Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: General Characters/Storyline Thread

One like the hoenn would be great. He was not nice but not bad either. He was always up for a battle and sometimes it did insult us lol

There were too many friends.

They didnt need to make it so friendly just for kids.

I dont enjoy cheesy story lines, but the graphics are awesome.

Az was pretty cool though.

I dont like how your avatar looks a ten year old kid. Im 19, I want to look like it ty.

Its a video games, shouldve been an option for it.

Team flare wouldve been fine if they didnt care about fashion or do that cheesy crap with their arms right before battling them.

Quote Originally Posted by MelonGerbil View Post
    There were too many friends.

They didnt need to make it so friendly just for kids.

I dont enjoy cheesy story lines, but the graphics are awesome.

Az was pretty cool though.

I dont like how your avatar looks a ten year old kid. Im 19, I want to look like it ty.

Its a video games, shouldve been an option for it.

Team flare wouldve been fine if they didnt care about fashion or do that cheesy crap with their arms right before battling them.
    I liked the group of friends it added a comfortable feeling to the game. I felt quite lonely in Gen III without friends. Also Pokemon games aren't really big on story-lines.

Yeah I thought the fact that I couldn't change my avatar to an older like 15-17 year old version was kind of lame.

Lysandre was a lame character. I wanted to see someone a little more evil like Ghetsis or slick like Giovanni. Team Flare didn't really do much for me, their plans were vague and I never really understood what they were trying to accomplish until the end of the game.
    All credit for this banner goes to Red's Mount Silver Art Shop at Bulbagarden

Facial hair

But that's been the case since like forever, though. Unless you count Wes and Michael who looked like cliché shonen anime protagonists ŕ la Yu-Gi-Oh!. Although personally, I'm 20 and I think that my player character looks remarkably similar to me.

I thought that their obsession with fashion tied in nicely to their elitism.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

The chibi-like avatars annoyed me a tad - just a tad - but I basically brushed that off to the overworld map style. In the dressing room, the character feels like it makes more sense, and they don't feel to have a distinct age in appearance either. But hey, in my mind - at least you get to change it SOME, so I can't complain that much.
    I admit that the story felt... off. But I'm honestly overlooking most of it - key word, most. This is something that's always irked me some, but - much as I love Diancie's mega appearance - wasn't it mentioned somewhere in the story that only Pokemon who were NOT native to Kalos could go into Mega form, for some reason? Diancie is a Carbink, and Carbink being native to Kalos should by definition not allow it, nor Diancie by extension, to have a mega form.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgofall View Post
    This is something that's always irked me some, but - much as I love Diancie's mega appearance - wasn't it mentioned somewhere in the story that only Pokemon who were NOT native to Kalos could go into Mega form, for some reason? Diancie is a Carbink, and Carbink being native to Kalos should by definition not allow it, nor Diancie by extension, to have a mega form.
    That was never stated, no, and if it were, then Pokémon such as Salamence and Abomasnow, which in the flashback to the AZ-era war were shown to be present in Kalos 3,000 years ago and can still be found there in the modern day, would not be able to Mega Evolve either since they are most likely native to Kalos as well as to Hoenn and Sinnoh, respectively.

Basically, a Pokémon being introduced in any given Generation does not necessarily mean that that Pokémon is native to that Generation's region.

It's like Sudowoodo. You see a grand total of one Sudowoodo in Johto, but they can be found in abundance in Sinnoh and Kalos, which could suggest that they are actually native to those regions.

You may be thinking of this quote from an online interview:

"X and Y will include all Pokemon from all previous games, offering the largest selection of Pokemon in any of the series' titles. But only specific Pokemon have Mega Evolutions; older Pokemon — like Mewtwo, Lucario and the Generation One starters — will have Mega Evolutions, but Pokemon newly introduced in X and Y will not."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/19/474...la-to-focus-on
    ... but that is simply referring to the mechanically-oriented, out-of-universe logic behind the distribution of Mega Evolutions. It has no bearing on the in-universe story logic, and additionally, the introduction of Mega Diancie does not contradict this statement, as all that it claims is that XY will not introduce Mega Evolutions for any Generation VI Pokémon. Mega Diancie was, of course, introduced in ORAS, not XY.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132