Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 1357

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

  1. #276
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Portugal (GMT+0)
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    It is by doing the mini-games:

    oh but where can you play those mini games?
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

    . Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

    . Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

    Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .



    Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched


        Spoiler:- MM results:

  2. #277
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,077

    Default

    Also the repel prompt is back if anyone was wondering.
    1000 times yes. Its so simple, but for the vast amount of a given journey you don't want to meet wild pokemon that are hanging around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  3. #278
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Hey, guys. Me and my bro wanted to make X & Y a little more interesting, so we added some extra rules. These do not count as Nuzlocke rules, as we do not include either of the core Nuzlocke rules. Due to the nature of deaths with these rules, I have decided to call them pokésamsara rules. The only core rules of pokésamsara challenges are that:
    A. A friend or group of friends must have the same game, regardless of version.
    B. Decide a pattern in which every time a pokemon dies, it will have cycled through each player and back to it's original, after fainting in each game.
    C. Implement said pattern.

    So, here are the rules:
    01. name all pokémon
    02. trade dead pokémon with another player
    03. only catch one pokémon per route
    04. for friend safari, catch only one Pokémon per area
    05. no trading with outside sources
    06. No saving unless otherwise given permission by the rules
    07. each gym badge and elite victory is worth 2 disposable saves
    08. blacking out means returning to your previous save
    09. any Pokémon that you owned before they died when you blacked out must be traded to another other player
    10. catch no more than one of each species
    11. no fleeing
    12. no using legendary Pokémon
    13. use the same amount of Pokémon as gym leaders
    14. only heal at pokémon centers
    15. in exception to rule 13, if you have a pokémon with pokérus, you may heal it through other means.
    16. no trading with the other player for purposes other than evolution or pokédeaths
    17. in exception to rule 13, you may use healing items on pokémon that are under level 6.
    18. all rules above only apply before 'beating the game'*
    19. the first player to beat the game gets a prize of one master ball from every other player**

    *The players agree on a goal which declares when they have 'beaten the game'.
    **(I wanted to use this rule, but my bro thought it was unfair since I have way more free time than him.)
    Last edited by cosmicWalker; 12th October 2013 at 5:59 PM.

  4. #279
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Big Blue
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemiracle View Post
    oh but where can you play those mini games?
    Here's your answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCombusken View Post
    You need minimum three Pokemon in your party. Once you do, it's the top right hand button, the Music note.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

  5. #280
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I just got pokemon Y and noticed that when swapping pokemon in battle, each pokemon still got the original undivided experience.

  6. #281
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Javrik View Post
    I just got pokemon Y and noticed that when swapping pokemon in battle, each pokemon still got the original undivided experience.
    Do you have the Exp Share enabled? I instantly disabled it after I saw how much easier it would make everything, generating exp out of nothing.

  7. #282
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Violet City
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Is there a way to screen shot images in XY?

    The Nintendo Image Share only seems to be being promoted with New Leaf, and I can't find any info on other games that would use this feature.

    And on the same note, does anyone know of any alternative ways of taking screenshots of games on the 3DS?

    Black Version FC: 3826-2135-8427

  8. #283
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Portugal (GMT+0)
    Posts
    213

    Default

    I was wondering why I get a text saying 'Skiddo looks a bit uneasy' when I sent her to battle. She also shakes a bit on the screen. Same with my Charmeleon but not with my Tyrunt
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

    . Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

    . Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

    Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .



    Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched


        Spoiler:- MM results:

  9. #284
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hyderabad (India)
    Posts
    3,734

    Default

    Do people know about these (from Smogon).



    Seems to contain info about new abilities.

    One is Numenume and the other is Hayate no Tsubasa.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 12th October 2013 at 9:13 PM.

  10. #285
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Yorozuya Gin-chan
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Do people know about these (from Smogon).



    Seems to contain info about new abilities.

    One is Numenume and the other is Hayate no Tsubasa.
    From Smogon:
    Goodra's "Stickiness" - Slows down the foe that touches it.

    Talonflame's "Speed Wing" - you can move first when using flying moves

  11. #286
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Figured this might be the best place to ask. I just got the Exp share and was wonder if it takes any of the exp that my fighting pokemon would get like if it got 56exp with off would it get 56 when its on or is it split?

  12. #287
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    252

    Default

    OK, when you start up the game, you get seven boxes in your Pokemon storage system, enough to store 210 Pokemon. Something tells me though that you unlock more as the game progresses like in Black and White 1 and 2.

  13. #288
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Posts
    1,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JChaosW View Post
    Figured this might be the best place to ask. I just got the Exp share and was wonder if it takes any of the exp that my fighting pokemon would get like if it got 56exp with off would it get 56 when its on or is it split?
    Its 100% of the experience for any Pokemon that participated in the battle and 50% for those that do not.

    I'm not sure if this has been noted before, but Critical Captures are still in the game. Of course, I can't think of reason why they wouldn't be but its still worth noting, I think.



    3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

  14. #289
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Sweet thanks for the info.

  15. #290
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Ok I hope someone can kindly answer this because I've been spending some hours into breeding without any success.

    On Serebii's main page is now written that inheritance mechanics are a little different from the past. In fact a newborn that should have had the father's moves, just didn't have them.
    Why's that? How can I pass down the moves now? Do someone have more info?

    Thanks.

  16. #291
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Hey guys I need some help I can't figure out how to use the skates and I really need them for the 3rd gym
    Pokemon White Team

  17. #292
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    4

    Default

    How does everyone else feel about the exp. mechanics? I feel that they made it way too easy, I'm a bit bummed about that. Also why did they change pikachu's cry???
    Completed Black 2 National Dex (excluding event pkmn)
    Black 2 fc: 0820 3191 6367

  18. #293
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Hey guys I don't have my game yet but I was wondering if in the gts are there still pokemon that say level 9 and under Xerneas or something like that? Because I really hope gamefreak learned from last generation when people were wanting level 9 and under zekrom.
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079

  19. #294
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecoldsoul View Post
    How does everyone else feel about the exp. mechanics? I feel that they made it way too easy, I'm a bit bummed about that. Also why did they change pikachu's cry???
    The EXP formula seems to have reverted to pre-5th gen so I'd argue it's harder.
    In the long run the capturing things giving EXP only affects a handful of battles

    EXP Share could make things too easy, I guess, but you can also just...turn it off.

  20. #295
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Littleroot Town
    Posts
    1,070

    Default

    Nature Power is Tri Attack in Wi-Fi Battles. Ouch...it got nerfed big time.

    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!
    __________
    Twitter

  21. #296
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Big Blue
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    Nature Power is Tri Attack in Wi-Fi Battles. Ouch...it got nerfed big time.
    GG Sawsbuck, Physical Cherrim and Shiftry. You lost your access to one of the more sensible design choices B/W made in the competitive scene compared to D/P.

    I imagine like D/P we will get another Stadium-esque game with different locations, especially since Nature Power is now a TM. Or the next games will have different terrains for Wi-Fi battles.

    Also, does anybody know what TM49 is? It is not listed on the main page.

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowF View Post
    Hey guys I don't have my game yet but I was wondering if in the gts are there still pokemon that say level 9 and under Xerneas or something like that? Because I really hope gamefreak learned from last generation when people were wanting level 9 and under zekrom.
    There is a Disable Special Pokémon function which is thought to disable legendaries in the search.

    Edit: @blasian amtrax, Thanks.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 13th October 2013 at 8:08 AM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

  22. #297
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    GG Sawsbuck, Physical Cherrim and Shiftry. You lost your access to one of the more sensible design choices B/W made in the competitive scene compared to D/P.

    I imagine like D/P we will get another Stadium-esque game with different locations, especially since Nature Power is now a TM. Or the next games will have different terrains for Wi-Fi battles.

    Also, does anybody know what TM49 is? It is not listed on the main page.


    There is a Disable Special Pokémon function which is thought to disable legendaries in the search.
    TM49 is Echoed Voice

  23. #298
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Does the EXP share also give all your party the EVs for the battle as well?
    Name - AJ
    3DS FC: 1633-4190-9621
    Y Friend Safari: Wartortle, Bibaral, Poliwhirl
    Black 2 FC: 0004-1279-8556
    Black FC: 545787679565


    Offering
    :
        Spoiler:- :


    Wanted
    :

        Spoiler:- :

  24. #299
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,680

    Default

    Do wild Pokemon just drop whatever hold item they were carrying when you KO them now?

    I got a White Herb from a random Oddish I ran into.

  25. #300
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeAJ View Post
    Does the EXP share also give all your party the EVs for the battle as well?
    I believe so, though not 100% sure.

    I wonder if the EV thing is the reason why it seems easier than previous games. A bit too easy maybe.

Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •