Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: General Characters/Storyline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    I only meant like a small disguise. Heck, a hat or a wig which hides his flaming orange hair would of been enough haha!
    Oh, okay. That makes more sense. LOL

How do you trigger the Looker sidequest? I've beaten the Elite Four and heard he shows up in Lumiose City afterwards, but I haven't been able to find him anywhere. Is there something else you have to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Kataphrut View Post
    How do you trigger the Looker sidequest? I've beaten the Elite Four and heard he shows up in Lumiose City afterwards, but I haven't been able to find him anywhere. Is there something else you have to do?
    Go to Kiloude City and earn at least one BP at the Battle Maison, after which Calem/Serena will appear to the north of the city. Talk to them, battle them, after which you are told that Sycamore wants you to go to Anistar City. Meet him there, and then when you next go to Lumiose City Looker will call you.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatKoolKidOverThere View Post
    Mmm, I'm still gonna stand my ground on the whole rival/partners thing. But I suppose the Flare Grunt thing makes enough sense. Most people (such as myself) would never have read about Masuda's intention though, and would have instead taken them for face value.
    Team Flare's Grunt characterisation makes a little more sense when you consider that most of them paid their way onto the team so they didn't have to die come the ultimate weapon being activated. They're inept rich people.
    Last edited by Sir_Adamus; 26th October 2013 at 11:51 AM.

so can anyone tell the when XY timeline happen
    is XY happen after BW2 or before BW2 ?
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    We don't know. Nothing really hints at it, but it's definitely after DPPt because of what we find out during the Looker sidequest.

Yeah, it's definitely after 4th gen. I assume that it's also after the 5th gen since Sina and Dexio state that the Fairy type was recently classified.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Yeah, it's definitely after 4th gen. I assume that it's also after the 5th gen since Sina and Dexio state that the Fairy type was recently classified.
    We can't be sure it's after 5th Gen. They could go the anime route and say "Oh, no. Fairy type has been here all along! "

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSceptile View Post
    We can't be sure it's after 5th Gen. They could go the anime route and say "Oh, no. Fairy type has been here all along! "
    No, they specifically state that it was newly discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    No, they specifically state that it was newly discovered.
    Yeah, I guess so. Also in the castle place (I forget it's name!!) there are statues of Reshiram and Zekrom in the gardens.

Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    Presumably, it takes place after Gen V. There is a man in the central Lumiose Pokémon Center who says "Have you heard of Team Plasma? Apparently it was making news a while back in the Unova region..."

Personally, I find it unlikely that he is referring only to Team Plasma 1.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Presumably, it takes place after Gen V. There is a man in the central Lumiose Pokémon Center who says "Have you heard of Team Plasma? Apparently it was making news a while back in the Unova region..."

Additionally, a person at Rt.10 if I don't remember wrong, tells you about Colress actually visited the Kalos reigon in order to seek some information regarding the mysterious stone. So, probably it is most likely after Gen V.

POKÉMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE | IGN: VITTORIA | 3DS FC: 2165 - 6014 - 0811

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post

I still think it's entirely possible that it takes place in-between BW and BW2. There's not really any evidence that disproves it, so it could well be either, but both are equally likely if you ask me.
    Pokemon Pearl version Nuzlocke team
    Theo, Quiet Nature, Lv.36 Stella, Lonely Nature, Lv.33
    Elvis, Calm Nature, Lv.33 Clara, Hasty Nature, Lv.33
    Balthazar, Gentle Nature, Lv.33 Cassidy, Adamant Nature, Lv.33

Personally I think it's the latest game chronologically. Look at the Pokédex and the Holo Caster. Sure, they were bound to be high-tech due to the game mechanics etc. but that could suggest they are after.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Adamus View Post

Team Flare's Grunt characterisation makes a little more sense when you consider that most of them paid their way onto the team so they didn't have to die come the ultimate weapon being activated. They're inept rich people.
    Hm the people lydere considers worthy to live are people who can pay 5 mil pokeyen? Hm maybe his intentions were not as nobal as he made them out to be. Maybe his plan was more like create a doomsday cult, make them all pay in some secret bank account that works with shady people, destroy Kalos entirely, disquise himself and live the rest of his live in idel luxery at the sevii islands.

Just finished the main story a few days back. While I enjoyed the 3D experience, the story was pretty mediocre. I didn't see any theme going on and it seems like it was just a random mix of events. It was only at the ending credits, when there was that bit of some song lyrics/poetry that helped put the story into quite a perspective. This generation of X & Y explored the meanings of life and death, to live in the moment and to the fullest. To love, hope and dream while one is still alive.

I thought the idea of having 4 friends following you around was kinda overcrowding. Hated having to think of a name, and then a nickname (I'm very particular with these things). Looking back now, I guess they represented the part of life where you have friends share similar dreams/goals and work to achieving them together.

AZ and Lysandre both had different endings, quite the opposite actually. Both seeked redemption but one was fueled by hate, the other with regret.

It isn't as amazing as Black&White's massively EPIC themes and plot, but I guess it is better than Sinnoh's and I do hope to see what more GameFreak has in store.

Personally I thought the game play was what really made this. The story just wasn't on the same level as BW. I also agree that it takes place after gen V.

At least all characters made a little sense for where we find them, but I really missed what it feels on Black&White as almost every city you find your friends and they went with you...even the gym leaders and Elite4 helped you with the adventure.

I was truthfully upset and disappointed with how little there is in the gameplay. No contests or battle frontier, it felt really, well, short. I finished mine in 15 hours. My previous record was 32 hours with White 2. There was no side stuff at all. That was really disappointing. In addition, there were only 3 legendary Pokemon. That was EXTREMELY depressing. I will admit, the mega evolution stuff was fun. I just think, that, the major focus was on the character customization. Cause, in my opinion, the plot was WAY too short and shallow. There was no depth at all. I didn't like that. I seriously hope they do MASSIVE upgrades to the third game. But, again, this is just my opinion.

~Ayra~
    "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it is what you do with the gift of life, that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
    "The only thing we can be is ourselves, we can't be someone else, and someone else can't be us." -Kelly Smith
    3DS FC 1048-8196-8009
    Type:Flying
    Spearow, Woobat, Hawlucha
    ^Click to go to my Ribbon Sprites thread, in need of some ideas^
    Currently working on:
        Spoiler:- Ribbons I'm working on:
    [img]http://i44.*******.com/23t2pg8.png[/img]
    Credit to AWildMew for the Shinjoh Connection userbar

I finished the game the other day and caught Zygarde and Mewtwo. Started the looker quests now. Is this all there is to post game? Bit disappointing... I agree with Ayra contests or something would have been nice. Hey ho, guess it's shiny hunting time~

My shinys: Pokemon Y~ Skrelp, Shellder~Cloyster, Bergmite, Poliwhirl~Politoad, Snorunt~Froslass, Wingull, Quilladin.
    Friend code: 0559-6908-3462. Trying to complete Pokedex. Need Meloetta, Keldeo & Landorus.
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV Online, Final Fantasy X HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Adamus View Post
    Go to Kiloude City and earn at least one BP at the Battle Maison, after which Calem/Serena will appear to the north of the city. Talk to them, battle them, after which you are told that Sycamore wants you to go to Anistar City. Meet him there, and then when you next go to Lumiose City Looker will call you.
    Thanks. I missed Serena last time, now I've done it.

I have to say, that whole thing with Looker was just beautiful. The writing and characterisation in those missions put the entirety of the generic main plot to shame and even gave Black and White a run for their money in places. I don't normally go for the upgraded third versions, but if Pokemon Z is really going to follow up on that (and the game hints that it might) then I might just have to grab it for that.

Looking back on it, the only really bad rival was Tierno. They must have run out of ideas when they got up to him since the other characters at least had their decent moments and Serena/Calem were pretty well done. His dancing obsession might have worked better if it either wasn't his sole character trait or if Pokemon dancing was actually something you could do in the game, like the contests. Then he might actually be identifiable. Shauna was alright as a the 'heart' of the group and I'm sure the fan-fic writers and shippers are going to have a field day with her, and Trevor just needed to have better Pokemon for his battles so his goal of filling the Pokedox looked like it had some legs. Also, maybe looking like Justin Bieber, acting like Max and being named 'Trevor' in the year of Grand Theft Auto V didn't help him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kataphrut View Post
    Thanks. I missed Serena last time, now I've done it.

I have to say, that whole thing with Looker was just beautiful. The writing and characterisation in those missions put the entirety of the generic main plot to shame and even gave Black and White a run for their money in places. I don't normally go for the upgraded third versions, but if Pokemon Z is really going to follow up on that (and the game hints that it might) then I might just have to grab it for that.

Looking back on it, the only really bad rival was Tierno. They must have run out of ideas when they got up to him since the other characters at least had their decent moments and Serena/Calem were pretty well done. His dancing obsession might have worked better if it either wasn't his sole character trait or if Pokemon dancing was actually something you could do in the game, like the contests. Then he might actually be identifiable. Shauna was alright as a the 'heart' of the group and I'm sure the fan-fic writers and shippers are going to have a field day with her, and Trevor just needed to have better Pokemon for his battles so his goal of filling the Pokedox looked like it had some legs. Also, maybe looking like Justin Bieber, acting like Max and being named 'Trevor' in the year of Grand Theft Auto V didn't help him.
    The rivals start to make sense in concept when you consider that they're modeled after specific player archetypes. Calem/Serena are modeled after the player that rushes through the game after a few hours of grinding and get increasingly frustrated against that one boss they can't beat. Shauna's modeled after the player that plays the game for the story. Trevor, rather obviously, is modeled after the 'gotta catch 'em all' player, and Tierno is modeled after the type of player that likes their team to have a specific theme, in his case all his mons have at least one move with 'Dance' in the name.

Nice storyline!

Is there anyone out there that has patched their game and is still working on their badges? Find the couple looking toward Prism Tower near the end of Vernal Avenue in Lumiose City and let me know what they say please. I know that some NPC dialogue changes every now and then, but the original line was funnier. Just curious if it changed after I had finished my badges or something. I haven't even gone through the Elite 4 yet (at over 100 hours lol).

But at least I have the previous dialogue saved...
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

According to a woman in Le Yeah, Siebold will sometimes meet up with Grant and Valerie and treat them to a great meal.

Make of that what you will.

the looker missions were great especially the end, i won't spoil it for you. i thought serena was a good rival not great i miss the days of C/S/G when your rival hated you. also i think your rivals in the hoenn region were the worst brendan/may/wally.they were terrible. they had no personality com0letely irrelevant.
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast