Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Is it just me, or does anyone else find the swooping wild pokemon in Glittering Cave really annoying?
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Okay, I have just encountered a critical capture, which means that they returned in X and Y

I have a few things, not sure if they've been discussed or not before...

Does tipping have any effect on anything? I heard rumor it increases your shiny encounter rate.

I went back to Route 3 with a Pikachu at the head of my party and all I could find were Pikachu, until I moved him from the front of the party! His ability was Static, so maybe it attracts electric type Pokemon on the field?

I was attempting to catch a Zubat - the first ball I threw at him, he popped right out. I threw another one directly after that. The ball only shook once and snapped shut... Is there a small chance that a pokeball can get an instant capture?
    3DS Friend Code: 2981 6586 5454 - only accepting specific code exchanges
    In-game name is NickPick.

Your 3rd Safari Pokemon is hidden until you've beaten the Elite Four and go back online via PSS.

Poison Friend Safari
    Seviper
    Ariados (shiny reported!)
    Whirlipede

Friend Safari Access: Ditto, Quilladin, Frogadier, Braixen, Charmeleon, Wartortle, Magmar, Muk, Gyarados, Pinsir, Wobboffet, Togepi, Clefairy, Mankey, Poliwhirl, Mawile, Bronzong, Metang, EEVEE, Heracross, Vivillon, Abra, Drowzee, Galvantula, Marowak, Duosion, Barbarcle, Braviary, Golurk, Phantump, Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, Swalot, Dustox, Hawlucha, Dedenne,

Looking for tyrogue, scyther, and porygon.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nickpick View Post
    I went back to Route 3 with a Pikachu at the head of my party and all I could find were Pikachu, until I moved him from the front of the party! His ability was Static, so maybe it attracts electric type Pokemon on the field?
    That's been known since Emerald. It increases your chance of finding Electric Types.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nickpick View Post
    I was attempting to catch a Zubat - the first ball I threw at him, he popped right out. I threw another one directly after that. The ball only shook once and snapped shut... Is there a small chance that a pokeball can get an instant capture?
    That's called a Critical Capture. They added that in Black and White. Its also not a guarantee, as I've had many break out.

Found something interesting out just now. I was battling a Golett, and when I defeated it I got a message saying something like "You found a White Herb in the aftermath!" Lo and behold, I got a White Herb after the battle. Is it possible that you have a small chance of finding items after a wild battle?

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

I have a question are gyarados allowed in sky battles? I know dodrio aren't allowed. But what about gyarados?

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    I have a question are gyarados allowed in sky battles? I know dodrio aren't allowed. But what about gyarados?
    Yes, Gyarados is allowed. The main site lists everything that isn't.
    AS:

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Yes, Gyarados is allowed. The main site lists everything that isn't.
    wow interesting that scyther, gyardaos & combee can have a sky battle but tailow, pidgey & murkrow can't.

Noctowl and Hoothoot in Pokemon village location can catch at night?
    FC
    3DS: 1950-7830-6914 NAME: Leopoldos
    White2: 0519-6427-9473 NAME: KOSTAS
    White: 2065-8363-7796 NAME: Kostas

I found another mulch thats not on the Berry Fields page.
    I got it by composting 2 Oran berries and 1 Pecha berry.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Someone to give me a reply?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldos View Post
    Noctowl and Hoothoot in Pokemon village location can catch at night?
    FC
    3DS: 1950-7830-6914 NAME: Leopoldos
    White2: 0519-6427-9473 NAME: KOSTAS
    White: 2065-8363-7796 NAME: Kostas

Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldos View Post
    Someone to give me a reply?
    The day/night cycle doesn't matter in X/Y for encounter rates. In other words, you can catch them any time you want.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

4th gym and my team is 33-42 level.... lol and i wasnt even trying to level them up (actually i had recycle some of them)... ia m above the gym leaders level.. and it doesnt feel right, its too easy :/
    Last edited by sunny phoenix; 13th October 2013 at 8:28 PM.
    3883-6008-7187

Well, I just had a Garbodor hit my Mega Aerodactyl with Toxic while it was in midair during Fly. It was a Double Battle in the Lost Hotel with my Gogoat and M-Aero vs their Garbodor and Pangoro. I don't know how it happened, since it was on Turn 1. I reset the game and managed to repeat it twice as well. Any ideas?

I am loving The WOnder Trade feature. You have to be patient and go through a lot of Bidoofs, Fletclings nad other common pokmone but if you do then you can get some great ones.. like that Dragon Gloomy or Goomy. I got one as early as Santlune City. Now I can raise it through my game instead of waiting to catch it and having to grind hard to bring it up to the levels of my other Pokemon. If you haven't ried the Wonder Trade let you should. It take a while but you will be reward at some point.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Well, I just had a Garbodor hit my Mega Aerodactyl with Toxic while it was in midair during Fly. It was a Double Battle in the Lost Hotel with my Gogoat and M-Aero vs their Garbodor and Pangoro. I don't know how it happened, since it was on Turn 1. I reset the game and managed to repeat it twice as well. Any ideas?
    1)Toxic can now affect Pokémon that used Fly like Sky Uppercut or Stone Edge.
    2)Toxic can affect any Pokémon in all or most semi-invulnerable states.
    3)Garbodor's secondary additional Hidden Ability is No Guard.

Either one of those.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    1)Toxic can now affect Pokémon that used Fly like Sky Uppercut or Stone Edge.
    2)Toxic can affect any Pokémon in all or most semi-invulnerable states.
    3)Garbodor's secondary additional Hidden Ability is No Guard.

Either one of those.
    I know it's not the second one since I couldn't get Toxic from any of my other Pokémon to hit. My first assumption was perfect accuracy for Toxic for either Poison types or Stench users, since it definitely didn't have Weak Armour.

I'm try get the poke flute in route 6 I'm in palace garden I can't get dog back it it's master help
    Me out

Random question: I've noticed that it seems like lots of people are finding shinies. Have the chances of finding a shiny increased or something?

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    Random question: I've noticed that it seems like lots of people are finding shinies. Have the chances of finding a shiny increased or something?
    That's the general assumption, but we don't have any hard evidence that points towards that.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny phoenix View Post
    4th gym and my team is 33-42 level.... lol and i wasnt even trying to level them up (actually i had recycle some of them)... ia m above the gym leaders level.. and it doesnt feel right, its too easy :/
    That's why I keep telling people to turn that EXP Share off as soon as they get it.
    It's a straight up cheating device.
    It gives 71% Exp Boost if you use it with a full party and always one pokemon battling the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboy View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find the swooping wild pokemon in Glittering Cave really annoying?
    If that was annoying for you, wait until you get to the Badlands. You'll go crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterofArcanine View Post
    I am loving The WOnder Trade feature. You have to be patient and go through a lot of Bidoofs, Fletclings nad other common pokmone but if you do then you can get some great ones.. like that Dragon Gloomy or Goomy. I got one as early as Santlune City. Now I can raise it through my game instead of waiting to catch it and having to grind hard to bring it up to the levels of my other Pokemon. If you haven't ried the Wonder Trade let you should. It take a while but you will be reward at some point.
    Please don't encourage people to be parasites.

Don't put Pokemon into Wonder Trade that you wouldn't want to receive yourself*. Very simple rule of human interaction.

*for crappyness/rarity reasons, not because you already have one

Quote Originally Posted by Draknir View Post
    That's been known since Emerald. It increases your chance of finding Electric Types.

That's called a Critical Capture. They added that in Black and White. Its also not a guarantee, as I've had many break out.

Found something interesting out just now. I was battling a Golett, and when I defeated it I got a message saying something like "You found a White Herb in the aftermath!" Lo and behold, I got a White Herb after the battle. Is it possible that you have a small chance of finding items after a wild battle?
    THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME ABOUT STATIC.

Finding Helioptile just got 1000 times easier.

Dont know if this is the correct place for this but I will assume it is but i have pkrs and am looking for offers pm me please =D (have all kanto/kalos starters so dont offer them thanks)
    SoulSilver FC 2021 8519 6617

White FC 3138 5761 0366

please dont offer me japanese pokemon im really not interested in them at all -.-

STAY AWAY FROM MANAPHYFAN HE IS A SCAMMER JUST A HEADS UP !!!! =D ty for ruining the trade community scammers -.-

IF YOU HAVE A SHINY IMPISH NATURE NIDORAN MALE LVL 12 OT MIKE CAUGHT IN GREAT BALL ID BE WILLING TO OFFER ANY OF MY SHINIES OR EVENTS

Quote Originally Posted by saldu View Post

Please don't encourage people to be parasites.

Don't put Pokemon into Wonder Trade that you wouldn't want to receive yourself*. Very simple rule of human interaction.

*for crappyness/rarity reasons, not because you already have one
    Sounds like the Wonder Trade feature is going to go downhill FAST. Why would someone risk a rare pokemon when they will most likely get a crap pokemon in return? Of course it's an honor system style trade, but when there's no repercussions to being crappy, there's no reason the average person would respect it. Most people will avoid the system, including myself.

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    Doubt it. Same thing happened when BW came out, everybody was yelling about it being lowered. It's just that there are tons of people playing and everybody is posting pictures because we don't know what the shinies look like.
    AS:

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboy View Post
    I'm sure you remember how bad things were in caves from some of the previous games?
    Zubat and Geodude encounter on every step :/

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    wow interesting that scyther, gyardaos & combee can have a sky battle but tailow, pidgey & murkrow can't.
    I reckon that any flying pokemon that have do not have a flying animation are not eligible for sky battles. I remember a group of Murkrow standing there when they attacked me.

Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast