Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 525 of 781

Thread: General Characters/Storyline Thread

  1. #501
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackRainWillFall View Post
    Hilarious you say that, because my sister and I joke about Shauna whenever she interacts with the female character: she exudes almost the same attitude as she would to a boy, I feel. All cheerleader-like and "I'll always remember this..." during the fireworks. Compared to the others, I actually liked her and Calem's character, but I'm just sayin'... She wanted the d ~oooor~ v, ahaha.
    Pffft....I joked about that too with my friends. It's like those subtle hints just felt so weird. Especially when playing as a female trainer.
    ---------------
    3DS Friend Code

    Signature done by yours truly. Check out full version here!
    [Normal]
    [Safari]
    Smeargle / Audino / Lillipup
    Pokemon X: Rorie (Main)
    ---------------
    TEG Fairy Division Klefki Rank Trainer
    ---------------
    Current Shinies: Gogoat (Not tradeable), Krabby (Tradeable)
    Current Masuda Method Pokemon: Honedge (48 eggs, paused)

  2. #502
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Climbing Mt. Coronet
    Posts
    60

    Default

    You know, I realized some characters just weren't explored deep enough (Most of the Gym Leaders, Xerosic, AZ, Trevor, Tierno). I hope they make reappearances in the sequel to X/Y, especially AZ. Maybe AZ could be the Champion with Calem/Serena somewhere like Red?
    My Platinum Team:


    My OmegaRuby Team:

  3. #503
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Back of Bills house
    Posts
    2,632

    Default

    It's never hinted that Malva's identity of a Team Flare member and/or the Holo Caster woman is public is it? Maybe Looker's bargain was that he found out her true identity and threatened to expose her ultimately resulting in her role as an Elite Four member being put in jeopardy.


    POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

  4. #504
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    It's never hinted that Malva's identity of a Team Flare member and/or the Holo Caster woman is public is it? Maybe Looker's bargain was that he found out her true identity and threatened to expose her ultimately resulting in her role as an Elite Four member being put in jeopardy.
    Just to add to this, I prefer to think that it was an immunity deal that went down something along the lines of Looker threatening to arrest her, Malva sending out her Pyroar and threatening to burn him alive and then arranging that she could be given immunity and protection in exchange for Looker and the Player taking down Xerosic. Her dialogue made her come across as being in control the entire time and when she sent me after Xerosic I immediately read into her dialogue as trying to cue us in that she really wanted a hit job done (think about it: Xerosic can reveal her identity so she should silence him). Of course, that's rendered mute because if we think of it as an immunity deal then she would come to now punishment and she could claim that she had no knowledge of the on goings of Team Flare and was only a Team Flare member as far as concerning her duties with Lysandre Labs (who she worked for as the Holo Caster woman). Or I've read too far into this.

  5. #505
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lumiose City
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Are the Battle Chatelaines supposed to be British, because I've been noticing hints of British accents in their lines- especially with Nita sounding like she has a Cockney accent
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 20th November 2013 at 2:54 AM.
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

  6. #506
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Skyship Palidor
    Posts
    379

    Default



    *Whistles* Getting crap past the radar indeed.


    Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

    Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

    I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

  7. #507
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Anyone has a theory about the ghost girl in Lumiose city?
    Other than creeping me out she made me curious about what could have happened to her....

    @Xaby: LOL
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

    Last update: 19/3/2014


    3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

  8. #508
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Terca Lumireis, Brave Vesperia
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Are the Battle Chatelaines supposed to be British, because I've been noticing hints of British accents in their lines- especially with Nita sounding like she has a Cockney accent
    I certainly believe so.. Aaaand Nita beyond a shadow of a doubt! (No matter how exaggerated she may be..)
    Guess we'll just have to wait until the anime to be sure though.

    Help a girl out! Click one below!~

  9. #509
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    Anyone has a theory about the ghost girl in Lumiose city?
    My theory is that she isn't a ghost at all... rather, she is a hologram projected by a sophisticated alarm system that is designed to catch would-be burglars... she says "you are not the one" because you are not a burglar.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  10. #510
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Skyship Palidor
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SigmaKitteh View Post
    I certainly believe so.. Aaaand Nita beyond a shadow of a doubt! (No matter how exaggerated she may be..)
    Guess we'll just have to wait until the anime to be sure though.
    Somehow...I have the feeling the animé will botch this up and cause more confusion than ever before.


    Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

    Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

    I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

  11. #511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    Somehow...I have the feeling the animé will botch this up and cause more confusion than ever before.
    Or not even bother. They ignored the Sinnoh Battle Frontier Brains and went too far with not showing the Unova Elite Four.

    In fact, they rarely show post-game cities at all.

  12. #512
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Big Blue
    Posts
    3,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Are the Battle Chatelaines supposed to be British, because I've been noticing hints of British accents in their lines- especially with Nita sounding like she has a Cockney accent
    Which is funny when their Japanese names are just the French words for times of day including the French definite articles le/la for extra Frenchiness. Kind of a reverse Fantina situation.

    I guess they wanted to fully utilize "English are posh" stereotype to give out the same effect in the Japanese version as Japanese view French as Americans view English(and to lesser extent, other non-Irish Brits at large), but doesn't the same stereotype exist for French in America? The accents work better with localized names, but still, they could have gone Frencher.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

  13. #513
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    My theory is that she isn't a ghost at all... rather, she is a hologram projected by a sophisticated alarm system that is designed to catch would-be burglars... she says "you are not the one" because you are not a burglar.
    However she appears in the Lumiose hotel afterwards, which wouldn't be possible if she was what you said.
    I wonder why GF put so many ghosts in the franchise. LOL
    As for what I think about her, I think that she somehow died near the station; in fact if you remember, there's a message behind the timetable in the station which say "I'll go look for help. Let's meet at the usual place" or something along those lines, which hints at something bad that happened there.
    From that point on, she keeps on waiting for the person who went to look for help.
    But that's just my opinion.
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

    Last update: 19/3/2014


    3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

  14. #514
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    However she appears in the Lumiose hotel afterwards, which wouldn't be possible if she was what you said.
    We don't even know if they are the same. It could be two different people. Not every single Hex Maniac in the game is the ghost, after all

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  15. #515
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbro223 View Post
    You know, I realized some characters just weren't explored deep enough (Most of the Gym Leaders, Xerosic, AZ, Trevor, Tierno). I hope they make reappearances in the sequel to X/Y, especially AZ. Maybe AZ could be the Champion with Calem/Serena somewhere like Red?
    I agree with this. I really wanted to no more about the characters. I personally felt that Black, White, Black 2, and White 2 did a great job in this aspect. Throughout the game you learned more and more about your friends and you even assisted the gym leaders and they assisted you. The characters and story in those games I thought were pretty good.

    I can't say the same about X and Y, its not the story was bad, it was actually interesting to learn about a pokemon war besides what LT surge had said, but I just felt that certain characters could of had more of an appearance, like the first gym leader and her sister (I highly expected something from her other then blocking my way), or the gym leaders in general, elite four, AZ, and perhaps alittle more info about Yvetal (I had Y).

    If we do get a sequel towards X and Y (which I got mixed feelings about initially) I hope more characters get fledged out.
    3DS: 2509-2137-6109 Feel free to PM your FC for Friend Safari
    Friend Safari Type: Ghost Pokemon: Pumpkaboo and Lampent (unknown third).
    Pokedex: 719/719

  16. #516
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    We don't even know if they are the same. It could be two different people. Not every single Hex Maniac in the game is the ghost, after all
    I know that not every manica in the game is the ghost. LOL
    But I'm sure they're the same, also because when you're in the hotel, she says not to talk with her, because otherwise she couldn't hear the elevator, which links to what happened in the 2nd of that building.
    In fact only when the elevator arrives and makes its typical sound, she appears.
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

    Last update: 19/3/2014


    3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

  17. #517
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    However she appears in the Lumiose hotel afterwards, which wouldn't be possible if she was what you said.
    That just some weirdo standing next to the wall listening to the elevator (she's right next to the wall where the elevator is).
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  18. #518
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    It's never hinted that Malva's identity of a Team Flare member and/or the Holo Caster woman is public is it? Maybe Looker's bargain was that he found out her true identity and threatened to expose her ultimately resulting in her role as an Elite Four member being put in jeopardy.
    People probably knew she was the Holo Caster woman, but they probably didn't know about Team Flare. Holo Casting is a popular thing, but the affiliation with Team Flare was slim until the end. Looker could've threatened exposing her if she didn't cooperate.

    It's hard to say if she had the upper hand. Looking at her dialogue she seems pretty unhappy, but was she in control? To the extent that Looker lost Emma while Malva didn't lose anything perhaps.
    This signature is just a plot device to keep me moving.

  19. #519
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbro223 View Post
    You know, I realized some characters just weren't explored deep enough (Most of the Gym Leaders, Xerosic, AZ, Trevor, Tierno). I hope they make reappearances in the sequel to X/Y, especially AZ. Maybe AZ could be the Champion with Calem/Serena somewhere like Red?
    Yeah, I also think that was one of the main problems with the story. Add Alexa as well, it would have made sense for her to try to be covering the events on the whole Team Flare apocalypse.

    AZ really had tons of backstory and potential to make a huge impact, not only provide plot devices, but make his way as a memorable character. I also hope we get to see more of him in the next installment. If it is a sequel like BW2 then not much is gonna happen given his story arc is done. But if it is a third version like Yellow or Crystal, it would be nice to have him more explored before he reveals his backstory. I dunno, more encounters and talks, have him drop hints about himself, talk about pokemon and the journey, battle you, that sort of stuff. I mean, an immortal emperor, who witnessed a war three millenia ago and ended it himself must have something interesting to say.

    On a side note: When I first got to Pokemon Village I was seriously expecting N to make a cameo. I mean, it is the kind of place where I can see him living or at least visiting frequently after Black and White events.

  20. #520

    Default

    I thought the Battle Chatelaines were the four Team Flare scientists. Those girls are never found anywhere else in the game and they were at the lab and not the site of the accident with the beam.

  21. #521
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    I don't remember...
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I thought the Battle Chatelaines were the four Team Flare scientists. Those girls are never found anywhere else in the game and they were at the lab and not the site of the accident with the beam.
    that is slightly starnge. it would be nice seeing them again, but what i really want is their glasses/goggles for my character. they are awesome. anyway, they really needed more story.

    Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.



  22. #522
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    But I'm sure they're the same, also because when you're in the hotel, she says not to talk with her, because otherwise she couldn't hear the elevator, which links to what happened in the 2nd of that building.
    In fact only when the elevator arrives and makes its typical sound, she appears.
    ......which would make sense only if both building are the same. They're not, one is an office and the other is a hotel. And the two building are separated by a museum and a route gate.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  23. #523
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Location: Location: Location:
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    Is anyone else kinda surprised that the postgame sidequest has more character development than the actual story?

    I mean, we see Emma grow from a shy homeless girl that doesn't like anyone but Mimi, but then she gradually grows to care about others, to the point where she is in tears when she finds out that Looker is leaving. The fact that she keeps a group picture of the player, Looker, Mimi, and Xerosic, IMO shows how much she developed as a character, as these are the people (& Mimi the Espurr) that she cares about most.

    Meanwhile in the main story:
    Trevor - does absolutely nothing throughout the game

    Tierno - does absolutely nothing throughout the game

    Shauna - does not understand the friend zone

    Serena/Calem - the only character that actually has a personality and a goal that is eventually achieved, although not until postgame (Mega Absol)
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

  24. #524
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    Meanwhile in the main story:
    Trevor - does absolutely nothing throughout the game

    Tierno - does absolutely nothing throughout the game

    Shauna - does not understand the friend zone

    Serena/Calem - the only character that actually has a personality and a goal that is eventually achieved, although not until postgame (Mega Absol)
    Trevor and Shauna had goals, they just were not as concrete. Trevor wanted to fill up the PokéDex (which he works on throughout the game), and Shauna wanted to create lasting memories (which I guess she did?). In fact, I actually kind of liked Trevor. It was Tierno who was utterly irrelevant to everything.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  25. #525
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Trevor and Shauna had goals, they just were not as concrete. Trevor wanted to fill up the PokéDex (which he works on throughout the game), and Shauna wanted to create lasting memories (which I guess she did?). In fact, I actually kind of liked Trevor. It was Tierno who was utterly irrelevant to everything.
    I also kinda liked Trevor, though some of that is just his appearance that appeals to me. I would have liked if they went more in depth with that goal of his (that could apply to the entire story, but I'm not holding it against GF), and it would have been nice to see what team he would have used for a post-game battle. After all, he seems to have a wide assortment of Pokemon, including many that have Megas.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia



Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •