Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Are there still more moves to locate? Cuz most of the ones that have been discovered are almost useless. I mean who bothers with plusle and minum?

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii / discovery thread
    That's interesting. Druddigon just used Dragon Tail on my Lapras and it didn't switch out...
    What does this just mean? Is there any reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Hasty Jynx View Post
    What does this just mean? Is there any reason?
    He didn't elaborate, so it's possible that effect was removed.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Does anyone know if there is a faster way to level besides just battling wild pokemon over and over again when you'r done with trainers? Such as the VS Seeker or Audino method from Gen 5?
    3DS FC: 0447-6250-9228

I can breed any pokemon that's breedable and also have some female Dream World pokemon I can breed for their unique abilities.
    Also have cloned Regi's, Kyogre, Groudon and Shiny Ursaring
        Spoiler:- DWF I can breed:

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Dragon Tail would be utterly pointless if that was the case, considering that Dragon Claw would just be flat out better then it now, and I'm fairly sure both are available as TMs still.

I'm assuming it just doesn't work on heavy Pokemon anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Dragon Tail would be utterly pointless if that was the case, considering that Dragon Claw would just be flat out better then it now, and I'm fairly sure both are available as TMs still.

I'm assuming it just doesn't work on heavy Pokemon anymore.
    Yes, what Rakurai says is true... The main point of Dragon Tail is to switch the opposing Pokemon out.

Maybe it really doesn't work on heavy Pokemon now... Or maybe it doesn't work on Ice types...

Its description still states that it knocks the target away, so it must be that it doesn't effect heavier pokemon now

So Knock Off apparently deals double damage to Pokemon with hold items now, making it a BP 110 move in that case. That's precisely the kind of Dark type buff I was hoping for.

Too bad Hydreigon doesn't really benefit from it, and instead is getting nerfed further by the overall weakening of special attacks...

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    So the Overheat style moves got nerfed as I was expecting.

It also looks like physical moves didn't get nerfed at all, either.

This balancing logic is starting to seriously confuse me. The ones who most frequently ended up destroying entire teams were physical attackers, so why make only the special attackers suffer?
    I always carry burn inducing moves on my team in the past, so... yea, I personally find Sp. Atk to be more of a threat.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/attacks.shtml

Therre's some interesting things.
    Psychic, Rock and Dragon gets nothing this gen.
    There's only one attack of two types, named Flying Press.
    Fairy has the most attacks, with 13 for obvious reasons. All of Fairy Moves are Special except one.
    There's 48 moves in the list and apears to be complete. (except event pokemon).
    The mayority oif attacks has interesting effects.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    http://www.serebii.net/xy/attacks.shtml

Therre's some interesting things.
    Psychic, Rock and Dragon gets nothing this gen.
    There's only one attack of two types, named Flying Press.
    Fairy has the most attacks, with 13 for obvious reasons. All of Fairy Moves are Special except one.
    There's 48 moves in the list and apears to be complete. (except event pokemon).
    The mayority oif attacks has interesting effects.
    I don't know if I misunderstood, but there are probably more new moves than 48... Every other generations gave us ~100 new moves.

Also, I think all these moves will help Grass-types a lot, but it seems like Ice-types get nothing...

I don't know if this has been said yet but the critical hit multiplier is now 1.5x instead of 2x.

This finally brings some closure to the video where Politoed critted Sylveon in the Rain with Hydro Pump at least, and means that 'Critical Hit!' is less of a death sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    I don't know if this has been said yet but the critical hit multiplier is now 1.5x instead of 2x.

This finally brings some closure to the video where Politoed critted Sylveon in the Rain with Hydro Pump at least, and means that 'Critical Hit!' is less of a death sentence.
    This is awesome if it's true.

Is there any changes to the sleep mechanics?
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    This is awesome if it's true.

Is there any changes to the sleep mechanics?
    Apart from Grass types being immune to powder moves like Stun Spore, Sleep Powder and Spore, I think they may remain the same. I haven't seen any info on it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasty Jynx View Post
    I don't know if I misunderstood, but there are probably more new moves than 48... Every other generations gave us ~100 new moves.

Also, I think all these moves will help Grass-types a lot, but it seems like Ice-types get nothing...
    Part of the reason why that's likely is because they have stated that new generation Pokémon have been given priority when it comes to new moves. Including the fact that we haven't increased the TM amount significantly, it isn't too hard to imagine that this is the case.

This is pretty much one of the reasons why I was so pissed off about the low TM count. This is just barebones for everyone, even with the future Move Tutors.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Does anyone know if Join Avenue or something similar is in the game?
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

It's so exiting the games are out already! I don't have a game yet, but I hope I will have it one day.
    When I found out that you can get second starter after defeating elite four I had a really hard time in deciding for my starter. I want Fennekin and Chespin, but then I have to choose Fennekin first in order to get Chespin. It's just so, so hard
    Anyway, you can get a starter in Friend Safari, right? Are there starters from all generations and stages, because I have read only about Ivysaur and Wartortle.
    Imagine with all your Mind. Believe with all your Heart. Achieve with all your Might.

“You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true! Make your wonderful dream a reality, and it will become your truth! If anyone can, it's you!” — N

Quote Originally Posted by Naito View Post
    It's so exiting the games are out already! I don't have a game yet, but I hope I will have it one day.
    When I found out that you can get second starter after defeating elite four I had a really hard time in deciding for my starter. I want Fennekin and Chespin, but then I have to choose Fennekin first in order to get Chespin. It's just so, so hard
    Anyway, you can get a starter in Friend Safari, right? Are there starters from all generations and stages, because I have read only about Ivysaur and Wartortle.
    In hindsight they could have done something similar with Gen V instead of creating and handling out three monkeys that are essentially copies of each other.

Right now, the one thing I'm upset about with X & Y is that they weakened a lot of powerful moves like Aura Sphere, Fire Blast, Dragon Pulse, and Flamethrower

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Right now, the one thing I'm upset about with X & Y is that they weakened a lot of powerful moves like Aura Sphere, Fire Blast, Dragon Pulse, and Flamethrower
    It's only a small drop. The only one I'm bitter about is Aura sphere, as Lucario's my favourite pokemon, and I feel that such as special move deserves to be stronger.

Where can you get more Poke Puffs? Just wondering
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

Nvm, ignore me!

I have been in Santalune Forest in the game. I have noticed that if you have a pokemon native to the area, that paticular pokemon pops up MUCH more often. For instance I caught a scatterbug when I first came into the forest, and all I saw were scatterbug with a couple exceptions. I then caught a Pikachu (with a light ball what what) and while I was training in the forest and the following areas all I saw were Pikachu.

Theory: When you have a pokemon out that can be caught in the grass area, it tends to bring out that pokemon more often, which actually makes sense! Try it out for yourself trainers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemiracle View Post
    Where can you get more Poke Puffs? Just wondering
    It is by doing the mini-games:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylzen View Post
    The mini games include a
    -berry drop game, where you have to drag a specific berry to your pokemon. It's a reaction and speed game.
    -a game where you have to use pokemon's heads to hit a ball of yarn, sort of baseball style, this will test your timing.
    -Puzzle game. A real time scrambled picture (looks really cool) simply needs to be rearranged.

Higher scores lets you go to higher difficulties and earn more treats.

Haven't figured out which treats pokemon may prefer. Some higher difficulty treats have toppings like more cream and cherries.

Also sometimes when pokemon amie is set on, locally nearby trainer's pokemons will give me treats too. Havent figured out the specifics behind this.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Does Korrina's Lucario (the one she gives you) have set IVs? I feel like it does, considering how it's calculated to always outrun her own Lucario, and I've received it a couple times to the same stats, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast