Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: General Characters/Storyline Thread

It's in the Northern Boulevard. Here's a video you can use to identify the building. I hope this is the person you're looking for.

I think they could've made team flare better.
    That weird hand/arm thing they do, plus their outfit.
    No thanks.

X Friend Code: 3110-5774-434 Panda

I started over on my pokemom x game, and I ran into a shiny azurill when I got to the first city with a pokemon center. How lucky was that. But it sucked cause I caught it in a great ball. Had no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerolyte View Post
    No thanks.
    I actually like it. That quirkiness is what I like most about them.
    IMO, what we really need is to expand the storyline. Things happened so quick.

.: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerolyte View Post
    No thanks.
    I'm with you...but I thought the whole story was kinda childish. At least team flare fit in with it all. BW and BW2 had great story lines,in my opinion. I wish the x and y storyline and characters were similar. On the other hand, X and Y has so much freaking content I don't mind all the things wrong I see wrong with the characters and the story lines they fit in.
    3DS FC-2380-2345-7695

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I actually like it. That quirkiness is what I like most about them.
    IMO, what we really need is to expand the storyline. Things happened so quick.
    What the storyline really needed was better pacing. The earlier encounters with Team Flare were really boring and generic because they were keeping their motives secret, and then we get tons of reveals pretty much all at once at the end of the game. If they'd have spaced those reveals out a little more, it would've been more interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    What the storyline really needed was better pacing. The earlier encounters with Team Flare were really boring and generic because they were keeping their motives secret, and then we get tons of reveals pretty much all at once at the end of the game. If they'd have spaced those reveals out a little more, it would've been more interesting.
    I think I agree with you. I didn't think of that...everything in the story should have been spaces out though
    3DS FC-2380-2345-7695

The Looker sidequest surprised me. It had a slow start but was ultimately a great story (though some things were a bit like "yeah right!"). It'd be nice to see Emma & Mimi again in a future Generation but they'd pretty much nipped that in the bud.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I actually liked the mystery about them. It interested me how Lysandre was a benevolent gentleman figure at the beginning but his looks pointed at being TF's boss. It was misleading considering how TF acted at first, they were completely unlike him. Only in the end Lysandre revealed his true motives, that he had to change his peaceful life to pursue his belief. It all made sense to me, from Lysandre's perspective and the perspective of his followers, worshipping him.

I only hated TF executives, they were quite dumb and too easygoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    I actually liked the mystery about them. It interested me how Lysandre was a benevolent gentleman figure at the beginning but his looks pointed at being TF's boss. It was misleading considering how TF acted at first, they were completely unlike him. Only in the end Lysandre revealed his true motives, that he had to change his peaceful life to pursue his belief. It all made sense to me, from Lysandre's perspective and the perspective of his followers, worshipping him.

I only hated TF executives, they were quite dumb and too easygoing.
    Talking about how disgusted he is at people taking the world's resources doesn't strike you as suspicious? That's a rather eerie attitude to carry in a Pokemon game.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Some interesting little facts from a recent interview~

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ostPageIndex=1

Q: What was the inspiration for Team Flare's evil objective and the character of Lysandre?
    A: The idea for Lysandre came up when I was working on AZ's character settings. He's a person who thought AZ's ultimate weapon was brilliant and became obsessed with it. However, he's more obsessed with what he could do with the weapon than what the reason for its creation was originally. I wanted to express how terrifying obsession can be with this character.

In Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, Team Plasma's philosophy had a bit more of a serious tone to it. With Team Flare, I wanted to separate them from some kind of philosophy and make them a bit more goofy and funny.
    Q: The legacy of this gigantic war that raged 3,000 years ago is important to the story of the game. Was this inspired by the impact of World War II on France today?
    A: It was not inspired by those events. It came from my desire for war and terrorism to vanish from the world. By showing the war that transpired in ages long past, I wanted the player to think about war. The fact that the same events may occur all over again – I wanted to leave that decision in the player's hands. What I wanted to tell them was, "Don't leave it up to others to change things – you have to be the one to enact change."
    Q: The exact details of the war and its impact on the world of Pokémon are ambiguous. Will we ever learn more about what transpired during that war?

A: The war was a clash between two different countries. People treated Pokémon with special powers as mere tools in their conflict. They gathered lots of Pokémon and Pokémon with unique powers. This long conflict was drawn out and many lives were lost. In order to emerge victorious, the soldiers believed that they needed even more powerful Pokémon. AZ loved his Pokémon, which he had received from his late mother, but it was forcefully taken from him by the soldiers. His Pokémon ended up becoming just another sacrifice in the war. Distraught with grief, AZ began work on his machine. Little did he know that his creation would bring great sorrow to the world.

That is a fascinating interview. Each of the things I worked out by myself before even knowing this interview existed, Lysandre's character, Klefki's silly design (I like Klefki <3) and the reason 3D isn't in all the areas. But since Lysandre's motives were so deep I did wonder if it was in some way one of the creator's views, didn't know it was off of his desire for war and such to end :P loving it!
    Has left Serebii forums.

i like how they added romance in the game with shuna and you watching fireworks and how the makers of x and y said they might add more romance into future gaming ,it was good that they did it

Quote Originally Posted by sheld999 View Post
    i like how they added romance in the game with shuna and you watching fireworks and how the makers of x and y said they might add more romance into future gaming ,it was good that they did it
    Nowhere I read such thing. These games hardly deal with love between characters, and the closest we have to something like that while it's not is probably Tate and Liza.

And that romance thing, it wasn't romance. It was people taking it considerably out of context and making Shauna sound like a lesbian towards Serena if you picked her. You want romance? Fight the couple trainers.

I thought Shuana was a little creepy, but that was just my mindset. I knew she was meaning spending valued time with her friends not being creepy. I'd assume she's have been as nice to the rest of the group. And romance? In Red and Blue just about everyone fancies you, it's weird. Was taken out in Fire Red and Leaf Green.
    Has left Serebii forums.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkiePieFox View Post
    That is a fascinating interview. Each of the things I worked out by myself before even knowing this interview existed, Lysandre's character, Klefki's silly design (I like Klefki <3) and the reason 3D isn't in all the areas. But since Lysandre's motives were so deep I did wonder if it was in some way one of the creator's views, didn't know it was off of his desire for war and such to end :P loving it!
    You really figured out that, say, AZ's Floette was given to him by his mother? Or that Masuda wanted to end wars?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Nowhere I read such thing. These games hardly deal with love between characters, and the closest we have to something like that while it's not is probably Tate and Liza.

And that romance thing, it wasn't romance. It was people taking it considerably out of context and making Shauna sound like a lesbian towards Serena if you picked her. You want romance? Fight the couple trainers.
    I think you should read that interview that Emperor Empoleon linked.

Not only did he say that they did intentionally include elements of romance, he also expressly stated that it isn't the same if you choose to play as the female character. And he did say that he wanted to include more in the future.

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    I think you should read that interview that Emperor Empoleon linked.

Not only did he say that they did intentionally include elements of romance, he also expressly stated that it isn't the same if you choose to play as the female character. And he did say that he wanted to include more in the future.
    Oh, I see now.

Too bad the romance was so little and I really didn't see much importance between Shauna and the Player.

As I said before, the romance was just stupid. It serves no purpose in the games.

Where are all the people saying gays don't belong in the game now? Y'all are like "ooh I want more romance".

Shauna looked 5 and was annoying. Sweet but annoying, I wanted her to get away from me during the fireworks, which was an already absolutely pointless moment.
    Pokémon in My Safari:

It wasn't romance people stop calling it as such. It was implied, and most likely unrequited, admiration towards another. It's a throw away one-liner that means nothing but help build Shauna's character.

Now, I ain't knocking it at all. I actually want more of these elements in the future. Nothing gameplay-wise but you can build good and solid characters by having them be attracted to another.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    As I said before, the romance was just stupid. It serves no purpose in the games.

Shauna looked 5 and was annoying. Sweet but annoying, I wanted her to get away from me during the fireworks, which was an already absolutely pointless moment.
    I thought Shauna looked lot younger than rest of the circle of friends, honestly. I found her kind of aggravating...:I

Where are all the people saying gays don't belong in the game now? Y'all are like "ooh I want more romance".
    I don't exactly understand what this statement is saying...
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Yeah, maybe I should have said that before. I really didn't care for the romance between Shauna and the main (male) character. I made jokes about how much better the game would have been if she hadn't tried to secretly date you!

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Nothing gameplay-wise but you can build good and solid characters by having them be attracted to another.
    That builds nothing of the sort. Plenty of games have had strong characters without a romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    I thought Shauna looked lot younger than rest of the circle of friends, honestly. I found her kind of aggravating...:I
    Which is why it's creepy! The Looker sidequest hints the character is at least 16+, so this little child trying to hit on you was just creepy. I did like her more than Bianca, but I would have really wanted her to have not existed at all. Her only purpose was that other starter she gives you.
    I don't exactly understand what this statement is saying...
    I once saw an argument that said gays don't belong in the game because romance isn't even a part of the game. Since we see that we're being threatened with more romance, I was bringing that back that that argument (still) sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    Yeah, maybe I should have said that before. I really didn't care for the romance between Shauna and the main (male) character. I made jokes about how much better the game would have been if she hadn't tried to secretly date you!
    It just read so desperate and random.
    Pokémon in My Safari:

Saw some posts about opinions regarding Team Flare and thought I would chime in. Forgive me if any of this has been said/people are tired of that particular discussion

On one hand, having Lysandre be willing to eliminate all life was a pretty dark and drastic means to an end. But on the other hand, the group overall was just kind of meh for me. The whole "wanting the world to be more beautiful" and making money things weren't that compelling for me, but Lysandre going to the lengths of eliminating life to accomplish his goal is what made him a pretty good villain. The pacing could have also had an impact, though. Overall, the story was all right. It was really saved by how far Lysandre was willing to go and the backstory of AZ.

That said, I really loved Team Plasma. Having someone who believes Pokemon should be free was a pretty good concept to me, as it becomes less of a "these people are evil" and more of a "these people mean well, but are going about it in the wrong way" sort of thing. Not only that, but you have Ghetsis behind the scenes trying to accomplish his own goals, which can be aided by N and his vision of Pokemon being free. Couple that with Black and White 2's story and Team Plasma was just a really great villainous group to me. It's easy for me to believe that there were members in Team Plasma who sided more with Ghetsis that N didn't know about, so having Plasma members with their own Pokemon (or stolen Pokemon) never really bothered me. That, and it could always be something N had to swallow in order to accomplish his goal; you can't fight trainers that have Pokemon if you don't have your own, so forcing Pokemon to be in a Pokeball and battle for you is the only way to try and defeat those that oppose you.

Memory is pretty hazy, but I would definitely rate Plasma as my favorite villains from the main Pokemon games. Galactic would most likely be second from what I remember. Despite what I said, I think I would actually rate Team Flare above Team Rocket. Despite being the first Pokemon games, I can't remember Team Rocket being all that compelling. I've never actually played Ruby or Sapphire so I can't really comment, but from what I understand they might actually be ahead of Rocket and Flare. Like I said, though, memory is hazy on past games.

Looking for Hidden Abilities and have some to share? Click the banner above for my Trade Shop!

Pokemon X Info.
    Friend Code: 1418-7764-5015
    In Game Name: James III

Actually, after Team Rocket, pretty much every other villain has been a "mean well, but are going about it in the wrong way". Magma/Aqua were just extreme environmentalists - they just wanted more sea/land for the good of everybody. In Galactic's case, Cyrus was just upset with the imperfections & similarly to Lysandre wanted to fix the world for the good of the world rather than it's inhabitants. The easiest way of doing it was to reset the world. IMO, Cyrus was a bit more extreme since he wasn't planning on taking any of the Galactic members either, just himself. And then, Team Plasma as you said were like another form of environmentalists, except more concerned with Pokemon. I guess just like the anime, GF must employ some sort of "not evil, just misunderstood" plot-line to keep the game clean, but thankfully unlike the anime, the games are still doing great.

For me, Team Flare has its similarities with Galactic and so scores less points. They were both upset with the human element & how it has dirtied/misused the world. Lysandre didn't seem as compelling as Cyrus was. His choice of letting the grunts in Flare live on also struck me as odd, since he wanted good people to properly share resources & reduce strife. I honestly thought Mega Evolution was going to be invented by Team Flare (for bad intents, of course) and then we eventually use this against them. Anyway, I'm sure the next instalment will do justice to the plot & it's characters. For now, we just enjoy the 3D!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruas View Post
    Actually, after Team Rocket, pretty much every other villain has been a "mean well, but are going about it in the wrong way". Magma/Aqua were just extreme environmentalists - they just wanted more sea/land for the good of everybody. In Galactic's case, Cyrus was just upset with the imperfections & similarly to Lysandre wanted to fix the world for the good of the world rather than it's inhabitants. The easiest way of doing it was to reset the world. IMO, Cyrus was a bit more extreme since he wasn't planning on taking any of the Galactic members either, just himself. And then, Team Plasma as you said were like another form of environmentalists, except more concerned with Pokemon. I guess just like the anime, GF must employ some sort of "not evil, just misunderstood" plot-line to keep the game clean, but thankfully unlike the anime, the games are still doing great.

For me, Team Flare has its similarities with Galactic and so scores less points. They were both upset with the human element & how it has dirtied/misused the world. Lysandre didn't seem as compelling as Cyrus was. His choice of letting the grunts in Flare live on also struck me as odd, since he wanted good people to properly share resources & reduce strife. I honestly thought Mega Evolution was going to be invented by Team Flare (for bad intents, of course) and then we eventually use this against them. Anyway, I'm sure the next instalment will do justice to the plot & it's characters. For now, we just enjoy the 3D!
    At least in the case of Team Plasma, that's only half true. N and the side of Plasma loyal to his ideals certainly fit the bill, but Ghetsis and his side were quite open about simply wanting to rule the world; there were no good but misguided intentions in what Ghetsis was gunning for. And while Team Galactic may fit the bill as a whole (I question that myself, but your definition of good intentions is vague enough that it's not really wrong), Platinum revealed that Cyrus' new world was to be solely for him, not for humanity as a whole. Cyrus and Ghetsis, if not their Teams as a whole, were pretty well truly evil as far as I'm concerned.

It would have been interesting if they were the ones to introduce Mega Evolutions (though that would alter the Pokemon Origins special). Regardless of Team Flare, I really love this generation. The changes to breeding alone will be great (getting a hidden ability from male, female, or genderless), but I'm looking forward to seeing what else comes along. I still remember seeing the trailer for the games last year and being blown away by the graphics.

The anime I think I would have enjoyed more over the years if every single episode didn't constantly have Team Rocket trying to steal X Pokemon only to be thwarted. Maybe it is something that is more welcome elsewhere, but I honestly do not understand why Team Rocket are in every single episode. I actually had hope during one of the Black and White seasons where they seemed to actually be a legitimate trio, but they ended up back in the "must steal Pikachu" phase.

Looking for Hidden Abilities and have some to share? Click the banner above for my Trade Shop!

Pokemon X Info.
    Friend Code: 1418-7764-5015
    In Game Name: James III

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast