Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: General Characters/Storyline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jonotengo View Post
    not gonna lie. that creeped me out the other day. i went up to whatever floor that was, some creepy music came up, she appeared out of no where and disappeared off screen. i tried to follow where she went but nada. i'd like to know how she fits in to any of this
    That sounds kind of like the old Chateau in Generation 4 to be perfectly honest. I wonder if that is something that will be picked up later...

Quote Originally Posted by MattzOr View Post
    I really loved the game, but it has some letdowns for me:

Spoiler:- My feelings on the game. Includes post-game details.:
        Spoiler:- How I feel:

I have to say I'm not that keen on the group of friends you have this time around. They're lovely people, but they're all terrible at battles and the friendship makes me feel bad for so easily flogging them. I miss Gary Oak; he was challenging to fight, but he was also a jerk, which made beating him all the more satisfying. Every time I beat Serena, I feel like I'm the instigator in some sinister abusive relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Kataphrut View Post
    I have to say I'm not that keen on the group of friends you have this time around. They're lovely people, but they're all terrible at battles and the friendship makes me feel bad for so easily flogging them. I miss Gary Oak; he was challenging to fight, but he was also a jerk, which made beating him all the more satisfying. Every time I beat Serena, I feel like I'm the instigator in some sinister abusive relationship.
    Omg, my thoughts exactly tbh, I felt really bad for Serena... I mean, think about it (from her perspective)
    You're the best trainer in your village, and all of the sudden some new kid comes along and ALSO gets a starter. Okay, nothing going on.
    Then, he beats you at all battles, okay, I have to get better
    THEN he stops you from having a mega evolution training...
    I'd be so ***** jealous if I were Serena xD
    Pokemon X is AMAZING

Quote Originally Posted by MyvTeddy View Post
        Spoiler:- How I feel:
        Spoiler:- Spoiler:
    Pokemon X is AMAZING

One thing I seriously missed in this story that immersed me much more was the in battle cut ins. Like how N would say "Show me the voice of your pokemon!" after the first turn, then show his resolve at the end of the match. Those cut'ins really worked well to show the emotion during battle, not to mention how people like Cheren felt.

Also, my opinion of the friends changed as the story went on. At first I though Calem was bland, but after a while, I really saw the desperation in his eyes as I kept surpassing him in pretty much everyway. It's almost heart breaking, and makes me feel horrible. D:...

Shauna was probably the most fleshed out though. Not gonna lie.

I liked The teams goal, and it reminded me of tales of Vesperia...A lot like tales of vesperia atcually, at least in how the conflict went down. Team plasma is still way past them in terms of favorites though, N just connected with me too much.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    One thing I seriously missed in this story that immersed me much more was the in battle cut ins. Like how N would say "Show me the voice of your pokemon!" after the first turn, then show his resolve at the end of the match. Those cut'ins really worked well to show the emotion during battle, not to mention how people like Cheren felt.
    Oh, you're right; those didn't carry over into XY. That's a bit of shame. Although I suppose that they would be a bit difficult to implement without either disrupting the flow of the battle or murderating the framerate.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Just finished the Looker Side-quest thing.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Oh, you're right; those didn't carry over into XY. That's a bit of shame. Although I suppose that they would be a bit difficult to implement without either disrupting the flow of the battle or murderating the framerate.
    Yeah I'm not sure how it would be implemented either.

They could of possibly used those anime cut ins they gave every trainer. When something important happens in the battle, that cut in of them appears (The offical art may not work, needs something with more action.) as a text box appears showing how they feel.

Would be akward, but I feel like they could have done it right.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I feel like the main problem I have with this game is the simple fact that most characters don't really do anything and aren't very interesting. The most interesting characters don't even get introduced/developed until the post game, which is very disappointing. The Gym Leaders are very bland compared to the last 2 Generations, your friends might as well not exist with how little bearing they have on the game, and the all the Team Flare scientists (Bar Xerosic) are pretty damn generic. With the large character roster this time around and some cool looking character designs, it was a big missed opportunity.
    Here's hoping Z fixes everything.
    Last edited by ShadowKreach; 17th October 2013 at 7:59 PM.
    Pokemon Pearl version Nuzlocke team
    Theo, Quiet Nature, Lv.36 Stella, Lonely Nature, Lv.33
    Elvis, Calm Nature, Lv.33 Clara, Hasty Nature, Lv.33
    Balthazar, Gentle Nature, Lv.33 Cassidy, Adamant Nature, Lv.33

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKreach View Post
    your friends might as well not exist with how little bearing they have on the game
    Do the in-game friends often have that big of a role, though? Besides Blue, Cheren, Bianca, and maaaybe Silver, it seems as though they others may as well not exist either.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Do the in-game friends often have that big of a role, though? Besides Blue, Cheren, Bianca, and maaaybe Silver, it seems as though they others may as well not exist either.
    It's just the fact that you have 4 friends this time around, and when 3 of them barely do anything, it's a bit more noticeable.
    Pokemon Pearl version Nuzlocke team
    Theo, Quiet Nature, Lv.36 Stella, Lonely Nature, Lv.33
    Elvis, Calm Nature, Lv.33 Clara, Hasty Nature, Lv.33
    Balthazar, Gentle Nature, Lv.33 Cassidy, Adamant Nature, Lv.33

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKreach View Post
    It's just the fact that you have 4 friends this time around, and when 3 of them barely do anything, it's a bit more noticeable.
    My thoughts exactly!!!
    Pokemon has a really big potential for this kind of stuff
    For example (my idea's):
    When you finish the game, you can ask any of your friends to come with you (like Shauna did at the beginning of the game), that way, you can have double battles WHOLE the time
    Or, you can ask the whole gang to come with you, no need to let all of them battle, they can just come with you, you know, for the fun of it
    Or hence, even better, throughout the game you have the option to let one of them come with you, it would be an amazing experience
    Pokemon X is AMAZING

Taken from the mouth of a TCG player.

It feels like they wanted to challenge you for that 1-4 hour interval between badges 1-2, and then for the rest of the game it flowed down the river like water over a ducks back, in otherwords, there was story, there was quite a bit of it (between you're friends/rival, team flare, and etc), however it's just seemed to fast paced and to me the whole game seemed to be a game ploy/vamp up for the VGC crowd more so then a game for the gamers market that doesn't care about competing in the VGC (just how they have the IV judge, a lot of battle places for the players to gain experience, and it's uber easy to grind with exp.share, the list goes on).
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Quote Originally Posted by Goten21 View Post
        Spoiler:- Spoiler:
    I do, its just it still moves in blocks. Basically I want to be able to move in a 360 motion fluidly versus a 8 way block movement. Does that make any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by MyvTeddy View Post
    I do, its just it still moves in blocks. Basically I want to be able to move in a 360 motion fluidly versus a 8 way block movement. Does that make any sense?
    It does, and I want to note, they made it that way that you can only walk with the arrows anyway, so what does it really matter? I mean, the roller scates are perfectely fluid anyway, so is the bike.
    Pokemon X is AMAZING

after we beat serena and she gives us absolute, does she still have an extra one to megaevolve her absol in our rematches?
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    after we beat serena and she gives us absolute, does she still have an extra one to megaevolve her absol in our rematches?
    She clearly said that in the chat afterwards- yes she does, she had a spare and she wanted to share one with the player
    Pokemon X is AMAZING

Your friends are horrible. 2 of them are practically useless except for fill-ins (Shauna and Tierno) one barely ever appears (Trevor) and (Serena) isn't strong enough. I remember losing to Silver 6 times before winning. The storyline was long but felt short. And then you see people on gts have lvl 80 pokemon for trade within the first 3 hrs. of the release. This was very disappointing (except that the highest a wild pokemon could get was lvl 25).
    GAME OVER
    please try again next time

3DS FC: 0387-9333-2196

I haves claimed PorygonZ! (Not a typo)

http://dragcave.net/view/NjBIS
    http://dragcave.net/view/flTM8]
    http://dragcave.net/view/HXFjx]

Quote Originally Posted by AnyRandomName View Post
    Your friends are horrible. 2 of them are practically useless except for fill-ins (Shauna and Tierno) one barely ever appears (Trevor) and (Serena) isn't strong enough. I remember losing to Silver 6 times before winning. The storyline was long but felt short. And then you see people on gts have lvl 80 pokemon for trade within the first 3 hrs. of the release. This was very disappointing (except that the highest a wild pokemon could get was lvl 25).
    Your problem here is that you used the E.X.P. All. Do another run in the future without it, and I GUARANTEE things will be harder with them.

Thank you based Turpoo

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    Taken from the mouth of a TCG player.

It feels like they wanted to challenge you for that 1-4 hour interval between badges 1-2, and then for the rest of the game it flowed down the river like water over a ducks back, in otherwords, there was story, there was quite a bit of it (between you're friends/rival, team flare, and etc), however it's just seemed to fast paced and to me the whole game seemed to be a game ploy/vamp up for the VGC crowd more so then a game for the gamers market that doesn't care about competing in the VGC (just how they have the IV judge, a lot of battle places for the players to gain experience, and it's uber easy to grind with exp.share, the list goes on).
    Black and White were very good in terms of plot and pacing. it took me a while to play through the main game, not just 12 hrs of nonstop play. One of the reasons i loved bw was because the plot was better developed and the rivals/gym leaders had a use in the story. Also, team plasma had a definite purpose and internal conflict with N. The more adult-like Cheren was a nice change from childish, just-want-to-win rivals from previous gens.
    In b2w2, team plasma took a serious hit. I liked how the plot with N was further elaborated, but i felt like Colress didn't fulfill the role he was supposed to. He could have been awesome, except he wasn't, because he appears all of twice during the story line.
    I was hoping for a longer game, with a lot of the features that made previous games enjoyable. Instead, because of the EXP Share, you can sweep through every gym leader and the elite four. 4 rivals is pushing it, because none of them can be developed fully. And, why the need for a psuedo-love story?

Quote Originally Posted by Goten21 View Post
    It does, and I want to note, they made it that way that you can only walk with the arrows anyway, so what does it really matter? I mean, the roller scates are perfectely fluid anyway, so is the bike.
    The rollerskates and bike I love because they're basically what I want. But sometimes I run with the dowsing machine on (There is ALOT of items I would have missed without it). Running isn't too bad but I still wish for it to be smooth as well. My personal gripe really.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    He could have been awesome, except he wasn't, because he appears all of twice during the story line.
    Colress appeared like, six times counting the post-game. And only one of those instances was even in the post-game.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

This is about a character, so I guess it goes here...?

Anyway, anyone else weirded out by the O-Powers guy? Most times, you find him alone in a hotel room, he says "Let's bond!" and the screen goes dark. When the lights come up... he's gone. The first time I just brushed it off, but as I found him more times, the subtext became more and more evident.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    This is about a character, so I guess it goes here...?

Anyway, anyone else weirded out by the O-Powers guy? Most times, you find him alone in a hotel room, he says "Let's bond!" and the screen goes dark. When the lights come up... he's gone. The first time I just brushed it off, but as I found him more times, the subtext became more and more evident.
    You're not the only one. My girlfriend and I joked endlessly about Mr. Bonding all throughout release day.

It's bonding time!
    Last edited by Endolise; 18th October 2013 at 8:09 PM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast