Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Gym Leaders & Elite Four Thread

what i like about x and y is the diversity of pokemon on offer to capture and battle e.g. enter zubat cave and you can find an axew, yet zubat isnt TOO common, however this generation only bought in 69 new pokemon (excluding mega evolutions), another example in battle being that early on in the gyms when you're battling against - for example - a trainer with a lunatone and solrock in just the 2nd gym, i like that, however one could appropriately argue that the gym leaders are not that big a step up from the characters battled before them (i'm lookin' at you Meowstic).

I don't see why more Pokémon on a gym leader matter, would another one really make it any harder. Look at Juan, he uses five Pokémon but one of them, Luvdisc, is just set-up fodder. Whiscash kinda falls in the same boat since his stats are a bit meh. I'd imagine Wulfric having a Beartic and I would still have the same experience with him only using three Pokémon.

As for "only having one Kalos Pokémon" it wasn't as if like five out of the eight gym leaders had much of a choice considering there is only 66 non legendary Pokémon to work with.

@Charmed: I'd be careful with Heliolisk, it's faster and more powerful then the flying squirrel.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    I don't see why more Pokémon on a gym leader matter, would another one really make it any harder. Look at Juan, he uses five Pokémon but one of them, Luvdisc, is just set-up fodder. Whiscash kinda falls in the same boat since his stats are a bit meh. I'd imagine Wulfric having a Beartic and I would still have the same experience with him only using three Pokémon.

As for "only having one Kalos Pokémon" it wasn't as if like five out of the eight gym leaders had much of a choice considering there is only 66 non legendary Pokémon to work with.

@Charmed: I'd be careful with Heliolisk, it's faster and more powerful then the flying squirrel.
    You're taking an old gen example compared to a new gen one. Because there was a LOT more Pokémon diversity this gen, there was more room to have more Pokémon mixed up.

Instead, they all keep three Pokémon each (except Viola and Grant) and then they all get downgraded to having just two in Battle Chateau rematches.

I literally did not take the Elite 4 seriously the first time I went through. I didn't buy any Potions or Revives. The first guy I went to, the Steel guy, knocked out my four of my Pokemon. By the time I got to the last E4 member, which was the Dragon one for me, I had Dragalge and Sylveon left. Dragalge ended up fainting at her last mon, to which Sylveon knocked out easily.
    Finally I got to the Champion but I didn't expect to win it. I did though. With just Sylveon.

It was an incredibly boring experience.
    Current In-game Y Team

Quote Originally Posted by Kokoromori View Post
    I literally did not take the Elite 4 seriously the first time I went through. I didn't buy any Potions or Revives. The first guy I went to, the Steel guy, knocked out my four of my Pokemon. By the time I got to the last E4 member, which was the Dragon one for me, I had Dragalge and Sylveon left. Dragalge ended up fainting at her last mon, to which Sylveon knocked out easily.
    Finally I got to the Champion but I didn't expect to win it. I did though. With just Sylveon.

It was an incredibly boring experience.
    They really could have done a better job. The areas were really awe inspiring, but the battles were lackluster. Siebold really gave the impression of being a total bigshot but he was really easy to beat. What's more none of them change during rebattle. Still thanks to Mock Battles I'm going to remake my version of their teams and battle those AIs instead.

I can deal with the E4 being easy the first time (they almost always are), but not changing it and upping the difficulty for rematches is unforgivable. I really can't believe GF didn't do this. It's the most glaring omission in X/Y imo.
    Name - AJ
    3DS FC: 1633-4190-9621
    Y Friend Safari: Wartortle, Bibaral, Poliwhirl
    Black 2 FC: 0004-1279-8556
    Black FC: 545787679565

Offering
    :
        Spoiler:- :

Wanted
    :

Spoiler:- :

Quote Originally Posted by PokeAJ View Post
    I can deal with the E4 being easy the first time (they almost always are), but not changing it and upping the difficulty for rematches is unforgivable. I really can't believe GF didn't do this. It's the most glaring omission in X/Y imo.
    Yeah this is true. If not for increased difficulty, they could've upped their levels and/or Pokemon count to give us an easier way to grind levels post-game. I seriously hate having to fight level 15-35 Pokemon at the Battle Chateau everyday.

It seems like such a huge stepdown after introducing the Pokemon World Tournament, which despite didn't give exp., was absolutely amazing.
    3DS Friend Code: 2680-8942-2756

Yes, but I'm sure that they omitted all those features in order to tempt people into buying the third version or sequels. Whichever they decide to do.

I wish the post game had more to do. And I do wish that the gym leaders and the elite four provided more of a challenge, but regardless, the game is amazing. 10/10 from me.
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

Quote Originally Posted by ECM View Post
    I wish the post game had more to do. And I do wish that the gym leaders and the elite four provided more of a challenge, but regardless, the game is amazing. 10/10 from me.
    I agree for the Leaders/E4. They were too easy, using my Aegislash to blast through the E4 and using Greninja for the Gym leaders. Wish that the rematching system were different, as I don't really enjoy the Battle Chateau :/
    5327 1078 9791 PM me if you add me :3 I have a Ground type Safari with Marowak, Trapinch and Palpitoad Currently looking for a Forretress. Add me if you have your run of the mill Sturdy Forretress

I'm also thepinguins{Death By Chocolate} on steam so add me if you want

At first I thought that the gym leaders and E4 would have been difficult to face, but excluding some battles, the other ones have been....too easy.
    In any case I'm satisfied with the appearance and character of all of them.
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 19/3/2014

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but I just rematched the Elite Four and I was underwhelmed by their levels, but that's not the point - It was more of the dialogue that interested me.
    See, Drasna mentions how she was brought up to think about 'time and space' in some town. Is this Celestic town? and is she related to Cynthia?
    Either that or Marriland's theory of 'pokemon z' taking place in another region is further backed up by it, will dialga and palkia make an appearance?
    Pokémon X Team:
    (3rd Playthrough)
    2492 - 4366 - 5834
    3DS Friend Code
    Playing Pokémon X, pm me if you add me!
    Have Woobat and Pidgey in friend safari!
    Gale Wing Fletchinders too!
    Looking for fairy safaris with the togepi line.

I just lol'd through the grass gym with an underleveled Swellow. It gained about 4 levels in that gym. Entered level 29 and came out at 32 but almost 33.

Maybe when I'm 65 years old and Gen 28 is out, they'll finally add difficulty settings that anyone can use at any time.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 25th October 2013 at 10:16 PM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

like i said before the gyms elite and champion are weak did not break a sweat i curbstomp all of them.

Even with underleveled teams they are easy. The AI is so stupid in this game. They use Mirror Coat when I was using a Pokemon that only knows physical moves. They use Rest when they're already at full health. They don't use super effective moves when they should.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Even with underleveled teams they are easy. The AI is so stupid in this game. They use Mirror Coat when I was using a Pokemon that only knows physical moves. They use Rest when they're already at full health. They don't use super effective moves when they should.
    To be fair, that's basically every Pokemon game besides B2/W2 Challenge mode. And Battle Frontier-like facilities, of course.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I liked the Elite Four, but hated the Champion. I mean, sorry, the strongest pokemon trainer in the Kalos region is a freaking beauty-queen-fairy-princess? Pathetic, especially compared to the Champions of the other regions. What's next, a pony champion?

In case someone here haven't noticed. The official artwork of Ramos and Valerie are up on Bulbapedia and the Pokemon wikia page. They look great. Valerie is beautiful~

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Valerie
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

Challenged Olympia last night and got owned. Her Meowstic managed to take out most of my team (though two fainted fighting gym trainers.) So I went to Mamoswine Path and grinded a level or so and went back. Swept her with my Gourgeist. lol.

I give her respect though, for having an awesome team and for having hands down the best gym puzzle ever.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Challenged Olympia last night and got owned. Her Meowstic managed to take out most of my team (though two fainted fighting gym trainers.) So I went to Mamoswine Path and grinded a level or so and went back. Swept her with my Gourgeist. lol.

I give her respect though, for having an awesome team and for having hands down the best gym puzzle ever.
    i never had to grind level i always had expierence share on my blaziken stomped her.

The gym leaders are awesome

I agree there sweet!

I missed that they didn't have the Gym Leaders saying things mid battle. I hope they do it again for Z/X2/Y2/XX/XY/ABC/123.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

I love the gym leaders and elite 4 members as characters, especially Malva. She is probably one of the top 5 Bosses in Pokémon history. She's so complex and villainous, yet she has a strong sense of honour, her casual way of telling you she wants to burn your character alive is hilariously creepy, and her retro look is amazing.

Drasna and Siebold are also really endearing.
    The fact that Drasna most likely comes from Sinnoh is cute, her warm personality is adorable. I love how she greets you when you leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoroark312 View Post
    I liked the Elite Four, but hated the Champion. I mean, sorry, the strongest pokemon trainer in the Kalos region is a freaking beauty-queen-fairy-princess? Pathetic, especially compared to the Champions of the other regions. What's next, a pony champion?
    I like the change, so I enjoyed it. I never got people's adversary to things like this personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoroark312 View Post
    No, Diantha isn't a freaking Beauty queen fairy princess. She is a famous Actress and strong trainer which was said in game. Yes most people are still butt-hurt about Diantha being the Champion and all, but at least she isn't Iris. That was a big mistake, they should have left the Champion as Alder in BW2. I am actually warming up to Diantha her Battle theme is amazing and well done And her team is pretty great (Except for Hawlucha and Gourgeist...) But her only flaw is this- Steel weakness. Aurorus is 4x weak to Steel, Tyrantrum and Gardevoir are weak to steel. And then you just need a Fairy type and Fire type to destroy Hawlucha, Goodra, and Gourgeist. So Diantha's only flaw as Champion is really her lack of Diverse Pokemon types.
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast