Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Maison Thread

Default Battle Maison Thread

Discuss the Battle Maison here.

How are you battling through it? Having trouble fighting a certain trainer? Discuss and share tips and strategies with each other.

All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. One-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered spam and will be deleted.

What is the Battle Maison?
    The Battle Maison is Kalos region's battle facility and is located at the heart of Kiloude City. This is XY's equivalent of the Battle Tower and Unova's Battle Subway.

For more info about the Battle Maison, go here.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Perfect, I've been meaning to ask for some advice.

I'm currently on a 40 win streak on Super Doubles and I'm curious if I should start adjusting my team. I have Greninja, Blaziken, Hydreigon and Scizor. Blaziken and Hydreigon serve as the leads and are made to break walls while also covering each others weaknesses overall, Greninja and Scizor serve as late game cleaners and wrap it up after the two have blown down walls for them. Anyway, I'm starting to only barely scrape by nowadays, so I'm wondering if I should switch a couple out or play around with different items. Any suggestions?

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

When completing my 20streaks for singles and doubles, the hardest parts I found was actually making it to 20. Mantines were personally my most hated poke because I had no electric type moves to knock it out. I often lost at streak 17,18,19. My favourite aspect is being able to interrupt the challenge at 20, move around items on pokes and continue the challenge with a different combination of pokemon. Personally, i think its kind of cheating. Being able to use mega pokemon also really helps.
    This is my video completing singles 20 streak boss http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Nofyrk1o0
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

Oh my goodness, thank you. I've been wanting this thread to happen so long, in fact I was thinking of posting one until this popped up!

This is the current team I'm building on for Super Singles:

Carracosta @ Shell Bell
    Ability: Sturdy
    Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def)
    252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    Shell Smash
    Rock Slide
    Aqua Jet
    Waterfall

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
    Ability: Overgrow -> Thick Fat
    Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Leech Seed
    Giga Drain
    Toxic
    Protect

Heat Rotom @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
    252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
    Trick
    Volt Switch
    Overheat
    Shadow Ball

The Battle Maison, as many people say, can be really hectic due to the AI. Many of the opponents carry Quick Claw, and many low accuracy moves such as Blizzard and Thunder can not only hit, but it can also land a critical hit AND a status condition easily. If that wasn't bad enough, the upper levels are crawling with Quick Claw + OHKO Move, hence the reason why I chose a Carracosta with Sturdy as a sweeper. The reason why Carracosta carries Rock Slide instead of Stone Edge is to be on the safe side in terms of accuracy due to the unpredictable nature of the Battle Maison, and Carracosta also carries a Shell Bell to set up more Shell Smashes if its HP is full. Venusaur is mainly there to stall my opponents and check Carracosta's main weaknesses: Electric and Grass.

I'm looking forward to hearing tips and strategies from you guys, so far I've noticed that the best teams consist of only one sweeper, since having more than one can make your team very fragile.
    "There are bad ways to win - and good ways to lose. What's interesting is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..." - Grimsley

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

I am still on Super singles, I am having so much trouble, the best I have managed is a 42 win streak.
    My team is a Mega Blaziken, Life Orb Greninja and Leftovers Aegislash.
    Blaziken is obviously a sweeper lead, Aegislah is like a really awesome defensive sweeper that has been more then useful.
    I guess the only one I am willing to change over would be Greninja, she seems to get killed the most, though because of the boss I want to have something that can take out flying types easy, I was thinking weavile however then I wouldn't have any special attackers... any suggestions?

This is so hard xD

Here is better look at the Super Singles team

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
    Speed Boost
    Adamant
    4HP / 252Atk / 252Spd
    -Protect
    -High Jump Kick
    -Flare Blitz
    -Brave Bird

Greninja @ Life orb
    Protean
    Modest
    4HP / 252S.atk / 252Spd
    -Surf
    -Dark Pulse
    -Ice Beam
    -Grass Knot

Aegislash @ Leftovers
    Stance Change
    Brave
    252HP / 252Atk / 4S.def
    -Sword Dance
    -King's Shield
    -Iron Head
    -Shadow Claw
    Last edited by Blood Red Absol; 15th November 2013 at 12:33 AM.

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

My rule is hit first, hit hard, and hit whatever he might throw at you.

My team of Mega Charizard Y, Protean Greninja w/ Life Orb, and Blaziken w/Leftovers got to Super Singles 50s at around 3rd try if I'm not mistaken. And even then I wasn't being serious at it, just looking for points for the Power Items.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    Being able to use mega pokemon also really helps.
    This is my video completing singles 20 streak boss http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Nofyrk1o0
    Woah, nice video, you got really lucky by waking up from Hypnosis early. So far I haven't changed my team but I'm on the verge of doing so, when I wasn't in Super Single Battles I used a Mega Mawile, a Blaziken, and a Noivern but the opponents in Super Single get progressively worse. I'm really happy about the interruption system though, it seemed overpowered at first but it makes it easier for me to experiment with Pokémon on higher levels.
    "There are bad ways to win - and good ways to lose. What's interesting is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..." - Grimsley

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

I find the Battle Maison more difficult then the Battle Tower facilities of the past for one reason, and one reason only: Hidden Abilities.

In the Battle Subway, PWT, and Battle Facility in BW1 and 2, I never had to worry if Sharpedo had Speed boost or not. But in the Battle Maison I faced one right away and had it not been for my quick thinking, it would have swept my team. I also remember facing a Torrent Greninja one match, followed by a Protean one the following match.

On the plus side, I do like that your A.I partners in Multi battles are good pokemon with good movesets and natures, flawless iv's, and good ev spreads. I also enjoy the fact that you earn BP after every win, not just a streak of 7 like in the past.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2665 7832 1693

My Maison team right now are these fellows here:

Heliolisk
    Trait: Modest
    Ability: Dry Skin
    EVs: 252 Sp Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast
    Grass Knot
    Dark Pulse/Surf

Noivern
    Trait: Timid
    Ability: Frisk
    EVs: 252 Sp Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
    Super Fang
    Air Slash
    Flamethrower
    Dragon Pulse

Medicham@ Medichamite (that's how you spell it?)
    Trait: Jolly
    Ability: Pure Power
    EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
    Psycho Cut
    High Jump Kick
    Fire Punch
    Ice Punch

I'll most likely get a Choice Scarf or an Expert Belt for my Heliolisk, a Life Orb or Leftovers for Noivern and replace Medicham with Blaziken once I obtain enough BP and hatch a high IV'd Torchic.

Is 3BP the most you can win per battle, not counting the Battle Chatelaines?
    My FC for Pokemon X is 4613-7473-3829.

It escalates. 2, then 3, then 4, and so on. At around 40ish right before the main missus battles, it pops around 6 per fight. Not a bad deal at all.

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    It escalates. 2, then 3, then 4, and so on. At around 40ish right before the main missus battles, it pops around 6 per fight. Not a bad deal at all.
    Maximum is 7 per battle, which comes right after that. I made it a streak of 84, and it never went above 7 BP. Still an amazing amount of BP per win. Bring a Truant Durant along and you've got easy BP grinding. Pretty soon I'm thinking of trying for 100 wins to get the Lansat Berry, but I still need a better team trained up.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Maximum is 7 per battle, which comes right after that. I made it a streak of 84, and it never went above 7 BP. Still an amazing amount of BP per win. Bring a Truant Durant along and you've got easy BP grinding. Pretty soon I'm thinking of trying for 100 wins to get the Lansat Berry, but I still need a better team trained up.
    Thanks for the info, definitely MUCH better and faster than BP gaining in any of the previous games' battle facilities.
    My FC for Pokemon X is 4613-7473-3829.

Quote Originally Posted by alejandrawr View Post
    Thanks for the info, definitely MUCH better and faster than BP gaining in any of the previous games' battle facilities.
    Personally, I still like the PWC better. It's definitely not as fast as the mayo, but it's got a different air and feel to it.

So, it caps at 7...that's very handy info indeed. My highest streak so far has only been 40 so I wondering what the maximum BP output was. Not bad, not bad

White Kyurem, the dragon infused with the power of Reshiram

I beat Super Singles on my first try and currently have a streak of 51. I used:

Charizard - Timid @ Charizardite Y
    252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
    Flamethrower - Solarbeam - Air Slash - Focus Blast

Standard lead; hit fast, hit harder. I had Fire Blast on originally, but I couldn't stand the misses so I swapped it for Flamethrower. I wish I could use something other than Focus Blast, but Hydreigon would murder me without it. Carried me through most matches.

Rotom - Calm @ Leftovers
    252 HP / 56 Special Defense / 196 Special Attack
    Hydro Pump - Volt Switch - Thunder Wave - Hex

A spongey wall (Kinda), he mostly ran around Thunder Waving things and Hexing Gengars when they weren't Hypnosis haxing me.

Garchomp - Adamant @ Choice Scarf
    252 Attack / 252 Speed
    Dragon Claw - Outrage - Iron Head - Earthquake

My physical attacker that hit like a nuke at the beginning. I was running a Band on this guy instead of the Scarf, but I almost lost my streak at 44 because of a Scarfed Mr. Mime and I immediately swapped to a Scarf. It might not be as strong, but it outspeeds everything. I have Dragon Claw on in case I have to swap him in on the first turn so I don't locked on a Fairy.

For the Chatelaine I swapped my Charizard for my Marvel Scale Dragonite with Aqua Tail and Dragon Dance. Fastest win I'd had in a while.

If I could give any advice to people preparing for or struggling with the Super Singles; hit hard and fast! Have a Special and a Physical Sweeper with a mixed wall that can hit well (Rotom-W) to help out.

Now I am going to prepare - eventually - for the Super Doubles. I'm thinking a Prankster Meowstic paired with a Malamar along with Dragonite and Mega Ampharos or Rhyperior for back up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My 3DS friend code is: 4828-4985-2466.
    I am looking for competitive shinies and trophy shinies. I can breed almost anything at this point. My Trade Thread; I EV train, level up and collect!
    I've got a ton of IV Bred Pokemon, check out my trade thread and message me!

Challenge Count: 23 Wins / 3 Loss | Battle Maison Streaks: 53 Singles / 49 Doubles / 50 Triples / 20 Rotation / 22 Multi
    Beat by: a random, Steezus x 2.

Yay, my dream thread came true.

Made it to the Battle Charletaine Nita today, and it wasn't as hard as a few of the battles I've had along the way.

Rotom-H vs. Landorus

Focus Blast does 50%, WoW missed.
    Switch to Aegislash because it has a Choice Scarf, then SD on the switch.

Aegislash vs. Thundurus

KS against the Crunch, Defiant cancelled out the Attack drop.
    Rotate between and KS, until I'm at +4 and used SS for about 80%, close to KO, finished with SS.

Aegislash vs. Landorus

SS for 80%, KOd by Earth Power

Rotom-H vs. Landorus

Burn with WoW, immune to EP, it dies to Burn damage on the next turn.

Rotom-H vs. Tornadus

TW while it used Double Team, then just spammed TB until it hit, which took about 6 turns. Thankfully it got parahaxed for most of the battle, and I didn't even have to use (Mega) Gyarados.

Got my Trophy, and now have a whopping 482 BP! Maybe I'll buy all the TMs, or stock up on Choice Items, who knows. Now I have to plan another member for the Doubles line, only time will tell who it is.

Here's the full team if you're wondering.

Rotom-H @ Calm
    Rocky Helmet ATM @ Levitate
    31 / x / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
    252 HP / 252 Sp. Def / 6 Sp. Attack
    - Thunderbolt
    - Overheat
    - Thunderwave
    - Will-O-Wisp

Gyarados @ Jolly
    Gyaradosite @ Intimidate
    31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 31
    252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Dragon Dance

Aegislash @ Brave
    Leftovers @ Stance Change
    31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 0
    252 HP / 252 Attack / 6 Sp. Def
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Sacred Sword
    - King's Shield (this move is so broken)
    - Swords Dance

Any thoughts on a fourth? I was thinking Gooey Goodra, as a bulky special attacker to lead with Rotom-H, or maybe a Garchomp instead, so they can spam Discharge and Earthquake together.

Couple of things I've noticed:
    - There are Dream World abilities (the Charletaine on my run had them, not sure if they always do)
    - Their Pokemon will switch if your Pokemon is immune to their moves, and if they use Perish Song
    - They put some thought into some movesets, one off the top of my head is an Encore Slaking that gave me trouble when I tried to SD on its Truant turns.
    - After about the 40th win, trainers start using Legendaries, a couple of Veterans I saw had Terrakion / Cobalion / Heatran and Suicune / Heatran / Latios.

I gotta say, King's Shield Aegislash is sooooooo broken, that move is amazing when fighting Pokemon that carry Night Slash / Crunch / Shadow Claw.

From personal experience, I find using bulky teams that set up easier to use in Singles, but Doubles I've found more offensive power from the start is needed, because obv there are two pokemon instead of one.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I... I did it, I beat the Super Double battle! Granted, she wasn't nearly as hard as I expected, but still I'm happy to finally have that under my belt.

One thing I'll say is that I definitely made the right call putting Greninja first as it took out Latios and Suicune before being felled by Entei, that allowed me to bring in MegaBlaziken and wreck the other two without worrying that either would crush him.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 15th November 2013 at 2:49 AM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Bring a Truant Durant along and you've got easy BP grindin.
    How is using a pokemon that does not attack every second turn any good?
    Pokemon White 2_Hours: 714_Medals: 247/255_National Catcher 647/649 Missing Manaphy, Shaymin
    Pokemon X_Shiny_Octillery_Alomomola_Clawitzer x2_Goldeen_Luvdisc_Quilfish x4_Magicarp_Gyrados

How is using a pokemon that does not attack every second turn any good?
    It uses Entrainment to copy Truant to the other pokemon.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    It uses Entrainment to copy Truant to the other pokemon.
    Thanks! Didn't know.

Thanks! Didn't know.
    It's only any good in Singles, obviously, and if the opponent happens to Protect on the turn you attack, Durant's almost deadweight. Fake Out too, among other things. If the AI had half the mind to switch out, then it wouldn't work at all, but it's definitely a fun strategy if you're bored and just want BP.

Biggest problem is that Hidden Ability Durant is only found in hordes.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Battle Maison's probably my favorite post-game facility yet, besides the Battle Frontier on a whole. There's something about it that makes it worth challenging for me.

I think the fact that you can now get 1 BP per battle instead of 1 BP per 7-battle streak plays a role. I've amassed probably around 40-50 BP already, and I've only gotten far enough to beat the normal Singles leader, Nita. It's great. I plan on playing until I defeat each Maison leader.

Ugghhh, I feel so stupid, my streak at the Battle Maison just ended at 54, but not because of hax, because I stopped paying attention. Damn I was confident that I could get a good streak going, and start farming BP.

It was my Rotom-H / (Mega) Gyarados / Aegislash against a Ludicolo / Quagsire / Samurott.

The problems started with Ludicolo, who I should have used to set up Aegislash on, but instead I figured screw it, I'll use Gyarados for once. I set up a couple of Dragon Dance's, but it Leech Seeded me, and they killed each other, rather than have a +6 Aegislash and a Ludicolo corpse. Anyway, out comes Quagsire against Aegislash, I get to +4, and finish it off because it kept using Earthquake and I didn't want to keep stalling with King's Shield. I then use Shadow Sneak to finish it off, and do the same thing to Samurott, which puts it at 70%, but then it KOs Aegislash. I send out Rotom-H to finish the job, but that thing was Scarfed, and OHKO'd with Hydro Pump. I'm surprised it managed to one shot it, Rotom has tanked a lot of Surfs along the way.

I feel so stupid for not paying attention, which is Rule #1 in the Tower / Subway / Maison. And ironically I lost while looking at the Pokemon X/Y Soundtrack on iTunes, while playing a game which has the entire soundtrack on it already.

tl;dr - streak ended because i'm an idiot.

Now I'm just gonna unlock the rest of the Super lines, except Multi, that'll have to wait.
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 15th November 2013 at 6:46 AM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    Ugghhh, I feel so stupid, my streak at the Battle Maison just ended at 54, but not because of hax, because I stopped paying attention. Damn I was confident that I could get a good streak going, and start farming BP.

It was my Rotom-H / (Mega) Gyarados / Aegislash against a Ludicolo / Quagsire / Samurott.

The problems started with Ludicolo, who I should have used to set up Aegislash on, but instead I figured screw it, I'll use Gyarados for once. I set up a couple of Dragon Dance's, but it Leech Seeded me, and they killed each other, rather than have a +6 Aegislash and a Ludicolo corpse. Anyway, out comes Quagsire against Aegislash, I get to +4, and finish it off because it kept using Earthquake and I didn't want to keep stalling with King's Shield. I then use Shadow Sneak to finish it off, and do the same thing to Samurott, which puts it at 70%, but then it KOs Aegislash. I send out Rotom-H to finish the job, but that thing was Scarfed, and OHKO'd with Hydro Pump. I'm surprised it managed to one shot it, Rotom has tanked a lot of Surfs along the way.

I feel so stupid for not paying attention, which is Rule #1 in the Tower / Subway / Maison. And ironically I lost while looking at the Pokemon X/Y Soundtrack on iTunes, while playing a game which has the entire soundtrack on it already.

tl;dr - streak ended because i'm an idiot.

Now I'm just gonna unlock the rest of the Super lines, except Multi, that'll have to wait.
    Aw, that's the worst. At least you managed to stack up some BP and beat Nita. I've been trying to rebuild my own streak and get at least 100, but that's getting kinda dull now.

I'm thinking of moving my team over for Doubles now, though I'm thinking about replacing Hone Claws on Blaziken. It's amazing for Singles to patch up High Jump Kick's accuracy that will inevitably screw you over otherwise because hax. That, and Mega Blaziken is so strong that a single Hone Claws attack boost is enough for a reasonable sweep. But for Doubles, I don't think I want to bother with stat boosting moves as much, let alone Hone Claws. Any suggestions? I'm edging towards Earthquake, but I'd like to hear some input. Other moves being Flare Blitz, High Jump Kick and Protect.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast