Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 1019

Thread: Gym Leaders & Elite Four Thread

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The House That Never Was
    Posts
    1,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Exp. Share.

    Turned On since the beginning.

    Most people surely did this.
    Thus explaining why my Aegislash was Level 83 by the Elite Four... Mwahahaha
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé


    Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon


        Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:


  2. #252
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    That, and the fact that X/Y's level curve is unusually high for a Pokemon game.
    It really ramps up between 1 and 2 as well as after Gym 4. If you haven't turned on the EXP share, the games get LOT harder. Seriously. You're expected to get 6 levels between Lumiose and Laverre, which is quite difficult since you only have 1 route between the two towns. Same with Laverre and Anistar, albeit the road between Laverre and Anistar is quite longer with Dendemille town in between the two. Also, 19 LEVELS between gyms 7 and 8 is asking a bit much, wouldn't you agree?

    Thank you based Turpoo

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 725roy View Post
    It really ramps up between 1 and 2 as well as after Gym 4. If you haven't turned on the EXP share, the games get LOT harder. Seriously. You're expected to get 6 levels between Lumiose and Laverre, which is quite difficult since you only have 1 route between the two towns. Same with Laverre and Anistar, albeit the road between Laverre and Anistar is quite longer with Dendemille town in between the two. Also, 19 LEVELS between gyms 7 and 8 is asking a bit much, wouldn't you agree?
    Not really considering they give enough exp to level up 20+ times.

  4. #254
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,645

    Default

    OMG Malva is now my favorite of the Elite Four after the Looker Sidequest! I mean seriously....who would've thought?

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Location: Location: Location:
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 725roy View Post
    It really ramps up between 1 and 2 as well as after Gym 4. If you haven't turned on the EXP share, the games get LOT harder. Seriously. You're expected to get 6 levels between Lumiose and Laverre, which is quite difficult since you only have 1 route between the two towns. Same with Laverre and Anistar, albeit the road between Laverre and Anistar is quite longer with Dendemille town in between the two. Also, 19 LEVELS between gyms 7 and 8 is asking a bit much, wouldn't you agree?
    I disagree, actually. I like the high levels, and I like the challenge. I played through mostly without the EXP share, and it was great.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    I disagree, actually. I like the high levels, and I like the challenge. I played through mostly without the EXP share, and it was great.
    Well, to me, it depends on how they handle the level gaps. If it's like the gap between Pryce to Clair, where there's nowhere near enough trainers to get you to that level, I don't like it (Johto's level curve annoyed me in general, though). If there's going to be huge gap, I want it to be the way it was done here, with plenty of opportunity to get you close to that point without needless grinding. Granted, I do prefer having a larger gap than a smaller gap between gyms.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia



  7. #257
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    OMG Malva is now my favorite of the Elite Four after the Looker Sidequest! I mean seriously....who would've thought?
    Why... what happened? It didn't really explain it in depth on the main site.

    My Pokémon Omega Ruby Team:

    [Raven] : [Neptune] : [Simba] : [Dubai] : [Zelda] : [Brutus]
    3DS Friend Code:
    2938-8044-3384

  8. #258
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Räven View Post
    Why... what happened? It didn't really explain it in depth on the main site.
    Well...a certain fiery Elite Four member may or may not have been part of a certain fiery evil team.

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stop stalking, Serebii.
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Challenged Valerie today. Wow, she looks terrifying. Somebody needs to give her an exorcism.

    Olympia's silhouette looks over the top and I can't wait to meet her.
    I'm known to have interesting hair, and Olympia's hair pisses me ofF SO DAMN MUCH WHAT THE HELL THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Well...a certain fiery Elite Four member may or may not have been part of a certain fiery evil team.
    Oh. Just looked her up on Bulbapedia. She's probably one of the most interesting characters in the entire franchise...

    My Pokémon Omega Ruby Team:

    [Raven] : [Neptune] : [Simba] : [Dubai] : [Zelda] : [Brutus]
    3DS Friend Code:
    2938-8044-3384

  11. #261
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Well...a certain fiery Elite Four member may or may not have been part of a certain fiery evil team.
    We've known that Malva is a former Team Flare member for over a week already. I didn't really find that interesting though, probably because I don't care for Malva herself. The Elite Four this time around just aren't interesting imo. I was less than impressed with the Champion too.

  12. #262
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    68

    Default

    gym leaders and elite four are a joke they were all weak i smash all of them with no difficulty. amd the champion is pathetic and weak she waas so easy to curn stomped in her hair makes her look like a boy definitely ugliest girl in the pokemon series, some one call miley cyrus her twin is the champ lol.

  13. #263
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    68

    Default

    oh malva is evil she even says i let you live what ? she was thinking about killing you it is always the fire trainers.

  14. #264
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stop stalking, Serebii.
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fairyofblood View Post
    gym leaders and elite four are a joke they were all weak i smash all of them with no difficulty. amd the champion is pathetic and weak she waas so easy to curn stomped in her hair makes her look like a boy definitely ugliest girl in the pokemon series, some one call miley cyrus her twin is the champ lol.
    This post gave me cancer, to be honest.
    But I agree, the game was a pushover for me. None of the Gym Leaders or Elite Four/Champion were difficult. My Florges solo'd Diantha alone with no items. At level 64.
    I think Clemont might've been difficult, though. He seemed to have some good Pokemon, but I was probably still overleveled from being way ahead of the game earlier, thanks to the new Exp Share. :\
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

  15. #265
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,665

    Default

    GF need to stop with the Ice Gyms that only use pure ice types mainly, both Brycen and Wulfric were jokes. Candice could be tough in DP with the lack of Fire types(if you didn't start with Chimchar or use Rapidash).

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  16. #266
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    'Straya mate!
    Posts
    365

    Default

    People keep complaining about the lack of so-called character development. Okay the Gym Leaders I can understand (although imo they were equal to Johto and Hoenn), but the Elite Four have never really had character development. Small side-quest for Lorelei aside, Kanto's were virtually unknown. Johto's was okay (but Bruno appeared in two Elite Fours by that point and was still bland). Hoenn's was easily the worst backstory-wise (and I say this as a gen 3 nut) with absolutely nothing. Flint was kind of associated with Volkner but nothing other than that. Unova was also pretty bad even with a former Frontier Brain. Kalos had a very fleshed-out former member of the evil team, be thankful for that. And Diantha I personally feel is no less developed than Iris or Wallace who (if you don't count their previous games - which I don't because Diantha hasn't had a chance to appear in a previous game yet) appeared once or twice before you saw them as Champion, and only briefly.


    All credit to SM of Daedric Design for this awesome banner!

    Y Team: Talonflame, Roserade, Aegislash, Goodra, Blaziken, Greninja
    3DS Friend Code: 1160 - 9940 - 3351
    Rock Type Friend Safari: Nosepass, Onix and Barbaracle.
    I has officially claimed

  17. #267
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GildedScizor View Post
    People keep complaining about the lack of so-called character development. Okay the Gym Leaders I can understand (although imo they were equal to Johto and Hoenn), but the Elite Four have never really had character development. Small side-quest for Lorelei aside, Kanto's were virtually unknown. Johto's was okay (but Bruno appeared in two Elite Fours by that point and was still bland). Hoenn's was easily the worst backstory-wise (and I say this as a gen 3 nut) with absolutely nothing. Flint was kind of associated with Volkner but nothing other than that. Unova was also pretty bad even with a former Frontier Brain. Kalos had a very fleshed-out former member of the evil team, be thankful for that. And Diantha I personally feel is no less developed than Iris or Wallace who (if you don't count their previous games - which I don't because Diantha hasn't had a chance to appear in a previous game yet) appeared once or twice before you saw them as Champion, and only briefly.
    I disagree on Unova, Marshal had his backstory with Alder and also serving as a contrast with Cheren, Caitlin had her backstory about learning how to control herself, Grimsley had his backstory about being a fallen heir, even Shauntal had her hobby of being a writer. That's far better then any other Elite Four and only Malva really compares to any of them. Also, to give credit to both Sinnoh's and Unova's Elite Four, they shown up outside of the league and we were allowed to get more on them.

    Also, I completely disagree on Iris and Wallace. The former had a backstory and was shown development from BW to B2W2, even ignoring BW that was shown via flashbacks so we directly saw her grow up. Wallace was involved in the legendary Pokemon events and rose out of his Gym Leader status as well. Dianthia has nothing compared to them, plus even with the excuse of "she didn't appear in more then one game" every champion did more in one game then she did. Blue was your rival, Lance helped in the Team Rocket incident, Steven helped out in the Aqua/Magma incident, Cynthia was heavily involved in the plot as was Alder, and I already covered the other two. Dianthia really needed to show up more often and the game never allowed her to, so she is the least developed of the champions.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 21st October 2013 at 9:09 AM.


    It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

  18. #268
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    27

    Default

    I found the Elite 4 to be an awesome experience and the Diantha theme is just plain epic.

    For all of those who find it to be too easy: agreed, if you play the game with easy settings it's going to be easy. With easy mode I'm of course referring to the exp share, but also the setting where you are given the option to switch your pokemon when the opponent's is knocked out. If you want a challenge playing on set is a must as it means you won't always have an advantage - it's more fun in my opinion.

    One thing I find to be very disappointing is the lack of items found on the opponent teams. Gardevoir can mega evolve and that's it. This hame could have used a challenge mode like black 2 / white 2. Very awesome game, but I still wouldn't rate it higher than black 2 / white 2.

    Chandelure was the biggest challenge in my run along with a double dragon danced Gyarados. I used Chesnaught to take down Chandelure in the end, so you can see that I was pushed to thr limit in that fight. My levels were all around 66.

    The ice type gym was probably the most interesting simply because of Avalugg. Trying to fight that monster with Talonflame is tough when Flame Charge is the only fire type move you have and I think I ended up using Meowstic instead just to get some special attacks in instead. I think i want to use one myself in a future playthrough.

  19. #269
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    760

    Default

    I didn't find the Elite 4 difficult at all, and only the Fairy Gym and Sylveon gave me any troubles because of it's high SpD.

    I think on my X playthrough I'll play on Set and avoid getting any XP boosts on my team from trading, Amie, Exp. Share or otherwise to make it a bit more challenging.
    Living Pokedex Completion: 718/718 species in box.
    Completed February 5th, 2014.
    Previously known as Mime Senior.
    Currently looking for a legit event
    3DS (XL Yveltal) Friend Code: 0490-5755-7024

  20. #270
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Final Destination
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    Anybody else realise that Drasna of the Elite 4 (The Dragon Woman) is actually from Celestic Town in Sinnoh?

    She said she was brought up in a town in a different region, and learnt about dragons and myths about space and time (Palkia and Dialga)!

    Anyone else notice this?

    (I discovered this on my Second Runthrough of the Elite 4)
    Too much water guys!

  21. #271
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    592

    Default

    really didn't have a tough time with the elite 4 or the gyms, I kept switching my teams up to make sure they weren't to overleveled but my main group was around 62/63 taking on the elite 4 and I didn't have a problem expect maybe some type coverage, but my Garchomp, Lucario, and krookodile owned everybody so it wasn't much of a challenge
    I wish they had a challenge mode or something like that from the beginning of the game for experienced people who want a challenge (yes I had experience share on but I kept rotating my pokemon to make sure they wouldn't get overleveled) but still...want more of a challenge

  22. #272
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    44

    Default

    The only gym I remember having serious trouble with was the first gym because of that water-sprout+Infestation combo.
    I'm upset they didn't do more with the gym leaders, but I'm more upset that you don't get to bike race Grant. That would've been a fun mini-game to have. XC


    The Elite Four looked great, and that's pretty much it. I'm glad most of them acknowledge you saved the region and all, but besides that they're pretty meh.

  23. #273
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dragon Roost Island
    Posts
    5,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    GF need to stop with the Ice Gyms that only use pure ice types mainly, both Brycen and Wulfric were jokes. Candice could be tough in DP with the lack of Fire types(if you didn't start with Chimchar or use Rapidash).
    Yeah, I definitely agree. I was really hoping that Wulfric would use Mamoswine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ladlebug View Post
    The only gym I remember having serious trouble with was the first gym because of that water-sprout+Infestation combo.
    Korrina was the hardest for me. Mienfoo and Machoke were pretty easy to take down, but Hawlucha's speed and constant boosting with Power-Up Punch was annoying as hell. Grant was kind of frustrating too, because Stomp made my Pancham flinch like every time.

  24. #274
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Yeah, I definitely agree. I was really hoping that Wulfric would use Mamoswine.


    Korrina was the hardest for me. Mienfoo and Machoke were pretty easy to take down, but Hawlucha's speed and constant boosting with Power-Up Punch was annoying as hell. Grant was kind of frustrating too, because Stomp made my Pancham flinch like every time.
    Yeah that hawlucha was pretty difficult for me too :/ I had 2 pokemon with a type advantage and still struggled.


    Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

  25. #275
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Santalune Forest
    Posts
    37

    Default

    I'm worrying about the champion. What were her pokemon's levels? Also, Im pretty sure Mega gardevoir is weak to both steel and ghost types, right?

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •