Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Gym Leaders & Elite Four Thread

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    i like all the e4's designs and personalities. espcially malva, idk why her *****y attitude is cool in my eyes. but anyway, cynthia > diantha any day. diantha is cool but she doesn't fit the champion mold that cynthia left behind and i'm not sure anybody can at this point. alder was a joke, iris was so out of left field that i didn't even bother comparing her to cynthia. but ya, diantha is still cool.
    Honestly Cynthia can only be compare to Red.
    3ds friend code: 0989 - 1816 - 0688

Read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintrial View Post
    Honestly Cynthia can only be compare to Red.
    I personally think red is overrated. He's cool, but I still think cynthia is cooler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

One thing to point out is the AI.
    Cynthia would activly switch pokemon mid battle to gain a type advantage.
    So would the other E4 members.

This gen diantha doesn't switch in and out for advantage, nor do her E4.....
    Its like a damn slugfest except im 1hko the teams as they pop out

You would think that if diantha is pressured, then mega Evo would come out earlier.....

Also is it just me or does it seem like the E4 have mega capable pokes......
    Friend code for pokemon X version-2062-9195-3159
    Safari Type: Ghost.......... ( apparently )
    Found in said safari: shuppet, phantump and driftblim...... ( wonder if anyone got something different )
    Please add me, and send me your friend code via message and i shall add you
    VS recording: single battle, oops i only took 3 pokemon!!!! Code:s8wg-wwww-wwwx-mtbh (all caps lock apparently)
    Please watch and have a laugh at my very silly mistake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazmiter View Post
    One thing to point out is the AI.
    Cynthia would activly switch pokemon mid battle to gain a type advantage.
    So would the other E4 members.

This gen diantha doesn't switch in and out for advantage, nor do her E4.....
    Its like a damn slugfest except im 1hko the teams as they pop out

You would think that if diantha is pressured, then mega Evo would come out earlier.....

Also is it just me or does it seem like the E4 have mega capable pokes......
    I know they aren't really a challenge I can go through them with out a Pokémon Fainting or even needing to use a HP restoring Item. And yeah, Wikstrom with Scizor and Siebold with Gyarados. I wish Torkoal and Druddigon had one then they all could have Mega Pokémon.
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

Wish Diantha had a bigger role in the story. Or the gym leaders for that matter. Most of them had some really cool desgins and quirks. I think Diantha falls a little short precisely because of her limited appearances.

Doesn't help this generation the Elite Four was pretty easy, even without EXP Share. Why did they have one less pokemon than usual, anyways?

Hells, why dont they level up and get to lv70 or 80 lol, then id have a reason to go all out... ( its sad when lucario can pretty much take on and kill them all)
    Found in said safari: shuppet, phantump and driftblim...... ( wonder if anyone got something different )
    VS recording: single battle, oops i only took 3 pokemon!!!! Code:s8wg-wwww-wwwx-mtbh (all caps lock apparently)

I'll give Diantha one thing. I did not expect her to be the champion, probably because I totally forgot she existed. I couldn't even recognize her for a few seconds, I actually thought it was Cynthia with a different hairdo.

Probably the one thing I disliked most about the Elite Four was that it was way too easy. All my pokemon were at least level 70, two levels higher than Diantha's strongest pokemon, at the start of the Elite Four. And the funny thing is, I didn't grind once in the game. I at most used two pokemon for each member, and even then it probably wasn't necessary.

One day, I want a pokemon game where the Elite Four has a good team, with pokemon other than one type... Oh, silly me, with my delusional dreams

Is GRANT (rock type gym) a girl or a boy? O.O

__________________________________________________ _
    Pokemon X Version Friend Code: 5043 3821 1755

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Shard View Post
    Grant is a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Grant's an alien. Just look at its hair.
    And this too.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 5th November 2013 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Shard View Post
    Grant's an alien. Just look at its hair.

The best thing about the champions from previous generations is that they were much more involved during the story, especially Green, and weren't characters that showed up once and then randomly as the champion
    3DS FC: 1719-4338-7555
    Pokemon X Friend Safari: Fighting Type - Pancham, Mankey, Tyrogue

I really am disappointed about the levels of the E4 and the Champion and how Boring and easy they are. I really only like Wikstrom and Malva's designs. Their teams seem poorly put together. And they don't switch our for an Advantage :/ I actually had more trouble with Black and White's E4... The only REALLY good E4 would be Diamond and Pearls. They switched for advantage, they had Type varieties, and they were just smart AIs really.
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

I just battled Clemont and as predicted, his Emolga annoyed the heck out of me. Luckily he only had one so it wasn't as bad as when I battled Elesa in Black/White. Overall the battle wasn't that bad though, and I understand what some people were saying before about the Gym Leaders being a bit too easy; Korrina and Ramos were almost as weak as regular trainers imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackwingMarauder View Post
    I really am disappointed about the levels of the E4 and the Champion and how Boring and easy they are. I really only like Wikstrom and Malva's designs. Their teams seem poorly put together. And they don't switch our for an Advantage :/ I actually had more trouble with Black and White's E4... The only REALLY good E4 would be Diamond and Pearls. They switched for advantage, they had Type varieties, and they were just smart AIs really.
    Diamond/Pearl? Do you mean Platinum? Because I personally thought DP had a terrible Elite 4 due to the limitations of the dex, and their teams were quite awful, especially Aaron's use of the Wurmple family and Flint's inability to have a full Fire type team. Though really, the AI has never been too impressive in the games outside of B2/W2 Challenge Mode (Choice Scarf Chandelure is really nasty). At least these guys used some strong Pokemon for their types, even if they didn't get a rematch team (which is as annoying as it was in Gen 1-3).
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

It bugs me so much that they only had 4 Pokemon each. It bugs me almost as much they were of basic typing more or less. Levels were fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    It bugs me so much that they only had 4 Pokemon each. It bugs me almost as much they were of basic typing more or less. Levels were fine for me.
    Yeah, it's been a problem with the previous generation, too. Game Freak wants to make the games more accessible for the younger audience, which I understand, and that's why they introduced that new Exp Share concept.

With it you can basically decide your own difficulty level by either using it all the time and end up overleveled, not use it (or very rarely) and end up underleveled, or even enable and disable it periodically to stay in par with the trainers' levels, which is really nice to be honest. It makes you avoid grinding, which is a waste of time.
    No matter what people will say, no, grinding isn't fun and not everyone has the time to beat up wild Pokémon for 2 hours just to have a chance to beat the next gym leader (Lenora, looking at you, your Watchog was way too overpowered).

Or heck, you could just use the example of HG/SS and the terrible level scaling which required you to either come to a halt when it comes to training so the NPCs had somewhat of a fair chance, or train for hours just because Pidgey and Rattata everywhere don't give nearly enough experience. I went into a random rant but I think it was needed to understand why they only gave the gym leaders / elite 4 members 3 to 4 Pokémon.

I think they could have at least given us rematch team gyms and elite four
    Even for the newer audience the rematches would have helped make them better.....
    (Note not one loss in game to any trainer, leader, e4 member or champion, no reset saves either)
    This is why it needs to be harder of sorts, even platinum was harder

I like the personalities of the Gym Leaders and Elite Four, but most of them don't have the pokemons to back up their titles.

I look at it this way...

Viola: quite the pushover, regardless of your starter. Chespin learns rollout quickly and makes up for his weaknest against bugs. Fennekin and Froaky have nothing to worry to be honnest.
    Grant: Can be a little pain if you chose Fennekin, but Squirtle or Honedge (available on route 6) can and will make short work of him.
    Korrina: At this point Honedge/Doublade makes it almost too easy.

Afterward, if you battled all or most trainners on your way, you're mostly overleveled for the gym leaders. My biggest let down is toward the Elite Four, yes they're cool... but post-game are pushovers since they don't get full parties and no level boost, unlike Gen 5. I like the game, but I expected a bigger challenge overall. But I will admit that Malva is my favorite in this generation, such the feiry one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazmiter View Post
    I think they could have at least given us rematch team gyms and elite four
    Even for the newer audience the rematches would have helped make them better.....
    (Note not one loss in game to any trainer, leader, e4 member or champion, no reset saves either)
    This is why it needs to be harder of sorts, even platinum was harder
    But X/Y does have rematches. Once you hit the rank of Marquis in the Battle Chateau, gym leaders start going there. Sure, they have only two Pokémon, but if you keep ranking up, you unlock more writs which allow you to boost the levels of their Pokémon, up to 20 levels compared to their normal levels (so 70 for gym leaders, 75 for Elite 4 members and 80 for Diantha).

If you are talking about rematching with Gym Leaders, HG/SS is the best imo, I even tried to gathered all 16 gym leader and battle them starting from falkner till blue lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wosha View Post
    But X/Y does have rematches. Once you hit the rank of Marquis in the Battle Chateau, gym leaders start going there. Sure, they have only two Pokémon, but if you keep ranking up, you unlock more writs which allow you to boost the levels of their Pokémon, up to 20 levels compared to their normal levels (so 70 for gym leaders, 75 for Elite 4 members and 80 for Diantha).
    At highest you get them very frequently. During my level grind as Grand Duke I can't go around the house with at least one of them appearing. I estimate an average of one Gym Leader or Elite 4 every 5 minutes.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

My favorite Gym Leader was Korrina especially during the time when you meet and battle on the Tower of Mastery. She gave me this warm and fuzzy feeling in my chest during the battle. I kind of admired her. Shame since I never used the Lucario she gave me since I had a full team.
    My X team.
    Greninja, Venasaur, Raichu, Pidgeot, Simisear, Gallade.

I think liking Korrina just because she has plot significance over, you know, THE REST OF THE PLOT-LESS GYM LEADERS is a little bit too biased and unfair.

It's not fair for poor Ramos...or was it Branchos? I don't know.

Well, to compensate for the "easy" Gym leaders and E4, I've decided to rerun my X with the Exp Share off, no Amie or ST, and most importantly, boxing my starter, the Kanto starter, and the Torchic. I'm planning to got through the game using only Pokemon like Minun, Plusle, Dedenne, Volbeat, Illumise, etc, you know, Pokemon that have underwhelming stats and pretty bad movepool. Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Au Au View Post
    Well, to compensate for the "easy" Gym leaders and E4, I've decided to rerun my X with the Exp Share off, no Amie or ST, and most importantly, boxing my starter, the Kanto starter, and the Torchic. I'm planning to got through the game using only Pokemon like Minun, Plusle, Dedenne, Volbeat, Illumise, etc, you know, Pokemon that have underwhelming stats and pretty bad movepool. Should be fun.
    that's a little extreme just to make the game more challenging IMO. of course everybody plays however they want to play but i would personally just not use any megas and leave exp share off. that would make it challenging enough imo because despite the massive lack of high AI, the levels can be pretty overwhelming at times even switching the exp share on and off here and there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast