Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Gym Leaders & Elite Four Thread

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    I have no trouble with any of the gym leaders. I was sad that they were so easy. Why isn't there a easy-hard mode in xy?
    It's one of those things they like to add then take out then add again in the next games in the generation - so I'd expect they return in the return to Kalos whenever that is.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    So what about the E4? How would you rank them in terms of how difficult they were to you?
    I just fought them today, so they're fresh in my mind.

Siebold > Malva > Wikstrom > Drasna

Siebold and Malva were the only ones to take out multiple Pokemon. Siebold actually only left me with one Pokemon thanks to Gyarados, but I couldn't have been happier to destroy that Barbaracle.

The only challenging Pokemon were Siebold's Gyarados, Malva's Talonflame and Wikstrom's Aegislash.

Diantha was also pretty easy until she megavolved her Gardevoir. Good thing I had Shadow Sneak.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

One thing I thinks weird about it is the elite four reappear at the battle chateau but with a really weakened team, they should have a stronger team in my opinion.
    Signature Warning.
    Your image is too wide (over 600 pixels) so it has been removed.

They should've moved the whole Mega Evolution aspect, the Exp. Share, and possibly the random extra Kanto Starter for the post-game instead of giving all that to us first-hand in order to keep the difficulty at a steady pace.

Out of the elite four, only wikstrom has a speed bump in his sturdy ability pokemon, but even thats easy to bypass.
    I have started only taking a party of four in the elite 4 and even then its easy (and thats with lv70-80)
    Thinking i may run a team of 3 through there soon.
    Friend code for pokemon X version-2062-9195-3159
    Safari Type: Ghost.......... ( apparently )
    Found in said safari: shuppet, phantump and driftblim...... ( wonder if anyone got something different )
    Please add me, and send me your friend code via message and i shall add you
    VS recording: single battle, oops i only took 3 pokemon!!!! Code:s8wg-wwww-wwwx-mtbh (all caps lock apparently)
    Please watch and have a laugh at my very silly mistake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    It's one of those things they like to add then take out then add again in the next games in the generation - so I'd expect they return in the return to Kalos whenever that is.
    I really hope it does, and it doesn't end up some weird scavenger hunt that requires a key from an opposite version *if it applies* to get the new mode either.
    It wasn't cool how it forced you to rewrite your current file either. =/
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Siebold > Malva > Wikstrom > Drasna

The only challenging Pokemon were Siebold's Gyarados, Malva's Talonflame and Wikstrom's Aegislash.
    I'd say Siebold > Drasna > Wikstrom > Malva.

My Greninja used Surf to destroy Malva, Aegislash was tricky but Blaze Kicks from Blaziken took it down, I didn't really have a strategy for Drasna, and that one Gyarados left me with one Pokemon with low health. Curse you, Dragon Dance...
    My Platinum Team:

My OmegaRuby Team:

I really love Olympia's Gym; I went inside expecting some generic warp tile puzzle but I loved how GF incorporated the sphere-esque design and the Pokemon constellations in the background. I don't really care for Olympia herself but I did think she was really easy to beat, probably because I had two Dark-types on my team. I just have to battle Wulfric and I'll have all eight badges. I'm really looking forward to that mostly because Wulfric's strongest Pokemon is at level 59 if I heard correctly, which might make him more of a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I really love Olympia's Gym; I went inside expecting some generic warp tile puzzle but I loved how GF incorporated the sphere-esque design and the Pokemon constellations in the background. I don't really care for Olympia herself but I did think she was really easy to beat, probably because I had two Dark-types on my team. I just have to battle Wulfric and I'll have all eight badges. I'm really looking forward to that mostly because Wulfric's strongest Pokemon is at level 59 if I heard correctly, which might make him more of a challenge.
    I actually had a very hard time with Olympia, but maybe because I rushed in right after the previous Gym with little to no training. Thank goodness for Aerodactyl learning Crunch, it's the only thing that kept me alive.
    My Platinum Team:

My OmegaRuby Team:

I don't have any overall issues with the new Gym Leaders except for no Dark gym, but I will say I'm a little annoyed that Wulfric turned out to be Ice, I was hoping for something else, Ghost maybe.

The first three gyms had me convinced they would all be weak to the following gym, but then Ramos broke that streak. (Bug <- Rock <- Fighting <-> Grass)
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    I don't have any overall issues with the new Gym Leaders except for no Dark gym, but I will say I'm a little annoyed that Wulfric turned out to be Ice, I was hoping for something else, Ghost maybe.

The first three gyms had me convinced they would all be weak to the following gym, but then Ramos broke that streak. (Bug <- Rock <- Fighting <-> Grass)
    Yea they could've went {bug<~rock<~fighting<~psychic<~dark<~fairy<~poison or steel<~depends on whether they chose poison or steel}. I really like wikstrom so It would've been awesome to have a poison type gym ^.^

But I can't complain, I loved Ramos too
    Last edited by ColtonL; 12th November 2013 at 11:11 PM.
    ~Credit to:Sworn Metalhead(banner)andAstralShadow(button)~

I thought I'd write down my impressions of the Elite Four, since I'm running through them again to train my team a bit...

First of all, I think all their "rooms" are really ostentatious. I know that most of the Pokemon Leagues have had that sort of overwhelmingly majestic feeling, and it's quite fitting for the place that the best Trainers go, but in X the addition of 3D to all that really put it way over the top for me. That was especially evident in the Steel room with those twirling swords, the Water room with the gigantic fountains that somehow managed not to drown me, and even in the Fire room with the gigantic pillars of flame that somehow managed not to burn me. (As you can see, I have a tendency to overthink this stuff. xD) My favorite room is probably Dragon because it's kind of low-keyed in comparison. All the rooms are undeniably beautiful, though, with almost too much detail to take in without a few glances.

As for the Four themselves, I find that Fire is the easiest, probably because my Greninja is high-level enough to basically one-hit KO all of the Pokemon involved. Steel is relatively simple, but Klefki and Honedge got annoying after a while especially because of the constant Full Restore usage. Same goes for Water, which I battled last - Gyarados and that barnacle Pokemon are especially frustrating. Dragon was balanced enough to give a nice challenge to my Gardevoir without becoming too drawn-out or simple.

Diantha's room is just gorgeously ornate, to the point of making me wonder how exactly all that stained glass was installed...plus the curtains! xD When I beat her originally, her team was easier to KO than half the Elite Four were, and it turned out to be about the same way the second time. I feel like it's somewhat of a weakness having both Tyrantum and Aurorus (sp?) on her team, since I can one-hit KO them both in a row with my Lucario using Close Combat.
    Off exploring Hoenn again

Quote Originally Posted by Mi-tan View Post

First of all, I think all their "rooms" are really ostentatious. I know that most of the Pokemon Leagues have had that sort of overwhelmingly majestic feeling, and it's quite fitting for the place that the best Trainers go, but in X the addition of 3D to all that really put it way over the top for me. That was especially evident in the Steel room with those twirling swords, the Water room with the gigantic fountains that somehow managed not to drown me, and even in the Fire room with the gigantic pillars of flame that somehow managed not to burn me. (As you can see, I have a tendency to overthink this stuff. xD) My favorite room is probably Dragon because it's kind of low-keyed in comparison. All the rooms are undeniably beautiful, though, with almost too much detail to take in without a few glances.
    You weren't the only one thinking this. How did my character manage to be in Malva's room without at least getting a tan? How did she NOT get bone-soaked in the fountain? It's pretty insane. XD
    The Dragon-Room was the most traditional; that probably has to do with her hailing from Sinnoh.

As a matter of difficulty: Siebold > Wikstrom > Drasna> Malva

Gyarados was a bit frustrating at first since he'd keep DDing then Ice Fang/Waterfallin'g.
    Nosepass wasn't too terrible, even with sturdy.
    Last edited by Rio!; 13th November 2013 at 4:34 PM.

Art belongs to me

I think the E4 should have had rematches with better teams and higher-leveled Pokemon. In DP, the E4 were the same even after you beat them, but it changed in Platinum. Maybe they will have that in the alleged "Z" version. Gym Leaders also had rematches in Platinum, so maybe we can expect actual Gym Leader rematches with more than 2 Pokemon.
    3DS Name: Phoebe
    3DS FC: 0602-6757-2575
    FS: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, Spiritomb

I have claimed Dragonite!

5 IV Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by DragoniteRules1 View Post
    I think the E4 should have had rematches with better teams and higher-leveled Pokemon. In DP, the E4 were the same even after you beat them, but it changed in Platinum. Maybe they will have that in the alleged "Z" version. Gym Leaders also had rematches in Platinum, so maybe we can expect actual Gym Leader rematches with more than 2 Pokemon.
    Agreed; at least a 10-level increase, and a full 6-pokemon team for the E4 would be welcome, with the Champion's being around the early to mid 80's would be nice.

As for the Gym Leaders, them having at least a 5-pokemon team would be nice.

Art belongs to me

For some reason, in X & Y, the E4 seemed more pathetic than ever. It was a quick sweep for me and many people I know and I just feel like they should have made them stronger and/or at least worthy of fighting. So sad...

Let there be HAIL!

B/W FC: 3912 1280 0747
    B2W2 FC: 5158 0898 6591

3DS FC: 5026 4831 0186
    X&Y Safari with

Spoiler:- Current Total Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by 9ivory View Post
    For some reason, in X & Y, the E4 seemed more pathetic than ever. It was a quick sweep for me and many people I know and I just feel like they should have made them stronger and/or at least worthy of fighting. So sad...
    As easy as they were, I didn't find them any easier than the E4 of the past (HGSS was still a massive joke for me). At least they actually had moves for their Pokemon, unlike the entirety of the RB Elite 4 minus Lance's Hyper Beams. I know that's an unfair comparison, but I don't think they were that pathetic. It could have to do with the fact that they never got a rematch team, which was a bit disappointing.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 13th November 2013 at 11:02 PM.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

The design of the Elite Four is really obnoxious, with way too much walking involved and cutscenes that take too long. The cutscenes were nice to watch the first time I entered, but there should be an option to skip them after beating the game once.

The Pokémon used by the Elite Four are a disgrace. Their levels way, way below my party without ever grinding even, and only having 4 Pokémon per trainer. None of them even uses a Mega Evolution, except for Diantha, who wastes her Mega on a mid-tier Pokémon as her ace.

Malva using Torkoal is an insult to any challenger. Her Talonflame should have had his HA.
    Wikstrom's team isn't even... that bad, but too defensive focused, and is more annoying (Probopass's Sturdy to waste your time) than challenging really.
    Drasna is just a wanna-be Dragon trainer. Using an Altaria over, like a Haxorus or Garchomp. Are you kidding?
    Siebold's team is alright I guess... though, nothing spectacular.
    Diantha seems to have thrown a bunch of random Pokémon together and call it a team. She seriously needs a better ace than Gardevoir (or if she has to use it, at least give it like maxed out IVs + EVs or something).

I don't know what made Gamefreak think it was a good idea to remove the post-game Elite Four upgrade. My only guess is they want us to buy Pokémon Z to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Milennin View Post
    The design of the Elite Four is really obnoxious, with way too much walking involved and cutscenes that take too long. The cutscenes were nice to watch the first time I entered, but there should be an option to skip them after beating the game once.

The Pokémon used by the Elite Four are a disgrace. Their levels way, way below my party without ever grinding even, and only having 4 Pokémon per trainer. None of them even uses a Mega Evolution, except for Diantha, who wastes her Mega on a mid-tier Pokémon as her ace.

Malva using Torkoal is an insult to any challenger. Her Talonflame should have had his HA.
    Wikstrom's team isn't even... that bad, but too defensive focused, and is more annoying (Probopass's Sturdy to waste your time) than challenging really.
    Drasna is just a wanna-be Dragon trainer. Using an Altaria over, like a Haxorus or Garchomp. Are you kidding?
    Siebold's team is alright I guess... though, nothing spectacular.
    Diantha seems to have thrown a bunch of random Pokémon together and call it a team. She seriously needs a better ace than Gardevoir (or if she has to use it, at least give it like maxed out IVs + EVs or something).

I don't know what made Gamefreak think it was a good idea to remove the post-game Elite Four upgrade. My only guess is they want us to buy Pokémon Z to get it.
    Yeah, I would have expected Diantha's ace to be a Mega; maybe Blaziken or one of the Mega-starters. Something with more of a challenge. XD
    I got through with only two of my pokemon total without much issue as well.

I hope GF isn't banking on that; it could potentially make players wonder if difficulty is going to be altered at all. The only good they are right now is level- grinding.

Art belongs to me

I am grand duke in battle chateau in pokemon x and y can someone tell me how to battle diantha in battle chateau how long does it take for her to show up thank you.

Why should tiering make a difference for what a Champion should use as an ace though? What the competitive community has found to be good shouldn't have an impact on what GF chooses for an in-game trainer, Champion or not. And I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think every E4 and Champion ever has nearly flawless IV Pokemon (Sinnoh E4 for sure, at least). I'd say it's an educated guess to assume it's the same here, unless someone has better information on this. No in-game trainer ever besides apparently Psychic Inver uses EV'ed Pokemon though, so that might be asking for too much.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Why should tiering make a difference for what a Champion should use as an ace though? What the competitive community has found to be good shouldn't have an impact on what GF chooses for an in-game trainer, Champion or not.
    No, I'm not just referring to competitive tiers, but also to the Pokémon's BST. Gardevoir's BST isn't that spectacular. Even in Mega-form she's barely over the BST of regular pseudo-legendaries.

No, I'm not just referring to competitive tiers, but also to the Pokémon's BST. Gardevoir's BST isn't that spectacular. Even in Mega-form she's barely over the BST of regular pseudo-legendaries.
    Still, BST shouldn't have so much to do with what she uses as an ace. After all, she's not using something like a Spinda as an ace. That's still passable for a Champion, I think. That and, it's fitting for her to use something like that, given what little we know about her as a character.

I think Gardevior was a good mega for Diantha's character. For all we new she was a little elegant and a movie star. I can't quite see her with anything else. Also GF most likely wanted a Fairy type inclusion that wasn't forgettable like Florges.

I do have to admit that GF was smart for having a Steel type E4 member. Most of them could've 1-shotted my Gardevior. Good thing I had Thunderbolt and was faster than them .

Yeah, I wish there was post-game E4 upgrade too, but that was the only problem I had with it.

The Elite Four have been hilariously easy since Black/White, and the story is better for it. Breezing through the game only to hit a sudden repetitive-as-hell roadblock (looking at you, SoulSilver and Pearl versions) is annoying and bad game design. IMO, the major difficulty should come after the game is beaten, to allow for better EXP and actual training/testing of competitive teams.

Also, I felt that the designs and teams were well-chosen aside from the lack of a post-game upgrade. No one had any blatantly throwaway filler Pokemon like, say, Bruno's Onixes or D/P Flint's...everything. They had teams that seemed good and like ones that normal trainers in-universe would have. Outside of the Battle [whatever], no one cares about tiers or competitiveness in-universe. And I think that's fine. If the writers went solely by what was good in whatever tier, we'd be seeing the exact same Pokemon over and over and over again.

Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast