Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: General Characters/Storyline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    That, and Blue is a jerk who took way too long to get his priorities straightened out. I'm not sure about everyone with the jerk part, but I'm sure we know our priorities enough to not challenge our rival to a battle when the villains are up to their, well, villainy.
    Blue is lucky that he existed in the '90s. Imagine if he had tried to do that nowadays when we're all plot-conscious. There would be memes everywhere, and he would look like a real ***. I can just envision the "Scumbag Blue" macros...

Sees you trying to prevent global genocide

Worries more about beating you in battle
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Blue is lucky that he existed in the '90s. Imagine if he had tried to do that nowadays when we're all plot-conscious. There would be memes everywhere, and he would look like a real ***. I can just envision the "Scumbag Blue" macros...
    He looks like one regardless, but he (or anyone, for that matter) would never see the end of it if he tried pulling that stunt nowadays. I can see it now, your Blue-esque rival challenging you to a battle out of nowhere, while in the Distortion World. Or to ruin the whole mood, Cheren challenging you to a battle in N's Castle, just for the lulz. Though pulling that one while global genocide is at stake would probably get him a prompt kick to the face.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Actually, right after your group exits Santalune Forest, Calem/Serena say that they are going to take on the Gym.
    Yet their names are never carved onto the pillars inside the Gyms for Winning Trainers.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Yet their names are never carved onto the pillars inside the Gyms for Winning Trainers.
    Who says they won?
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Who says they won?
    Nobody, of course! They also kept losing to each and every single Gym Leader, fueling their desire to topple you.

Wow, so it just turns out Serena/Calem sucked at battling. Must bite since they're the child of two ace trainers.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Wouldn't it be implied that Calem/Serena has all the badges as well, considering you need to have them all to enter Victory Road to begin with? I mean, unless the guard was on break or something and they just managed to sneak past the gate without him noticing.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Wouldn't it be implied that Calem/Serena has all the badges as well, considering you need to have them all to enter Victory Road to begin with? I mean, unless the guard was on break or something and they just managed to sneak past the gate without him noticing.
    Yet the pillars inside the Gym don't state their names as winners.

Or perhaps this is a slight oversight of the translators not putting their name in there.

Yet the pillars inside the Gym don't state their names as winners.

Or perhaps this is a slight oversight of the translators not putting their name in there.
    I don't think they would've overlooked it considering both Bianca and Cheren had their names on the pillars back in BW, rather I think that for some reason Serena/Calem are just not listed on there period.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    I don't think they would've overlooked it considering both Bianca and Cheren had their names on the pillars back in BW, rather I think that for some reason Serena/Calem are just not listed on there period.
    They could have possibly dropped that whole idea of listing the rival there altogether, though that would lead to the question of why they would do that. Then again, Silver's name doesn't show up there either, and correct me if I'm wrong, but he's trying to go out and beat gyms as well. It definitely is a curious thing, but whatever the reason, the fact that Calem/Serena made it past the badge check into Victory Road pretty much implies they've got all 8 badges. Regardless of whether or not their name is on the pillars.

Or, you beat the Gym Leaders before your rival. It's implied that you two get to the same places around the same time, and your rival never shows you his or her badges, so it's possible they just reached the town, said "hey, come battle me" and then ran off before actually challenging the Gym. Then, they'd go back and challenge it after you already had.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Or, you beat the Gym Leaders before your rival. It's implied that you two get to the same places around the same time, and your rival never shows you his or her badges, so it's possible they just reached the town, said "hey, come battle me" and then ran off before actually challenging the Gym. Then, they'd go back and challenge it after you already had.
    Well, I just checked some gyms, and my rival's name still isn't on the pillars. Since I've finished the whole storyline and beat the Elite Four/Champion twice, you'd think my rival would've gotten around to at least beating Santalune City's gym... xD
    Off exploring Hoenn again

Quote Originally Posted by Mi-tan View Post
    Well, I just checked some gyms, and my rival's name still isn't on the pillars. Since I've finished the whole storyline and beat the Elite Four/Champion twice, you'd think my rival would've gotten around to at least beating Santalune City's gym... xD
    Minor oversight, in my opinion. There are a lot of other trainers in Victory Road also (this gen, the first one claims she doesn't even want to battle...) and I don't see their names there, either. Or the Champion. Or any of the E4. Perhaps the character only reads their own name because they don't care about the rest. The gym leaders rarely imply they're undefeated. They're meant to challenge, not trample trainers.

Six Generations / One Team
        Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by PearlDex View Post
    Minor oversight, in my opinion. There are a lot of other trainers in Victory Road also (this gen, the first one claims she doesn't even want to battle...) and I don't see their names there, either. Or the Champion. Or any of the E4. Perhaps the character only reads their own name because they don't care about the rest. The gym leaders rarely imply they're undefeated. They're meant to challenge, not trample trainers.
    As if the creators would bother making up names of people that aren't relevant to the "plot" of the game.

You shall live in ignorance as you're the first person ever to defeat all Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and Ms. Advertisement.

As if the creators would bother making up names of people that aren't relevant to the "plot" of the game.

You shall live in ignorance as you're the first person ever to defeat all Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and Ms. Advertisement.
    The creators did make up names for all those people. You see them every time the battle begins.

You know I kinda like Shauna and Tierno, but they really lack when compared to Serena/Calem and Trevor. I mean they really don't accomplish anything and don't develop at all. Serena develops as par the course for the main rival and Trevor has a backstory (his parents leaving to travel the world driving him to travel too and complete the Pokedex) and develops too. It doesn't help that Shauna is pushed as the second main friend next to Serena/Calem and all she does is deliver friendship speeches. Tierno is just there.

Edit:What they should of done with the Team Flare climax to help this-
        Spoiler:- What should be in the third version if there is one:
    Last edited by diakyu; 18th November 2013 at 4:12 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by PearlDex View Post
    The creators did make up names for all those people. You see them every time the battle begins.
    I was talking about the people who take on Gyms.

The Looker saga in the post-game is really interesting. I'd like to see that fleshed out more. His Croagunk seems to have died, and his character is developed much further. Apparently he's come to Kalos to arrest Xerosic, although from his dialogue it seems like he has further business that he wanted to take care of. His role as a parent is explored and it really is a good subplot (ignoring the suit thing).

Emma's character is really deep too. Her expression at the end when she remarks about having a father was very touching and the entirety of her character gives you a different look at the poor and homeless that grow up in city slums. Her character development, to become more trusting of others, is built really solidly through the missions.

At the very end of the plot, the game hints that her story was just beginning, so I hope that she appears in more games. At first I felt that Looker appearing again would be a bit repetitive, but I'm amazed at the work they put into this story. It was really touching.
    This signature is just a plot device to keep me moving.

Hasn't a detective character appeared in multiple games? Would be fun if they all got together in one game and created one huge plot! XP
    My 3DS Code Is: 2621-3209-6186
    Pokemons: Ferroseed, Klang, Klefki

Happy gaming!

KLONOA FAN

Quote Originally Posted by Firemaker View Post
    The Looker saga in the post-game is really interesting. I'd like to see that fleshed out more. His Croagunk seems to have died, and his character is developed much further. Apparently he's come to Kalos to arrest Xerosic, although from his dialogue it seems like he has further business that he wanted to take care of. His role as a parent is explored and it really is a good subplot (ignoring the suit thing).

Emma's character is really deep too. Her expression at the end when she remarks about having a father was very touching and the entirety of her character gives you a different look at the poor and homeless that grow up in city slums. Her character development, to become more trusting of others, is built really solidly through the missions.

At the very end of the plot, the game hints that her story was just beginning, so I hope that she appears in more games. At first I felt that Looker appearing again would be a bit repetitive, but I'm amazed at the work they put into this story. It was really touching.
    I'm actually interested in how he got Malva. If anything, it's something my in-game character will definitely be interested in (and use).

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Quote Originally Posted by Zloik View Post
    Hasn't a detective character appeared in multiple games? Would be fun if they all got together in one game and created one huge plot! XP
    They've all been the same guy, Looker.

I was talking about the people who take on Gyms.
    ...like all of the people on Victory Road. Which was exactly my point. Well, that and the fact that it didn't matter. Which we both agree on.

after 2 full playthroughs in both x and y, here are my thoughts on the topic:
    The trainer artwork i liked the most are:
    swimer f
    veteran m and f
    ace trainer f
    youngster
    lass
    psychic m (why no psychic f?)
    beauty
    hex maniac
    tourist f and m

About your pals, i find it cool that you can establish a nickname (in my second game, X, i chose a girl and called her eve. the nickname i chose was eevee (i know, it's so clever!)). But i gotta say, i miss having a douche rival. I really liked blue and silver as adversaries to just destroy their teams every single time. calem/serena are not very good at battling and they are the best of them. I wished trevor was better at battles but i'm glad i could face him at least once. Tierno is there...yeah, nothing special about him. Maybe if the contests returned he could be the best at them and you had to face him to be the best. but since they didn't return, he is not interesting at all.

Story wise, i had my moments of "dafuq?" but the thing i feel it's the most weird is the fact that lysandre just bluntly states he's going to kill everyone but team flare members and no one seems to mind. Incidentally, The moment lysandre said the world needs to be cleansed i knew he was a nutjob but sycamore, being "friends?" with lysandre doesn't even think that he might need some psychological help. Later sycamore states he should have seen it sooner. No duh genius, from the moment we met him he already talked crazy! and the fact that you can indeed trigger the ultimate weapon is and was terrifying to me. i saved before i chose the button and when i pressed the blue one and it was the correct one i was relieved. But in my run on the X version i actually pressed the red button and i felt terrible for activating the weapon. damn you xerosic!
    Unfortunately the thing i think is missing is one more character being developed goodly. The AZ plot is good but i wished lysandre got a closure too. Your friends (not tierno) characters are developed but poorly. the post-game develops emma and that's alright but since gen 4 we had interesting evil team leaders but we never know what happens to them. I wish there was some information on what happened to them like what happened with giovanni.
    THE HYPE IS REAL! HOENN IN 3D! My favorite gen! <3 you GF

<3 you: greninja, furfrou, meowtic m, barbaracle, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, avalugg, noivern, yveltal, megaY, mega megamegamegamega

the very best:

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    I want Lysandre to come back bat **** psycho in the next game. The man is potentially immortal, I mean, c'mon! haha
    There's no mention of immortality in y. But I do want him back. I beat him on my second file yesterday, and I'm sad those insane phones calls aren't gonna happen anymore.

Yeah, I never liked gary (Or silver). I always wanted to hit them.

And tierno definitely needs to flesh out.

Anyone else dislike the other player character? They only show up at the admins, after you've done pretty much everyone. And I hated how the rest get credited for defeating team flare, the rest only defeated, what one guy?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Quote Originally Posted by magma grunt edu View Post
    Story wise, i had my moments of "dafuq?" but the thing i feel it's the most weird is the fact that lysandre just bluntly states he's going to kill everyone but team flare members and no one seems to mind. Incidentally, The moment lysandre said the world needs to be cleansed i knew he was a nutjob but sycamore, being "friends?" with lysandre doesn't even think that he might need some psychological help. Later sycamore states he should have seen it sooner. No duh genius, from the moment we met him he already talked crazy! and the fact that you can indeed trigger the ultimate weapon is and was terrifying to me. i saved before i chose the button and when i pressed the blue one and it was the correct one i was relieved. But in my run on the X version i actually pressed the red button and i felt terrible for activating the weapon. damn you xerosic!
    Lysandre had some popularity as being a wealthy individual and a philanthropist. He befriended the Professor, possibly to recruit new strong trainers, through charitable donations to the lab. Money is a powerful force even in Pokemon.

I have a somewhat long explanation of the storyline and what it means. I could post that.

Thinking about continuity, the Looker plot would cause the game to be a year or more after BW at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby
    I'm actually interested in how he got Malva. If anything, it's something my in-game character will definitely be interested in (and use).
    I agree. His involvement with Malva and Xerosic aren't very detailed yet it actually is a big deal. He was able to coerce Malva somehow.

"Oh. And one last thing... Tell that partner of yours... Tell that infuriating man... Yes, tell him I fulfilled my end of the bargain. And he should keep in mind what will happen to him if he doesn't do the same. Good day."
    I'm guessing he left Kalos after this as he part of the bargain, but it makes me wonder what Looker's involvement was from the start. He didn't seem like he a had a huge role in defeating Team Flare.
    This signature is just a plot device to keep me moving.

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast