Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

No more Technician Low Sweep makes Ambipom and Breloom sad face.

The Knock Off change is wonderful, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bentleyaaronj View Post
    Does anyone have any proof that you can trade for another starter post game?
    I don't recall "trading", but all I know is that Shauna "gives" you the Gen 6 starter weak to yours.
    So, if you picked Chespin, you get Froakie post-game. Pick Fennekin, get Chespin. Pick Froakie, get Fennekin.

.: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Someone knows what new online thing will replace Dream World in X/Y?
    It will be possible to get Pokémon that don't are in the games, such Ratatta?
    Current playing: Pokémon Y

My 3DS XL Friend Code: 4828-3763-6748
    My 3DS XL Safari: Don't Know (fell free to add, just send me a PM with yours)

Quote Originally Posted by shideravan View Post
    Someone knows what new online thing will replace Dream World in X/Y?
    It will be possible to get Pokémon that don't are in the games, such Ratatta?
    Horde Encounters and the Friend Safari have Hidden Abilities so it's very unlikely!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragalge View Post
    We'll get Mega Flygon/Milotic when Roy gets his job back in SSB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster_Lord View Post
    Welcome to the Internet, enjoy your Ridley on smash claims, now with fairy type add on for 20% extra coolness factor.

Friend Safari zone? How it's works?
    And how about PokéMileage Club?
    What's that?
    Current playing: Pokémon Y

My 3DS XL Friend Code: 4828-3763-6748
    My 3DS XL Safari: Don't Know (fell free to add, just send me a PM with yours)

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I don't recall "trading", but all I know is that Shauna "gives" you the Gen 6 starter weak to yours.
    So, if you picked Chespin, you get Froakie post-game. Pick Fennekin, get Chespin. Pick Froakie, get Fennekin.
    "Given" via trade
    Kanpachi specified trading her anything you'd like in exchange

Where can hidden mega stones be found? Just lying on the ground? Do particular places have a set variety of mega stones?
    Ok, so anyone with half a brain would already know this, but for those who don't, Im'ma lay down some knowledge for you guys. Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, but they do not develop the games, they merely publish them. Gamefreak is the developer of the (main series) pokemon games, but they are not owned by Nintendo. TPCI/TCPJ markets the Pokemon games, and is partnered with Nintendo like Gamefreak. Every time I see someone complaining about Nintendo ruining the Pokemon games and that they just need to die, it just makes my blood boil. I mean, how can some people be so ignorant? It boggles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    "Given" via trade
    Kanpachi specified trading her anything you'd like in exchange
    Oh right. That. I can't believe I forgot that info...
    Just to clarify, she'll accept any Pokemon right?

.: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Here is something I have been wondering. Will dual typed move negate immunities? For example will a fighting/dark type move hit a ghost type?
    JUST A CHILLED OUT SKUNTANK GUY

MARCH OF THE SKUNTANK ARMY

Lesson: Disagreeing with other opinions no matter how small may lead to flame wars and banging your head against the wall

for those who lost track of all the new moves this link lists all the ones we know thus far http://pokemondb.net/move/generation/6

The 6 best pokemon of all time. If you disagree you can and will be factually disproven

What happened to Ice Beam, Flamethorwer, and Thunderbolt?
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    What happened to Ice Beam, Flamethorwer, and Thunderbolt?
    Instead of 95, their base power is now 90.

What kind of random nerf...
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    What kind of random nerf...
    I know right? Though it's not that dramatic. Also, same happened with Surf.

So Misty Terrain is basically Safeguard with the added benefit of making Dragon type attacks weaker.

Here, I was thinking it would be a Ghost type weather, since I fail to see what mist has to do with faeries (Or why the heck it would weaken dragons, for that matter).

Seems kind of random and unnecessary to lower the base power of flamethrower, ice beam and thunderbolt. I hope the probability of their side effects increase. I guess they wanted those moves which are starter types to match the power of leafblade. So now flamethrower, surf and leafblade are all base 90. Could be gamefreak trying to balance the game out a little too much.
    JUST A CHILLED OUT SKUNTANK GUY

MARCH OF THE SKUNTANK ARMY

Lesson: Disagreeing with other opinions no matter how small may lead to flame wars and banging your head against the wall

Does anybody think this game is too easy to level up? Maybe its just because I never played a game for that many hours.

But we are seeing screenshots of pokemon level 60, 70, 80+ after a week or so of playing?

Is that normal or is levelling up earlier?

I haven't actually owned a Pokemon game since Pearl

The EXP All is a major contributor, plus Pokemon Amie apparently starts granting bonus EXP once a Pokemon hits a certain affection value.

This game has the highest endgame levels out of any generation so far, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    The EXP All is a major contributor, plus Pokemon Amie apparently starts granting bonus EXP once a Pokemon hits a certain affection value.

This game has the highest endgame levels out of any generation so far, though.
    Yeah im not a fan of EXP all. I hope after a couple of weeks of playing you aren't going to have 50 (Maybe exaggeration) Pokémon at level 100. Sees kind of iffy, makes the games a lot easier.

You also have easy access to the GTS from the start of the game, and can get the 50% exp boost by asking for the same pokemon you offer right from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by FinchReese View Post
    Yeah im not a fan of EXP all. I hope after a couple of weeks of playing you aren't going to have 50 (Maybe exaggeration) Pokémon at level 100. Sees kind of iffy, makes the games a lot easier.
    All of the actual challenge as of late has pretty much only been in the postgame.

Between the Pokemon Amie benefits and Super Training, X/Y are likely to be the easiest games to finish out of any of them. Mega Pokemon are going to make the battle facilities a total nightmare, though.

There may be quite a few impressive new mechanics....but $5 says that when you get a gym leader or elite 4 low enough, they are gonna full restore like no tomorrow.
    Ahh...some things never change
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/oirhjp.png[/IMG]

could someone explain to me how the exp system works again? I know its similar to gen 4 (if i recall right) but from what I read lvling is slightly quicker and so is the cash flow or is this only caused be the o powers?

At least the noticed the obvious EXP problem from the fifth gen.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by JP Sonic View Post
    There may be quite a few impressive new mechanics....but $5 says that when you get a gym leader or elite 4 low enough, they are gonna full restore like no tomorrow.
    Ahh...some things never change
    I'm quite surprised their difficulty is a teensy bit higher. All though the downside is having less pokemon in their team.

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast