Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: General Characters/Storyline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    I'd debate Berry Growing, Poke Radar, and Wardrobe completion more as extras rather then post-game content as those are more towards adding to a particular experience rather then being their own full-fledged feature. For instance, you don't really get much out of completing your clothes selection compared to beating the Battle Maison (especially if you're a boy as it's much more restricted). Friend Safari kind of falls into that, but it's more like the Safari from previous games so it's more eventful then those three.
    I only included those because Elena90 mentioned breeding, which I'd put as being about on par with those (at least in my eyes).
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    I only included those because Elena90 mentioned breeding, which I'd put as being about on par with those (at least in my eyes).
    Ah, I didn't know that was what you're trying to compare it to.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 12th November 2013 at 1:52 AM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by PearlDex View Post
    "I'm Professor Shauna - but you can call me the Pokemon Prof!

...and this is my assistant, Bianca. Now before we begin, are you a boy or a girl?"
    That would be cool, if only Shauna's last name would be something like a tree.
    But then again, she would be the most annoying regional professor so far.

Shauna rather than Trevor?

Come to think of it, Trevor would be good

Wonder if Shauna will find her own objective next game. I mean, something more specific than just enjoy the journey. *COUGH*SNKboss*Cough*

Talking seriously, I know the group of friends had little development and all, but Tierno and Trevor did have their own dream. Shauna was just, tagging along and enjoying it. I think if we get a XY2 it could show what path she took in the end.
    Last edited by YonaNoveau; 12th November 2013 at 6:33 PM.

I feel like Tierno, Trevor, and Shauna were really underdeveloped by the end. Even if we don't get to battle Tierno, we should see his dance team. Maybe Trevor gives us a peek at his completed pokedex. Shauna doesn't have a goal, but an extra post game event would go a long way to show us where she is now. Serena/Calem were played up nicely during the story so a battle per day thing is really okay for now.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmi012 View Post
    Even if we don't get to battle Tierno, we should see his dance team.
    We do get to battle Tierno; twice, in fact.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Tierno's team doesn't really scream out "dancers". It would be better if he had Pokemon that actually dances, instead of just having moves which has "Dance" in it. Like, he should have Ludicolo (that thing dances, even in its animation) and Bellossom (the dex says it dances to bring out the sun, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Au Au View Post
    Tierno's team doesn't really scream out "dancers". It would be better if he had Pokemon that actually dances, instead of just having moves which has "Dance" in it. Like, he should have Ludicolo (that thing dances, even in its animation) and Bellossom (the dex says it dances to bring out the sun, etc).
    Tierno is probably my least favorite character, and this is part of it. "Pokemon Dancing" is sort of dumb anyway (would have been alleviated with the inclusion of Musicals or something), but it was worsened by his team not really reflecting a "Dancer's" team!

Well it seems I'm not the only one that thinks there will be another pair rather than a Z version and the thing that makes me believe that is that gamefreak seems to be really promoting trading this gen (as if they weren't doing it enough already). but I do believe it will be different than B2W2. I was thinking maybe XZ and YZ. or something to differentiate it more from gen v but to keep the pair of second installments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    Well it seems I'm not the only one that thinks there will be another pair rather than a Z version and the thing that makes me believe that is that gamefreak seems to be really promoting trading this gen (as if they weren't doing it enough already). but I do believe it will be different than B2W2. I was thinking maybe XZ and YZ. or something to differentiate it more from gen v but to keep the pair of second installments.
    Maybe Z can be a sequel, but I can see either possibility.
    My Platinum Team:

Planned OmegaRuby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    The rivals in this game are kind of annoying. Serena is bland as hell and Tierno has a really irritating personality. Trevor and Shauna are ok, but they're still pretty boring. The whole group dynamic is pretty interesting though, and I like how they actually... exist when you're not talking to them. It's cool to see the rivals battling trainers and what not.
    With so many "rivals" I really expected more battles out of them. I was a little let down by that.
    Pokemon X FC: 1934-2095-9657
    Friend Safari Type: Poison

Is it just me who thought the Looker missions were really dumb? Didn't care for them at all. Ok, it was cool to see Malva and get more character development for her yet that's the only thing I really liked about it. I imagine Emma will be an Elite 4 member in Z if there is one.
    Last edited by Jack5326; 13th November 2013 at 12:43 PM.
    Jack5326
    3DS Friend Code: 2251-5260-4403
    Type Friend Safari with Ponyta, Larvesta and Braixen!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack5326 View Post
    Is it just me who thought the Looker missions were really dumb? Didn't care for them at all. Ok, it was cool to see Malva and get more character development for her yet that's the only thing I really liked about it. I imagine Emma will be an Elite 4 member in Z if there is one.
    It was a pretty silly post-game story, but then again, Looker is sort of a crappy character, and his missions fit. He's meant to be a dramatic failure of a detective, and his missions reflect that. The final two missions were the only worthwhile ones, and even then it would have been nice to have them elongated. The entire ordeal felt cut short because you'd have a mission as soon as you left his office, and the whole thing was forgettable.

Emma was a nice thing that came out of it, though. Chances are, the
        Spoiler:- Emma:

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Tierno is probably my least favorite character, and this is part of it. "Pokemon Dancing" is sort of dumb anyway (would have been alleviated with the inclusion of Musicals or something), but it was worsened by his team not really reflecting a "Dancer's" team!
    Yeah, Tierno was by far my least favourite of the group. His whole dancing shtick felt was incredibly tacked on, as if it was just there to make him have some sort of gimmick and to act as some filler dialogue. His lines regarding it was pretty cheesy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack5326 View Post
    I'm happy that they were there, but yeah, the missions as a whole were kind of underwhelming. I applaud them for attempting to create a more dramatic storyline but it just... wasn't. You had all these deep, thoughtful soliloquies from Looker and the other characters, but the storylines just didn't have enough impact for me to be able to take them seriously. I enjoyed seeing Xerosic and Malva again though, because Team Flare were lacking some serious character development outside of Lysandre.

I also think that the missions were hampered by the levels of the Pokemon you were fighting. I know it was more focused on the storyline, but I'd like if the battles provided some sort of challenge. There really should have been a second E4 round so they could have increased the levels of Essentia and the other trainers.

Yeah, while Tierno's storyline was unique, it was pointless. I mean, Trevor had the stereotypical "fill the Pokédex" role, and Calem/Serena the stereotypical "wanna be a strong Trainer that takes on Gyms!" role. Shauna had the role of a curious girl who loves friendship and bonds (On paper a fitting role for the concept of the games) but Tierno felt like a stuck-on character to fill a "group of friends". I understand that they couldn't do anything like Musicals or Contests due to them not being present.

Maybe something involving the Boutiques or Hotels, or maybe History Student that wanted to explore the past of Kalos (Maybe involving the story behind the King etc.)

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    Yeah, while Tierno's storyline was unique, it was pointless. I mean, Trevor had the stereotypical "fill the Pokédex" role, and Calem/Serena the stereotypical "wanna be a strong Trainer that takes on Gyms!" role. Shauna had the role of a curious girl who loves friendship and bonds (On paper a fitting role for the concept of the games) but Tierno felt like a stuck-on character to fill a "group of friends". I understand that they couldn't do anything like Musicals or Contests due to them not being present.

Maybe something involving the Boutiques or Hotels, or maybe History Student that wanted to explore the past of Kalos (Maybe involving the story behind the King etc.)
    Yeah, and his team wasn't very 'dancy'. Maybe in z, they'll give him something.

How'd everybody feel about lysandre's death?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    Yeah I expected them to at least give him dancing pokemon like Ludicolo, Hitmontop, or Meloetta (very unlikely). I hope he becomes a Fighting type gym leader in Z; it would actually give him a purpose. As for the rest, I foresee Serena/Calem as Champion, Shauna as rival (or secondary rival), and Trevor as the professor's assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    How'd everybody feel about lysandre's death?
    He'll be back, the Pokemon villains always come back. :P

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

I want Lysandre to come back bat **** psycho in the next game. The man is potentially immortal, I mean, c'mon! haha

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

The rival never challenges Gyms. He/She was just there to compare strength, and somehow that made YOU the Gary of the relationship.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    The rival never challenges Gyms. He/She was just there to compare strength, and somehow that made YOU the Gary of the relationship.
    Yeah, except that Gary always loses to the player. And we ain't losing to him / her.
    Would be fun, though, if he/she comes back in Z/X2Y2/whatever as a Gym Leader, E4 member, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Actually, right after your group exits Santalune Forest, Calem/Serena say that they are going to take on the Gym.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    He'll be back, the Pokemon villains always come back. :P
    Cyrus never came back. Unless he's planning his return as we speak

Quote Originally Posted by Au Au View Post
    Yeah, except that Gary always loses to the player. And we ain't losing to him / her.
    That, and Blue is a jerk who took way too long to get his priorities straightened out. I'm not sure about everyone with the jerk part, but I'm sure we know our priorities enough to not challenge our rival to a battle when the villains are up to their, well, villainy.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast