Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: General Characters/Storyline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by repoman View Post
    Anyone know where to find the Looker tickets? I already accepted the mission and read the diaries with the locations, but when I go there they aren't there. Help?
    The main site has them all listed: http://www.serebii.net/xy/looker.shtml
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    The main site has them all listed: http://www.serebii.net/xy/looker.shtml
    Yeah, I looked there already and checked all around the sites, but they aren't there.

FC:
    SS- 3223 9732 1772

Quote Originally Posted by repoman View Post
    Yeah, I looked there already and checked all around the sites, but they aren't there.
    Have you talked to Looker again? If you don't talk to him a second time after getting the mission, the spots won't activate.

Otherwise: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/69695...mon-x/67510126

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

So... we're gonna be seeing Shauna again aren't we?

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

I wonder if GF was trying to make a statement about beauty in these games and how it is shallow, because the underlying themes were really dark and violent. Team Flare is trying to create a perfect, "beautiful" world free of any impurities by mass genocide.

The ending really secured my likeness for AZ. Florges returning to him was actually kind of emotional. You could see his transformation from 3000 years of depression to happiness.

I still don't understand why he's the size of a titan, but that makes him more memorable.
    Last edited by Shneak; 10th November 2013 at 10:01 PM.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I still don't understand why he's the size of a titan, but that makes him more memorable.
    Simply because his kind of immortality is all messed up from traditional immortality.

Also, isn't it because we were apparently much taller thousands of years ago? So he's retained that height.

|

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post

Probably linked to the region that the backpacker talks about.

Also, isn't it because we were apparently much taller thousands of years ago? So he's retained that height.
    I thought we were supposed to be shorter?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Probably linked to the region that the backpacker talks about.

I thought we were supposed to be shorter?
    I'm not sure haha. I remember someone posting an image that showed that we've shrinked over time, but I'm not sure how true it was haha!

|

did anyone knows what to do with the ghost girl in lumiose city?
    that was a bit strange...

FC: 3394-4745-2505
    shuppet, phantump, spiritomb

I'm not sure haha. I remember someone posting an image that showed that we've shrinked over time, but I'm not sure how true it was haha!
        Spoiler:- To avoid negative reputation:
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

I assumed his height was a side effect of the machine. But who knows.

I finished X's storyline yesterday (after only about two days of playing) and I have a lot of opinions on it for some reason...

First of all, I feel like it was very ambitious, but also one of the weakest plots. The series never emphasizes plots particularly, of course - however, usually the plots are sparse, thin, but still balanced. I found X's plot to be...well, I won't say poorly, but overall oddly laid out and presented. It might be because I sped through most of it (never been a fan of lots of dialogue in these games) but I didn't understand some of what was going on, more in terms of "why is this happening like this?" rather than "why is this happening?" in general.

Spoiler:- plot stuff:

About my friends...I can see what was intended, but to me they were like Bianca and Cheren x2, in that I had even more dialogue to scroll through with them. I liked the dancing kid, but to a point. My rival was completely boring and I couldn't have cared less about his existential crisis regarding losing to me. The red-haired kid was okay, but I felt like he didn't really do anything. Shauna was annoying, not in a purposeful way but rather in a "I don't need to hear about you making memories and getting to know your Pokemon and solving puzzles, so please stop it" way.

A lot of the problems I had with my friends were probably because of my preferences regarding the games, though. I have to admit that I kind of prefer hostile rivals because there's some tension there - it's not just stuff about journeys and aims and dreams and "hey, this time I want to beat you because of reasons so let's battle!". And plus I've never cared for the "railroading" thing where you're shoved into a situation with someone. For me, it works in certain cases but sometimes also doesn't - case in point, the Parfum Palace thing.
    Off exploring Hoenn again

Quote Originally Posted by Wosha View Post
    I assumed his height was a side effect of the machine. But who knows.
    Yeah. I assumed it was "people usually die after at most 100 years, so since AZ didn't he just kept growing"

Quote Originally Posted by Mi-tan View Post
    How did he show up? He was trapped in the cell last time I saw him and the facility was buried!
    AZ's holding cell was located in Lysandre Labs, which are in Lumiose City. The ultimate weapon and Team Flare's HQ were located in Geosenge Town. AZ even shows up and talks to you right next to the crater in Geosenge after Lysandre detonates the weapon, so the only real question is how he managed to get out.
    Last edited by Endolise; 11th November 2013 at 1:05 AM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

AZ's holding cell was located in Lysandre Labs, which are in Lumiose City. The ultimate weapon and Team Flare's HQ were located in Geosenge Town. AZ even shows up and talks to you right next to the crater in Geosenge after Lysandre detonates the weapon, so the only real question is how he managed to get out.
    This shows I wasn't paying half as much attention as I should have...I'd completely forgotten that there was some travel between hearing AZ's story and the rest of the ending. Sorry, hehe, and thanks for clearing that up!
    Off exploring Hoenn again

I don't find that to be particularly troublesome, yeah she's annoying to an extent but she doesn't appear enough for her to grind my gears personally. If they can tweak her flaws better I'm sure she can be a decent character in the 7th generation
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Amethyst View Post
    I don't find that to be particularly troublesome, yeah she's annoying to an extent but she doesn't appear enough for her to grind my gears personally. If they can tweak her flaws better I'm sure she can be a decent character in the 7th generation
    Perhaps she'll come back in the 7th gen like Bianca, wherein she's the one who gives the new starters to the player.

Anyway, I don't know if this has been posted before, but has anyone else hated that girl in the Chateau that tells you you found your clothes in the trash? I was particularly offended because I had just purchased a P120,000 shirt in the Botique Cotour in Lumiose City and then she tells me this? I loathed her since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Au Au View Post
    Perhaps she'll come back in the 7th gen like Bianca, wherein she's the one who gives the new starters to the player.

Anyway, I don't know if this has been posted before, but has anyone else hated that girl in the Chateau that tells you you found your clothes in the trash? I was particularly offended because I had just purchased a P120,000 shirt in the Botique Cotour in Lumiose City and then she tells me this? I loathed her since then.
    When she tells me that, I just beat the snot out of her and take her money. ;D It always makes me feel better.

FC: 2938-7055-3337
    Normal Friend Safari with Teddiursa/Kecleon/Smeargle
    Shinies: Togepi & Dedenne

The postgame is seriously messed up.. I really liked the looker missions, but there was nothing else.. only breeding for perfect pokemon.. I think I'll have to get pokemon y just to start over and play.. :P
    My trade thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ity-Trade-Shop!
    Got many perfect pokemon up for trade!

Quote Originally Posted by Elena90 View Post
    The postgame is seriously messed up.. I really liked the looker missions, but there was nothing else.. only breeding for perfect pokemon.. I think I'll have to get pokemon y just to start over and play.. :P
    Pokédex completion
    > Catching Mewtwo, Zygarde, and Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres
    Wardrobe completion
    Mega Stone hunt
    Battle Chateau
    Battle Maison
    Poké Radaring
    Friend Safari
    Berry growing

Probably more that I'm forgetting about
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Gen 3 remake confirmed! B)
    Friend Code: 3282-1808-1238
    Pokemon in my Safari: Mienfoo, Sawk, Hariyama
    HA Pokemon I have: Eevee, Fletchling, Froakie, Poochyena, Goomy, Mienfoo, Snorunt, Petilil, Shroomish, Torchic, Charmander, Fennekin, Helioptile, Gible, Bulbasaur, Emolga, Squirtle
    HA Pokemon I am looking for: Nidoran (f), Mawile, Ralts, Espurr (m), Zangoose, Smeargle, Vulpix, Abra, Dratini, Litleo, Spritzee, Swirlix, Shinx, Budew, Buizel, Lilipup, Minccino
    Currently Breeding: HA Eevee, min 4 Perfect IVs currently, 5 max. Still working on getting one that has all 6 stats perfect.

"I'm Professor Shauna - but you can call me the Pokemon Prof!

...and this is my assistant, Bianca. Now before we begin, are you a boy or a girl?"
    Last edited by PearlDex; 12th November 2013 at 12:50 AM.

Six Generations / One Team
        Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Pokédex completion
    > Catching Mewtwo, Zygarde, and Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres
    Wardrobe completion
    Mega Stone hunt
    Battle Chateau
    Battle Maison
    Poké Radaring
    Friend Safari
    Berry growing

Probably more that I'm forgetting about
    I'd debate Berry Growing, Poke Radar, and Wardrobe completion more as extras rather then post-game content. There's some things to do with them, but they're not going to hold interest for very long as they're not built for it, whereas things like the Battle Maison are much more eventful and fulfilling in terms of game experience. Friend Safari kind of falls into that, but it's more like the Safari from previous games so it's more eventful then those three.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 12th November 2013 at 2:42 AM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast