Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132
Results 776 to 784 of 784

Thread: General Characters/Storyline Thread

  1. #776
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    235

    Default

    One like the hoenn would be great. He was not nice but not bad either. He was always up for a battle and sometimes it did insult us lol

  2. #777
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    32

    Default

    There were too many friends.

    They didnt need to make it so friendly just for kids.

    I dont enjoy cheesy story lines, but the graphics are awesome.

    Az was pretty cool though.

    I dont like how your avatar looks a ten year old kid. Im 19, I want to look like it ty.

    Its a video games, shouldve been an option for it.

    Team flare wouldve been fine if they didnt care about fashion or do that cheesy crap with their arms right before battling them.

  3. #778
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kanto/Johto
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MelonGerbil View Post
    There were too many friends.

    They didnt need to make it so friendly just for kids.

    I dont enjoy cheesy story lines, but the graphics are awesome.

    Az was pretty cool though.

    I dont like how your avatar looks a ten year old kid. Im 19, I want to look like it ty.

    Its a video games, shouldve been an option for it.

    Team flare wouldve been fine if they didnt care about fashion or do that cheesy crap with their arms right before battling them.
    I liked the group of friends it added a comfortable feeling to the game. I felt quite lonely in Gen III without friends. Also Pokemon games aren't really big on story-lines.

    Yeah I thought the fact that I couldn't change my avatar to an older like 15-17 year old version was kind of lame.

    Lysandre was a lame character. I wanted to see someone a little more evil like Ghetsis or slick like Giovanni. Team Flare didn't really do much for me, their plans were vague and I never really understood what they were trying to accomplish until the end of the game.
    All credit for this banner goes to Red's Mount Silver Art Shop at Bulbagarden

  4. #779
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MelonGerbil View Post
    I dont like how your avatar looks a ten year old kid. Im 19, I want to look like it ty.
    Facial hair

    But that's been the case since like forever, though. Unless you count Wes and Michael who looked like cliché shonen anime protagonists ŕ la Yu-Gi-Oh!. Although personally, I'm 20 and I think that my player character looks remarkably similar to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by MelonGerbil View Post
    Team flare wouldve been fine if they didnt care about fashion or do that cheesy crap with their arms right before battling them.
    I thought that their obsession with fashion tied in nicely to their elitism.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  5. #780
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    GMT-5
    Posts
    7

    Default

    The chibi-like avatars annoyed me a tad - just a tad - but I basically brushed that off to the overworld map style. In the dressing room, the character feels like it makes more sense, and they don't feel to have a distinct age in appearance either. But hey, in my mind - at least you get to change it SOME, so I can't complain that much.
    I admit that the story felt... off. But I'm honestly overlooking most of it - key word, most. This is something that's always irked me some, but - much as I love Diancie's mega appearance - wasn't it mentioned somewhere in the story that only Pokemon who were NOT native to Kalos could go into Mega form, for some reason? Diancie is a Carbink, and Carbink being native to Kalos should by definition not allow it, nor Diancie by extension, to have a mega form.

  6. #781
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgofall View Post
    This is something that's always irked me some, but - much as I love Diancie's mega appearance - wasn't it mentioned somewhere in the story that only Pokemon who were NOT native to Kalos could go into Mega form, for some reason? Diancie is a Carbink, and Carbink being native to Kalos should by definition not allow it, nor Diancie by extension, to have a mega form.
    That was never stated, no, and if it were, then Pokémon such as Salamence and Abomasnow, which in the flashback to the AZ-era war were shown to be present in Kalos 3,000 years ago and can still be found there in the modern day, would not be able to Mega Evolve either since they are most likely native to Kalos as well as to Hoenn and Sinnoh, respectively.

    Basically, a Pokémon being introduced in any given Generation does not necessarily mean that that Pokémon is native to that Generation's region.

    It's like Sudowoodo. You see a grand total of one Sudowoodo in Johto, but they can be found in abundance in Sinnoh and Kalos, which could suggest that they are actually native to those regions.

    You may be thinking of this quote from an online interview:

    "X and Y will include all Pokemon from all previous games, offering the largest selection of Pokemon in any of the series' titles. But only specific Pokemon have Mega Evolutions; older Pokemon — like Mewtwo, Lucario and the Generation One starters — will have Mega Evolutions, but Pokemon newly introduced in X and Y will not."

    http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/19/474...la-to-focus-on
    ... but that is simply referring to the mechanically-oriented, out-of-universe logic behind the distribution of Mega Evolutions. It has no bearing on the in-universe story logic, and additionally, the introduction of Mega Diancie does not contradict this statement, as all that it claims is that XY will not introduce Mega Evolutions for any Generation VI Pokémon. Mega Diancie was, of course, introduced in ORAS, not XY.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  7. #782
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    In the corridors of my mind
    Posts
    569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Mega Diancie was, of course, introduced in ORAS, not XY.
    A valid point, also it was an event legendary and, technically speaking, event legendaries are not necessarily introduced at the outset of the game, but "revealed" later on into the generation. Granted everyone knows, but officially, they are not revealed at the get-go, hence making the original claim of Diancie no"introduced" in X and Y, valid. The same goes for past event legendaries (Genesect, Celebi, Deoxys, etc.).

    In a relatively unrelated note, the thing that bugged me most about XY was the lack of gym leader interaction, at least during the main storyline (haven't finished the postgame yet). This is my criticism with almost every main series Pokemon game of course as most of them you pop in a gym, battle, and pop out. Yes, some gym leaders had bigger roles (i.e. Clemont and Korrina), but ones like Ramos, Olympia, and Grant just fill the gym space. I'd get over it except for the fact that they executed this SO WELL in BW/BW2 with well defined and developed gym leaders who actually stepped outside and interacted with the protagonist to move the plot along. Also, the fact that they STILL haven't done a dark-type gym is very strange and annoying.
    "Be yourself and no regrets... that's our motto!"
    -------------------------->[+-][+-]
    ---------------------------->[+-]
    -------------------------->[+-]
    ----------------------->[+-][+-]apto369

    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

    In Soviet Russia, Pokemon claim you!

  8. #783
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    1,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MelonGerbil View Post
    I dont like how your avatar looks a ten year old kid. Im 19, I want to look like it ty.
    Quote Originally Posted by ((JAWS)) View Post
    Yeah I thought the fact that I couldn't change my avatar to an older like 15-17 year old version was kind of lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Facial hair

    But that's been the case since like forever, though. Unless you count Wes and Michael who looked like cliché shonen anime protagonists ŕ la Yu-Gi-Oh!. Although personally, I'm 20 and I think that my player character looks remarkably similar to me.
    I thought they looked older tbh o_O

    But I'm mostly thinking of their full models and artwork. They definitely look older than Brendan or May in ORAS.

  9. #784
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    I thought they looked older tbh o_O

    But I'm mostly thinking of their full models and artwork. They definitely look older than Brendan or May in ORAS.
    That's mainly because of the artstyle, the characters are drawn to be taller. I don't think they're older than 11-12ish. In fact, aside from Hilbert/Hilda and RSE Brendan/May I don't think any of the protagonists are older than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •