Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast
Results 751 to 775 of 781

Thread: General Characters/Storyline Thread

  1. #751
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    5,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Doesn't Pokerus only affect EVs? That wouldn't really help you level up faster.
    Oops. My bad. Thanks for pointing that out. Fixed my previous post.

    .: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  2. #752
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SE asia, Phiippines.
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I don't see how the reveal of Floette-E makes this any more likely. And IMO, it would be a bit too awkward if AZ's Floette acted like a queen. She might play a role in the storyline, though.
    So, having a pokemon literally "talk" in a Main Series Pokemon game like in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon just doesn't fit for your taste? That's how I can respectfully see it. They somehow did it in last generation's plot.

    In my observations, this generation and last gen took ideas most from the popular plotline of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers Saga in terms of depth. Not just grittiness and dark themes. But I'm curious to know something that you may know. Just about how many players, both old and new, wanted Pokemon to be very detailed in terms of plot?

    Is the western market a big fan of grim plots and character detail? Cause from what I've been seeing as of currently in my observation in the different elements of the franchise, they wanted Pokemon to be bold with their themes. Not something for the young always. More for themes adults can relate, and less themes that children could understand.

    How about characters representing themes and tropes of Survivor's Guilt, Anti-Patriotism, Vengence, and the like?
    Current Chapter: 37: A Tragic Deja Vu (Click the Banner above)
    Also, the next chapter for this story of mine will be the last one I'll post for this site.

  3. #753
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    So I've just been playing the Looker quests as my 3DS won't connect to the wifi for some reason. Who at Gamefreak decided to put this here? It's an abomination! I hate it being at the end of the game.

    But before you tell me to calm down, let me explain. It is not the looker quests being bad that I am... vexed (to be polite) about. I think they're some of the best written parts of pokemon that I have seen. Sure the story of "Team x is trying to take over the world by using the power of pokemon A and you must harness pokemon B's left shin to stop them before going on to demolish the elite 4" was interesting. But it's been some time since I first played Ruby... doing it again in sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Black and now X has started to grate a bit. I'm tired of the standard copy pasted tale told in the pokemon games. Red didn't spoon feed me a legendary and then send me off to E4 with my massive "anti E4" pokemon. Soul Silver, although it did rather spoon feed me Lugia, Didn't insist I get it to foil team Rocket's plans. Truth be told I just had to look up the story of silver to work out why I was sent to the depths of whirl island. It certainly didn't have anything to do with the plot. The kimono girls just decided "HEY, Have a Legendary" like some japanese Skinflint Parsimonious (google Bleak Expectations) and the player gets it. The real issue I have with Looker and his run about all over lumiose is that it shows what Pokemon is missing. Story telling, quests, things to fill the time. It could be much improved with a little more distance between each town/city and characters that issue their own little quests. Wouldn't it feel like a more complete game to have actual tasks that allowed you to train along the way and dungeons and caves that served as more than a route from A to B? Looker has been a little taste of what Gamefreak can do and my appetite has certainly been whetted.

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    So, having a pokemon literally "talk" in a Main Series Pokemon game like in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon just doesn't fit for your taste? That's how I can respectfully see it. They somehow did it in last generation's plot.
    No, I think that it's awkward to see Pokemon acting like humans in the main games. Especially when it puts said Pokemon in a romantic relationship with a human.

    Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    In my observations, this generation and last gen took ideas most from the popular plotline of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers Saga in terms of depth. Not just grittiness and dark themes. But I'm curious to know something that you may know. Just about how many players, both old and new, wanted Pokemon to be very detailed in terms of plot?

    Is the western market a big fan of grim plots and character detail? Cause from what I've been seeing as of currently in my observation in the different elements of the franchise, they wanted Pokemon to be bold with their themes. Not something for the young always. More for themes adults can relate, and less themes that children could understand.

    How about characters representing themes and tropes of Survivor's Guilt, Anti-Patriotism, Vengence, and the like?
    Yeah, western gamers generally like dark and gritty plots.

    Also, AZ's character arc isn't too far off from Survivor's Guilt.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  5. #755
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I don't see how the reveal of Floette-E makes this any more likely. And IMO, it would be a bit too awkward if AZ's Floette acted like a queen. She might play a role in the storyline, though.
    I think she probably will play a part in the next stories. It seems like the 3rd is setting up for something big to happen. I wonder who else would come back/was immortal and is now going to be revealed. Maybe AZ's brother is also still alive and Lysandre is still okay. I think Zygarde will have a Mega Evolution, because his heart could react with Lysandre's/AZ's.

  6. #756
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Climbing Mt. Coronet
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    I think she probably will play a part in the next stories. It seems like the 3rd is setting up for something big to happen. I wonder who else would come back/was immortal and is now going to be revealed. Maybe AZ's brother is also still alive and Lysandre is still okay. I think Zygarde will have a Mega Evolution, because his heart could react with Lysandre's/AZ's.
    If Lysandre used Xerneas/Yveltal to power AZ's machine, what did AZ use? Just the living Pokémon, or maybe he used Zygarde? If the latter is correct, I doubt AZ would be too friendly with Zygarde.
    My Emerald Team:


    Planned OmegaRuby Team:

  7. #757
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Why do you want to know?
    Posts
    47

    Default

    I still think that there wasn't much to the game. I stopped playing it and went back to playing Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds. I'm not saying X and Y were bad, they weren't. There was just no depth. I just hope that the third game will have TONS to do. And, is it just me, or are there practically NO legendaries? I mean, there's Yveltal, Xerneas, Zygarde, and Diancie. That's not a lot. Kinda boring if you ask me. I mean, all the other gens had tons of legendaries. Only one I can think of that didn't have many legendaries is gen 1. Mew, Mewtwo, Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno. Though that's still more than gen 6. In gen 2 there was Suicune, Raikou, Entei, Lugia, Ho-oh, and Celebi, gen 3 had Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latios, Latias, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi, and Deoxys(damn that's a lot), gen 4 was Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Regigigas, Cresselia, Darkrai, Heatran, Shaymin, Phione, Manaphy, and Arceus, and gen 5 had Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Meloetta, Keldeo, Genesect, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem. Gen 6 seems dull in comparison. Also, that can't leave much room for movies. Since there aren't many legendaries, there isn't much to go by with the movies. But, that's just my opinion.

    ~Ayra~

  8. #758
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrafeneres View Post
    I still think that there wasn't much to the game. I stopped playing it and went back to playing Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds. I'm not saying X and Y were bad, they weren't. There was just no depth. I just hope that the third game will have TONS to do.
    Third games generally tend to have more to do than the first two, so it probably will. But then again, this game had less than most beginning of generation games normally do (DP, BW1, and maybe RS have more replay value than this).

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrafeneres View Post
    And, is it just me, or are there practically NO legendaries? I mean, there's Yveltal, Xerneas, Zygarde, and Diancie. That's not a lot. Kinda boring if you ask me. I mean, all the other gens had tons of legendaries. Only one I can think of that didn't have many legendaries is gen 1. Mew, Mewtwo, Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno. Though that's still more than gen 6. In gen 2 there was Suicune, Raikou, Entei, Lugia, Ho-oh, and Celebi, gen 3 had Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latios, Latias, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi, and Deoxys(damn that's a lot), gen 4 was Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Regigigas, Cresselia, Darkrai, Heatran, Shaymin, Phione, Manaphy, and Arceus, and gen 5 had Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Meloetta, Keldeo, Genesect, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem. Gen 6 seems dull in comparison. Also, that can't leave much room for movies. Since there aren't many legendaries, there isn't much to go by with the movies. But, that's just my opinion.
    6th gen actually has two more event Pokemon which have not been officially revealed (Hoopa and Volcanion), which puts it just above 1st gen and on par with 2nd gen in terms of number of total legendaries. In terms of main game legendaries though, it doesn't have that much. But I wouldn't have wanted them to cram the game with a zillion legendaries anyway, that makes them less special. Having an extra trio of legendaries would've been nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  9. #759
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever *****s go
    Posts
    5,042

    Default

    RS were great, but there's no way they had more replay value than XY. The only thing they had was the Battle Tower, XY at least has the Looker Missions and the mega stone hunt (and also breeding, multiplayer and what not is way easier and more fun to do post-game than it was in RS).

  10. #760
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbro223 View Post
    If Lysandre used Xerneas/Yveltal to power AZ's machine, what did AZ use? Just the living Pokémon, or maybe he used Zygarde? If the latter is correct, I doubt AZ would be too friendly with Zygarde.
    AZ used Xerneas/Yveltal. The Mega Stones were created when regular stones were infused with the energies of Xerneas/Yveltal via the blast from the ultimate weapon 3,000 years prior, so one of those two had to be in the machine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrafeneres View Post
    And, is it just me, or are there practically NO legendaries? I mean, there's Yveltal, Xerneas, Zygarde, and Diancie. That's not a lot. Kinda boring if you ask me. I mean, all the other gens had tons of legendaries. Only one I can think of that didn't have many legendaries is gen 1. Mew, Mewtwo, Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno.
    First of all, I suspect that the small number of Legendary Pokémon is a response to the enormous amount of people who kept saying that they added too many in Gens IV and V, as well as a way to recapture the spirit of Gen I as these games tried to do.

    Second, Gen VI introduced six Legendary Pokémon. Hoopa and Volcanion are our other two event-only Pokémon, and that puts it on par with Gen II as far as the number of new Legendary Pokémon goes. The only difference is that the ratio of in-game vs. event-only Pokémon is 50/50 instead of 80/20.

    Third, these games also included Mewtwo and the Winged Mirages. In total, that gives Kalos ten region-relevant Legendary Pokémon, with four per game cart being catchable in-game without an event (one of the Winged Mirages, Mewtwo, and two of the Mortality Trio. That's just as many as RBY (the Winged Mirages and Mewtwo), one fewer than GSC and FRLG (the Legendary Beasts and the Tower Duo in GSC; the Winged Mirages, Mewtwo, and one of the Legendary Beasts in FRLG), two fewer than RS (the Legendary Golems, one of the Eon Duo, and two of the Weather Trio), three fewer than Emerald and BW (the Legendary Golems, one of the Eon Duo, and the Weather Trio in Emerald; the Swords of Justice, two of the Kami Trio, and two of the Tao Trio in BW), four fewer than DP (the Lake Trio, two of the Spacetime Trio, Heatran, Regigigas, and Cresselia), eight fewer than Platinum and HGSS (the Winged Mirages, the Lake Trio, the Spacetime Trio, Heatran, Regigigas, and Cresselia in Platinum; the Winged Mirages, Mewtwo, the Legendary Beasts, the Tower Duo, one of the Eon Duo, and two of the Weather Trio in HGSS) and eleven fewer than B2W2 (the Legendary Golems, one of the Eon Duo, the Lake Trio, Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, the Swords of Justice, and two of the Tao Trio).

    All in all, as far as in-game Legendary Pokémon go, XY aren't lacking any more significantly than most of the installments thus far. Granted that they are tied for the least amount, but DP, Platinum, HGSS, and B2W2 are the only ones that outnumber it by more than three.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  11. #761
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    133

    Default

    I think what she means is there was no sub-legendary trio, which was what I still can't understand. Each gen has had one, gen 1 with the bird trio. Gen 2 with the beast trio. Gen 3 with the regi. Gen 4 with the lake trio. and gen 5 with the justice trio (but had the genie trio which is kinda confusing). I don't know if they didn't add these for this gen because gen 5 kinda had two?
    Has left Serebii forums.

  12. #762
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    5,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkiePieFox View Post
    I think what she means is there was no sub-legendary trio, which was what I still can't understand. Each gen has had one, gen 1 with the bird trio. Gen 2 with the beast trio. Gen 3 with the regi. Gen 4 with the lake trio. and gen 5 with the justice trio (but had the genie trio which is kinda confusing). I don't know if they didn't add these for this gen because gen 5 kinda had two?
    The Swords of Justice is technically a quartet, considering Keldeo as part of the group. So Gen 5 only have the Forces of Nature trio.

    As for Gen 6 having no sub trio, I'm actually fine with that. The main legends doesn't really have much story into them, and having another three that will be put for the heck of expanding the Dex and post-game content is not really worth it... I think.

    .: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  13. #763
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    329

    Default

    A sequel/third version exclusive trio would be exciting. Secretly, I'm still hoping for a Fossil trio as a post-game with a neo-Flare in the next games.

    I thought XY had a good general plot, but it was ruined by a lack of detail in terms of interesting characters, whereas boring characters, in my opinion, were over developed. And the post-game was so poor, after BW and having another half of a region to explore, and HGSS where we got to another one altogether, I think we were really let down. Here's to hoping GF and Pokemon do a good job in improving the region and it's plots in the next game..
    You rock, and you rule!

    Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do anything. Truth is, you can do anything.

    Aim for the top, and be...a Pokémon master!!!
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Pokémon X team:
    - Froakie
    - Torchic
    - Bulbasaur
    -?????
    -?????
    -?????

  14. #764
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,290

    Default

    I wonder if AZ actually ever encountered Zygarde. Unlike Lysandre, AZ actually had a effect on the ecosystem so I wonder if Zygarde came after him. Would be interesting to address in the next games.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  15. #765
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    65

    Default

    AZ's Floette is a douche for allowing its friend to suffer and search for it for 3000 years.

    Dunno if I'd be happy to see it again.
    Last edited by PokeBash; 18th May 2014 at 3:57 PM.

  16. #766

    Default

    Gosh these rival (Calum) is soooo annoying.. I mean... He is soo weak and I have to battle it all the time......

  17. #767
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Travere View Post
    Gosh these rival (Calum) is soooo annoying.. I mean... He is soo weak and I have to battle it all the time......
    Calem isn't a guy?

    Also, you only Battle Calem (or Serena) in the Tower of Mastery, Coumarine City, Route 14, Anistar City, and Victory Road, so that's literally only five times.

  18. #768
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    County General Hospital
    Posts
    926

    Default

    It's rivals like X and Y had that make me wish they would go back to your rival being a jerk to you.
    The only kind of rival that's fun to beat the ants off.

    Every time I beat Sarena, I wish I hadn't in the end.

    Trevor and Tierno I didn't like either. Tierno was just 100 different kinds of annoying.

    I'm not sure if I gave my opinion on Team Flare elsewhere on the forums and said something different about them, so if I did, I have a different opinion of them now: I'm indifferent to them.
    Hoenn confirmed
    November 21st
    Are you ready?


    Claimed by me!

    Mega Wishlist:
    (<primal)

  19. #769
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller2001 View Post
    It's rivals like X and Y had that make me wish they would go back to your rival being a jerk to you.
    The only kind of rival that's fun to beat the ants off.
    Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I prefer the more story-oriented "friend" rivals. Blue, to me, was just insufferable and frustrating. I don't think I ever enjoyed an encounter with him, even after winning.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  20. #770
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    in the shade
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Speaking about rivals,(Sarena,Calem?) the one that you didn't choose at the begining. When they are teaching you to catch pokemon at the begining it is mentioned that he/shes parents are famous pokemon trainers. I believe after that they (The parents) are not mentioned again. Besides that one mentioned, is anything else known about who the parents are or anything?

  21. #771
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unkownshadow View Post
    Speaking about rivals,(Sarena,Calem?) the one that you didn't choose at the begining. When they are teaching you to catch pokemon at the begining it is mentioned that he/shes parents are famous pokemon trainers. I believe after that they (The parents) are not mentioned again. Besides that one mentioned, is anything else known about who the parents are or anything?
    Well, you can talk to her mother at her house in Vaniville Town, but other than that, no. And I don't think it said that they were "famous" Trainers, but rather, just very skilled Trainers. I may be wrong about that, though. As far as I know, only your mother was described as "famous" since she is a world-renowned Rhyhorn racer.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  22. #772
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    in the shade
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Yeah, your right (my bad) it saids that they were skilled trainers. With that i thought that they would be mentioned, or have an connection with the game like a gym leader or something.

  23. #773
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Well, you can talk to her mother at her house in Vaniville Town, but other than that, no. And I don't think it said that they were "famous" Trainers, but rather, just very skilled Trainers. I may be wrong about that, though. As far as I know, only your mother was described as "famous" since she is a world-renowned Rhyhorn racer.
    Actually, someone with a Male Veteran Sprite in Snowbelle says that his son (if you are Serena) or his daughter (if you are Calem) left on their journey around the same time as you.
    And, that would be presumed to be Serena/Calem's father, I'd say.

    So at least that gives some more info regarding their family, and hints that at least their father was a Trainer, although going off of Sprites alone isn't really reliable.

  24. #774
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    philadelphia
    Posts
    622

    Default

    it seems that every generation since gold silver and Crystal everyone complains about their rivals. maybe they should go back to your rivals hating you. I missed rivals who hated you like silver(I think that's his name) and gary.
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

  25. #775
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bushie View Post
    it seems that every generation since gold silver and Crystal everyone complains about their rivals. maybe they should go back to your rivals hating you. I missed rivals who hated you like silver(I think that's his name) and gary.
    Technically Silver has no canon name, and the latetr is Blue.

    I wouldn't mind another Rival similar to the former (but Blue can go not exist), but only if Female, or if minor, we don't have enough Rivals of either kind.

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •