Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 575 of 1019

Thread: Gym Leaders & Elite Four Thread

  1. #551
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Leigh
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    I think, like a few have been saying, it was all too easy. From starting the game to becoming champion I never had more than 2 pokemon faint at the same time. Blaziken was stupidly over powered. On 3 occasions he outgrew my control due to lack of badges, and was in the mid 80's by the time I'd beat the E4.

    I also wish there was an upgraded E4 post game, just for making training easier more than anything. But I also find it strange that they only have 4 pokemon each, it'd be good if they could have a full squad of 6, and level boost of about 20. That said...I found the game to be a little lacking in new trainers once you've completed. DPP got the balance spot on, as did B/W2 to a lesser extent, but with this there's no new areas to really explore, and Looker Missions aside no new trainers. I'm kind of hoping for an additional region to be released as DLC, that will hopefully be an all round stronger region for people who have completed the game. Though I'm not getting my hopes up...

  2. #552
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    I think, like a few have been saying, it was all too easy. From starting the game to becoming champion I never had more than 2 pokemon faint at the same time. Blaziken was stupidly over powered. On 3 occasions he outgrew my control due to lack of badges, and was in the mid 80's by the time I'd beat the E4.

    I also wish there was an upgraded E4 post game, just for making training easier more than anything. But I also find it strange that they only have 4 pokemon each, it'd be good if they could have a full squad of 6, and level boost of about 20. That said...I found the game to be a little lacking in new trainers once you've completed. DPP got the balance spot on, as did B/W2 to a lesser extent, but with this there's no new areas to really explore, and Looker Missions aside no new trainers. I'm kind of hoping for an additional region to be released as DLC, that will hopefully be an all round stronger region for people who have completed the game. Though I'm not getting my hopes up...
    A DLC region would be good, especially since the data for that would be quite easily held within the memory card.
    Tbh i wouldn't mind being able to revisit hoen and sinnoh for an expansion, even perhaps the orange islands??
    Except with badges in expansions, they should have a useful in game effect, ie boost stats passivly.

    Even go so far as to allow you to challenge the respective elite four members of those expanded regions as well.

    On topic though, dianthas team lacked the grace and poise that her character implied.... Gardevoir was a good match up to her style/ look, she should have had a charizard in there as her flying type though, as it can be quite agile.
    Friend code for pokemon X version-2062-9195-3159
    Safari Type: Ghost.......... ( apparently )
    Found in said safari: shuppet, phantump and driftblim...... ( wonder if anyone got something different )
    Please add me, and send me your friend code via message and i shall add you
    VS recording: single battle, oops i only took 3 pokemon!!!! Code:s8wg-wwww-wwwx-mtbh (all caps lock apparently)
    Please watch and have a laugh at my very silly mistake!!!

  3. #553

    Default

    Out of the Gym leaders, I find it interesting how both Valerie and Olympia remind me of Sabrina. Valerie looks like post HGSS Sabrina with a different set of eyes and the longer haircut, while Olympia looks like an older relative of Sabrina . Both also have a similar process of getting to the gym leader via warping tiles. Maybe it's just me, but it feels like Sabrina is the favorite of the Gamefreak Staff (well her and Brock). Not that I'm complaining because Sabrina has always been my favorite, just an interesting observation.

    For the Elite 4, my favorites are Malva and Wikstrom. Malva because she just has that trendy hip look. Malva is the type of person you might find in a nightclub drinking a glass of beer and listening to some trendy music. Wikstrom is just hilarious in his line delivery. Someone needs to give him some cheese to go with his ham cause he is over the type every time.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2665 7832 1693

  4. #554
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Leigh
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazmiter View Post
    A DLC region would be good, especially since the data for that would be quite easily held within the memory card.
    Tbh i wouldn't mind being able to revisit hoen and sinnoh for an expansion, even perhaps the orange islands??
    Except with badges in expansions, they should have a useful in game effect, ie boost stats passivly.

    Even go so far as to allow you to challenge the respective elite four members of those expanded regions as well.
    I think when you consider there's a second Train Line, and a character in a hotel that begins to tell you about his region, but stops and says I'll see it soon enough, it might not actually be to unrealistic a suggestion now I think more about it.

  5. #555
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    I don't remember...
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mapachatumbili View Post
    Out of the Gym leaders, I find it interesting how both Valerie and Olympia remind me of Sabrina. Valerie looks like post HGSS Sabrina with a different set of eyes and the longer haircut, while Olympia looks like an older relative of Sabrina . Both also have a similar process of getting to the gym leader via warping tiles. Maybe it's just me, but it feels like Sabrina is the favorite of the Gamefreak Staff (well her and Brock). Not that I'm complaining because Sabrina has always been my favorite, just an interesting observation.

    For the Elite 4, my favorites are Malva and Wikstrom. Malva because she just has that trendy hip look. Malva is the type of person you might find in a nightclub drinking a glass of beer and listening to some trendy music. Wikstrom is just hilarious in his line delivery. Someone needs to give him some cheese to go with his ham cause he is over the type every time.
    interesting observation. ghese two gym leaders were quite boring however. they were very 2 dimensional and they had no really story to them. id have prefered it if they actually had a small bit of story to them just a little.

    Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.



  6. #556
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Where I Am Now
    Posts
    72

    Default

    They should have added more to the story. Seriously? Power outage n Clemont just sits around in his tower. N then a bunch of bad guys around their city n they don't do anything?
    GAME OVER
    please try again next time

    3DS FC: 0387-9333-2196

    I haves claimed PorygonZ! (Not a typo)

    http://dragcave.net/view/NjBIS
    http://dragcave.net/view/flTM8]
    http://dragcave.net/view/HXFjx]

  7. #557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mapachatumbili View Post
    Out of the Gym leaders, I find it interesting how both Valerie and Olympia remind me of Sabrina. Valerie looks like post HGSS Sabrina with a different set of eyes and the longer haircut, while Olympia looks like an older relative of Sabrina . Both also have a similar process of getting to the gym leader via warping tiles. Maybe it's just me, but it feels like Sabrina is the favorite of the Gamefreak Staff (well her and Brock). Not that I'm complaining because Sabrina has always been my favorite, just an interesting observation.

    For the Elite 4, my favorites are Malva and Wikstrom. Malva because she just has that trendy hip look. Malva is the type of person you might find in a nightclub drinking a glass of beer and listening to some trendy music. Wikstrom is just hilarious in his line delivery. Someone needs to give him some cheese to go with his ham cause he is over the type every time.
    And for some reason, I always think GameFreak really pays attention on 6th GYM leaders. Like: Sabrina, Jasmine, Winona, Skyla, Valerie.

    POKÉMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE | IGN: VITTORIA | 3DS FC: 2165 - 6014 - 0811

  8. #558
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    976

    Default

    I agree that the Gym leaders and the E4 were a bit disappointing.....battle-wise.
    However I think that this is due to the fact that these were the first games on the 3DS and they wanted to test some things....
    But obviously I'm justifing them....just wanted to share my opinion with you all.
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

    Last update: 19/3/2014


    3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

  9. #559
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gizmonic Institute
    Posts
    87

    Default

    I had a pretty ridiculous fight with Diantha, switching all over the place especially since my levels were dead even against hers. Not to mention the Elite Four, actually had quite a lot of fun against them. The Dragon member was the simplest for me though. XD Also helped that I didn't abuse the EXP share for the entire game. >.> Only time I did made Ramos to, say, Valerie really easy since I out leveled them...

    Though I do love the sheer variety of the Pokemon you fought with barely any repeats (not counting those in the same family) in the gyms. Only one I could recall was fighting Dedenne in the 5th and 6th gym. :/ No Flabebe family in the Fairy gym? Seriously? That said, it bummed me out how they were nowhere near as involved in the plot/events, though. But I will say Olympia's gym threw me for a loop over how awesome it was aesthetically and thematically.

  10. #560
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow...
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Wikstrom's definitely my favorite of the E4, with all his talk of shaking spears (Shakespeare?) It's also just nice to see a steel type trainer that's not so focused on defense for once.

  11. #561
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Santalune Forest
    Posts
    37

    Default

    In my opinion, Korrina was the most developed gym leader. You even battle her before you get to her gym! I mean, aside from Clemont and Wulfric, the only interaction with the gym leaders was the gym battle (sadly).
    I will say that Olympia's gym design was my favorite, especially with the constellations of a pokeball and a Lunatone in the sky.
    But, I would have liked the gyms ALOT better if each gym was the type of an eeveelution.
    In my perspective, it would go (in order with the gym leader's pokemon):
    Fire- Litleo, Flareon
    Water- Marill, Gyarados, Vaporeon
    Grass- Ferroseed, Gloom, Leafeon
    Psychic- Kirlia, Meowstic, Espeon
    Electric- Stunfisk, Heliolisk, Jolteon
    Fairy- Floette, Carbink, Sylveon
    Ice- Mamoswine, Avalugg, Glaceon
    Dark- Krookodile, Malamar, Umbreon
    Last edited by pikachu54549; 17th November 2013 at 6:59 PM.
    FC is 2122-6736-0132
    Friend Safari type: Psychic
    Friend Safari Pokemon:

    Shinies:
    Platinum:
    Soulsilver:
    Black 2:
    White 2:

    Y team:
    Chesnaught, Yveltal, Blastoise, Zygarde, Lucario, Mewtwo

    X team:
    Greninja, Charizard, Xerneas, Doublade, Lucario, Raichu(due to change soon)

    Looking for(X and Y): All Vivillon patterns except Modern and Elegant,

  12. #562
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A Number from 0 to 100?
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pikachu54549 View Post
    In my opinion, Korrina was the most developed gym leader. You even battle her before you get to her gym! I mean, aside from Clemont and Wulfric, the only interaction with the gym leaders was the gym battle (sadly).
    I will say that Olympia's gym design was my favorite, especially with the constellations of a pokeball and a Lunatone in the sky.
    But, I would have liked the gyms ALOT better if each gym was the type of an eeveelution.
    In my perspective, it would go (in order with the gym leader's pokemon):
    Fire- Litleo, Flareon
    Water- Marill, Gyarados, Vaporeon
    Grass- Ferroseed, Gloom, Leafeon
    Psychic- Kirlia, Meowstic, Espeon
    Electric- Stunfisk, Heliolisk, Jolteon
    Fairy- Floette, Carbink, Sylveon
    Ice- Mamoswine, Avalugg, Glaceon
    Dark- Krookodile, Malamar, Umbreon
    That is a genius concept! All Eeveelutions! but then that'd kinda make Malva and Siebold redundant in the Elite 4. I personally want Olympia to retire as Gym Leader and Korrina to retire to be a more professional Mega Evolution hier. That'll give the opportunity to replace Korrina with a Normal type Gym Leader (preferably named Common) that would have Audino, Staravia and Diggersby and Olympias grandson to be the final dark gym leader (preferably named Damien) who has Umbreon/Skuntank/Zoroark/Malmar.

    Common would introduce the player to Hidden Abilities and to accomodate that, Diggersby has his respectable Hidden Ability when you battle him. And Damien is special because he would be just like Psychic Inver so his Gym Leader Battle would be a Inverse battle. That'll truly make the final Gym Leader a challenge. (Wishful thinking for Pokemon Z)
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

    I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

    I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

    I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

  13. #563
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sunnyshore city, Sinnoh
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Of all the leaders i liked wilkstrom the most because we intercted with him and korrina for me is meh. Olympia, viola and valerie were cool looking but with no developmente whatsoever, especially olympia, which bums me out a bit but i still like them. None made me change my favourite leaders of all regions.

    E4 were interesting. Wilkstrom is ridiculously funny, drasna was interesting, maybe she is related to iris somehow (from the same tribe?), malva is stylish and siebold is very cool. Diantha is not developed enough for me to care about her. So she is a super famous actress. what do i care?

    The gym designs are cool, really liked the psychic and ice gym's design.
    THE HYPE IS REAL! HOENN IN 3D! My favorite gen! <3 you GF

    <3 you: greninja, furfrou, meowtic m, barbaracle, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, avalugg, noivern, yveltal, megaY, mega megamegamegamega

    the very best:

  14. #564
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    12

    Default

    If I lived in the Kalos region, I want to be the elite four! Super derp rooms all to myself xDD
    My 3DS Code Is: 2621-3209-6186
    Pokemons: Ferroseed, Klang, Klefki

    Happy gaming!



    KLONOA FAN

  15. #565
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    606

    Default

    After getting used to the Gym Leaders (ie. seeing them at the Battle Chateau and battling them again), I'm liking Clemont and Valerie a lot more. :3 Malva and Siebold still top for my favorite Kalos Elite Four, but I'm also liking Wikstrom. lol


    Image by なべのふた
    This is all I need to feel safe and warm
    When we're together, that's all that matters


  16. #566
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Mother Earth
    Posts
    83

    Default

    I think so many people are saying it was easy cause they made it easy. If you didn't use three starters, a Kalos, Kanto, and Trochic, and you didn't use EXP share, than it was relatively hard. My team was Greninja, Hawlucha, Goodra, Lapras, Aegislah, and Aurorus and after becoming champ they were all 61 or 62. A decent challenge, though the champion was easier than ever. I swords danced my hawlucha and had his unburden ability kick in.... sweep you very much!
    Home is where the Hoenn is. 7.8/10 #TooMuchWater
    Current AS Team: Badges: 6



    <--- Just Some Favs (Besides Mudkipz)


    Pokémon X / Alpha Sapphire FC: 3497 - 0519 - 7105
    Electric Friend Safari:

    Native Vivillon: Modern

  17. #567
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olympia, Washington
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Recently, Gym Leaders and Gym battles haven't even been memorable. I have a hard time even remembering all the gyms from Gen 5. In the early games, gym leaders were difficult check points that you had to get through to progress through the game. Now they just seem like things you do along the way.
    I understand that they become a lot easier due to the new experience mechanics, but they just don't seem like that big of a deal even when going through the game with EXP share or grinding.
    Even now, replaying old games, I find myself having to prepare and train extra for the battle with Misty, or Giovanni, or Whitney, or Chuck, or Norman.
    In my last playthrough of X, I didn't use the Exp share or grind at all, and I didn't get set back once trying to defeat a gym leader.
    I just wish they would feel more like final bosses, as in the old games. Maybe X/Y are just too centered on the main Team Flare plot.
    Sprites by Arkeis, banner by Light Venusaur

    Friends stick together, no matter what.

  18. #568
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,096

    Default

    I finally battled Wulfric and I must admit that I'm pleased with how the battle went. It was actually challenging; his Avalugg put up a harder fight than I thought and I felt a real sense of accomplishment from beating Wulfric. I wish the other Gym Leaders had been more powerful, but at least the final one didn't disappoint. Now I'm wondering how strong the Elite Four will be.

  19. #569
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Unending Darkness
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerheart View Post
    I think, like a few have been saying, it was all too easy. From starting the game to becoming champion I never had more than 2 pokemon faint at the same time. Blaziken was stupidly over powered. On 3 occasions he outgrew my control due to lack of badges, and was in the mid 80's by the time I'd beat the E4.

    I also wish there was an upgraded E4 post game, just for making training easier more than anything. But I also find it strange that they only have 4 pokemon each, it'd be good if they could have a full squad of 6, and level boost of about 20. That said...I found the game to be a little lacking in new trainers once you've completed. DPP got the balance spot on, as did B/W2 to a lesser extent, but with this there's no new areas to really explore, and Looker Missions aside no new trainers. I'm kind of hoping for an additional region to be released as DLC, that will hopefully be an all round stronger region for people who have completed the game. Though I'm not getting my hopes up...
    It was really easy but longer than most Pokémon Games. I can beat Black/White in a day (Without Audino training) I never had a single one of my Pokémon faint in X. And you think that Blaziken was High leveled? My Cousin's Lucario (Traded him it when it was Riolu) was Level 100 before versing the Champ. He didn't even try training it. I think what made it easy was EXP Share. Training is hard Post-Game, I have to train using Daycare...That is sad. And I think they said they won't add DLC. Although I think they said they don't like the Idea of paying for DLC, so we may get free DLC. I hated how they didn't boost they E4 or Champion after you first beat them, they have a ton of potential such as Mega Pokémon (Scizor, and Gyarados, could have given Drasna and Malva both Charizard, one with X and one with Y.) And they didn't even have Gym re-battles. At least they did that with B2/W2. So really little Post-Game...
    Proud owner of the Master League~


    Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

  20. #570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burninator59 View Post
    Even now, replaying old games, I find myself having to prepare and train extra for the battle with Misty, or Giovanni, or Whitney, or Chuck, or Norman.
    I feel like there are just more powerful and useful Pokemon available early on, with more type diversity. It's also worth noting that the physical/special split probably helped all the Pokemon available at any given point take better advantage of their STAB, and hence made it easier to evolve weak Pokemon into their worthwhile second or third stages. I also think the level curve used to be harder, even before all-mon Exp share. But overall, I really don't know.

  21. #571
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    I don't remember...
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I finally battled Wulfric and I must admit that I'm pleased with how the battle went. It was actually challenging; his Avalugg put up a harder fight than I thought and I felt a real sense of accomplishment from beating Wulfric. I wish the other Gym Leaders had been more powerful, but at least the final one didn't disappoint. Now I'm wondering how strong the Elite Four will be.
    yeah. he is one of, if not, my favourite gym leaders in the game. the gym puzzle was probably the first and only one that actually made me think and the battle was challenging as well.

    Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.



  22. #572
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    29

    Default

    IMO the gym leaders in this game are really weak this time. Like more so than ever.

    Its like they make them weaker every game so that more children whom are even younger than the last generation can easily beat them.

    I want a pokemon game that actually FEELS like a challenge. Like pokemon designed to be built on a level scale. So that no matter what level your pokemon (unless max level) they are always like 5-10 levels higher than your highest level pokemon you carry with you. Plus all of them are a much well balanced team and stuff. Like Higher teir pokemon and either they need to have game modified boosted stats or be the highest evolution. Like their pokemon has double stats what is possible for a pokemon of that evolution to have to make up for the fact its not fully evolved and to make it special.
    MY Friend code. (if you add me pm me with yours)

    3668 8584 2784

    I have Wooper, Dugtrio and Palpitoad

  23. #573
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    I am everywhere.
    Posts
    313

    Default

    The whole "Fairy" thing is a bit annoying. Diantha may be a "User of Many Types", but her main Pokémon is a Mega Gardevoir, which is now Fairy/Psyc.! But then again, I am totally bias because I hate anything that goes against my Dark types. :P
    Dark Friend Safari with
    - -
    Friend Code: 0576 - 5970 - 2604

    PM before you add me!

  24. #574
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    I don't remember...
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lion Demon View Post
    That is a genius concept! All Eeveelutions! but then that'd kinda make Malva and Siebold redundant in the Elite 4. I personally want Olympia to retire as Gym Leader and Korrina to retire to be a more professional Mega Evolution hier. That'll give the opportunity to replace Korrina with a Normal type Gym Leader (preferably named Common) that would have Audino, Staravia and Diggersby and Olympias grandson to be the final dark gym leader (preferably named Damien) who has Umbreon/Skuntank/Zoroark/Malmar.

    Common would introduce the player to Hidden Abilities and to accomodate that, Diggersby has his respectable Hidden Ability when you battle him. And Damien is special because he would be just like Psychic Inver so his Gym Leader Battle would be a Inverse battle. That'll truly make the final Gym Leader a challenge. (Wishful thinking for Pokemon Z)
    i agree that korrina should possibly retire to refine her skill with mega evolutions. I also hope that someof these gym leaders will get more development. Olympia,viola,valerie and Ramos need a significant amount of development. They all need to appear more outside of their gyms, maybe at their normal jobs or in some way so we could at least learn more about them. These gym leaders felt rather 2 dimensional.

    Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.



  25. #575
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    175

    Default

    yeah, I agree, Gym leaders and Elite 4 had pretty cool designs, but only Korrina gets to be more than a boss battle (and even her falls short, given Megaevolution is dropped as a plot point as soon as you get one). You can say Gym leaders are a step back from BW in terms of development given they were pretty active back then, but my biggest surprise was that the Champion herself was just a boss battle when since RBY the champion has always been involved actively with at least part of the main story; Blue was your rival throught the story, Lance, Cynthia and Steven gave you a hand several times on the story, Alder gave guidance and contributed to the development of your friends. Here you just meet her to know she exists and then to have the final battle.

    I guess XY2 or Z, the next version, will perhaps correct that a bit, especially if it's a sequel like BW2. I hope so, I really would like to see more of the likes of Wulfric, Olympia and Viola.
    Last edited by YonaNoveau; 27th November 2013 at 9:14 PM.

Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •