Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: General Characters/Storyline Thread

How do you get the Looker thing? I've beat the league and gone to Lumiose but nothing.
    Looking for any Diancie. Any IVs, any nature, cloned a million times. It's for the dex, I'll trade a shiny Dragonair for it.

Quote Originally Posted by vedil View Post
    I love that tall guy, honestly. I wonder if he appears anywhere post-game...

Spoiler:- plot:
        Spoiler:- Continuing on this:

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    How do you get the Looker thing? I've beat the league and gone to Lumiose but nothing.
        Spoiler:- Answer:
    Last edited by Sir_Adamus; 15th October 2013 at 3:15 PM.

The "tall guy" is a really interesting and mysterious character. And I wonder who he really was in the past. And I realized something. So time for more theories and rumors! XD :

Spoiler:

I know who cares, and nothing of that will be official clarified in the future. But I just love to speculate. And I want to find every hint game freak gave us with XY!
    My dshini page:
    http://www.dshini.net/de/spage/851ea...1-a064185c8567
    Recently played Koihime Musou and it was kinda like..the best thing ever. So I really want the sequel. So if you are an adult and if like visual novels..if you can, please support the official translation group: http://forums.fuwanovel.org/index.ph...ment-and-news/

Yesterday I realized the Gen VI lacks one of the things that made Gen V so great in terms of story, and that is the role of the Gym Leaders. They went from being fleshed-out characters with personalities back to being static, elemental cut-outs. Well, aside from Korrina and maybe Clemont, anyway (and possibly Wulfric as well but I haven't gotten to him yet). In Gen V, the Gym Leaders even offerred you advice - something that made them seem more like real experts. However, that, along with the Gym Leaders other than Viola, Grant, Korrina, and Clemont having "dayjobs," is unfortunately absent in Gen VI.

Another thing that kind of bothers me is that, once again...
        Spoiler:- Team Flare spoilers:
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Cynthia wasn't really useful either, to be honest.

I'll never forget how, in Platinum, she just stands there and refuses to lift a finger to help you against Cyrus.
    That's even worse than being absent, in my humble opinion.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Is it just me that I feel the storyline of Gen 6 seem rather dramatic as compare to previous gens...
    Or maybe it because of that dramatic cutscene... Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post

I'll never forget how, in Platinum, she just stands there and refuses to lift a finger to help you against Cyrus.
    I always saw that as being more "Lucas/Dawn stepping in and challenging Cyrus themselves" than "Cynthia making them do it in her place."

The exchange goes:

Cynthia: "...So you were already here. Why do you seek to change the world? If you hate our world you should just go off somewhere alone. Find somewhere where you can live without seeing others."
    Cyrus: "Why should I run and hide from the world and have to wait quietly? My aim is to rid our world of the vague and incomplete thing we call spirit. By freeing ourselves of that, our world can be made complete. That is my justice! No one can interfere!"
    Cynthia (if talked to): "But... That's no justice at all!"

At which point Lucas/Dawn prove Cyrus wrong by taking upon themselves to interfere. Cynthia was continuing her argument, and Lucas/Dawn interrupted it.

Granted, she could have battled him alongside you but that would have meant a 2-on-1 battle supporting the protagonist and we know we can't have that
    Last edited by Endolise; 15th October 2013 at 5:57 PM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post

To be fair she was probably gonna step in if the PC lost.

Is there anything after looker story wise?

Speaking of AZ, in Parfum Palace there's a painting of a man in regal outfit. Could that man in the painting be him or someone else? Anyways, I bet AZ had some connection with the Kings of Unova and perhaps waged war with them overtime. I can imagine a battalion of pawinard in columns and rows with Bisharps leading them to challenge the Unova King.

Okay, er; I'm not sure if this is the right thread, exactly. I hope so!

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Asellia View Post

Those are Hex Maniacs or as I call them, G-rated Tharjas or Misdreavus Gijinkas. You'll encounter them starting Route 15. I thought she had psychic abilities and just played a prank. She is good Pokepasta inspiration though.
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/141009l.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by OracleOfDelphox View Post
    Those are Hex Maniacs or as I call them, G-rated Tharjas or Misdreavus Gijinkas. You'll encounter them starting Route 15. I thought she had psychic abilities and just played a prank. She is good Pokepasta inspiration though.
    Thanks xD I didn't know it was. In previous games, the hex maniacs had the hats (Or well, the ones I played haha)

You know, I just had a thought of a possible role for Zygarde in a potential 3rd installment. It's classified the Order pokemon and "monitors those who destroy the ecosystem" right? What if Zygarde sensed Team Flare's impending attempt at global genocide and its way of keeping order was to manipulate events of the universe so that you (the protagonist) were able to thwart Team Flare? Or better yet it manipulated the universe to create your entire existence? A year on in the 3rd installment and Lysandre learns of Zygarde's involvement and goes after it for any potential number of reasons.

Spoiler:- Region past and wars thoery:
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Hooray for awesome Sugimori artworks of Lysandre and AZ:

Spoiler:- Made Collapsible:

These both look absolutely terrific.
    Last edited by Endolise; 16th October 2013 at 7:43 AM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Quote Originally Posted by Asellia View Post

It's not the same woman in the hotel - I went to the hotel before having that encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by GildedScizor View Post
    You know, I just had a thought of a possible role for Zygarde in a potential 3rd installment. It's classified the Order pokemon and "monitors those who destroy the ecosystem" right? What if Zygarde sensed Team Flare's impending attempt at global genocide and its way of keeping order was to manipulate events of the universe so that you (the protagonist) were able to thwart Team Flare? Or better yet it manipulated the universe to create your entire existence? A year on in the 3rd installment and Lysandre learns of Zygarde's involvement and goes after it for any potential number of reasons.
    Hmm... Maybe it partially damaged the ultimate weapon, considering it's a Ground-type and the weapon was underground as well.

I was thinking more of Xerosic using it for his own ends, as we barely get to see him in the main story.
    My Platinum Team:

Planned OmegaRuby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Yesterday I realized the Gen VI lacks one of the things that made Gen V so great in terms of story, and that is the role of the Gym Leaders. They went from being fleshed-out characters with personalities back to being static, elemental cut-outs. Well, aside from Korrina and maybe Clemont, anyway (and possibly Wulfric as well but I haven't gotten to him yet). In Gen V, the Gym Leaders even offerred you advice - something that made them seem more like real experts. However, that, along with the Gym Leaders other than Viola, Grant, Korrina, and Clemont having "dayjobs," is unfortunately absent in Gen VI.

Another thing that kind of bothers me is that, once again...
        Spoiler:- Team Flare spoilers:
    I have to agree with you on the Gym Leaders. The only ones that really stand out as characters are Korrina and Wulfric. Sure, you see some of the others outside their Gyms once, but they don't really do anything (Grant gives you the Strength HM, Clemont just turns on some lights). It didn't help that most of the Gym Leaders were pathetically easy this time around, so they never really got more than 5 minutes of screen time. What I found stranger than that was that the Elite 4 feel like more fleshed out characters than the Gym Leaders, which is incredibly odd, considering it's normally the opposite.
    Pokemon Pearl version Nuzlocke team
    Theo, Quiet Nature, Lv.36 Stella, Lonely Nature, Lv.33
    Elvis, Calm Nature, Lv.33 Clara, Hasty Nature, Lv.33
    Balthazar, Gentle Nature, Lv.33 Cassidy, Adamant Nature, Lv.33

Quote Originally Posted by Itzen View Post
    They are quite annoying, but what I really find annoying is the nickname they give you. They use it all the time. I chose mine without putting much thought into it and now I hate it. Is there any way to change it?
    Ouch, not really, haha
    Why did you think it would be irrelevant though?
    Pokemon X is AMAZING

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKreach View Post
    I have to agree with you on the Gym Leaders. The only ones that really stand out as characters are Korrina and Wulfric. Sure, you see some of the others outside their Gyms once, but they don't really do anything (Grant gives you the Strength HM, Clemont just turns on some lights). It didn't help that most of the Gym Leaders were pathetically easy this time around, so they never really got more than 5 minutes of screen time. What I found stranger than that was that the Elite 4 feel like more fleshed out characters than the Gym Leaders, which is incredibly odd, considering it's normally the opposite.
    Well, the most rememberable one was definitely the Ice type gym leader, I found the gym leaders a bit too hyped up though, I once, for example, read a back-ground story about the bug-type gym leader (the one with the camera), but at the end, she had like no personality at all... (in game, I mean)
    Pokemon X is AMAZING

Quote Originally Posted by Goten21 View Post
    Well, the most rememberable one was definitely the Ice type gym leader, I found the gym leaders a bit too hyped up though, I once, for example, read a back-ground story about the bug-type gym leader (the one with the camera), but at the end, she had like no personality at all... (in game, I mean)
    Yeah, Wulfric is probably the best Gym Leader of this generation, but that's not really saying much compared to the others.
    Pokemon Pearl version Nuzlocke team
    Theo, Quiet Nature, Lv.36 Stella, Lonely Nature, Lv.33
    Elvis, Calm Nature, Lv.33 Clara, Hasty Nature, Lv.33
    Balthazar, Gentle Nature, Lv.33 Cassidy, Adamant Nature, Lv.33

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Hooray for awesome Sugimori artworks of Lysandre and AZ:

Spoiler:- Made Collapsible:

These both look absolutely terrific.
    Wow. Impressive designs. Seeing the actual artwork for these characters makes me like them even more.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Soooo I beat the game yesterday... what. a. game! The ending was so unusual but spectacular in its own way. About time they gave us a damn parade for saving the world lol.

I love Lysandre, and not just because he looks like a mix between Axel from KH and Shi Long Lang from A.A. Investigations. He's a good villain, despite the fact that the whole concept behind Team Flare was a bit all over the place. The thing with him is that, well... I really honestly couldn't find a single flaw in his logic.

You know that moment when the bad guy makes his monologue about his idea of a solution for a better world? Usually when you play through those moments you can tell right away what was terribly wrong with their reasoning, and you could imagine yourself giving them a piece of your mind if you were actually there.

Yeah, except that with him... I really couldn't. Except for the whole "kill everyone" plan being the best solution, everything he said was absolutely true. In an actual argument, I really wouldn't have known how to contradict him, if not by insisting that the solution he presented was way too extreme.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I like AZ's art. Lysandre's is very serious.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast