Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1361

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Amaura's Refrigerate ability "increases the power of Normal-type moves by 30% and then changes those moves to Ice-type", thus Take Down was Ice-type in that instance.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemiracle View Post
    EDIT : it says I can't make this video public... Sorry :/ must be because of all these hacked pokemon
    So, they allow these pokémon to be used in battles with other players but they don't allow sharing videos of them. Way to go, Troll Freak!

Though, there are more than enough videos of these in Youtube anyway but the point is that GF really has some weird logic behind their decisions.

It's because of the way battle videos work. It's not an actual video, it's just being recreated. Since these Pokemon don't exist yet the server can't recreate the battle.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Still, it's rather absurd that the hackmons can still be used in online battles like that.

For all intents and purposes the Pokemon are legitimate, though. They exist within the game, so that's really all that matters.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Since these Pokemon don't exist yet the server can't recreate the battle.
    Aren't they coded into the game, though? Isn't that how we know they exist and were able to access them in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Aren't they coded into the game, though? Isn't that how we know they exist and were able to access them in the first place?
    They don't exist as in haven't been announced. So they're not part of the battle video server. Or at the least, the server is set to not accept videos with certain Pokemon until a certain date.

I wasn't aware that hacking went this far, or went anywhere at all, but I am pleasantly surprised, for science.

Also, I am pretty sure many of you will be happy to hear this cause I'm too, contest stats actually do exist within the current file format for Pokémon files.

So... besides this does anybody know the the fourth unknown move that isn't Light of Ruin, Steam Eruption or Hyperspace Hole?
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Also, I am pretty sure many of you will be happy to hear this cause I'm too, contest stats actually do exist within the current file format for Pokémon files.
    I think we all know what this means.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Sinnoh confirmed, and the return of Super Contests?

Nothing? Contest stats were in the code for BW (and presumably B2/W2), but they went mostly unused.They're probably still there in case someone, for some reason, transferred an unevolved max Beauty Feebas all the way from Gen III to XY so they could still evolve it that way, as was the case for BW.
    Last edited by bolter1; 11th March 2014 at 12:23 AM.

I was having a discussion with my friend the other day about the accuracy of Thunder and Hurricane in the rain. If the opponent uses Double team in the Rain, does the evasion beat out Thunder/Hurricane, or do they still have 100% accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by bolter1 View Post
    Nothing? Contest stats were in the code for BW (and presumably B2/W2), but they went mostly unused.They're probably still there in case someone, for some reason, transferred an unevolved max Beauty Feebas all the way from Gen III to XY so they could still evolve it that way, as was the case for BW.
    The ability to evolve Feebas is hardly a good reason to keep Contest stats around considering Feebas has an alternate evolution method now. They wouldn't bother keeping them around if they didn't want to bring back Contests for a future game.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

The ability to evolve Feebas is hardly a good reason to keep Contest stats around considering Feebas has an alternate evolution method now. They wouldn't bother keeping them around if they didn't want to bring back Contests for a future game.
    Then why would they have been in Gen V? That is literally the only thing contest stats did. Fourth paragraph. Until further evidence shows up, this seems to be the most likely reason since it has happened before.

IMO, the Contest stats being on the data, whether it's going to be used or not, is just a matter of future-proofing.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolamite View Post
    I was having a discussion with my friend the other day about the accuracy of Thunder and Hurricane in the rain. If the opponent uses Double team in the Rain, does the evasion beat out Thunder/Hurricane, or do they still have 100% accuracy?
    They still have perfect accuracy. I've hit Pokemon that have used double team multiple times using Hurricane and Thunder in the rain.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

VGC 2015 Season: 156 CP

I think I might found something interesting with the breeding mechanics
    I got a female Fraxure with Rivalary and abillity capsuled it to Mold Breaker
    All of its kids had Mold Breaker (5 of them)
    I took one (female) and started breeding her (all with ditto) - all 25 kids had mold breaker
    My bouffalant which had recklees (I capsuled it to Sap Sipper) had 10 kids. 9/10 had Sap Sipper
    It seems that parents who were abillity capsuled and their direct offsprings have a better chance to pass their abillity
    Maybe not, worth testing

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Assuming you got that translation right...
    My guess is they would probably slightly lower its base stats (or give it a less effective spread when Mega Evolved) and/or add some way to more easily counter it (through new items, abilities, moves) in future Pokémon games.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. But I am currently playing through x and y, and I want to go back to black and white 1 or 2 and play those. Will they still work with the pokebank even without the wifi network? Also any beginner advice would be great. I haven't played a pokemon game since game boy days in high school and college.

Quote Originally Posted by Devinias View Post
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place. But I am currently playing through x and y, and I want to go back to black and white 1 or 2 and play those. Will they still work with the pokebank even without the wifi network? Also any beginner advice would be great. I haven't played a pokemon game since game boy days in high school and college.
    The only thing you can do with PokeBank and B/W/B2/W2 is use the PokeTransporter to transfer Pokemon to your Bank. You can't withdraw any.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 13th April 2014 at 3:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devinias View Post
    Will they still work with the pokebank even without the wifi network?
    Pokebank and Poketransporter requires you to connect to the internet, so without internet access you can't access Pokebank.

However, if you're referring to the closing of Nintendo WFC servers at the end of May, Pokebank and Poketransporter are not affected by it since they use a different server.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

So I was crusin around Bulbapedia looking for some trouble when I decided to look at just how many moves currently existed. I scrolled down to numbers 614 and 615 to two moves named "Thousand Arrows" and "Thousand Waves". So what's the deal? They don't have pages yet so I assume they're like "Light of Ruin" and we're not supposed to know about them yet.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

A certain group of people recently managed to do a full RAM dump of X/Y, which basically lets them look at all of the game's data.

Now I just hope they have the sense to not make the method of how they managed to do this go public, or else fair play in 3DS WiFi multiplayer is doomed, as it could easily branch out to other 3DS games that aren't relatively cheater-proof like Pokemon is, and messing with the game's RAM is how typical cheating devices like the Action Replay functioned.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 14th April 2014 at 1:22 AM.

The main site now has pages on the three new moves, so they're probs legit.

http://serebii.net/attackdex-xy/holdhands.shtml

"Ally Pokémon hold hands. This makes them very happy."

http://serebii.net/attackdex-xy/thousandarrows.shtml

"This move also hits opposing Pokémon that are in the air. Those Pokémon are knocked down to the grounssd [sic]."

http://serebii.net/attackdex-xy/thousandwaves.shtml

"The user attacks with a wave that crawls along the ground. Those hit can't flee from battle."

I'm definitely getting shades of Freeze Shock and Ice Burn with those last two moves, there.

Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152535455 LastLast