Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 625 of 1019

Thread: Gym Leaders & Elite Four Thread

  1. #601
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    I don't remember...
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I'm assuming that Game Freak kept the E4's Pokemon's levels the same during the rematches at the Pokemon League because their teams were already powerful (iirc, their Pokemon were all around level 60). I suppose Game Freak couldn't be bothered to upgrade the E4's Pokemon's levels for fear that they would be too difficult to beat or something.
    that would just encourage people to train. i would prefer it if they were stronger. i like a challenge when i play. it would have been nice if they got stronger, because the challenge disappears when you reach the higher levels.

    Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.



  2. #602
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Beat the Elite Four for the third time yesterday. It's been a lot of fun building up a new party, training them, and then taking on the Elite Four again to see how they match up.
    Pokemon X FC: 1934-2095-9657
    Friend Safari Type: Poison

  3. #603
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    4,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    that would just encourage people to train. i would prefer it if they were stronger. i like a challenge when i play. it would have been nice if they got stronger, because the challenge disappears when you reach the higher levels.
    They do appear in the Battle mansion With 3 of 4 pokemon at Level 75 at their highest though. The same With the Gym Leaders. Maybe that's GF's answer to why they didn't make the E4's teams stronger

  4. #604
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default

    It would have been nice if they had 6 Pokemon each at least...

  5. #605
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Climbing Mt. Coronet
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawlucha Libre View Post
    It would have been nice if they had 6 Pokemon each at least...
    No, that somewhat takes away from the Champion, plus it increases the challenge factor a little too much for me.
    My Platinum Team:


    My OmegaRuby Team:

  6. #606
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanima View Post
    They do appear in the Battle mansion With 3 of 4 pokemon at Level 75 at their highest though. The same With the Gym Leaders. Maybe that's GF's answer to why they didn't make the E4's teams stronger
    There's a serious problem with the Battle Chateau in that you never know for sure if any of the Elite Four or Gym Leaders will appear. Plus, there's just something nice about re-battling the Elite Four within the Pokemon League that the Chateau can't compete with. They are suppose to be challenging, and the Elite Four usually never is, but in the Chateau they are even worse. Especially since you have to fork over so much to kick 'em a notch.

  7. #607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbro223 View Post
    No, that somewhat takes away from the Champion, plus it increases the challenge factor a little too much for me.
    Except the Champion usually has higher-leveled Pokemon.

  8. #608
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    4,011

    Default

    this might be my favorite sets of gym leaders especially clemont and valerie they are my favorites actually
    anyway is this the first time they release a bunch of young gym leaders?
    Last edited by SerenaForTheWin; 2nd December 2013 at 12:30 AM.

  9. #609
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire
    Posts
    144

    Default

    I'm kind of surprised we still haven't got a Dark-type gym leader but then I looked at the Pokemon League and they still haven't used any new types there. Normal, Rock, Flying, Fairy, Grass and Electric are the types that still haven't been specialised in by the Pokemon League. Yes I know that they used Steel and Water for the first time in the Elite Four but they were used by the champion (which are still a part of the Pokemon League) in previous games. I think they only used Steel and Water as a way of saying "We will give you two types not used by the Elite Four but have been in the Pokemon League before" as a way of being cheeky and not using Normal, Rock, Flying, Fairy, Grass and Electric, to keep the games fresh in the future. I think, for this reason of keeping the games fresh in the future, they still haven't given us a Dark-type gym in the game yet.

    Having said that, I was really looking forward to a Flying-type elite four member, as that's one I'd really like to have seen specialised in by the Elite Four but oh well.
    My favourite gen 6 Pokemon:
    Delphox
    Pyroar
    Pangoro
    Aegislash
    Malamar
    Dragalge
    Tyrantrum
    Aurorus
    Hawlucha
    Trevenant
    Gourgeist

    2638-1756-0896
    Friend Safari: Psychic - Munna, Wobbuffet, Duosion

  10. #610
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Here, duh.
    Posts
    510

    Default

    You know, I complained about the lack of post-game, but now that I've trained several Pokemon, I think I know why, because between the Battle Chateau and the Pokemon League, I can train a Pokemon from LV1 to LV50 in the space of an hour at most. The Battle Chateau respawns enough that you can just beat everyone in the place, go fight the Elite Four, then come back and fight more people, while getting a ton of money for the next day's Writ.

  11. #611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    You know, I complained about the lack of post-game, but now that I've trained several Pokemon, I think I know why, because between the Battle Chateau and the Pokemon League, I can train a Pokemon from LV1 to LV50 in the space of an hour at most. The Battle Chateau respawns enough that you can just beat everyone in the place, go fight the Elite Four, then come back and fight more people, while getting a ton of money for the next day's Writ.
    Alas, that's not post-game content.

  12. #612
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    I don't remember...
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    You know, I complained about the lack of post-game, but now that I've trained several Pokemon, I think I know why, because between the Battle Chateau and the Pokemon League, I can train a Pokemon from LV1 to LV50 in the space of an hour at most. The Battle Chateau respawns enough that you can just beat everyone in the place, go fight the Elite Four, then come back and fight more people, while getting a ton of money for the next day's Writ.
    that doesn't count as post game content.

    Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.



  13. #613
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Location: Location: Location:
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    Many people don't seem to understand that playing with EXP Share on = Easy Mode. The game's level curve is obviously fashioned without the EXP Share. I, and others, can confirm that if you play through the story without the EXP Share, the levels for the Gym Leaders are actually reasonably difficult and the overall difficulty of the game is comparable to say, Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 w/ Challenge Mode. If you play with the EXP Share, then of course you're going to finish with an overleveled team of 70's. I played without the EXP Share and I finished with a team of Lv61-63 Pokemon. I know I'm not the only one.

    And also, why are people complaining about Wulfric's levels being too high? Remember during HG/SS and B/W when we complained about how low the levels are? Thank God Game Freak heard us, I was satisfied with B2/W2's level curve, and then with X/Y they give us a freaking Lv68 Champion.

    Other thoughts:
    -I miss the Elite Four members having five Pokemon. I know that it's been like that since B/W (barring B2/W2 Challenge Mode), but what is the logic behind this?
    -I miss Gen V's method of leveling major trainers of having all of their Pokemon at the same level with their 'signature' being +2 levels higher. I always thought that was just a good way to give an idea of where you should be with your own levels.
    -I don't like how they continued Gen V's tradition of the first two Gym Leaders using two Pokemon, and the rest use three Pokemon. I would say, it's safe for Gyms #5-8 to have four Pokemon.
    -Make the characters more memorable somehow? I mean seriously, the only Gym Leaders names that I actually remember are Clemont, Ramos and Wulfric (Clemont because his Gym was memorable for literally being the Eiffel Tower, Ramos cause I just thought that's a funny name, and Wulfric because it's part of Dumbledore's full name from the Harry Potter series). As for the Elite Four, the only characters I remember are Siebold and Malva, Siebold because he was the first one I battled and Malva because of the Looker Bureau. I literally don't remember any other of the Gym Leader and Elite Four's names, because they're just really forgettable, unlike in Unova where each Gym Leader actually did something.
    -Diantha is really ugly, that gap between her thighs is almost inhuman
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

  14. #614
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    13

    Default

    My favourite gym leader is Grant cuz he looks so different from other rock type gym leaders. I also like that he uses 2 Kalos Pokemon instead of one like the other gym leaders in these games.

  15. #615
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    'Straya mate!
    Posts
    365

    Default

    A bit disappointed with Diantha if I'm honest. I think the foundations were set for a good character and Champion but very little about her was seemingly executed right. Her design and attitude had the hallmarks of another Cynthia or Alder but just wasn't expanded upon enough to give her that x-factor. Then there's the difficulty (but that's a whole other can of worms) although I liked her team as it was fairly balanced (as much as it could have been I feel with less than 70 new pokemon anyway). Her motif as a movie star wasn't emphasised nearly as much as it could have been and she didn't really get involved with much of anything much like most of the Gym Leaders and E4 and it just made her somewhat forgettable. Shame really, I had high hopes for her.


    All credit to SM of Daedric Design for this awesome banner!

    Y Team: Talonflame, Roserade, Aegislash, Goodra, Blaziken, Greninja
    3DS Friend Code: 1160 - 9940 - 3351
    Rock Type Friend Safari: Nosepass, Onix and Barbaracle.
    I has officially claimed

  16. #616
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    Many people don't seem to understand that playing with EXP Share on = Easy Mode. The game's level curve is obviously fashioned without the EXP Share. I, and others, can confirm that if you play through the story without the EXP Share, the levels for the Gym Leaders are actually reasonably difficult and the overall difficulty of the game is comparable to say, Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 w/ Challenge Mode. If you play with the EXP Share, then of course you're going to finish with an overleveled team of 70's. I played without the EXP Share and I finished with a team of Lv61-63 Pokemon. I know I'm not the only one.

    And also, why are people complaining about Wulfric's levels being too high? Remember during HG/SS and B/W when we complained about how low the levels are? Thank God Game Freak heard us, I was satisfied with B2/W2's level curve, and then with X/Y they give us a freaking Lv68 Champion.

    Other thoughts:
    -I miss the Elite Four members having five Pokemon. I know that it's been like that since B/W (barring B2/W2 Challenge Mode), but what is the logic behind this?
    -I miss Gen V's method of leveling major trainers of having all of their Pokemon at the same level with their 'signature' being +2 levels higher. I always thought that was just a good way to give an idea of where you should be with your own levels.
    -I don't like how they continued Gen V's tradition of the first two Gym Leaders using two Pokemon, and the rest use three Pokemon. I would say, it's safe for Gyms #5-8 to have four Pokemon.
    -Make the characters more memorable somehow? I mean seriously, the only Gym Leaders names that I actually remember are Clemont, Ramos and Wulfric (Clemont because his Gym was memorable for literally being the Eiffel Tower, Ramos cause I just thought that's a funny name, and Wulfric because it's part of Dumbledore's full name from the Harry Potter series). As for the Elite Four, the only characters I remember are Siebold and Malva, Siebold because he was the first one I battled and Malva because of the Looker Bureau. I literally don't remember any other of the Gym Leader and Elite Four's names, because they're just really forgettable, unlike in Unova where each Gym Leader actually did something.
    -Diantha is really ugly, that gap between her thighs is almost inhuman
    Aw come on how can you not remember Wikstorm, the knight


    he was my favorite member and also inexplicably the one I had the most trouble with. Klefkis, man


    I do miss the more personable leaders though. When the XY leaders got any sort of focus, like Korrina or Wulfric, they were pretty enjoyable but otherwise they were pretty lacking.
    Olympia has to be the absolute worst for this. Her One Personalty Trait is not actually having a personality. I think her dialog is supposed to mimic haiku or something but it doesn't come through at all.

    This sucks not only because I think the series has gotten really good at giving flavor text from the leaders but also because I love all the XY leader designs. Olympia is as boring as she is wonderfully designed.

  17. #617
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    All over the place
    Posts
    1,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Aw come on how can you not remember Wikstorm, the knight


    he was my favorite member and also inexplicably the one I had the most trouble with. Klefkis, man

    Keep in mind her main pokemon IS meowstic after all....it sort of makes sense lol


    I do miss the more personable leaders though. When the XY leaders got any sort of focus, like Korrina or Wulfric, they were pretty enjoyable but otherwise they were pretty lacking.
    Olympia has to be the absolute worst for this. Her One Personalty Trait is not actually having a personality. I think her dialog is supposed to mimic haiku or something but it doesn't come through at all.

    This sucks not only because I think the series has gotten really good at giving flavor text from the leaders but also because I love all the XY leader designs. Olympia is as boring as she is wonderfully designed.
    Keep in mind her main pokemon IS meowstic after all lol
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

    Omega Ruby Team:

  18. #618
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The maze that pays
    Posts
    10,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Olympia has to be the absolute worst for this. Her One Personalty Trait is not actually having a personality. I think her dialog is supposed to mimic haiku or something but it doesn't come through at all.
    She's apparently a fortune teller; I'd guess that the reason her dialogue is cryptic and vague comes from that.

  19. #619
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    She's apparently a fortune teller; I'd guess that the reason her dialogue is cryptic and vague comes from that.
    It's not even that vague or cryptic!
    "Power that grants lifeX/takes lifeY awakens--voices of woe. That is your future.
    (post-game) "With your Pokémon. Countless stars light your way forth. You have no limits."
    this is probably her most vague quotes and even then that's pretty obvious

    meanwhile
    "Now, the Psychic Badge. A testament to your skill. Proof of your power."
    "A symbol of trust. Lv. 90 or below... Pokémon obey."
    "Special Attack and Special Defense are increased. The Calm Mind TM."

  20. #620

    Default

    After playing the game some more and battling the gym leaders and Elite 4 (and even getting more background info from them), I have to say that Olympia and Diantha are my least favorite of the lot. The other gym leaders at least have hobbies outside being the gym leader or even have family members that you see ingame. IMO, Olympia is simply Sabrina 2.0. Once I battled her, that was it (although I love Anistar City itself. Great theme, cool things to see like the sundial, and one of the sidequests in the city blew me away).

    Diantha...really didn't do anything for me. The other Elite 4 interested me as they had connections. Malva is obvious, Wikstrom has hilarious dialogue and comes from a family of knights, Siebold is a chef and friends with some of the other gym leaders, and Drasna reminds me of Agatha and Bertha from past games (the elder lady who is super strong). Drasna's ties to past games also pulled me in and made me like her more. But Diantha? She shows up once early in the game and then you literally don't see her anymore until the end. It's just difficult to make a connection with her
    Pokemon Black FC: 2665 7832 1693

  21. #621
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    I don't remember...
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    I really wish some of these gym leaders and E4 actually had a story. some of them do, but the ones that don't, like olympia, feel really 2D. (in a 3D game i know) It just feels sad to just battle them and never interact with them again.

    Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.



  22. #622

    Default

    For me, the easiest gym leader was definitely Ramos. I managed to solo him with a 4 HP Talonflame, although the typing definitely had something to do with it.

    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

  23. #623
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hoenn Region
    Posts
    1,790

    Default

    The Pokemon League Castle left me awe-struck. Felt amazing being in that place for the first time. Combined with the music, and those massive chambers reflecting each member's type..Classy stuff.

    And while the difficulty was just right for me, I think their teams could've been better.
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 6th December 2013 at 12:33 AM.


    RADIANT BLAZE ~

  24. #624
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RussellW. View Post
    For me, the easiest gym leader was definitely Ramos. I managed to solo him with a 4 HP Talonflame, although the typing definitely had something to do with it.
    Ramos was easy for me to beat as well, mostly because I had two Fire-types on my team. Korrina was pretty easy too since I had a Flying-type and Psychic-type; I think I only had to use the former against her, that's how easy she was to defeat. The Gym Leaders in general were easy, and I suppose I should be glad; at least there wasn't a Whitney-esque Gym Leader in this region. :P

  25. #625
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    285

    Default

    I'm with the majority on this one. For the most part, the Gym Leaders and Elite Four were really boring and not that challenging compared to previous generations. It's like once you beat them, you never see or hear from them again. I liked it when they actually do something, which would make them more memorable.

    I also really wished their teams were a bit better. Take Olympia for example, she uses Meowstic as her ace. Since gym leaders in a new region tend to use a new pokemon as their ace, there were only two other pokemon that could have been her ace instead, and I honestly think both would have been better choices than Meowstic. Drasna of the Elite Four also deserves a mention, because I think she could have used better dragons than Altaria and Druddigon. I would mention others, but that would take forever to explain.

    Again, like others have mentioned, I would like them to use more than three pokemon again. It would be nice to see some variety once more.

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •