final teams of Shauna, Tierno, Trevor, and your rival...or where I can find out?
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Yay another indirect character reference.

Spoiler:- Lumiose City's North Pokémon Centre:

You know, someone on Route 10 does mention Colress by name, saying that he's visited the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Yay another indirect character reference.

Spoiler:- Lumiose City's North Pokémon Centre:

You know, someone on Route 10 does mention Colress by name, saying that he's visited the place.
    Drasna offers this fun fact:

Spoiler:- Not much of a spoiler, really:
    Last edited by Endolise; 12th October 2013 at 5:54 AM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

In the same building in the North Boulevard of Lumiose, there's a reference to the Riches, a random ghost girl who shows up and says I'm "not the one" and the Leader of Saffron's Fighting Dojo in person. This game has so many references to older gens, eh?

I heard from leaks that if you play as the male protagonist, you end up with Shauna, but another leaker said it was Serena? I'm confused. Does this mean girls end up with Tierno? Or is it Calem?
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Is there any list of Trainer Classes?
    Sig killed by Hydrohs, please read the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    I heard from leaks that if you play as the male protagonist, you end up with Shauna, but another leaker said it was Serena? I'm confused. Does this mean girls end up with Tierno? Or is it Calem?
    Shauna develops feelings for you if you are the boy, and if you are the girl, Shauna just wants to be friends with you.

Serena thing was a misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by vaporeon89 View Post
    Is there any list of Trainer Classes?
    http://archive.foolz.us/vp/thread/14299043/#14299043

It is an early, incomplete one, but is one nonetheless.

Bulbapedia will likely have a better one unless Joe decides to beat them to it.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

So the girl PC doesn't get a "romance" with anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by duckieninja View Post
    So the girl PC doesn't get a "romance" with anyone?
    Nope. I wouldn't be surprised to see numerous Yuri fan manga about her and Shauna to hit the Internet in a couple of months though.
    Pokemon X Team:

The rivals in this game are kind of annoying. Serena is bland as hell and Tierno has a really irritating personality. Trevor and Shauna are ok, but they're still pretty boring. The whole group dynamic is pretty interesting though, and I like how they actually... exist when you're not talking to them. It's cool to see the rivals battling trainers and what not.

Is AZ the king they all talk about ?
    3ds friend code: 0989 - 1816 - 0688

Read this.

I'm not surprised at Tierno being irritating; the moment I saw his artwork I was worried that he would be. Strange how in this case I could judge a book by its cover lol. I really don't care for the trio though (Shauna, Tierno, Trevor). I know a lot of people were happy about them when they were revealed, but the idea of having a whole group of characters who support you throughout your journey didn't really interest me. I'm only here for the two playable characters (Calem and Serena).

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    The rivals in this game are kind of annoying. Serena is bland as hell and Tierno has a really irritating personality. Trevor and Shauna are ok, but they're still pretty boring. The whole group dynamic is pretty interesting though, and I like how they actually... exist when you're not talking to them. It's cool to see the rivals battling trainers and what not.
    They are quite annoying, but what I really find annoying is the nickname they give you. They use it all the time. I chose mine without putting much thought into it and now I hate it. Is there any way to change it?

Hi! I'm freakin' out. I've completed the main game and have captured Mewtwo, but in Kiloude City I can't finde my rival. What should i do to find she? Thanks :3

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast