Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: General Characters/Storyline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pilpulp View Post
    I just completed the Looker quests and I'm really interested in the story-line of it.

Spoiler:- Looker Quest:
    Funny, I came on here to basically say the same thing about the Looker Bureau.

In regards to how it relates in future games:

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    The completion strategy guide was likely just a quick bullet point-esque guide and may not have gone into full detail
    Meanwhile, I bet the story guide was more in-depth and probably had more detailed information for any given thing.

Alternatively, since the "Completion" guide had no release date, it's actually the post game guide.

Anyway, I'm assuming the story guide is what gave us these pictures on the November 11th update http://serebii.net/archive/November-2013.shtml
    >Implying XY's post game warrants a separate guide.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I thought when Emma said "their" she was breaking the fourth wall.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Funny, I came on here to basically say the same thing about the Looker Bureau.

In regards to how it relates in future games:

Spoiler:

>Implying XY's post game warrants a separate guide.
    Looker, post-game activities, mega stone hunt, i suppose more batlte maison information, and probably misc battle information
    and i guess the pokedex again for space filler

just because it's short doesn't mean they can't squeeze it for all its worth

Looker, post-game activities, mega stone hunt, i suppose more batlte maison information, and probably misc battle information
    and i guess the pokedex again for space filler

just because it's short doesn't mean they can't squeeze it for all its worth
    Yeah, I think the post game guide is primarily for Pokedex data, that's the main reason they started dividing the guides into two in the first place.

Also, I was sort of joking.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Forgot to mention something about the Looker Bureau story:

Spoiler:

Forgot to mention something about the Looker Bureau story:

Spoiler:
        Spoiler:

Spoiler:
        Spoiler:

Spoiler:
        Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:

I was just wondering if this was discussed at all. It seems to be overlooked in my opinion although I haven't read every post here so forgive me if this was already discussed to death.

Spoiler:- :
    Last edited by Emily101; 9th January 2014 at 8:05 PM.
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

i thought that about dexio and sino too, not that they were siebolds children, but more as players who could have thir own prequal game. its state din game they are the "defnders of kalos" when you invade team flars base in lumiouse, so maybe they earned their title by defeating another team or something. maybe siebold was once the champion.
    friend code is 1934-1322-5430 pm me if you add me,
    on pokemon X i am doing a japanese speed run, not that hard... so far.

Y safari zone type is flying. have woobat,farfetched and rufflet hope this helps
    i also play inazuma eleven 3 lightning bolt/ GO: LIGHT if anybody plays too

Quote Originally Posted by Emily101 View Post
    I was just wondering if this was discussed at all. It seems to be overlooked in my opinion although I haven't read every post here so forgive me if this was already discussed to death.

Spoiler:- :
        Spoiler:

I must say i'm impressed by how dark Pokemon has gotten. I went to visit the man in Anistar City in which asks for a Lv.5 or lower pokemon of yours to care for him and come to find out...

Spoiler:- Spolier:

Spoiler:
    The fact that they try to deny it was them it is what made it even funnier. XD

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    The fact that they try to deny it was them it is what made it even funnier. XD
    Because they wanted to keep it a secret, obviously. It's what anyone would do in that situation.

Because they wanted to keep it a secret, obviously. It's what anyone would do in that situation.
    But it was obvious it was them is what I'm trying to say.

Sina and Dexio were pretty annoying. I wish they're role in the storyline had been taken over by one of the rivals/friends, because Tierno and Trevor did pretty much nothing for most of the game. They gave you the Pokedex and starters so they could have made them Sycamore's assistants or something.

Here's a point that I don't think anyone has brought up yet:

That Calem and Serena are at least 17 years old. This is because Emma is confirmed to be 16, yet it's shown that Calem and Serena are taller than Emma, and Emma speaks to you as if she looks up to you as if you're older.

Any thoughts/disagreements?
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Honestly, Dexio and Sina look like last minute additions that weren't conceived very well.

Honestly, Dexio and Sina look like last minute additions that weren't conceived very well.
    Huh? They did exactly what they were meant to do. And that's do what Sycamore told them to do. I find them much more interesting than Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor (even though I quite like him) due to the journey they went on before you and your friends. The real question is why isn't Dexio ever seen talking to Trevor? Why are they never fightable? What did they accomplish before X and Y?

Spoiler:- ......:
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Huh? They did exactly what they were meant to do. And that's do what Sycamore told them to do. I find them much more interesting than Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor (even though I quite like him) due to the journey they went on before you and your friends. The real question is why isn't Dexio ever seen talking to Trevor? Why are they never fightable? What did they accomplish before X and Y?

Spoiler:- ......:
    To answer your spoiler box that shouldn't be spoilered at all...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    The irony in all this is that Gym leaders have art done yet they played even less of a role in the story than Sina and Dexio(minus Korrina).

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Sina and Dexio were pretty annoying. I wish they're role in the storyline had been taken over by one of the rivals/friends, because Tierno and Trevor did pretty much nothing for most of the game. They gave you the Pokedex and starters so they could have made them Sycamore's assistants or something.
    I agree with this line of thinking. They seem redundant next to Trevor.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post

That Calem and Serena are at least 17 years old. This is because Emma is confirmed to be 16, yet it's shown that Calem and Serena are taller than Emma, and Emma speaks to you as if she looks up to you as if you're older.

Older =/= Taller.

I do think Calem/Serena look older than the average protagonist, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post

actually, the age of protagonists is something that has been brought up numerous times in various generations.

And like what Bolt said, taller doesn't mean she's older. In fact I don't recall her being noticeably taller than Calem/Serena.

To me at least, Emma speaks normally, as if talking to a close friend of the same age, not "looks up to you as if you're older".

also.....has it been confirmed that Emma is also 16 in the Japanese version? She actually looks a bit too young to be 16, and it isn't uncommon for a game character being younger in Japan and older in anywhere else. Especially considering Emma's job.

The protagonists do not looks like they're 17 either, even B/W protagonists don't look that old.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

To answer your spoiler box that shouldn't be spoilered at all...

Spoiler:
    But everyone has art. I call foul.

Spoiler:- And:

I doubt Dexio & Sina were last minute additions. It is weird you don't even fight them but they did at least try to do things.

Still less ridiculous than BW1. A REMINDER:
    -6 sages that were mostly interchangeable and were never fought despite all having relatively unique designs
    -Concordia & Anthea who had a bunch of backstory and are only shown in one room that you can completely pass over in the end game
    -The Shadow Triad who did nothing but shuffle you forward 3 feet

concept art shown implies they were always around but obviously over the course of development their roles were changed/lessened.

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast