Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

They finally had the sense to boost Rock Romb's power to 60 and accuracy to 95, making it a somewhat usable move now.

Fury Cutter also had its BP doubled, making it more practical to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bundalings View Post
    Spacial is a legitimate alternate spelling of Spatial. Faint Attack meant something completely different, though, so I'm glad they fixed it.
    well that's true but I guess

and hydrohs, what makes you say that? not that I'm actually expecting pokemon name changes. it's just in a way, it's like why not?

I'm going to sound stupid if I missed it without realizing but it looks like there's no new gadget ala pokegear/pokenav/poketch/x-transceiver

I almost wanna include c-gear in that list but that's something else and it's been replaced by pss
    Last edited by Greninja VI; 10th October 2013 at 10:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    and hydrohs, what makes you say that? not that I'm actually expecting pokemon name changes. it's just in a way, it's like why not?
    That would be a pretty major change, don't you think? Even just adding a letter. It's the Pokemon's name, it's what it's been identified as forever. Moves are different, they don't matter as much.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That would be a pretty major change, don't you think? Even just adding a letter. It's the Pokemon's name, it's what it's been identified as forever. Moves are different, they don't matter as much.
    well idk I just saw it as a name. i see move name changes as equal to pokemon name changes (as long as it's essentially the same name just different "corrected" spelling)
    it's not like you're changing the design of the pokemon after 15 years, get me? but I won't be surprised if it doesn't happen because your reasoning makes enough sense too. I just personally don't see it as a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Fury Cutter also had its BP doubled, making it more practical to use.
    It's actually Honedge's best move to use when you first catch it, thanks to No Guard.

Has anyone else mentioned that TM96 is Nature Power? Because it is Nature Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    It's actually Honedge's best move to use when you first catch it, thanks to No Guard.

Has anyone else mentioned that TM96 is Nature Power? Because it is Nature Power.
    Oh really? This one, right? http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature_Power

If so that has potential for online, giving access to Earthquake to those that might want it...assuming they get Nature Power of course

I'm thrilled that weather abilities has been nerfed. The Hidden Power Base Power change is also a welcome to me as I don't have to worry about the power of Hidden Power anymore too.

I always thought having pretty well every aspect of Hidden Power affected by IVs was pretty silly, so that's a nice change.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I don't understand the nerfs to special attacks. I do hope they nerfed things like Close Combat and Flare Blitz as well, because players will just focus on using physical attackers even more otherwise.

They're already more prevalent then special attackers, in part because their stat boosting moves have a much higher distribution then their special equivalents.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 10th October 2013 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I don't understand the nerfs to special attacks.

I do hope they nerfed things like Close Combat and Flare Blitz as well, because players will just focus on using physical attackers even more otherwise.
    I actually wondered about that as well, we've had all these moves unchanged since Gen I, so why now?

Wait so Nature Power is a TM? That's pretty awesome! If you have access to it, definitely use it over Earthquake due to higher PP. (Wi-Fi only)

I actually wondered about that as well, we've had all these moves unchanged since Gen I, so why now?
    Blizzard had 90% Accuracy and Fire Blast had 30% Burn chance in Gen 1. Thunder is unchanged iirc until now.

Also for those that want Feraligatr to be called Feraligator, the character limit is increased so just nicknamed them that. XD
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 10th October 2013 at 11:45 PM.

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

so happy about HP having a set base power shame it wasn't 70 but I can live with 60

loving everything ive seen so far cant wait to use Lapras to surf on
    Friend Safari

Friend Code - 3411-1341-5371

Actually, they have been changed at least some since the first gen. Blizzard originally had 90 acc in RBY for example. Actually, this gen is reminding me of second gen a lot, just like 5th was supposed to remind of first gen

low amount of pokemon
    new type
    tpe changes for old pokemon
    a nerf to a OP type
    changes to many old moves
    and it seems like it is going to be a more defensive metagame, just like the second gen metagame was.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    Wait so Nature Power is a TM? That's pretty awesome! If you have access to it, definitely use it over Earthquake due to higher PP. (Wi-Fi only)
    Yeah, Skiddo, Flabébé, Bunnelby, Pikachu, Budew, Gulpin and the Elemental monkeys are what I have that can learn it so far.

(Watch it be nerfed back to Swift in link battles like it was in Gen III)

I wonder if they increased the powers of weaker moves and nerfed the power of common moves so people would change up their move sets a bit?
    Friend Safari

what do we know of power-up punch?
    3DS code: 2750-1283-2723
    LF:
    modest/timid Latios, good IVs, UT
    brave or quiet snover, w/ giga drain, 31/31/31/31/31/0 spe
    For Trade:
    HA pokemon:froakie, fletchling, pancham, goomy, chespin

non-HA pokemon with preferred natures/IVs/egg moves:

shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    I wonder if they increased the powers of weaker moves and nerfed the power of common moves so people would change up their move sets a bit?
    And yet Cut is still a straight downgrade to Tackle...

So what happened to hidden power?
    My pokémon x (first playthrough) team as of now(unevolved):
    1.Fennekin(named Trixie)
    Ralts(if male: Dusk shine; if female: Twilight Sparkle. Will transfer from White 2)
    Squirtle(Name undecided. Will be boxed until first runthrough is over)
    2. Amara((Name undecided)
    3. Goomy(Named: Lord Smooze/The Smooze)
    4. Swirlix(Name: Pinkie Pie)
    5. Froakie(through trade. Name: Dororo)
    6. Mareep(Name: Amphabulous)

I love all of all three starter lines but i love the Fennekin line the best

Quote Originally Posted by pokébrony4869 View Post
    It's base power has been changed to 60, instead of relying on a Pokemon's IVs.

It has a revamped power of 60 now. IVs still determine the type.

it got better!

no need to worry about IV's if your using it now which is great! (unless you want a specific type)

Base 60 isn't 2 shabby for coverage in my eyes
    Friend Safari

It's base power has been changed to 60, instead of relying on a Pokemon's IVs.
    In some way I find this so much better. I never really bothered with Hidden Power's BP, but now I can at least expect a BP of 60 from opponents.
    Last edited by Citizen Insane; 11th October 2013 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    It has a revamped power of 60 now. IVs still determine the type.
    I'm assuming there's a hp fairy now as well?

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    I'm assuming there's a hp fairy now as well?
    yup there will be

so any pokemon transferring from Gen 5 - 6 will have its HP type changed most likely to accommodate the new type
    Friend Safari

I really hope when you transfer your Pokemon forward their HP type locks down. I have an awesome Omastar with HP Grass, but without HP Grass it would be pretty terrible.
    Looking for these female Pokemon with their Hidden Abilities. I have dozens of DWFs on offer. PM me if you want to trade.

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast