Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: General Characters/Storyline Thread

Trevor also helped with Team Flare at the icy cave place (can never remember its name) It has to do with his slight development too.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I'm done with the main story of Pokemon X version. I must say I really loved some of the characters in this game. I really love Shauna, even though she's a mediocre rival, she got better on the bridge battle I had with her. Tierno and Trevor were interesting. I think I expected a little more from Tierno like some kind of sidequest to do with him for some reason, but I was overall cool with Trevor. One thing that did leave me puzzled. This is the first time since the old Red and Blue games that the Champion does not stalk you or help you battle the evil team. I mean I couldn't get away from Steven, Cynthia, and Alder, but with Diantha, I was simply waiting for her to appear, she's so rare. Was it like that in BW2?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Iris was a bit better, but ultimately she's not too important to the plot. To her credit though she does get a memory link if you talk to Drayden so we do get some information about her character and how she became Champion.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Was it like that in BW2?
    Yes. The champion in BW2 only shows up twice before the league.

Edit: oh, I just realized her appearances in BW2 mirror her appearances in BW.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I loved the Looker post-game quests. Essential is so awesome. The new crime fighter of Lumiose City!
    Friend code:1418-6735-6666 BulletMan
    Friend Safari: Bug
    Searching for: Think Fat Mamoswine, Technician Breloom

Quote Originally Posted by Yami ookami View Post
    I loved the Looker post-game quests. Essential is so awesome. The new crime fighter of Lumiose City!
    Sucks the character with perhaps the biggest development in the game was in a side quest post game. She was pretty cool.

Say, anyone else wonders if that giantic section of the Power Plant we never get to go will be used for a story event? Perhaps an Event Pokemon or something. I was thinking (and hoping) more plot related stuff to the open threads like Mega Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by YonaNoveau View Post
    Sucks the character with perhaps the biggest development in the game was in a side quest post game. She was pretty cool.

Say, anyone else wonders if that giantic section of the Power Plant we never get to go will be used for a story event? Perhaps an Event Pokemon or something. I was thinking (and hoping) more plot related stuff to the open threads like Mega Evolution.
    There's only two Mega Evolutions left, and those are reserved to Legendaries.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption / Mega Man Battle Network

I know I've said it before, but I want to ask, would anybody else have been okay with just spending the entire game doing quests for looker and exploring the region because of it? ;A;...

I SURE WOULD HAVE. ;-;

/please gamefreak I know you wouldn't but I want this to be the new reason for traveling ;-;...LET ME BECOME A TRUE HARD-BOILED DETECTIVE.
    Last edited by EmphaticPikachu; 16th December 2013 at 4:30 AM.

When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

So you know that rumored team that came around Geosenge years before XY? It has to be Team Plasma right? I mean if the rumor is true and the genesect fossil was found in Glittering Cave than it only makes sense right?

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    I know I've said it before, but I want to ask, would anybody else have been okay with just spending the entire game doing quests for looker and exploring the region because of it? ;A;...

I SURE WOULD HAVE. ;-;

/please gamefreak I know you wouldn't but I want this to be the new reason for traveling ;-;...LET ME BECOME A TRUE HARD-BOILED DETECTIVE.
    Actually, that would've been cool. ; . ;

Part of what I love about the games is the exploring, and the battles are just something that I have to get through to level my Pokemon and do such..

I loved the characters for X and Y, too. Gamefreak has come along way since "I like shorts, they're comfy and easy to wear!"

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    So... we're gonna be seeing Shauna again aren't we?

Which reminds me: We still have to have N cameo in some random region, right?
    /

Current Omega Ruby team plan

I like the fact that characters are seen again. I do hope to see Shauna, she wasn't as inept as Bianca but was equally as sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    There's only two Mega Evolutions left, and those are reserved to Legendaries.
    I do hope that they add more Mega Evolutions with subsequent Gen VI games and that, more importantly, they will patch up XY to allow those new megas.
    Last edited by Hexin' Wishes; 25th December 2013 at 6:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    So you know that rumored team that came around Geosenge years before XY? It has to be Team Plasma right? I mean if the rumor is true and the genesect fossil was found in Glittering Cave than it only makes sense right?
    Considering that an NPC on Route 10 stated Colress and some people (AKA Team Plasma #3) investigated the stones and explained what they were in actuality, it seems nearly confirmed it's Team Plasma.

It's probably justa a reference, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Considering that an NPC on Route 10 stated Colress and some people (AKA Team Plasma #3) investigated the stones and explained what they were in actuality, it seems nearly confirmed it's Team Plasma.
    Well I guess that depends if Colress was with Team Plasma pre-BW2. Could he have helped create Genesect since enhancing him with the robotic parts seems right up his alley.

Well I guess that depends if Colress was with Team Plasma pre-BW2. Could he have helped create Genesect since enhancing him with the robotic parts seems right up his alley.
    Well, Colress joined after BW, and it was Dudley who created Genesect, so that's impossible.

Besides, XY happnes in an unknown period of time, so it could be many years after B2W2 or even before DPPt.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Besides, XY happnes in an unknown period of time, so it could be many years after B2W2 or even before DPPt.
    It can only happen between BW and BW2 since a NPC mentions Team Plasma causing trouble. And I'm willing to say it's after BW2 since Sina mentions Fairy type was only recently discovered.

Edit: To be more specific, he said they made the news awhile back.

Am I the only one who actually thinks AZ needs a bit of a backstory? he is so mysterious, is he a cyborg? A ghost? or perhaps cursed? the two most mysterious creatures in X/Y to me would be AZ and Zygarde (I know Zygarde is a Pokemon) but Zygarde is such an enigma, he is classified as the Pokemon of order and stability within the ecosystem, and since Xerneas is the Pokemon of Life and Yvettal is the Pokemon of death, perhaps in Pokemon Z, Zygardes role would be like Rayquaza's in quelling the fighting between the Pokemon of Life and the Pokemon of Death and to restore order? There are so many mysteries left unsolved, but the biggest would have to be AZ and Zygarde
    3DS Friend code
    1246 8777 2044

Feraligator is comin for you

Self appointed CEO of MDK Power Pokémon Inc.

Black FC: 3783 0862 9940

By the way I really like seeing your creativity, if you let me see your unique and creative PR video I will give you a Nice! and a random O-power

Quote Originally Posted by MarcDKramer View Post
    Am I the only one who actually thinks AZ needs a bit of a backstory? he is so mysterious, is he a cyborg? A ghost? or perhaps cursed?
    Uh, all this is explained. He has arguably the most backstory out of any character in X and Y. He's the ancient king granted eternal life due to the ultimate weapon he created.

Uh, all this is explained. He has arguably the most backstory out of any character in X and Y. He's the ancient king granted eternal life due to the ultimate weapon he created.
    But to be honest there is still alot of unanswered questions, for example how was he able to live 3000 years, he wasnt granted eternal life, his Flotette was
    3DS Friend code
    1246 8777 2044

Feraligator is comin for you

Self appointed CEO of MDK Power Pokémon Inc.

Black FC: 3783 0862 9940

By the way I really like seeing your creativity, if you let me see your unique and creative PR video I will give you a Nice! and a random O-power

But to be honest there is still alot of unanswered questions, for example how was he able to live 3000 years, he wasnt granted eternal life, his Flotette was
    I remember reading somewhere that the German translations of the games are a lot less mysterious about the flashback sequences and that they confirm that AZ was made immortal as a side-effect of using the machine the revive Floette.

There was supposed to be an official XY story guide, which I assumed would contain a lot of this information, but it seems to have evaporated because I cannot find any news about it despite the initial reveal saying that it would be released in November of this year. If is has indeed been cancelled, then it is quite a shame. I was looking forward to it.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

They specifically mentioned how both he & floette got eternal life
    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that the German translations of the games are a lot less mysterious about the flashback sequences and that they confirm that AZ was made immortal as a side-effect of using the machine the revive Floette.

There was supposed to be an official XY story guide, which I assumed would contain a lot of this information, but it seems to have evaporated because I cannot find any news about it despite the initial reveal saying that it would be released in November of this year. If is has indeed been cancelled, then it is quite a shame. I was looking forward to it.
    Uhhh the "story guide" is just the actual, like, guide.
    As in, the main story guide.

It is not literally a guide about the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Uhhh the "story guide" is just the actual, like, guide.
    As in, the main story guide.

It is not literally a guide about the plot.
    Really? I am only going off of what was reported by Bulbaoedia a while back, which was:

The Completion Strategy Guide, Story Guide, Kalos Pokédex Guide have been announced. The Completion Strategy Guide is 262 pages long and it is not known when it will be released. The Story Guide is 600 pages long and will be released in Nov. The Kalos Pokédex Guide is 800 pages long and will be released in Dec.
    I have what as far as I know is the Strategy Guide that came out around the same time as XY, and it is only 400 some-odd pages long. I know that the Pokédex Guide is due to come out in February, which does not line up with the report but is what it is, I suppose. That all just leaves the Story Guide which I have not been able to locate.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

The completion strategy guide was likely just a quick bullet point-esque guide and may not have gone into full detail
    Meanwhile, I bet the story guide was more in-depth and probably had more detailed information for any given thing.

Alternatively, since the "Completion" guide had no release date, it's actually the post game guide.

Anyway, I'm assuming the story guide is what gave us these pictures on the November 11th update http://serebii.net/archive/November-2013.shtml

It can only happen between BW and BW2 since a NPC mentions Team Plasma causing trouble. And I'm willing to say it's after BW2 since Sina mentions Fairy type was only recently discovered.

Edit: To be more specific, he said they made the news awhile back.
    Remember though that Plasma existed way before the events of BW, and that Clress may have simply been unrelated to them.

Also, considering that RSE and Yellow supposedly take place during the same time, and Dark/Steel existing in the former but not in the latter, it's still possible.

Besides, Fairy Types may simply be unknown in other Regions.

Regarding AZ, he, along with Floette, were granted Eternal Life, as evident by his quotes.

I just completed the Looker quests and I'm really interested in the story-line of it.

Spoiler:- Looker Quest:
    First things first I'm the realest.

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast