Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Gym Leaders & Elite Four Thread

I thought the game was pretty easy as a whole, mainly because the Exp Share meant my entire team was ten levels higher than anything they were facing at any given point. It's good for a quick playthrough but it does break the game a bit. As for the Elite Four, Wulfric's Aegislash gave me some problems but that was the only real issue I had. The only times I've really struggled to get past the Elite Four were in my first ever Gen 1 playthrough and my only (so far) Platinum playthrough, and in both cases that was because I went in unprepared with an underlevelled and non-synergistic team.
    3DS friend code 5300 9905 5901
    Friend Safari type: Grass - Quilladin, Tangela and Petilil

My trades:
    Shinies:
    Legendaries:

LF Meloetta. PM me with offers.

Red team:

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I don't think that would've helped that much to make Ice difficult considering you can already get those types by then (by the second gym you would have access to Flechinder, Pansear, Litleo, Lucario, Pancham, Scraggy, Honedge, Croagunk, Meditite, Mienfoo, Onix, Rhyhorn, Lunatone, Solrock, Ferroseed, Mawile, and Binacle). Now granted, a lot of these are either rare or would have to be obtained earlier, but odds are you're going to pick up at least one of these guys by then, so it still wouldn't be very challenging. But it would definitely be a more appropriate placement.
    I was talking more in terms of coverage. XY is an unusual case because of the amount of Pokemon, but by the second gym you'll likely only have one/two Pokemon that's strong against a specific type. Whereas by the eighth gym you'll have access to a bunch of TMs and stuff to give your Pokemon more coverage.
    AS:

I'm using an 'all-fossil' team, which by default means I'm using all-Rock, and that EXP Share really does ensure that everyone gets over-leveled pretty fast. Grass & Fighting stood no chance thanks to my guys being high enough to one-shot just about everyone.

As much as I love this game and the amount of pokemon everywhere, I feel like its a bit of a mixed blessing. No matter what gym you're going for; right before that gym, the perfect counter is somewhere nearby.
    1st Gym is Bug: There's easy access to Fletchling & Litleo; both of whom are counters to bug
    2nd Gym is Rock: There's already plenty of Water pokemon and Grass beforehand; Roselia, Psyduck, and Oddish to name a few. You could also go towards Geosenge and pick up a Hawlucha, too
    3rd Gym is Grass: Anything you had for Gym one is still perfect for here and most likely much higher

And So on...

There's too many Pokemon; or at least the Gyms are a bit too easy. For future Gyms, it might be interesting to encounter more 'themed' teams in Gyms. Like having a "Trick Room Team" for a Gym theme or a Defense Gym where all the pokemon are more defense-oriented pokemon. Kind of similar to Norman's Gym setup in Ruby/Sapphire where you went through doors associated with either Attack, Defense, Speed, etc.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

What's better than a Malamar?
    A Shiny Malamar!

Current Shinies:
    Malamar
    Dragalge
    Mr. Mime
    Carbink
    Sandslash
    Gyrados
    Horsea
    Haxorus
    Garchomp
    Vivillion (evolved into Modern pattern...thought Shiny turned into High Plains pattern, but whatever)

Nintendo 3DS FC: 0447 5404 6118
    Safari Zone Element: Electric
    Emolga, Electabuzz, Zebstrika

Just played through the Kalos Elite Four with my Platinum team. I can confirm the Gen 6 Elite Four is much easier than Gen 4.
    3DS friend code 5300 9905 5901
    Friend Safari type: Grass - Quilladin, Tangela and Petilil

My trades:
    Shinies:
    Legendaries:

LF Meloetta. PM me with offers.

Red team:

Quote Originally Posted by venetrix View Post
    Just played through the Kalos Elite Four with my Platinum team. I can confirm the Gen 6 Elite Four is much easier than Gen 4.
    Not sure if I'd say that confirms anything, or if that's anything that can be truly confirmed by just using a team used in a different Elite 4. Especially since the way the Elite 4 is structured is so different now. Personally, I find all Elite 4 throughout the games to be roughly the same in difficulty (or lack thereof), seeing as the Elite 4 is never any real challenge in any game.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

I was really disappointed with another ice gym, no dark gym, easy elite 4, MOAR rocks, more bugs... WHY GF WHY

Quote Originally Posted by TheASC View Post
    I was really disappointed with another ice gym, no dark gym, easy elite 4, MOAR rocks, more bugs... WHY GF WHY
    What?
    We got one bug line. One.

but there was a fairy gym at least that's one good thing , yeah the bad thing is they didn't even try to create a dark type gym i think that was the only attribute left that they didn't create as gym.

There's only 18 types in the game, and we need 12-13 of those 18 each game. It should not be surprising to see certain gyms repeated several times now.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

There's only 18 types in the game, and we need 12-13 of those 18 each game. It should not be surprising to see certain gyms repeated several times now.
    But 6 generations in and still no Dark gym? We got a Fairy gym the gen it was released.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    But 6 generations in and still no Dark gym? We got a Fairy gym the gen it was released.
    As someones said before(forgot who). Where at the point in the series that they are deliberately not making a Dark Type gym. Why? I have no idea but it seems clear they have no intention of making one, at least not anytime soon.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    That I agree with, it's pretty ridiculous that they haven't done one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    As someones said before(forgot who). Where at the point in the series that they are deliberately not making a Dark Type gym. Why? I have no idea but it seems clear they have no intention of making one, at least not anytime soon.
    Someone needs to ask them about that next time they have a chance.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

However, we got an Ice-type gym in D/P, B/W, and now X/Y. Still not as bad as it seems, but definitely kind of repetitive.
    My Platinum Team:

My OmegaRuby Team:

Like many others, I would have liked to see a Dark Type Gym this time, but for some strange reason, Game Freak don't want that to happen.

I think the Gym roster is okay though. I like the first Gym being a Bug type Gym, as Bug types traditionally have been one of the first types you encounter in the game. And since Viola has a Vivillon which evolves early at lv. 12, it really makes sense that the first Gym is a Bug type Gym. The last Gym being Ice is also quite innovative, as Ice types generally appear late in the games.
    If I should place a Dark type Gym, I think that the 7. Gym, Psychic could be replaced with a Dark type, but that's just my personal thought.

The fact that the first two gym leaders have 2 Pokémon each and the rest 3 Pokémon each, is quite dissapointing, like in BW. I would like to see future gym leaders have 4-5 Pokémon, like the case was in generation 1-4 as it prolongs the battles.
    If you are looking for XY Wi-Fi battles I'm always ready so just give me a shout!

3DS FC: 3454 0728 9992. Trainer name: Nikolaj.

Trinity League Badges:

I think it would be cool if a traditionally harder type of gym, like Water (Wake gave me fits) was placed near the beginning, along with Ice. In XY there were pokemon that you could use to beat an Ice type gym, but it still would have been different. The main character is always from "the Midwest" of the region, so what if the games started way north? It would certainly be a change of pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    I think it would be cool if a traditionally harder type of gym, like Water (Wake gave me fits) was placed near the beginning
    Misty says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbro223 View Post
    However, we got an Ice-type gym in D/P, B/W, and now X/Y. Still not as bad as it seems, but definitely kind of repetitive.
    Still, if I remember right, Steel type was only a gym back in G/S/C?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrantrum View Post
    Still, if I remember right, Steel type was only a gym back in G/S/C?
    Byron used Steel-types in Sinnoh; he was the 6th Gym Leader, in Canalave City.

Misty says hi.
    Gyrados was more what I was thinking of...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    Gyrados was more what I was thinking of...
    Gyarados would be far too strong for early game. I can't see you fighting one earlier than like, 3rd gym or something.

I wish the Elite for got upgraded teams the second time through and on like most of the past games. Also, having a game difficulty setting like in B/W and B/W 2.
    Friend Code: 1633-5265-3070
    Friend Safari: Normal
    Pokemon: Smeargle, Audino, Dunsparce

Quote Originally Posted by NightShadow View Post
    I wish the Elite for got upgraded teams the second time through and on like most of the past games. Also, having a game difficulty setting like in B/W and B/W 2.
    I wish it had half the content B2W2 had. Whose idea was it to "stumble upon the elemental bird 14 times before you're able to catch it"?

Is it just me or does Wikstrom look like Ginchiyo from Pokemon Conquest a little bit?

Too easy to beat
    Not high enough level pokemon after you beat the game
    I left this site.
    They gave me an infraction for "cheat codes, discussion".
    I wasnt even talking about cheat codes or anything.
    Its outrageous.
    All I put was that I saw a passerby with hacked shiny legendaries.
    How silly and immature is this site.
    Lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by NightShadow View Post
    Most people would agree with you there. My complaint with the difficultly setting was that it was only available post-game. It should have available at the very beginning of the games, not after you have beaten it once and have to restart.

I did like all the E4 design's. Siebold being a chef was unique, or at least I can't remember that happening before. I wish the gym leaders were more involved in the plot though. BW did a good job of that. One thing I noticed was missing was that there was no cave you had to get to the back of to get an HM, which is normally used to stretch out game content.

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast