Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: General Characters/Storyline Thread

I just thought of something...

Valerie's apparently a fashion designer from the Johto region, which is mentioned by someone in-game. She also mentions how she wants to be a Pokemon, and her main Pokemon is Sylveon, one of the evolved forms of Eevee.
    Bill is also from the Johto region (His family live there, at the very least). He himself has been turned into a Pokemon in the past, and his favourite Pokemon just so happens to be Eevee. It seems entirely possible that there could be a link between these two characters.
    It's possibly a coincidence that these two characters share these traits, but it's definitely something to think about...
    Pokemon Pearl version Nuzlocke team
    Theo, Quiet Nature, Lv.36 Stella, Lonely Nature, Lv.33
    Elvis, Calm Nature, Lv.33 Clara, Hasty Nature, Lv.33
    Balthazar, Gentle Nature, Lv.33 Cassidy, Adamant Nature, Lv.33

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKreach View Post
    I just thought of something...

Valerie's apparently a fashion designer from the Johto region, which is mentioned by someone in-game. She also mentions how she wants to be a Pokemon, and her main Pokemon is Sylveon, one of the evolved forms of Eevee.
    Bill is also from the Johto region (His family live there, at the very least). He himself has been turned into a Pokemon in the past, and his favourite Pokemon just so happens to be Eevee. It seems entirely possible that there could be a link between these two characters.
    It's possibly a coincidence that these two characters share these traits, but it's definitely something to think about...
    To be honest, I made more of a connection to the Kimono Girls - only problem is that Valerie isn't wearing a Kimono - although the trainers in her gym are, but I don't know if that means anything.

[QUOTE=Endolise;16554213]That title actually goes to Red and Blue, who have both appeared in five out of six generations so far.

Not counting remakes as separate appearances from their originals, however, then Looker would actually be tied with Red, Blue, Prof. Oak, Steven, Cynthia, Jasmine, Sabrina, and Crasher Wake.[/
    Wasn't counting PWT.

Looker- 4, 5, 6
    Red-1 and 2
    Green/Blue/Gary- 1, 2, mentioned in 6
    Jasmine- 2 and 4
    Sabrina-1 and 2
    Wake- 4 and 5
    Cynthia- 4 and 5
    Steven-3
    Oak-1,2,and 4 so I'll give you that one.

As far as total in game appearances go(not counting remakes or PWT), I'm not really sure.

When is serebii updating the rivals page with the main characters?
    My friend code is 2380 - 3713 - 7508 Add me or if you want me to add you pm with your code. I'll add you later, but you must pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post
    Wasn't counting PWT.

Looker- 4, 5, 6
    Red-1 and 2
    Jasmine- 2 and 4
    Sabrina-1 and 2
    Wake- 4 and 5
    Cynthia- 4 and 5
    Steven-3

As far as total in game appearances go(not counting remakes or PWT), I'm not really sure.
    In that case, Sabrina would actually have three appearances to her name, as she plays the villain in a line of Pokéstar Studios films in B2W2.

Also, I personally wouldn't count mentions/references, because they're very difficult to keep track of. But that's just me. :P

On an unrelated note, did anybody else feel sad when...

Spoiler:- Post-game spoilers:
    Last edited by Endolise; 22nd October 2013 at 6:01 PM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

[QUOTE=Born Better;16554389]
    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    That title actually goes to Red and Blue, who have both appeared in five out of six generations so far.

Not counting remakes as separate appearances from their originals, however, then Looker would actually be tied with Red, Blue, Prof. Oak, Steven, Cynthia, Jasmine, Sabrina, and Crasher Wake.[/
    Wasn't counting PWT.

Looker- 4, 5, 6
    Red-1 and 2
    Jasmine- 2 and 4
    Sabrina-1 and 2
    Wake- 4 and 5
    Cynthia- 4 and 5
    Steven-3

Technically Steven was in 2 as he was in HGSS (Hoenn starter giver?).

EDIT: also, Caitlin appeared in gen 4 and 5, and 2 if you include Johto frontier (2 and 4 also applies for other Frontier Brains introduced in gen 4 if you count that way). The Magikarp salesman also appears in gens 1 and 5. The Team Rocket executives also appear in gens 1 and 2. The majority of Kanto leaders appear in gens 1 and 2. Bill appears in 1 and 2, as does Giovanni (though you may choose not to count 2 as this is event only). In fact almost every character in gen 1 appears in gen 2.
    Last edited by hydrosharp_98; 22nd October 2013 at 8:56 PM.
    You rock, and you rule!

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do anything. Truth is, you can do anything.

Aim for the top, and be...a Pokémon master!!!
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Pokémon X team:
    - Froakie
    - Torchic
    - Bulbasaur
    -?????
    -?????
    -?????

In that case, Sabrina would actually have three appearances to her name, as she plays the villain in a line of Pokéstar Studios films in B2W2.

Also, I personally wouldn't count mentions/references, because they're very difficult to keep track of. But that's just me. :P

Didn't really play pokestar so I didn't know that. And I wasn't counting references; I simply brought it up.

[QUOTE=hydrosharp_98;16558082]
    Quote Originally Posted by Born Better View Post

Technically Steven was in 2 as he was in HGSS (Hoenn starter giver?).

EDIT: also, Caitlin appeared in gen 4 and 5, and 2 if you include Johto frontier (2 and 4 also applies for other Frontier Brains introduced in gen 4 if you count that way). The Magikarp salesman also appears in gens 1 and 5. The Team Rocket executives also appear in gens 1 and 2. The majority of Kanto leaders appear in gens 1 and 2. Bill appears in 1 and 2, as does Giovanni (though you may choose not to count 2 as this is event only). In fact almost every character in gen 1 appears in gen 2.
    Didn't know about Steven so okay. HGSS is still gen 4, so no. And I was only responding to the characters bruh man listed.

Spoiler:- Hmmmm:

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
        Spoiler:- Hmmmm:
    She says that she is glad to have you as a friend (or something to that effect).

Also, the male protagonist's version of the fireworks display isn't really all that "romantic" anyway, in my opinion.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Spoiler:- Well...:
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Spoiler:- So sad:

Speaking of, despite my initial view of the game being that it was a lot more light-hearted and goofy than most previous games (Thanks for that, Team Flare Grunts), I actually feel like X & Y could be the darkest games in the series yet. There are so many weird things to think about in the game that it just changed the atmosphere of the entire game to a much more serious tone.

Spoiler:- MASSIVE SPOILERS (MAIN GAME AND POST-GAME):

Yeah, I think I made my point. X & Y are dark.
    Pokemon Pearl version Nuzlocke team
    Theo, Quiet Nature, Lv.36 Stella, Lonely Nature, Lv.33
    Elvis, Calm Nature, Lv.33 Clara, Hasty Nature, Lv.33
    Balthazar, Gentle Nature, Lv.33 Cassidy, Adamant Nature, Lv.33

I definitely love how GameFreak is continuously putting dark undertones into the storylines. If you skimmed past it all you'd think it was harmless and meant nothing, but then we're able to delve into it and really get what it means. GameFreak definitely has all the fandom in their minds nowadays, giving the older fans the dark storyline that they can find by reading between the lines, but giving the younger fans a fun storyline.

Spoiler:- SPOILERS?:

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Spoiler:- :

My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

I like to think
    Pokemon X/Y: Making me hate being on Dial-Up even more than I already did.

I never talked to them, but what the crap. That's horrible.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

[QUOTE=Endolise;16558936]    Spoiler:- :

I remember seeing the last panel in AZ's flashback. The first time I saw it, I thought: "Whoa, are those the tombstones of Pokemon killed by the ancient weapon's blast?"

But after watching the story's climax again, I realized that the stones were not used as a remembrance of those killed by the ultimate weapon, but instead, they were used to drain the life energy of Pokemon attached to them for the sake of Floette's resurrection. And then I thought: "Holy crap! Those stones have Pokemon images on them because the sacrificed Pokemon became petrified and merged with the stones as a result of their life force being taken away..."
    Last edited by Exacus; 23rd October 2013 at 1:04 AM.

After playing the story, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in it. It's one of those stories where I feel it has some excellent concepts to it (like Lysandre's ultimate goal), but it lacks the depth and execution to truly bring them out in some areas, especially when it comes to a majority of the characters where I feel ended up being too one-note. If it wasn't for that, the story would be excellent, but I can't help but feel that it just missed the mark because it didn't follow through.

Spoiler:- Hmm:

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
        Spoiler:- Hmm:
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Do you guys think we are not able to re battle shauna, tierno and trevor or perhaps we can re battle them post game?
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

Nope, we're not. Tierno gives you fetch quests for heart scales, Trevor tells you if a Pokemon that has a Mevolution every day, and Shauna just stands in front of your house for the rest of her life after she trades you her starter's baby.

oh, I guess they are saving them for the third version.
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

So post-game, I popped by Anistar City and a girl mentioned that besides Team Flare, there were a group of people who inquired about Xerneas/Yveltal a few years earlier. Any thoughts?
    3DS Friend Code: 2809-8564-8116

Is Blue/Gary in the game? Someone was talking about him coming to Kalos to studying abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by rng View Post
    Is Blue/Gary in the game? Someone was talking about him coming to Kalos to studying abroad.
    Just a reference. He doesn't show up. Other NPCs referenced Colress and Shauntal. I think there several more.

Quote Originally Posted by theraggedyman View Post
    So post-game, I popped by Anistar City and a girl mentioned that besides Team Flare, there were a group of people who inquired about Xerneas/Yveltal a few years earlier. Any thoughts?
    Yeah. This game has so many mysteries, I have so many questions.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Is there screenshots of every trainer class as they appear in battle? I saw the Maid's image today and really want to get a good look at it. That and the sexy female Rangers...

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast